Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

It was an amazing pay, experience but no advancement
"Full-time Sales Specialist" (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2015
it was good but no room for growth and advancement.
It was amazing getting free products when you're an employee there. Sometimes, it is a "buy-in" where it is priced for cheap for thei employees. The management is awesome.
The only downside of this is it is commissioned. So, often times, the girls fight for sales.
Pros
free products/bras, buy-in for lowered prices for employees, commission is great
Cons
associates fight for sales all the time since it is commissioned.
Great experience for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2015
A typical day would be showing up for you shift, signing in and meeting with the manager to discuss your position on the floor.
Once assigned a room ie room 1, 2 or 3 or being placed in fitting rooms you go to work.
Pros
Fun place to work, if you're a good worker you get raises
Cons
Call-in shifts, co-workers are rude, everyone for themselves
Fast Paced
Sales Specialist and New Hire Mentor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2015
Fun job all-in-all.
Management makes a good point of ensuring that you're coached for performance
They put a lot of time and money into training
Advancement in the company is scarce, most of the management is recruited externally.
The way they choose salary is unexplainable, as many people with little experience will make more than others.
Pros
Team environment, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Salary, Advancement
great job for a student
Associées en vente (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC5 November 2015
was a part time job while i was in school studying for esthetics. learned how to engage with clients, sell products, work in groups.
Fun, fast paced
Temporary Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 November 2015
Fun place to work, with some supportive management.
Recently became a high selling environment, with some unrealistic expectations for new employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up new displays with colleagues and helping customers find comfortable, supportive, and exciting product. The company is always growing and expanding. You're always learning something new every day. There was a lot of variety in what I did every day, from small tasks, to large and sometimes challenging take down and set ups.
Pros
great discount, free merchandise
Cons
long hours, some very difficult management
Fun place to work.
SALES AND SUPPORT GENERALIST (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2015
Fun place to work alongside my colleagues. A lot of support from the team which made it easy to learn & grow. Management needs a lot more improvement. My favourite part of the job was being able to work with such great people & also being able to connect with customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was being able adjust with all the changes the company was going through.
Pros
Very friendly co-workers
Cons
Unstable management team
Victoria secrets
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 October 2015
A typically day at Victoria secret was being on your feet and helping out in customer service. I learnt customer service, ordering, organizing the store and shipment. Staying after hours and getting the store ready for the next morning. The part enjoyable part of my job was organizing and making the store look presentable.
Perfect!
Customer Service, Stock Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2015
Best and most well executed management team, every employee loves their job and truly know how to represent the VS brand. All around very well-manicured and professional.
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  toronto, on5 October 2015
fun place to work, with supportive management
Store does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment
Satisfactory worplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 September 2015
Satisfactory workplace. More communication from management would be an asset. Overall I'm glad for the experience but would not work for Limited Brands again
Retail experience
Generalist Cash Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 September 2015
Maintaining cash and doing all duties as a cashier/generalist. Helping customers in beauty and bra salon. As well picking up calls for managers.
Pros
Great working team on the floor
Cons
Call ins
Great people, frustrating environment.
Bra Fitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2015
I love everything the company stands for. I really enjoy the people who I have had the pleasure of working with for the last 4 years. I have seen a lot of changes in the time I have been with the company. The managers are all amazing people and I admire and look up to al of them. However, there is quite a lot of disconnect from what they preach to how they act. Certain members of the team get 'special' treatment and for those of us who have worked our butts off since our store has opened are fed up with the favoritism. Personally I really didn't see the harm in it, but then it started effecting myself and the stress and work life balance I can maintain. The newer changes and introduction of the incentive program has taken away sufficiently from the customer experience within the store. It has feeded to very greedy and unpersonable people working within the store. These associates bully other associates and do a lot of blaming when they can't get sales. Associates are not genuinely helping people they are just trying to get a number on a screen so they can make a decent amount of money for themselves. They don't care much if the store makes plan or if we as a team make our bra goals, then everyone in the store will get an incentive, they only care about themselves. And the managers don't do anything to change how they act.
Pros
Great co-workers, supportive management, amazing company values, safe and clean environment.
Cons
Bullies, incentive makes everyone greedy, lack of customer service, favoritism of associates, unrealistic worklife expectations.
busy and fun workplace
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 September 2015
seasonal position with lots of hours worked.
had lots of customer interaction and cashier experience.
This job was from November 2013 to January 2014 for the busy Christmas season.
Enjoyable
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 August 2015
Great workplace with amazing coworkers. The management team was very supportive and understanding. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
All of my coworkers were very genuine
Very cool place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2015
It was an awesome experience. It is very fast paced for the position I had held. The company has a unique story and I liked the fact that you basically worked how you saw fit.
Very organized work place and great management
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke,ON7 July 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they need according to their own personal style and also meeting new people along the way.
Busy work place
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 July 2015
Work was filled with assisting guests everyday, and finding the best of what they need. Tidying up the store before it gets too messy. At Victoria Secret i learned a lot about customer service and how to be the best at my job. I learned communication was very important. The management team was good and was always pushing us to achieve the best. My co workers were a bit older then me but were all very sweet. The hardest part of the job was closing because we had to clean the entire store. The most enjoyable was getting to just talk to guests and building new relationships.
Pros
30% off discount
Cons
closing, organizing the panties
Normal Day at VS
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 July 2015
Go in, get self prepared for day of work. Call my manager and get a summary of what should happen today and my goal for the day. My manager would guide me in where i was station and continue to check on me during the day
productive, great work environment
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 June 2015
fast paced, customer service oriented. coworkers were most helpful as they had much product knowledge. the hardest part of the job was scheduling your day around a call-in shift that would most likely not be activated yet you were instructed that you had to keep that time free for the slim chance that it would be activated.
Pros
knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
call in shifts
Too much drama
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 June 2015
So many people go in and out of this job because of the management. It sucks here. The only good perks is the discount but even with it hoodies were still at $50 cost. evens some tshirt. Theres so many dramas between girls in this store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.