Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Great company values but poor management
Operations and Staffing (Current Employee) –  Toronto21 April 2015
I loved the values this company trains their employees on. However if upper level management is not "by the book" it creates a a negative experience. Several rules were not followed which created conflict and confusion for elevated associates as well as sales associates.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance, management
Great environment, Lots of fun and amazing employee gratis
Cash rep sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 April 2015
Victoria is a great company with lots of great opportunities.
At the start of every shift your 'warmed' up by a manger who goes through all the saes and deals and what's happening in the store that day. Management was great overall but I feel that they don't take care of their employees. Training is very short and I found with my store manager she was very passive aggressive and rude towards the employees if they didn't make her money. The hardest part of the job is getting sales. You need to be efficient and able to multitask and communicate with multiple customers and deliver the best customer service experience in order to make a sale and create customers for life. The best part of the job was the employee gratis. Every month employees were able to get a free item or a discount on merchandise.
Pros
Pot lock lunches, great disounts, amazing oppertunities
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2015
It's retail.
Management was really all over the place. Store manager was great but shift leads were terrible. Picking favorites and not letting people use the washroom or get a drink.
Working at Victoria's Secret
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2015
Challenging, fast-paced, sales-oriented, accommodating managers, one 15-minute break for 5 hour shifts, learned how to appeal to customers from all walks of life, co-workers were very supportive, tired feet but enjoyed speaking to different people
Great Brand....Store Manager Ruins the Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe Claire, Quebec4 April 2015
Typical day is seriving custmers, replacing stock and sell...sell...sell!
When the store opened it was great but the store manager sarted to show her true colors of showing favorites, showing her lack of competence and her genral lack of concern for her staff including th other managers. Some employees do not get shifts and it is always the same paople closing. We always have to stay at least 2 hours after closing to ut things back in place while the manager sits in the back and does not help.
Pros
The discounts and the brand
Cons
The store Manager and the general working conditions
Work Day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale30 March 2015
My shifts consist of evenings, where I assist customers with questions. I am part of the cash team, so I do basic duties of a cashier. I also maintain cleanliness. I answer phone calls and attend to customers on the phone lines.
Fast paced and a lot to learn
Associate/Stock associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 March 2015
Other people will have a different view of the job, but it is just not for me. I currently do not feel like I fit in with this environment, nor do I feel like the management even likes me and it is ruining my entire experience with my job.

You have to have knowledge about the company, the products in which you have to work with. If you're on the floor, you have to keep everything organised as well as greet every customer. Make sure you match every customer with what they need. I mostly worked in the back and there is always LOTS of work. It wouldn't be so bad if some of my coworkers were knowledgeable as well, it's hard to find products if they don't know what they're describing for a backstock check.

Management is pretty good except for when it comes to me. I personally feel attacked pretty much every day and it ruins my perception of what it would be like if I was an outsider.

The hardest part of my job is honestly dealing with people constantly telling me what I'm doing isn't good enough. Ha.

And the best part would be the benefits for sure.
work
Pink, Sales Associate and Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  markvill mall22 March 2015
show up to work on time get the beauty belt and head set ready
hit the sales floor
then immediately we are reminded about how much we need to sell per hour
which has now been pushed so much customers think we are commission
its lead to sales associates saying their name way too much and bombarding customers that have been already assisted by other associates

hardest part of the job is the selling culture
im great at multi tasking so i am able to keep my zone fully organized ie; ROYGBVd drawers panties in order and table tops stocked
while helping customers and preventing any unwanted angels from shop lifting
but the selling culture of name exchange can be awkward
and leads to loss of sales or stress of sales

i love the store environment
i love my managers
Pros
love the product and store
Cons
selling culture
Everyone was quite nice to me. Everyone who worked there always encouraged each other to better themselves.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia20 March 2015
Like most days in sales, you serve the customer as best as you can. Some days suck, maybe because you don't feel well or that just some customers literally are too much to handle. This was my first job in sales and all in all it was not bad. I got to learn how the sales industry works.

Managers were fine, but they are your boss so it's much more relaxed around your co-workers.

Hardest part was learning quickly so I can live up to the VS standards.

Overall, it was a nice experience, but if I every want to work sales again I think I want to go in my comfort zone of sporting goods.
Pros
Benefits, every month there is an item that is either free or very cheap for the employees, and after three months of work you get a long list of items that you can have.
Cons
I mean it's sales, it's not everyones cup of tea.
Fun retail job, great perks, and team atmosphere
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 March 2015
As a bra specialist, you work in the fitting room, one-on-one with customers. Great way to meet new customers and get to know them!
Pros
GRATIS OUTFITS
Cons
Hours of work, work life balance
Productive working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 March 2015
Working a typical day is mostly customer services, helping customers look for what they want and need. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people (customers) everyday. The workplace have a great diversity of workers, a lot of culture in one place.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and discounts
Cons
Stressful environment
Fun and friendly working environment
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2015
Victoria Secret is a great place to work. They offer flexible shifts and have a fun and friendly working environment. I learned a lot about the value of paying close attention to detail.
An Amazingplace to work
Beauty Area Category Manager Full-time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2015
An amazing company to work for, I recommend the company to everyone. Great management, and an amazing discount. Love vs and all my lovely LADIES!!
Fun work place
o Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2015
Its a fun place to work and be as long as you make it fun. The hardest part is having to deal with customers who are not satisfied. I have learned a lot of different working curves within the company.
Pros
Gratices
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Neat experience, wouldn't do it again
Victoria Secret Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2015
A typical day is stressful and long. I've learned how to deal with difficult customers. Management was nice yet noticeably stressed. Co-workers are nice. Hardest part of the job is the amount of pressure they apply on the SPH.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
long, stressful, busy, messy, repetitive music, difficult clients, tedious work
Motivating and early hours
Cash Wrap Lead (Current Employee) –  Surrey, B.C25 February 2015
The environment at Victoria Secret is very enjoyable because our team gets along very well. We've all bonded over time and it has become somewhat of a second family. Some days we start as early as 5am for floor sets and go as late as 1am.
Management has been a struggle for the past couple months, as turnover is quite high in retail.
The most enjoyable part about my job is seeing the new collections pre hand and being able to try everything on and giving customers my personal testimony.
Very fun, enthusiastic, busy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2015
Each shift began with a one minute meeting, showing everyone the new promos and sales pitches and a coaching method which told us how we were going to reach and go above our sales goals that day. Usually I would be on the sales floor approaching every customer with a smile and promos. I would share product knowledge with anyone that needed it. Occasionally when it needed to be done and I wasn't busy helping anyone I would recover shelves and make sure everything looked nice and presentable.
Pros
Everyone was always very reliable, and the discount was very useful.
Cons
The job was seasonal.
Organized company, with effective management guidelines to attract top talent
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 February 2015
A typical day in this role, and in this company, requires you to wear many different hats. I spend most of my scheduled time on the salesfloor, overseeing daily activities and ensuring maximum productivity from all team members. I take ownership of assigned categories and their metrics, creating and executing compelling visual merchandising strategies and leading effective salesfloor behaviors to drive optimum store results. I am responsible for merchandise flow, and execute floor moves as needed. The hardest part of my job is working within and managing a large, and diverse team, but it is also one of the most rewarding aspects of the role. The company overall is highly invested in their employees, with frequent workshops dedicated to management team members to further enhance their skills. There is clear succession planning, and frequent opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Company demonstrates investment in their employees, frequent training and management education workshops, competitive salary, positive work environment
Cons
Company communication
great company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  AB17 February 2015
great values, great tools, focus on employee, fantastic product, effective procedures, very good career opportunities and internal growth, honored good work ethics
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2015
Typical day at work: Service customers needs, build relationships, clean the store in between customers, reach sales goal of $250/hour

What I've learned: Finding out the need behind the need (ex: service their needs as to why they initially came into the store, as well with another need they may need it for that they never thought about)

Management: They coach you well on how to achieve your sales goals and how to better connect with your customers so that they leave the store having a memorable experience

Co-workers: very easy to get along with and connect with

Hardest part of the job: During the day on a weekday when business is slower, it's harder to reach your sales goal. Your weekly hours are based on your sales, hence if you don't maintain a SPAH of $250, you'll receive less hours for the following week.

The most enjoyable part of the job: fun/up beat vibes, able to be myself and transpire my personality through my work.