JR. FIRE ALARM TECHNICIAN
Nanaimo, BC / Permanent position
Position No.: TV-23
Come join a dynamic team, highly specialized in its field of activities and constantly aware of technological developments and discover why we are one of the 50 BEST EMPLOYERS IN CANADA.
We offer excellent wage package and benefits program:
- Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 3 weeks of vacation following one year of service
- 12 paid Statutory Holidays
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan upon hiring (prescription drug insurance, health care, dental care, disability insurance, life insurance, etc.)
- Group RRSP with employer contributions following 3 months of continuous service
- Supplemental training according to employee, market or company needs
VIKING FIRE PROTECTION INC. is a subsidiary of Polygon Security Inc., a private holding company, entirely Canadian, which concentrates its activities in the fire protection field with 14 offices throughout the country. For more than 80 years, the company has built a solid reputation by its commitment to provide products and services that meet precisely its customers' fire protection requirements. VIKING has developed strong expertise in the area of fire protection for high-risk buildings and property. We are an authorized distributor of Notifier products. Visit us at www.vikingfire.ca.
We have an immediate opening for JR. FIRE ALARM TECHNICIANS to work in the Nanaimo, BC area.
Reporting to the Fire Alarm Coordinator, you will be mainly responsible for inspection, verification, modification and service of fire alarm systems. You will also respond to service calls from customers. Among other things, your responsibilities will be:
- Assembly and programming of new fire alarm systems;
- Perform inspection, verifications, service and troubleshooting of existing fire alarm systems;
- Perform upgrades, repairs, additions or improvements to systems following inspection;
- Preparation of inspection, verification and deficiencies reports in a timely manner;
- On-call after hours rotation.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in service and inspection of fire alarm systems;
- Strong fundamentals in electronics/electricity or Fire Science Technology;
- Aptitude for mechanical and electrical/electronic troubleshooting;
- Valid driver's licence (mandatory);
- Ability to work well independently;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Knowledge of Notifier products (an asset).
Apply today by visiting our Website or submit your resume to Caroline Gobeil by e-mail.