The Village of Caroline is looking for an individual to work with our public works team, as a labourer to work under the direction of our Public Works Lead Worker. This position requires the ability to carry out the manual and physical labour aspects of the job.
The ideal incumbent for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Minimum Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with Air Endorsement (a Drivers Abstract will be required)
- Proven skills necessary to operate public works equipment including, but not limited to, grader, municipal service trucks, tractors, backhoe
- Availability to work weekends and to be on call on a rotational basis as required
- Ability to perform physical labour as required
- A good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to maintain pleasant and professional working relationships with the public, other employees, and elected officials as required
Employees MUST be available Wednesdays 7:30 am to 4pm
Working hours are based on a Three (3) day/24-hour work-week with the ability for additional hours to cover vacations and/or emergencies.
The Village of Caroline offers a competitive salary package plus a good benefits package.
Competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.