Hiring: experienced painters doing exterior work (brick/concrete)
Are you tired of knocking on doors trying to find relevant and meaningful work? Let Viktech do the legwork for you so you can spend your valuable time doing what you really want to do: working, making money, and having fun!
Viktech is an ambitious and innovative temporary placement agency focusing 100% on offering skilled and general labour to the construction industry in Ontario.
We are currently looking for a number of Exterior Painters that are versatile and ready to undertake any sorts of tasks and assignments.
As a Viktech employee we will supply you with Viktech work wear, Viktech tools and with Viktech jobs at our clients' construction sites. We will take care of your payroll and we will pay your WSIB etc. It will, however, be our client, who is your day-to-day supervisor. Your salary will be the same as if you were one of our clients own employees.
Viktech is a different temporary placement agency. We pride ourselves on decency, quality, loyalty and engagement in everything we do from our engagement with you as a Viktech employee to our engagement with our clients. That's also why we only hire skilled tradespeople and general labour sharing our values. We expect you to be a performer, to be proud of what you do and to deliver quality work.
We have a number of Viktech consultants identifying job opportunities for our tradespeople. When a job is identified we match the job to our pool of Viktech workers. When we have the right work for you, our Viktech Consultant will go with you to a first introduction at the jobsite. On day 3 and day 14 he will revisit you on the site to make sure that both you and the client are satisfied with the match.
We always take references from your former employees.
For more information about Viktech and other positions, please visit: www.viktech.ca
Hours of Work/Terms of Employment:
Depending on Experience
Anticipated Start Date:
We currently have jobs available in Mississauga but we are always looking for people to fill positions across GTA and Ontario.
Required Capabilities/Skill Set:
- Preferably 5-10 years of experience in painting on brick, concrete, and other masonry surfaces
- Must be versatile, willing and/or able to carry out a wider range of tasks
- Experience working in dangerous or hazardous environments such as working at heights, using ladders, scaffolds, and swing stages.
- Attention to detail, neat, punctual, reliable, upfront, and initiative
- WHMIS (asset but will be provided if needed)
- Fall Protection (asset but will be provided if needed)
- Swing Stage Certificate (requested but not required)
Major Work Area:
Commercial/Residential - Experience working in dangerous or hazardous environments such as working at heights, using ladders, and scaffolds.
Type of Work Establishment / Work Setting Experience:
- Industrial metal painting
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
- Waterproofing, caulking, sandblasting, and masking
- Repair cracks and holes
- Removing old coatings manually
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Physically demanding, from time to time handling heavy loads, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling
Viktech will be your employer, but you will be working under the supervision of a Viktech client.
* Must be eligible to work in Canada *
* Must have own Transportation*
How to Apply:
Please reply with a copy of your resume and a human resources representative will contact you.
July 26th, 2013.
Note that the position may be filled before the deadline; it is highly recommended to apply as soon as possible!
We thank all applicants however only those qualified will be contacted.