Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Great Brand....Store Manager Ruins the Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe Claire, Quebec4 April 2015
Typical day is seriving custmers, replacing stock and sell...sell...sell!
When the store opened it was great but the store manager sarted to show her true colors of showing favorites, showing her lack of competence and her genral lack of concern for her staff including th other managers. Some employees do not get shifts and it is always the same paople closing. We always have to stay at least 2 hours after closing to ut things back in place while the manager sits in the back and does not help.
Pros
The discounts and the brand
Cons
The store Manager and the general working conditions
Wonderful people to work with and great positive environment
Cash (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2013
During the week is not very busy, thursday to sunday is super busy and yet you don't really feel any stress that's how good working at Victoria's Secret is. Fast paced environment with support from management in many different ways. Management is very comprehensive, friendly and caring for the well being of all of their employees. Customers are always happy and excited about the brand and products. Everything is great... except for the pay.
Pros
great environment, great people, fast paced
Cons
not enough pay
Very fun, enthusiastic, busy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2015
Each shift began with a one minute meeting, showing everyone the new promos and sales pitches and a coaching method which told us how we were going to reach and go above our sales goals that day. Usually I would be on the sales floor approaching every customer with a smile and promos. I would share product knowledge with anyone that needed it. Occasionally when it needed to be done and I wasn't busy helping anyone I would recover shelves and make sure everything looked nice and presentable.
Pros
Everyone was always very reliable, and the discount was very useful.
Cons
The job was seasonal.
Good place to start working, but not for long term
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2014
The people who work at this location are good people but there is a very high turn over rate with both associates and management staff. The best part about working here is the friendships that you make with the people you work with.
One of the hardest parts is it is VERY hard to advance within the company and you are rarely rewarded for hard work and the company does not recognize the commitment that some employees have made to the company.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor pay
Fun workplace and happy staff
Lead Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB5 March 2014
I receive the shipment orders and I process the products. Sorting them, putting censors on them and bringing them to the floor to be sold. I lead a team to do this systematically and efficiently. I worked for about 3 months before I was promoted to Lead for the season. I love working with all the girls, everyone is always happy and we all support each other. The hardest part about this job is that I cannot rely on them to give me hours. Quite often my hours get cut and then I do not receive a full paycheck. As much as I can pick up other shifts from other staff I am still unable to even make 40 hours a week. The most enjoyable part about my job would be the atmosphere. I've made lots of new friends, I had just moved to Calgary on my own and everyone made me feel very accepted.
Pros
Getting discounts and free gratis
Cons
Not enough hours
Retail experience
Generalist Cash Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 September 2015
Maintaining cash and doing all duties as a cashier/generalist. Helping customers in beauty and bra salon. As well picking up calls for managers.
Pros
Great working team on the floor
Cons
Call ins
productive, great work environment
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 June 2015
fast paced, customer service oriented. coworkers were most helpful as they had much product knowledge. the hardest part of the job was scheduling your day around a call-in shift that would most likely not be activated yet you were instructed that you had to keep that time free for the slim chance that it would be activated.
Pros
knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
call in shifts
Neat experience, wouldn't do it again
Victoria Secret Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2015
A typical day is stressful and long. I've learned how to deal with difficult customers. Management was nice yet noticeably stressed. Co-workers are nice. Hardest part of the job is the amount of pressure they apply on the SPH.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
long, stressful, busy, messy, repetitive music, difficult clients, tedious work
busy and fun workplace
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 September 2015
seasonal position with lots of hours worked.
had lots of customer interaction and cashier experience.
This job was from November 2013 to January 2014 for the busy Christmas season.
Everyday is different, nothing is ever boring.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2014
As a product manager, it is my responsibility to make sure the sales floor looks full and abundant. To hold my stock associate accountable to their daily task and to consistently coach them. I also have to be on the sales floor with a certain amount of sales goal weekly that i have to achieve. Being on the sales floor also helps me gain knowledge what is moving quickly with my products and what needs to change due to lack of sale. My brightest time of the day is making my staff laugh! We can still work and and play hard at the same time. Not forgetting to laugh once and awhile.
It was fun and exciting to work with the merchandise we loved
Lead Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton19 January 2015
It was a great place to work and learn. A lot of training for sales and customer service. I used to put to practice everyday marketing, managing girls to keep people for longer, solving problems quickly, adjusting to the market, fixing tills, re-arranging the floor, always training girls to make sure they could be used in different areas of the store.
It was always fun, selling stuff that I liked was the best part of the job.
The hardest part was that I didn't make enough to stay there longer and I had to move on.
Fun work place
o Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2015
Its a fun place to work and be as long as you make it fun. The hardest part is having to deal with customers who are not satisfied. I have learned a lot of different working curves within the company.
Pros
Gratices
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Fun workplace, great staff.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Polo Park Shopping Center, Winnipeg, MB21 March 2013
A typical day at work would be checking for stock. Put away any new shipment and organizing everything by size, color, and collection. The managers are all wonderful and really look out for you and for you to do your best. The hardest part of the job is working til 12am on certain days and you have to be available to work til 12am at least 3 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting out onto the floor, helping the customer with whatever they need. Seeing that customer purchase the items you personally helped them with.
Pros
the employee discount on their lovely feminine product.
Cons
working til 12am on a sunday or getting one shift a week.
Fast paced and friendly work place.
Sales support staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2014
A typical day involves shipment processing and pushing the product onto the floor. Many early mornings that require you being ready to go at 6am. The management was very encouraging and would always be around to answer questions. Involves team work as well as being able to drop what you are doing to put the customer first. It has an enjoyable staff team.
Pros
People
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun retail job, great perks, and team atmosphere
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 March 2015
As a bra specialist, you work in the fitting room, one-on-one with customers. Great way to meet new customers and get to know them!
Pros
GRATIS OUTFITS
Cons
Hours of work, work life balance
Great store opening experience
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 June 2014
Everyday was great you knew exactly what to do when you came in for the evening shifts many times there are no managers in the stock from so it was up to you and the other back room associates to get individual jobs done. It wasn't high pressure and the brand team leaders (in the other sections ) knew they could count on us for getting our tasks done. Hardest part of that job was there were so many "managers" that it could have been confusing on the main manager. They didn't always have a grasp of who everyone was even on first name bases.
Pros
laid back
Cons
managers are distant
Productive working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2015
Working a typical day is mostly customer services, helping customers look for what they want and need. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people (customers) everyday. The workplace have a great diversity of workers, a lot of culture in one place.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and discounts
Cons
Stressful environment
Face Paced
Sales Support, helped customers (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall9 May 2014
It's really fun! Asides from the LOOOONG lines and hours, it's fun and you feel fabulous just working there.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours of Standing
Very cool place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2015
It was an awesome experience. It is very fast paced for the position I had held. The company has a unique story and I liked the fact that you basically worked how you saw fit.
Fun environment with people who make you feel like family
Lingerie Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 May 2015
Great people to work with and for. Very encouraging when set to meet a goal, given all the resources and support you need.

- work closely with customers to ensure they get what they need

- I learned the proper technique when sizing a woman and how their garments should fit to provide them with optimal comfort