Victoria's Secret
1,707 reviews

Victoria's Secret Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A decent place for college kids
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), NJJune 26, 2014
Victoria's Secret is not a bad place to work if you are just doing it part time. If you plan on making a career of it you will have long and inconsistent hours. You will deal with a lot of daily stress and frustration. The pay is decent for a person living by themselves. IT IS NOT ENOUGH TO REALLY SUPPORT A FAMILY OR EVEN HAVE A LIFE WITH THAT FAMILY.
Who doesn't love Victorias secret?
Sales Support Manager/ Bra Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 26, 2014
Victorias secret is a great company to work for. It was a fun atmosphere with great employees to work along side with. The greatest benefits about working here was the discount and occasional free stuff the company would give out.
Ok place
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Kettering, OHJune 25, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks, job and life balance
I most enjoyed with this company was meeting and connecting with new people everyday, also my co- workers were nice. The face pace was nice at times too.
Retail Experience
Staffing and Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Paramus NJJune 25, 2014
A perfect introduction into the workforce for a college graduate.
Very Productive an amazing environment
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours when holidays pass
Replenishing the floor and organizing the back room as well as the floor. I learned how to have fun at my workplace how having a full set of tasks is the best way that I work. Management was overall good. The hardest part was not being able to work enough hours to stay with them. Everyday was something new and being able to work with the visual team – more... was the most fun. – less
Fast paced environment
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 25, 2014
Worked on the cash register, folded clothes, maintained neat tables to make the clothes visible to customers, and assisted customers with any questions.
Great company to work for, but management is NOT the best
Bra Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and awesome incentives
Cons: short breaks, no work/life balance, low pay for labor, rude managers...
There are many responsibilities that lie in the hands of the bra specialist. Some are easy tasks, others, more challenging and time consuming. Though the title and job was great, the balance between work and life was awful. Have being a "part-time" associate, but having to work 35+ hour was rough. Not that I wouldn't mind having the title and working – more... full-time, I would just like to have the benefits and pay that all other full-time employees rightfully received.

You learn plenty working for this company; great customer service skills, different products, how to use new equipment (new register system, how to check people out on iPad/iPod), different selling techniques... etc.

Management was a struggle, seeing every month a new manager arrived or left. Very stressful due to the lack of positions filled. Gave hope for advancement in the company, never followed through. Never advanced people they already had in the store, rather brought people from different places to fill positions. Scheduling could have been better. Plenty of "teachers pets" and much sucking up is needed to get ahead with the company. Certain managers are very rude and do not care for their employees. You'll get an ear full of "I appreciate you" but never sincere. Out of the 2-3 years I've worked with this particular store I've only actually be appreciated twice. Both from the same person. Both within a 3 month span. Which tells you much about the other managers.

The Co-workers were the very heart and soul of the company. Honestly, I would rather call it family. If it weren't for these folks I probably would've left a long time ago. The best group of gals/guys you could ask for. So loving and actually genuinely care for you. You will make serious friendships at this company.

Overall its not a bad gig if you are just starting college or just graduating high school. However, if you want something a little more serious then I would say this company wouldn't be the best fit for you.

Hopes this helps! – less
Love working here!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2014
Pros: 30% discount on reg price items, breaks, lunches, commission
Cons: short shifts, almost no hours
I enjoy having a light duty job. Interacting with customers. During Semi Annnual sale it does get a bit hectic but it makes time go by fast. Up beat environment, co workers working together and very friendly. Management is organized.
Fun, but not fullfilling
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHJune 24, 2014
Pros: easy job, great products
Cons: not challenging
I enjoyed working at Victoria Secrets but I only received minimum wage. I also felt as if anyone could work for this company, it was not challenging at all. I enjoyed all the girls I worked for and with, and I definitely loved the products that they carried.
Decent
Product Manager (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYJune 23, 2014
Pros: free and discounted merchandise, the associates that i manage are great
Cons: hard to have a social life or relax for a day, stressful environment
A typical day at work is generally pretty stressful. The company is very well known and a very popular brand so it is always busy. There is always something to do. Changing marketing, executing floor sets, customer service, analyzing business results hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly. You must stay on top of payroll, training, back – more... room functions etc... Like I said there is always something to do and if your not organized and on top of things than it can be difficult to get everything that the company expects done. Time management and multi-tasking is huge. You have to find time do things that the company does not give you payroll to do.
If I am going to be 100% honest it is an incredibly stressful place to work. To be fair I have learned a lot from working there and for that I am ever grateful. However being a manager there is like I said incredibly stressful and for the amount of work you perform on a daily basis I honestly do not believe that I am being compensated nearly as much as I should be. It is almost impossible to have a social life. There are times when I am on for 7-8 days straight, I will have 1 or 2 days off and even on those days off I am required to take a conference call and/or come in for a meeting-this makes it hard for me to relax or wind down from my job. It's really not a great balance. It feels like you can never get a break or catch a break for that matter. I love all of my associates, they really make it worthwhile working there. – less
Very busy store with a lot of traffic
Sales specialist (Current Employee), new york, nyJune 23, 2014
Pros: opportunity for growth
Cons: late closing shifts
For the ones that want a career in sales, there is a lot to learn and plenty of opportunities for growth. Culture of the brand is great and the challenges are minor. I have learned a lot about sales and how to manage a high volume store.
Poor work/life balance
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), Maumee, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: product knowledge of brand
Cons: work hours, pay
I have worked for Victoria's Secret at a few different locations through out my college years. I thought it was alright for a part time job while in school. I enjoyed working in the stock room versus being a sales associate on the floor. However, I felt as though there were not enough hours given.
Friendly People
Sales Support (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 23, 2014
Everyone was really nice, but me being a male most of my shifts were 4am and that was tough.
Great Supervisor/ great teamwork
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kettering, OHJune 22, 2014
Pros: games and contest
Cons: schedule hours
I have a excellent manager. She is very straight forward I know what she expects from me and there are no surprises. I also have learned more about team work and how important it is to work together.
Fun place.
Sales (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJune 21, 2014
Cons: no health care, only part time work, they don't hire from with in.
Victoria Secrets is a productive and fun workplace to be you work with different employees everyday. Have different customer to sale to every day
friendly work environment
sales associate (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2014
We are team oriented, and the management cares personally about its staff.
Good Place to work
Customer Service, Sales (Current Employee), Chino Hills, CAJune 20, 2014
I love my job and the people I work with. I am part of the replenishment and processing team.
Fun, exciting workplace
Back Stocker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 18, 2014
I loved walking in and having everyone greeting me, it was fun working in the back making sure everything was being handled correctly. the management team was awesome, they always had new challenges for us. The hardest part of the job was organizing the different styles of panties and bras that we had. the most enjoyable was the atmosphere, there was – more... always something to look forward too. Everyone was always smiling, and happy. – less
Fun Enviroment
Stockperson (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2014
Pros: working inside a mall
*Basically Just Bringing Out New Clothes To The Floor Organizing The Back

*How To Organize And Speak To People

*Was Great

*Great People

*Working Overnight

*Working In A Mall And Interacting With People
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 16, 2014
Part time job with low pay and benefits. Part time job with low pay and benefits.

About Victoria's Secret

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll – Read more

Victoria's Secret Photos