Burnaby, BC / Permanent position
Position No.: VV-18
Come join a dynamic team, highly specialized in its field of activities and constantly aware of technological developments and discover why we are one of the 50 BEST EMPLOYERS IN CANADA.
We offer excellent wage package and benefits program:
- Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 3 weeks of vacation following one year of service
- 12 paid Statutory Holidays
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan upon hiring (prescription drug insurance, health care, dental care, disability insurance, life insurance, etc.)
- Group RRSP with employer contributions following 3 months of continuous service
- Supplemental training according to employee, market or company needs
VIKING FIRE PROTECTION INC. is a subsidiary of Polygon Security Inc., a private holding company, entirely Canadian, which concentrates its activities in the fire protection field with 14 offices throughout the country. For more than 80 years, the company has built a solid reputation by its commitment to provide products and services that meet precisely its customers' fire protection requirements. VIKING has developed strong expertise in the area of fire protection for high-risk buildings and property. We are an authorized distributor of Notifier products. Visit us at www.vikingfire.ca.
We are presently looking for an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT for our Burnaby, BC office.
Reporting to the Fire Alarm Coordinator, your main responsibility will be to look after all administrative internal processes related to the fire alarm department. Among other things, your responsibilities will be:
- Open new customers files and create them in the computer system;
- Enter data into the computer system (projects, timesheets, etc.);
- Answer calls from clients;
- Create, monitor and revise Fire Alarm Technician schedule;
- Provide information on inspections;
- Follow-up on documents to provide to customers;
- Follow-up on orders;
- Keep records and filing up to date;
- Complete billing reports and send work orders;
- Proceed to any other tasks in support of the department.
- Vocational diploma in secretarial studies OR High School diploma with equivalent relevant experience;
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience;
- Good knowledge in accounting;
- Strong computer skills and very good knowledge of Windows software;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & customer service skills;
- Experience in the construction field (an asset);
- Can work under minimum supervision;
- Autonomy and strong sense of work organization.
Apply today by visiting our Website at www.vikingfire.ca or submit your resume to Caroline Gobeil by e-mail.