Vimsoft develops information management software solutions that drive efficiencies for broadcasting and media organizations throughout the Americas and Europe.
Are you interested in joining a growing and dynamic team that develops innovative software for companies like the CBC - Radio-Canada, the US military, Major League Baseball, and Sweden National TV?
Are you interested in a performance-focused environment with profit-sharing options?
This is your chance to develop a career working with enterprise-level clients and using cutting-edge technologies. Vimsoft has been steadily growing to meet the high demand for our software solutions, yet we retain our small-company advantages—meaning your input can influence important decisions.
Overall Objective and Purpose
Generate and execute test cases
Organize, design, and plan activities required for ensuring a quality product
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, designing, defining, and detailing system test cases for a large business application
- Developing and executing manual test cases and automated test scripts
- Working closely with the development team to understand how features have been implemented
- Setting up required hardware/software, and planning and preparing test data in multiple environments
- Assisting in coordination, preparation, and presentation of software products to customers
- Recording, reporting, and tracking defects to accurately depict the status of the testing phase and the quality of the software
- Identifying test techniques and tools to ensure product quality and test completion
- Assisting with the implementation of automated testing tools
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of two years of related work experience with university degree, or a minimum of four years of related work experience with community college certificate
- Experience with both automated and manual testing techniques
- Knowledge of software testing concepts and techniques; familiarity with test automation tools
- Experience with software development lifecycle; this includes experience in software development, software testing, software design, and software process improvement activities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficiency in English is required (written & spoken); French would be a strong asset
- Experience writing/maintaining detailed test cases and managing test data
- Fast typing skills, and proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Good observation skills and attention to detail are essential
- Experience with any programming language and/or database knowledge would be considered an asset
- Specific programming experience in test automation
- Exposure to a wide variety of testing efforts, techniques & tools
- Media industry work experience
- Proficiency in other languages such as Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese
Compensation and Terms of Employment
Vimsoft offers a competitive salary, a profit-sharing plan, and a Group Benefit Plan that includes health and dental coverage.