Victoria Hospital Employee Reviews

Friendly, encouraging environment
Principal sterile room pharmacist (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 July 2017
I very much enjoyed the time during which I worked at Victoria Hospital. I found their job environment to be educational and allowed me to expand my abilities while there.
Relaxing and rewarding volunteer opportunity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 May 2017
The job itself is very easy and only takes 2 hours every week but it is very rewarding. seeing the patients every week and making small talk is very nice. The manager is one of the nicest person I know always wiling to go the extra mile. All volunteers are very nice.
have worked all floors at this hospital for the past 15 yrs
LPN (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK8 May 2017
Preferred the night shifts on medical palliative floor. Enjoy the work environment overall. Team work for the most part is a smooth effort and the staff are great.
Pros
environment allows for ease of patient care
Cons
work load not addressed at times
knowledge and comfort in many different units beneficial
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2017
Obstetrics
working with moms both antenatal and postpartum. Vital signs and monitoring of any changes to their situation. Teaching of baby care and ensuring comfort with baby handling. Ensuring all information required is given to mom. Working in the over night nursery feeding and changing infant or taking them to mothers for breastfeeding. Establishing proper latching and comfort for both.
We worked as a team and completing tasks required together or independently to ensure work was completed.
I loved working with the patients and putting them at ease, knowing that they would be going home with good knowledge base.
The hardest part was the 12 hour shifts at night.
Pros
Great team of nurses and support
productive and enjoyable atmosphere
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 August 2016
working here is great and I wish I wasn't ending now but it was great to learn new things and meet new people. I have become good friends with some staff
Pros
team is great
Cons
need more funding
Victoria Hospital
Ultrasound student (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 February 2016
Learn excellent skills dealing with a wide variety of patients. Learn valuable skills in performing high risk scans in every field.
Excellent team work and management skills.
Excellent patient care skills.
Enjoyable and challenging job
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2016
Working as an RN in the NICU allows me to use comprehensive nursing knowledge and hands on skills, and to also touch on the human side of nursing while helping families through their often difficult experience. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching infants born prematurely as they journey through weeks, and often months in the NICU, finally reaching the day they get to go home. It is the ultimate balance between highly advanced technology, and human compassion and caring.
It's a fun place to work.
Switch Board Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 January 2016
A typical day while working switchboard at Victoria Hospital would consist of signing into our phones and going into the cue. When a call comes through to help the person out on the other end whether it be to transfer them or to looks something up. I would set up pagers for the doctors and the residents as well. On a daily basis I learn new things as when you answer the calls they are always so different from the next. The management in this department are excellent people and great to work with. The co-workers are very professional and are willing to help out. The hardest part of the job would be learning all the lines and codes as they change often. The most enjoyable part is helping people out and directing them in the right directions.
Poor management
Enterostomal Therapist (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK7 August 2015
All the years working at the hospital I never had a good manager who would stick up for you unless you were friends outside of the hospital.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Inclusive and supportive atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Acute Adult Medicine30 March 2015
LHSC is a wonderful environment to work, learn and grow as a Registered Nurse. The focus is on treating the patient as a whole person, and with patient and family centered care.
Learned about municipal waste as an alternate fuel source.
Shift Engineer, Second Class (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2014
Enjoyed working here.
Management was instrumental in furthering my career.
The Principal General Hospital in Mauritius
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Candos Quatre Bornes4 April 2013
Co-workers were dynamic and team work was smooth and easy to response to clients needs and queries
Pros
free seminars and medical new techniques
Cons
long working sechedule