Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Worst Company Ever to work for - STAY AWAY
CSA (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS9 October 2017
Horrible co-workers, management ineffective and out of touch. Bullying tolerated. Backstabbing happening constantly.
A collection of dysfunctional, egotistical sociopaths.

The worst part of the job was having to be there. there really is not anything positive to say about it.
Pros
Cons
Everything about it.
Great company
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgetown, NS12 April 2017
Best company that I have worked for. Management is respectful of employees needs and concerns and place a high value on staffs safety. It is always a pleasure to help clients stay in their own homes for as long as possible.
Excellent Company to work for
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2017
Learned about how to provide an excellent Community care and therapeutic care to the clients and their families.

Management is great team players.

Workplace is very friendly and helpful.

Negative side is don't pay well to the new nurses and lots of deductions from the pay. Not enough hours. Sometimes zero hours for days.

Positive side is working in team and not too many clients. you can provide individual
care to the clients and their families.
Flexible job/must make many decisions alone a lot
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 October 2016
This Job was one with flexible hrs however workers that stay the longest yrs are the ones confortable and confident in making decisions on their own. In this job there can be a high turnover of staff that are not critical thinkers at the point of care and are easily discouraged from this community job bc of what feels like at times a lack of support.
Good comeradery, Easy going, very supportive staff
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON3 March 2016
Enjoyed working at VON, I looked forward to the time I spent with my co workers every day. The job was interesting, and fulfilling and I felt that whether working with client's in their homes, or on the phone, or with the other staff in the office, I was doing a good job.The hardest part of the job was waiting for information from another department to finish what I was working on. Most enjoyable part of the day was the time spent with other staff talking and joking around, the people in the office are great.
Pros
Pot lucks
Cons
Stress dealing with short staff
Working At VON :
Home Care Worker/ Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2016
I started work with VON In March 2013, working as a Home Helper. My experiece with them good, My hours were random but not bad, my clients, wonderful people the communication betwwen office and the clients and workers was starting to slip, all and all I enjoyed my job at VON except It was only Part time and no benefits. On one of my days off I heard of a job fair so took in resume , long story short I got the job. I had to resign shorter than the two week period but I left with respect and a nice letter. When things did not work out with the other job , I asked to come back to my postion at VON and they welcomed me back with open arms.
Pros
working with elderly / helping out people
Cons
poor communication with office, client and home helper./ wage