Victoria Manor Employee Reviews

Anti-Oppressive work atmosphere with room to grow
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2018
I've worked with Victoria Manor long enough to see the amount of care, dedication and acceptance this company brings above all other places in which I've been employed.

A typical day at work:
I am a midnight health care aid at Victoria Manor, I am responsible for laundry, nightly changes, logging, and emotional support for the residents on site. My job is rewarding, fulfilling.

What you learned:
The most important thing I learned at Victoria Manor is stress management, and de-escalation with passionate people. I grow daily from the experiences I have at Victoria Manor.

Management:
The ED at Victoria Manor is by far one of the best people to work under, they run off an Anti-Oppressive framework that is not only accommodating to every individual but is consistently mindful, fair, and open with their employees. I hope one day to emulate this leadership.

Workplace Culture:
Victoria Manor employees come from many walks of life, cultures, and beliefs. It is truly an amazing place to work.

The hardest part of the Job:
It is difficult meeting the quota of tasks provided in an 8 hour span.
Residents are high needs and require a lot of attention, making progress in personal work difficult to manage.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Working with the staff
and working under our management
I truly love Victoria Manor!
Pros
Free lunches, Fantastic meetings, you are respected, Room for growth
Cons
Unknown variables
Co-op at Victoria Manor
(Maintenance) - Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON3 January 2018
The co-op was an amazing experience, you learn many skills from all staff no matter what department you're in and get involved with many different things each day with the great residents.
Pros
Kind staff
Cons
It was a co-op
Demanding, stressful, rewarding, fun
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lindsay Ontario3 December 2013
Typical days included overseeing the entire operation of this ltc home as the administrator for a contract company. I learned good time management skills, legislation rt to industry, municipal politics, always cover your tracks, extremely good organizational skills. Management requires ongoing mentoring, team building, coaching, learning etc. My co-workers were my most important resource and therefore everything I did was an investment into them. Hardest part of the job was meeting strick legislated standards through the MOHLC, MOL etc with limited resources, funding, manpower etc. Most enjoyable aspect was seeing our residents quality of life improve, increased resident family satisfaction through surveys. Staff satisfaction surveys also showed remarkable improvement as well.
Pros
Life-long learning, resident and staff satisfaction etc
Cons
Meeting legislated standards with limited resources.
the Residents where great
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario3 May 2013
It was a nice place to work but didn't pay nearly as much as they should have
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
under paid
Challenging to work with elderly
Retirement Nurse/Attendant - part time (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 August 2012
Enjoyed working with the elderly even though they have a negative attitude about you once in a while, learned how to understand the feeling of getting older with sickness, helped them especially when they have the time so helpless especially those no families at all. The hard part of the job is to let them understand about the medicines I gaive them what is it for and how to take them because some resdents asked for more than what is suppose to be and get mad if you dont give them and you dont want to give them more than the dosage prescribed by the physician
Pros
the chance to work with elderly
Cons
some uncooperative residents, some are being descriminate

Want to know more about Victoria Manor?

Ask a question