FIRE ALARM COORDINATOR
Burnaby, BC / Permanent position
Position No.: VV-15
Come join a dynamic team, highly specialized in its field of activities and constantly aware of technological developments and discover why we are one of the 50 BEST EMPLOYERS IN CANADA.
We offer excellent wage package and benefits program:
- Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 3 weeks of vacation following one year of service
- 12 paid Statutory Holidays
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan upon hiring (prescription drug insurance, health care, dental care, disability insurance, life insurance, etc.)
- Group RRSP with employer contributions following 3 months of continuous service
- Supplemental training according to employee, market or company needs
VIKING FIRE PROTECTION INC. is a subsidiary of Polygon Security Inc., a private holding company, entirely Canadian, which concentrates its activities in the fire protection field with 14 offices throughout the country. For more than 80 years, the company has built a solid reputation by its commitment to provide products and services that meet precisely its customers' fire protection requirements. VIKING has developed strong expertise in the area of fire protection for high-risk buildings and property. We are an authorized distributor of Notifier products. Visit us at www.vikingfire.ca.
We have an immediate opening for a FIRE ALARM COORDINATOR for our Burnaby, BC office.
Reporting to the District Manager, you will be responsible for the overall coordination of contracts for fire alarm systems. You will be expected to maximize the efficiency of the execution of the contract with effective use of manpower, material and equipment in order to achieve project objectives within schedule. Among other things, your responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in work estimates for fire alarm systems as support to the Sales group;
- Manage projects according to the site schedule, specifications and the estimate;
- Assign all manpower and materials to complete the project;
- Coordinate workload for fire alarm technicians;
- Participate in construction site meetings, when necessary.
- Prepare monthly invoicing;
- Lead team meetings.
- At least 5 to 10 years experience in the fire alarm contracting business;
- Knowledge of products used in fire alarm and more specifically Notifier products (an asset);
- Past field experience (an asset);
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong teamwork and communication skills;
- Valid driver's licence.
Apply today by visiting our Website or submit your resume to Caroline Gobeil by e-mail.
Come join a dynamic team, highly specialized in its field of activities and constantly aware of technological developments and discover why...