Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, QCApril 16, 2014
Overall, my experience at Victoria's Secret was really good.
I had a really fun time working there at first but unfortunately, the management is horrible. They don't know what they're doing.
The company used up all their money when the store opened back in December 2013, so now there are over 100 girls working there and I can honestly say that at least 60-70 of them are getting 0 hours weekly. I have not work in a few weeks. I also did not work for the whole month of February. For a student, I really cannot afford that. Other than the fact that I get no hours, I loved my job. I loved having the knowledge of under garments.
Pros
free bras every once in a while
Cons
no hours
Good place to start working, but not for long term
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2014
The people who work at this location are good people but there is a very high turn over rate with both associates and management staff. The best part about working here is the friendships that you make with the people you work with.
One of the hardest parts is it is VERY hard to advance within the company and you are rarely rewarded for hard work and the company does not recognize the commitment that some employees have made to the company.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor pay
fun-loving
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 22, 2014
Victoria's Secret was the best job I have had so far!. It was fun and I did not feel stressed about going into work. Even though you were able to have fun and be yourself the work still got done. If you ever had a problem you just had to go talk to the manager and they would do everything they could to solve it.
Pros
they give you free product so that you can give your customers your personal testimony, everyone that worked there were kind hearted people.
Cons
you only get a week notice for your work schedule.
Fun workplace, great staff.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Polo Park Shopping Center, Winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2013
A typical day at work would be checking for stock. Put away any new shipment and organizing everything by size, color, and collection. The managers are all wonderful and really look out for you and for you to do your best. The hardest part of the job is working til 12am on certain days and you have to be available to work til 12am at least 3 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting out onto the floor, helping the customer with whatever they need. Seeing that customer purchase the items you personally helped them with.
Pros
the employee discount on their lovely feminine product.
Cons
working til 12am on a sunday or getting one shift a week.
Victorias secret was a good job, I loved the people I worked with.
Cash Lead/ temporary store supervisor (holiday) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2012
A typical day at work would include, depending on opening or closing. Counting the tills and ensuring all of the funds match, or at night ensuring that the bank deposit is completed as it should be. Being promoted for the holidays running the sales floor, scheduling breaks, answering customer complaints.

I learned that communication is key in retail, between management and sales associates, the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. My co-workers are the reason Im currently staying at this location.
Wonderful people to work with and great positive environment
Cash (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2013
During the week is not very busy, thursday to sunday is super busy and yet you don't really feel any stress that's how good working at Victoria's Secret is. Fast paced environment with support from management in many different ways. Management is very comprehensive, friendly and caring for the well being of all of their employees. Customers are always happy and excited about the brand and products. Everything is great... except for the pay.
Pros
great environment, great people, fast paced
Cons
not enough pay
Upbeat fun place to work with supportive team environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2013
When I first started at PINK was when the store first opened. Everyone was super friendly and willing to make new friends!
The managers were very supportive and approchable and taught me many things.
The experience working with the general public has helped me integrate into the university life by making me confident about meeting new people and helping people succeed.
Pros
working with people
Cons
schedule issues
Goal driven environment with good training
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2013
I benefitted from the high level of training that the company gives. They ensure that you are given the product knowledge and information to succeed. I hate met lots of great coworkers and appreciate the experiences I have gained through worker at VS. A lot is expected from employees which is good, but still am only making minimum wage.
Pros
nice people
Cons
very early mornings, sometimes made to stay late after shift.
Victoria Secret not so glam
Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work was pretty hectic the store was brand new to Toronto and could be very over whelming with the amount of people that would be in the store at once. I learned to be more aware of my surroundings and to be able to talk to different kinds of people and customers. I also learned to balance work and school at the same time. The management was not great here as the store was brand new and policies and values were not yet clearly defined.They were rude to their employees and were also condescending to staff. There were over 200 employees when I started and they were all very different, some very down to earth others very outspoken, I also learned to handle intense situations with calmness and kindness not to escalate things.
Productive place with new faces to meet everyday
Sales Support & Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 4, 2013
With a stock associate usually shifts start at six in the morning or you have a closing shift. Usually as a team we do a full push of all our shipment that came in that morning and make sure the store is up to standards. For the almost two months I've been there, I've learned the many types of bras for her, and how to reinforce the sale by connecting with her and making sure she is satisfied. Management is a great team, very approachable just like the co-workers I work with.
Hardest part of the job is most likely when the store is really busy and we have to maintain the drawers and stands so that they are neat for customers to shop in. The most enjoyable part of my job is the new people I get to meet everyday, co-workers and customers.
Fun workplace and happy staff
Lead Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary ABMarch 5, 2014
I receive the shipment orders and I process the products. Sorting them, putting censors on them and bringing them to the floor to be sold. I lead a team to do this systematically and efficiently. I worked for about 3 months before I was promoted to Lead for the season. I love working with all the girls, everyone is always happy and we all support each other. The hardest part about this job is that I cannot rely on them to give me hours. Quite often my hours get cut and then I do not receive a full paycheck. As much as I can pick up other shifts from other staff I am still unable to even make 40 hours a week. The most enjoyable part about my job would be the atmosphere. I've made lots of new friends, I had just moved to Calgary on my own and everyone made me feel very accepted.
Pros
getting discounts and free gratis
Cons
not enough hours
the environment of the store is nice and its great to communicate with people, help them, and smile.
Sales Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2013
Working in Victoria Secret its a fun experience for me. Even its a short time. I enjoy tidying up clothes and putting them back whenever it needed to be. I enjoy being with people and helping them. Greetings them saying hello. The experience is great.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
seasonal only
Easy going and accommodating fun workplace
Beauty Consultant and Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, OntarioApril 2, 2013
It is a fantastic job whilst achieving my educational goals. It is easy going but still provides enough responsibility to feel challenged and occupied during a shift. The managers are outgoing, fun and motivating and ultimately I enjoy my experience and time while working at Victoria's Secret.
Great people, bad values.
Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2013
They hire great people and everyone is super nice. You get a great discount and free merchandise every so often. The pay is lower than some other retail jobs. Excellent training but a lot to learn.
Pros
free merchandise, great discount at various retail outlets, great people
Cons
only given one day off at a time, bad coaching, lower pay
Team Based Environment
CASHIER, SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 5, 2015
- Worked as a team to ensure sale quotas were met
- Constant communication through walkie devices
- Learned how to engage and connect with customers to ensure they had a great buying experience
- Great, team based and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 3, 2014
It was my first retail job and I loved it. I was hired when the store first opened in Halifax, everyone was very excited and we had a dynamic work team. The managers are laid back and the company in general motivates their employees alot! If like to have fun with a bunch of girls then you should definitely work here!
Pros
free bra's
Cons
not enough hours
Great Team no room to move up in company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Victorias Secret is a great company to work for, although i felt there was no room for growth and nothing pushing me to move up in the company.
Pros
great training, and free products
Cons
no room to further my assets within the company
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2015
I love working here , I loved this job this is what I enjoy. Sometimes it becomes competitive to reach sales goals because that's what everyone is working for to reach their sales goals. Co workers are amazing. they are friendly. Its more like a big working family
Sales Associate/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2014
I learned about detailed customer assistant and getting customers to feel very comfortable with their bodies and flaws. I created new needs and ideas for customers, expanding their wants. I was knowledgeable in products to give customers a feeling of confidence and satisfaction.
Work Day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  YorkdaleMarch 30, 2015
My shifts consist of evenings, where I assist customers with questions. I am part of the cash team, so I do basic duties of a cashier. I also maintain cleanliness. I answer phone calls and attend to customers on the phone lines.