Calgary, AB / Permanent position
Position No.: VC-03
Come join a dynamic team, highly specialized in its field of activities and constantly aware of technological developments and discover why we are one of the 50 BEST EMPLOYERS IN CANADA.
We offer excellent wage package and benefits program:
- Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 3 weeks of vacation following one year of service
- 12 paid Statutory Holidays
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan upon hiring (prescription drug insurance, health care, dental care, disability insurance, life insurance, etc.)
- Group RRSP with employer contributions following 3 months of continuous service
- Years of service Recognition Program
- Supplemental training according to employee, market or company needs
VIKING FIRE PROTECTION INC. is a subsidiary of Polygon Security Inc., a private holding company, entirely Canadian, which concentrates its activities in the fire protection field with 14 offices throughout the country. For more than 80 years, the company has built a solid reputation by its commitment to provide products and services that meet precisely its customers' fire protection requirements. VIKING has developed strong expertise in the area of fire protection for high-risk buildings and property. Visit us at www.vikingfire.ca.
We have an immediate opening for a SPRINKLER DESIGNER in our Calgary office.
Reporting to the Design Team Leader, you will be mainly responsible for designing sprinkler systems and preparing drawings in accordance with the requirements of current codes. Among other things, your responsibilities will be:
- Preparing drawings considering architectural, structural and mechanical plans, etc.;
- Reproducing and drawing sketches, drawings and plans;
- Arranging sprinklers on the drawings in accordance with current standards;
- Verifying drawings in accordance with the established procedure;
- Participating in project meetings with project managers & other trades for project coordination;
- Ordering material based on the coordinated drawings by using HydraList;
- Proceeding to field surveys for installation drawings.
- Diploma in Fire Protection Engineering Technology or Design or High School diploma with equivalent relevant experience;
- 2-5 years mechanical drafting experience;
- Proficiency in computer-assisted design with AutoCad and HydraCad;
- Knowledge of standards and codes governing design and installation of automatic fire protection systems (an asset);
- Specific training in fire protection (an asset);
- Valid driver's license and vehicle.
- Experience will be a definite asset but we are willing to train the successful applicant who shows promise and is a team player.
Apply today by visiting our Website or submit your resume to Caroline Gobeil by e-mail.