Candidates are invited to apply for the permanent, full-time position of Director of Care to work in a
UniversalCare 160-bed managed facility located in Kleinburg, Ontario. Villa Colombo Vaughan is a
culturally sensitive long-term care facility that provides care to the Italian-Canadian population and
the community at large. Is it known to be one of most premiere LTC Homes.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Care is responsible for managing all aspects of
nursing care within the facility to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery
of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- Registered Nurse, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, preferred
- Eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Previous managerial experience in long-term care as well as knowledge of applicable
legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including
- Effective human relation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Knowledge of Italian language is considered an asset
Indeed - 6 months ago