VILLAGE OF McCREARY
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – FULL-TIME TERM POSITION
The Village of McCreary is accepting written applications to fill a full-time term Labourer position. The term will commence March 24, 2014 (or as soon as possible thereafter) and will end December 31, 2014. It is possible that this term position MAY become permanent full time with opportunity for advancement for the ideal candidate.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- hold a valid Class 5 Manitoba drivers license and provide a copy of same;
- be a Grade 12 graduate, or have the GED equivalent, and provide a copy of same;
- be capable of operating and providing maintenance for municipal equipment;
- possess the ability to work independently, but also have a consultative and cooperative teamwork approach;
- express a willingness to pursue education in the field of water/waste water operations.
The duties to be fulfilled will be, but are not limited to:
- equipment operation and maintenance;
- street/drainage/sidewalk improvements and maintenance;
- facility maintenance as well as some facility janitorial duties;
- mowing, landscaping, painting where/as required;
- water and sewer system repairs and maintenance;
- other duties as assigned by the Public Works Foreman.
Your full resume will be accompanied by:
- a full list of previous work experiences;
- two (2) work related references and one (1) character reference;
- salary expectations.
If you believe you are the highly organized, extremely self-motivated and proactive person we are seeking, we want your application.
Deadline for applications is 12:00 Noon, on March 7, 2014.
Applications may be submitted in person, by fax or by e-mail to:
Village of McCreary
436 Second Avenue – P. O. Box 267
McCreary, Manitoba R0J 1B0
Fax to 1 (204) 835-2658
We are a small urban community with much to offer. Please visit www.exploremccreary.com to view our amenities. Further information may be obtained by calling 1 (204) 835-2341.
Thank you to all who apply but only those persons chosen for an interview will be contacted.