Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

It was fun and exciting to work with the merchandise we loved
Lead Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJanuary 19, 2015
It was a great place to work and learn. A lot of training for sales and customer service. I used to put to practice everyday marketing, managing girls to keep people for longer, solving problems quickly, adjusting to the market, fixing tills, re-arranging the floor, always training girls to make sure they could be used in different areas of the store.
It was always fun, selling stuff that I liked was the best part of the job.
The hardest part was that I didn't make enough to stay there longer and I had to move on.
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2015
It's retail.
Management was really all over the place. Store manager was great but shift leads were terrible. Picking favorites and not letting people use the washroom or get a drink.
Everyday is different, nothing is ever boring.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2014
As a product manager, it is my responsibility to make sure the sales floor looks full and abundant. To hold my stock associate accountable to their daily task and to consistently coach them. I also have to be on the sales floor with a certain amount of sales goal weekly that i have to achieve. Being on the sales floor also helps me gain knowledge what is moving quickly with my products and what needs to change due to lack of sale. My brightest time of the day is making my staff laugh! We can still work and and play hard at the same time. Not forgetting to laugh once and awhile.
Victorias secret was a good job, I loved the people I worked with.
Cash Lead/ temporary store supervisor (holiday) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2012
A typical day at work would include, depending on opening or closing. Counting the tills and ensuring all of the funds match, or at night ensuring that the bank deposit is completed as it should be. Being promoted for the holidays running the sales floor, scheduling breaks, answering customer complaints.

I learned that communication is key in retail, between management and sales associates, the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. My co-workers are the reason Im currently staying at this location.
An Amazingplace to work
Beauty Area Category Manager Full-time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2015
An amazing company to work for, I recommend the company to everyone. Great management, and an amazing discount. Love vs and all my lovely LADIES!!
great company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  ABFebruary 17, 2015
great values, great tools, focus on employee, fantastic product, effective procedures, very good career opportunities and internal growth, honored good work ethics
Working at Victoria's Secret
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2015
Challenging, fast-paced, sales-oriented, accommodating managers, one 15-minute break for 5 hour shifts, learned how to appeal to customers from all walks of life, co-workers were very supportive, tired feet but enjoyed speaking to different people
Fast paced and friendly work place.
Sales support staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2014
A typical day involves shipment processing and pushing the product onto the floor. Many early mornings that require you being ready to go at 6am. The management was very encouraging and would always be around to answer questions. Involves team work as well as being able to drop what you are doing to put the customer first. It has an enjoyable staff team.
Pros
people
Cons
not enough hours
Wonderful people to work with and great positive environment
Cash (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2013
During the week is not very busy, thursday to sunday is super busy and yet you don't really feel any stress that's how good working at Victoria's Secret is. Fast paced environment with support from management in many different ways. Management is very comprehensive, friendly and caring for the well being of all of their employees. Customers are always happy and excited about the brand and products. Everything is great... except for the pay.
Pros
great environment, great people, fast paced
Cons
not enough pay
Good pay and nice team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoy working there completive but fun! Just need to be motivated to sell and have tough skin so you don't get annoyed by the management and sales specialist.
Pros
discounts, gratisis, intensives
Cons
boring, retail, can be unfair
Good place to start working, but not for long term
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2014
The people who work at this location are good people but there is a very high turn over rate with both associates and management staff. The best part about working here is the friendships that you make with the people you work with.
One of the hardest parts is it is VERY hard to advance within the company and you are rarely rewarded for hard work and the company does not recognize the commitment that some employees have made to the company.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor pay
Fun workplace and happy staff
Lead Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABMarch 5, 2014
I receive the shipment orders and I process the products. Sorting them, putting censors on them and bringing them to the floor to be sold. I lead a team to do this systematically and efficiently. I worked for about 3 months before I was promoted to Lead for the season. I love working with all the girls, everyone is always happy and we all support each other. The hardest part about this job is that I cannot rely on them to give me hours. Quite often my hours get cut and then I do not receive a full paycheck. As much as I can pick up other shifts from other staff I am still unable to even make 40 hours a week. The most enjoyable part about my job would be the atmosphere. I've made lots of new friends, I had just moved to Calgary on my own and everyone made me feel very accepted.
Pros
getting discounts and free gratis
Cons
not enough hours
Great Team no room to move up in company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Victorias Secret is a great company to work for, although i felt there was no room for growth and nothing pushing me to move up in the company.
Pros
great training, and free products
Cons
no room to further my assets within the company
Work Day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  YorkdaleMarch 30, 2015
My shifts consist of evenings, where I assist customers with questions. I am part of the cash team, so I do basic duties of a cashier. I also maintain cleanliness. I answer phone calls and attend to customers on the phone lines.
Fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2015
I love working here , I loved this job this is what I enjoy. Sometimes it becomes competitive to reach sales goals because that's what everyone is working for to reach their sales goals. Co workers are amazing. they are friendly. Its more like a big working family
Great store opening experience
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 24, 2014
Everyday was great you knew exactly what to do when you came in for the evening shifts many times there are no managers in the stock from so it was up to you and the other back room associates to get individual jobs done. It wasn't high pressure and the brand team leaders (in the other sections ) knew they could count on us for getting our tasks done. Hardest part of that job was there were so many "managers" that it could have been confusing on the main manager. They didn't always have a grasp of who everyone was even on first name bases.
Pros
laid back
Cons
managers are distant
Fun workplace, great staff.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Polo Park Shopping Center, Winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2013
A typical day at work would be checking for stock. Put away any new shipment and organizing everything by size, color, and collection. The managers are all wonderful and really look out for you and for you to do your best. The hardest part of the job is working til 12am on certain days and you have to be available to work til 12am at least 3 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting out onto the floor, helping the customer with whatever they need. Seeing that customer purchase the items you personally helped them with.
Pros
the employee discount on their lovely feminine product.
Cons
working til 12am on a sunday or getting one shift a week.
Convienient retail job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2014
I am a cashier and I have enjoyed my time at Victorias Secret Canada but I am looking for more of a challenge and would love to move on to something different for a job.
I have learned how to deal with customer problems and help solve them as best as I can before needing further help from management
Fun and friendly working environment
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Victoria Secret is a great place to work. They offer flexible shifts and have a fun and friendly working environment. I learned a lot about the value of paying close attention to detail.
Customer consultations in fast-paced environment
Consultant/Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Square OneJanuary 1, 2015
inviting and welcoming customers to the store
ensuring customers find the exact item they are looking for
ensuring customers leave with the correct fit
sizing
visual merchandising must be done according to planogram
fast paced sales environment