Operations Support Supervisor
Victorinox Swiss Army – Halton Hills, ON
The main responsibilities of the role include daily store operational support with shipping/receiving as well as visual directives and execution. This role will also lead the repair service in each store from a tracking perspective but also must be a liaison between the customer and repair facility. Individual will be responsible for contributing to a strong brand and selling culture. Achieve store’s sales goals by providing exceptional customer service at all times. Other duties of this role is to assist in the day to day in store operations by opening and closing the store as needed in the absence of the Store Manager, Sales manager or Assistant Manager.
The Operations Support Supervisor is an essential member of the stores organization that partners with the Store Management team. This position requires an exceptional professional who enjoys being part of a fast-paced, and exciting organization. We value individual contributions in a team setting, backed by a progressive set of support tools and training. This position is an environment that encourages constant growth and skill improvement.
Reports to: Store Manager
Works closely with: Management team
Operations / Visual
- Processing incoming and outgoing paperwork for store to store transfers
- Open or close store as needed in the absence of Store or Sales Manager by following the Store procedures
- Manage all documentation for inter store transfers.
- Partner on quality control issues
- Partner with local teams to define realistic timelines and owners of each area regarding merchandise transfers
- Ensure standards for merchandise and store care are maintained regularly
- Upholding, Supporting, and maintaining company safety standards at all times.
- Replenish merchandise as stock sells down.
- Support the Retail Management team with visual store merchandising
- Communicate supply stock levels and product quality issues to management as necessary.
- Administer fitting room procedures.
- Perform operational duties as directed by management.
- Follow all company loss prevention procedures.
- Utilize maintenance checklists regularly to ensure consistency of the store’s cleanliness.
- Back up for stock responsibility when necessary.
- Work with Merchandising Manager to create dynamic, engaging displays
- Track sales of displayed products to help ensure the best product is highlighted
- Act as a contact for all partners of retail operation
- Assist the entire staff as needed with any operational needs.
- Provide all customers with exceptional service that is in accordance with company standard
- Engaged in the brand, sales goal oriented motivated to sell and productive at all times.
- Ensure that all members of the store team are engaged in the brand, sales goal oriented, motivated to sell, and productive at all times.
- Assist Manager in ensuring that associates are trained in all aspects of their job responsibilities including customer service, company history & culture, product knowledge, brand selling techniques and basic daily store operations.
- Work with the Store Manager to develop an action plan to correct negative employee behaviors and establish timelines for individuals to achieve their goals.
- Ensure that sales associates are developing and maintaining long-term clients through the effective use of customer service and clienteling.
- Identify and train employees for development and growth within the store team.
Job Requirements & Desired Skills/Experience:
- High School Diploma and some Retail experience
- The candidate must possess a professional proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience working independently, pro-actively completing project activities, communicating with subject-matter experts, and making recommendations for improvements in store operations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal Proven ability to collaborate and influence
- Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities
- Must be able to learn quickly and to engage in a number of detailed tasks at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within team environment
- Strong attention to detail, Upbeat, creative and dynamic person
- Ability to work towards set sales goals on a weekly basis individually and as a team.
- Maintain regular communication with customers to establish and build relationships
- Must have strong flexibility in regard to the duties assigned and problem solving skills, be able to work independently
- Understanding of financial reports and the ability to use them to create change and process improvements.
- Ability to lift boxes, manipulate a hand truck, able to move heavy objects easily. This includes: lifting up to 50lbs, sitting, and standing, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling with possibly no elevator access.
Victorinox Swiss Army, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.