Our Edmonton branch is seeking a professional, out-going and experienced multi-line switchboard operator with receptionist experience. You will greet customers and visitors entering the building, recording their time of arrival and departure, and the purpose of their visit. You will operate a multiline switchboard with precision, handling incoming and outgoing phone calls. You will performs full telephone information services and some general office duties, such as data entry and mail.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Bright and professional individual with exceptional communication skills;
- Proven experience with a multi-line switchboard, a desktop, and strong typing and data entry abilities;
- Sorts mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, invoices, bills, cheques, etc.
- Stamps date and time of receipt on all incoming mail and couriers;
- Maintains and balances records, establishes and maintains filing systems, including handling of confidential or sensitive files and/or information;
- Arranges courier including small packages to various locations;
- May perform related clerical and administrative functions such as updating the phone directory, data entry, records on courier expenses and postage expense;
- Handles special projects/actions and initiatives as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Experienced multi-line switchboard experience a must.
- Previous experience working with SAP would be considered a definite asset;
- Grade 12 Education.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Offers a professional and positive attitude;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work with little supervision;
- This individual will need to have a keen ability to follow instructions;
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Indeed - 16 months ago