The Accounting and Payroll Clerk will be responsible for the performance of a variety of duties that will include posting the day's receipts, filing and tallying deposits, coding, totaling, batching, entering, verifying and reconciling transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements. Other responsibilities will include the compilation of budget data and documents based on estimated revenues, expenses and previous budgets, and the performance of related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- University Degree in Accounting or CPA designation required
- Must be bondable
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in accounting required preferably within a seasonal operations business
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Computer literate, including advanced working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Previous experience with Sage 50 accounting software
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
The Accounting and Payroll Clerk reports directly to the Office Administrator, with a dotted line accountability to the executive team.
The Accounts Receivable Administrator is a member of the finance and accounting team will be expected to contribute effectively and positively to the execution of customer setup and corporate collections management functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Audits accounts to make sure that payments are timely, computes interest charges and codes documents for loan officers.
- Checks other people's work to make sure that their final figures are correct, noting errors and the causes of any miscalculations.
- Utilizes computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies.
- Contacts individuals with delinquent accounts.
- Calculates, prepares and issues documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements
- Compiles budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets
- Prepares period or cost statements or reports
- Calculates costs of materials, overhead and other expenses based on estimates, quotations, and price lists
- Responds to customer inquiries, maintains good customer relations and solves problems
- Performs related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining filing and record systems, faxing and photocopying.
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends
- Performs other duties as required.
Viking Projects Ltd. is a progressive company that strives for safety, quality and production while maintaining competent personnel in...