VINCE'S MARKET Employee Reviews

Awful Comapny To work For. Bad Management Stay Away!
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON17 July 2017
I would advise no one to work here or shop here. They are cooking bad food with expired products. They have no real care for the customer. They also treat their employees awful. It's a miracle they are still open for business and haven't been shut down.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Everything else
I do not recommend this company
Prepared Foods (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON16 January 2017
I worked for Vince's for 4 years and they consistently treated everyone like dirt. No one got raises for 3 years after the store opened. I was forced by supervisors to cook bad food, and forced to divulge personal information. This is a very greedy, sketchy company and I really wish that they change their ways or shut down. I was denied breaks and consistently put down even though I sacrificed a lot, always worked hard, and showed time and time again that I was a good employee. They don't care about their workers, just about themselves.
Part time worker (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 April 2016
No complaints, good experience as well as good hours. All the employees are well mannered and enjoyable to be around. The work was not too overwhelming and management is pleasant to deal with
Felt Singled Out
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Ontario16 October 2015
So went in for a meeting with Vince's manager today to speak about some issues regarding the job, I got let go for standing up for myself and attempting to resolve something I felt was inappropriate behaviour. On my last shift I had a 7 hour shift and 2 hours in I was told to go on my break. I asked if it could be later and was told no and to go. I also asked if I could split it into two 15 minutes was also told no. I went for my break though as asked and worked my final 4.5 hours. Made for a long day but fine, I did so.
The next day I came in as a CUSTOMER to pick up a few things. I intended to be quick as my parents and pups were waiting in the car for me.
The Front End Manager comes rushing out calling my name as I am leaving, I stop thinking perhaps she is going to say hello or ask me if I was available to work later that day or something of the sort (it was Thanksgiving weekend after all) Instead I am given a lengthy lecture about how I gave attitude the other day. And how that's the way things are run. I tried to explain that I merely asked, but was rudely interrupted by her saying "Oh well that's the way it is. Sometimes you have to take your break 20 minutes into a shift even if you work all day, so Oh well."
Regardless I was surprised that not only was I just told this in a very hostile tone of voice. Like she was pushing me to react, I was filled with anger but told her that I had to go, walking away.
I felt harassed, singled out and actually chased out of the store on my day off. I will not be giving Vince's my business again and encourage others to not do
  more... the same.  less
Pros
Love seeing customers
Cons
Management. Not feeling secure or protected in my job.
Great frist job
Produce cleak (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON4 February 2015
My other co-workers were great people to work for. It was also a great place to work while attending secondary school and get a feel for the work force.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bad managemant
Cashier
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sharon, ON3 July 2014
Processing customers orders, bagging their orders. You also maintain the lane and areas around it, make sure its stocked up and cleaned. If you're not busy help other cashiers bag the items and replenish the bag stock. Assisting other departments with tasks assigned by your supervisor.
Pros
Great co-workers, awesome supervisors good hours
Cons
There wasn't anything really that bad about the place, everyone is supportive!
Vinces Market Review
Baker (Former Employee) –  Sharon, ON20 March 2013
Vinces Market has great people. the managment is a tad.. unpredictable. hours are good pay was acceptable
Pros
good pay, proper and reasonable hours
Cons
tempermental manager