Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

Overall a stressful work environment
associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 20, 2015
I worked at VS four maybe six months and found it very stressful. The sales goals are ridiculous especially when the store is always dead. I also covered shifts in the Pink side and their goals are even more ridiculous since no one shops in there. The breaks are nice, if you work 4 to 5.5 hours you get a 15 minute break, anything over 6 and you always get two 15s and a half hour. The difficult thing is having the MANY managers actually pay attention to peoples break time. I've missed many breaks even after asking because managers can't be bothered to pay attention.
I did learn a lot about selling and can take everything I've learned with me to other retail stores. Also if you make your sales goals for the month you get back a percentage of that money back as an added bonus.
The associates are all lovely and will miss them dearly, they were the best part of my job. Customers were great too when I did get any. Always willing to listen and let me help.
Management was not enjoyable, I understand we have to make goals but there was too much pressure and if you don't achieve goals they put everyone's results up in the back and highlight them to see who is failing.
All in all, it was a good experience to learn about customer service and selling techniques, the hours were great if you want to work they give them to you. The management and selling goals and having to harass customers say your name at least three times so they remember you was not my cup of tea.
Pros
Gratis' fre items, if you work in Pink a free outfit
Cons
Management with the exception of one, selling tactics, high unattainable sales goals
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2015
It's retail.
Management was really all over the place. Store manager was great but shift leads were terrible. Picking favorites and not letting people use the washroom or get a drink.
Fast paced and friendly work place.
Sales support staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2014
A typical day involves shipment processing and pushing the product onto the floor. Many early mornings that require you being ready to go at 6am. The management was very encouraging and would always be around to answer questions. Involves team work as well as being able to drop what you are doing to put the customer first. It has an enjoyable staff team.
Pros
people
Cons
not enough hours
Fun retail job, great perks, and team atmosphere
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 19, 2015
As a bra specialist, you work in the fitting room, one-on-one with customers. Great way to meet new customers and get to know them!
Pros
gratis outfits
Cons
hours of work, work life balance
Very fun, enthusiastic, busy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2015
Each shift began with a one minute meeting, showing everyone the new promos and sales pitches and a coaching method which told us how we were going to reach and go above our sales goals that day. Usually I would be on the sales floor approaching every customer with a smile and promos. I would share product knowledge with anyone that needed it. Occasionally when it needed to be done and I wasn't busy helping anyone I would recover shelves and make sure everything looked nice and presentable.
Pros
everyone was always very reliable, and the discount was very useful.
Cons
the job was seasonal.
Fun environment with people who make you feel like family
Lingerie Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 10, 2015
Great people to work with and for. Very encouraging when set to meet a goal, given all the resources and support you need.

- work closely with customers to ensure they get what they need

- I learned the proper technique when sizing a woman and how their garments should fit to provide them with optimal comfort
Normal Day at VS
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
Go in, get self prepared for day of work. Call my manager and get a summary of what should happen today and my goal for the day. My manager would guide me in where i was station and continue to check on me during the day
great company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  ABFebruary 17, 2015
great values, great tools, focus on employee, fantastic product, effective procedures, very good career opportunities and internal growth, honored good work ethics
Very organized work place and great management
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke,ONJuly 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they need according to their own personal style and also meeting new people along the way.
Fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2015
I love working here , I loved this job this is what I enjoy. Sometimes it becomes competitive to reach sales goals because that's what everyone is working for to reach their sales goals. Co workers are amazing. they are friendly. Its more like a big working family
Good pay and nice team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoy working there completive but fun! Just need to be motivated to sell and have tough skin so you don't get annoyed by the management and sales specialist.
Pros
discounts, gratisis, intensives
Cons
boring, retail, can be unfair
An amazing place to work
Beauty Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2014
-Getting the makeup set up, getting things put out and counters filled like the perfume and mist counters
- I learned about how to apply different types of perfume and different ways to make her happy
- Management is great
- Co-workers are easy to get along with
- no hard part
- Co workers, discounts, great place to work
Convienient retail job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2014
I am a cashier and I have enjoyed my time at Victorias Secret Canada but I am looking for more of a challenge and would love to move on to something different for a job.
I have learned how to deal with customer problems and help solve them as best as I can before needing further help from management
A Fun Environment
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2013
The company poorly managed their resources by hiring too many employees. Many employees lacked hours, due to the surplus of individuals that work for them. Job security seemed to be an issue at the specific location I was employed at. Other than that it was a fantastic experience!
Great team building environment, New Management
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 15, 2015
I didn't work at Victoria's Secret for a long time, however while I was there I learned quite a bit. I wasn't impressed by how the managers treated there staff but I made a lot of great friends through this job!
It was fun and exciting to work with the merchandise we loved
Lead Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJanuary 19, 2015
It was a great place to work and learn. A lot of training for sales and customer service. I used to put to practice everyday marketing, managing girls to keep people for longer, solving problems quickly, adjusting to the market, fixing tills, re-arranging the floor, always training girls to make sure they could be used in different areas of the store.
It was always fun, selling stuff that I liked was the best part of the job.
The hardest part was that I didn't make enough to stay there longer and I had to move on.
Best Place I have ever worked
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 23, 2013
The management team is awesome, very approachable. The staff there are excellent and are always willing to help eachother out. Its like a family and I love it
Pros
approachable management team
Cons
little hours
Everyday is different, nothing is ever boring.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2014
As a product manager, it is my responsibility to make sure the sales floor looks full and abundant. To hold my stock associate accountable to their daily task and to consistently coach them. I also have to be on the sales floor with a certain amount of sales goal weekly that i have to achieve. Being on the sales floor also helps me gain knowledge what is moving quickly with my products and what needs to change due to lack of sale. My brightest time of the day is making my staff laugh! We can still work and and play hard at the same time. Not forgetting to laugh once and awhile.
Amazing Company to work with
Operations and Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto OntarioJanuary 5, 2013
Structure and very organized company.
A typical day at work includes, processing payroll, working on the weekly scheduling. Completing health and safety assessments, ordering products.
Being apart of the management team that is focused and goal driven keeps you grounded.
Fun workplace and happy staff
Lead Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABMarch 5, 2014
I receive the shipment orders and I process the products. Sorting them, putting censors on them and bringing them to the floor to be sold. I lead a team to do this systematically and efficiently. I worked for about 3 months before I was promoted to Lead for the season. I love working with all the girls, everyone is always happy and we all support each other. The hardest part about this job is that I cannot rely on them to give me hours. Quite often my hours get cut and then I do not receive a full paycheck. As much as I can pick up other shifts from other staff I am still unable to even make 40 hours a week. The most enjoyable part about my job would be the atmosphere. I've made lots of new friends, I had just moved to Calgary on my own and everyone made me feel very accepted.
Pros
getting discounts and free gratis
Cons
not enough hours