Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

High Performance Selling Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada5 January 2017
If you are passionate and driven to succeed, Victoria's Secret is a the perfect place for you. Very competitive wages and strong incentive program. Demands a lot of time and does not support work/life balance.
unorganized , uncertainty about hours you work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 December 2016
hours are not stable , shifts are call in , management is unorganized ,there are not benefits and they are not understanding of your situation. Good coworkers are the only pro
Pros
Discount, good coworkers
Cons
Unstable hours, disorganized
Friendly and fast-paced
Cashier, Beauty Associate & Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2016
In my short time with Victoria's Secret, I was surprised with the incredible team I had the pleasure of working with. The manager's were honest with you, they followed up constantly in regards to inquiries of growth and assistance.

Minimum wage is expected for employees on the floor but have heard good things of positions higher. At the end of the day, I resigned from the Store due to hours as their hours are based on product sales, however it is a corrupt system as those who do not get the hours to work, cannot stabilize their sales skills.
Pros
Fast paced, Confident Environment, Gender Friendly, Happy Customers
Cons
Corrupt scheduling, Pay rate
Exciting company to work for
Associate/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
I was the setting up for grand opening and it was amazing! The staff and management had put their hearts into creating that beautiful store and it was so fun to work there. I was named one of the first bra specialists in Canada and it is something I will always cherish. I moved up quickly in the company and was trained to do so many different things it was a great experience. Management changed and the uncertainty of all the changes was very unsettling. The essence of what the president of the company believed and wanted in thenstorea was noi what we were experiencing as employees.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Uncertainty under new management
A super fun workplace with amazing people
Merchandising/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 October 2016
PINK was one of the best companies I have worked for. They are very very good to their employees and treat them very well. You always feel very importanbt there and that you are a huge contribution. The management is amazing as well as all of the staff, you feel like a team! The days were really fun, helping customers, changing the store around, inventory, doing stock. It was a great place to work at.
Productive, Yet Redundant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2016
A typical day at work includes folding, sorting, and putting away lingerie. I learned how manipulative time can be. It either slows down or speed up and in this case, it slows down. I think the hardest part of my job is working with time because work is predictable and one will find oneself doing the same thing over and over again, and which makes it difficult to look forward to going to work. However, my friendly co-workers make the long hours bearable.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Redundant tasks
Amicable Workplace
Generalist Position, Victoria's Secret (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2016
It was a comfortable environment, although the management was not always excellent, everyone kept a positive mind and worked to reach a desirable result.
I gained a different perspective of what teamwork is about, and organizational tips.
Fast-paced work environment.
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 September 2016
A typical day at work consists of replenishing the store folding panties, doing go-backs, and connecting with multiple costumers. Working as part time sales support generalist you have to work hard so that management notices your initiate to the store that way they give you more hours. However I found that the management do have favourites. Full time associates are treated better than part time associates. Shifts as a part time support generalist often range from 3 hour shifts to 5 hour shifts and you would be given less than 20 hours a week. Sometimes you would even be given 3 hours a week which is extremely un-easy and left me feeling hopeless and not knowing if I would be able to pay for upcoming bills.Besides inconsistent hours what I enjoyed the most working here was helping costumers on their bra journey and working together as a team with my co-workers to make the selling environment a great place to work. Another downside I would say is that management does take advantage of associates, most of the time recognition of hard work is un-seen on a constant basis which management really needs to work on to make sure every associate feels well respected throughout the store. Overall the love and support from my co-workers made me stay around for as long as I did which was the only thing that made me enjoy working at Victoria's Secret.
Pros
Buy-ins, Friendly close-knit co-workers.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, shifts getting cancelled, unsatisfactory pay.
Holiday season hiree
Cashier/Sales/Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2016
I didn't find the management to be encouraging or helpful. I felt like another number that didn't matter. When I struggled and asked for help in understanding I was treated like I bothered them or I was stupid. My hours were barely existent to pay bills and when I did work people were unfriendly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unfriendly staff and management with no hours available.
Good work environment but no hours.
Product display and management of inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
I enjoy my job but am unwilling to accept the hours. I need to contribute to my family and this position is not fulfilling those requirements. The position really caters to the young and not for those who have more responsibilities. The management and co-workers are good and I have enjoyed me employment with them.
Pros
I do have flexibility with the organization.
Cons
Short hours.
fast passed
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 September 2016
Love working with and meeting new people while assisting them, fast passed and always new things to learn everyday. Great way to build customer service skills.
productive and fun work environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2016
I always work as Cashier. what I am doing is handled all customer payment and reconciled of cash accounts. It is fun that you can talk with customers but sometimes you will work under pressure since there is line over the counter.
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
busy and work under pressure
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 August 2016
Learnt a lot through direct sales in and industry and environment of solely women. i loved it at Victorias Secret and as i said learnt a tonne
Bra Specialist At Victoria's Secret
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 August 2016
I am currently working as a bra specialist at Victoria's Secret, it is one of my favorite jobs so far. Working in the fitting rooms have been a challenge because I am dealing with all types of bodies which forces me to have an open mind and not discriminate. I have also gotten the courage and a lot of retail experience, reading customers cues and body language.
Great work place
Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick2 August 2016
A great company to work, everyone is really supportive and positive. It's always fun and every day is something different. Management is always super encouraging and there to help you learn and grow.
VS in a blurb
Merchandising Supervisor/Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 July 2016
Overall a great company to work for. They have provided me with excessive experience in my field of passion; visual merchandising. I have learned a lot about the success of the company and how I, as part of the management team, contribute to it in multiple ways. I love creating and executing floor ma[s and visual changes on a daily basis and Victoria's Secret gives you lots of practice and experience by molding and evolving visually as the brand continues to grow.
okay retail position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 July 2016
enjoyable to begin with hectic during sales management is alright culd be run better but the employees were great good playful atmosphere and funny customers
No hours. Hypocritical management. Competitive environment.
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 June 2016
Although I loved working with my customers to find exactly what they needed, the management was very poor and we were frequently told to do better and work harder by the manager even though we would work our hardest and she was stealing our sales. It's a very competitive place to work as you fight for sales and your bonus. As a cashier, we would only bonus if the store did well. We got a bonus check once the whole time I worked there. I asked to switch to sales so I could get a chance to sell more and because I was good at it. The manager said yes and never switched me. I stayed as a cashier. I asked 3 more times and she said yes each time but never bothered to change my position. Your hours will always be inconsistent and the "on call" concept, although a good idea for the company if someone calls in sick, is a terrible impact on your life outside of work. As for the amount of hours, good luck getting some. There are 2 full time staff and majority of the staff who wanted full time ended up having to find a second job because no one would be given hours. The ratio of staff to hours able to be given is very poor. The only couple perks I found with my job was the scattered coworkers who didn't act fake and the free/very large discounted items every month. But they select the free item for you.
Cons
Poor management and hours.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
a lot of measuring and shelf-organizing involved; some heavy lifting of merchandise in the back rooms. management and coworkers are amazing. hardest part would be cleaning up after the customers' mess. enjoyable part would be the discounts on products.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Great work environment with a outgoing, friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
Typical, there store was a fast-paced environment, but the job was enjoyable. I loved being able to assist customers into their desired products, as well as inspiring them to try new products.

I learned how to cater to the needs of other people while still being able to help them explore new options. I learned how to work at my best in my own unique way, which enabled me to work at my best potential.

My managerial staff was wonderful. They were approachable, and I felt comfortable asking them questions. They gave great constructive criticism and were very discrete and professional when it came to my performance.

I had friendly, supportive coworkers who quickly became workplace friends. I was able to rely on them, and we all worked well together as a team to ensure the store was running as smoothly as possible.

The hardest part of the job was to book days off. We were asked to book weeks to months in advance. And although we were often over-staffed, it was difficult to receive even a couple of days, and often times, it was denied. It was especially stressful when trying to book times off for school exams or for vacation time.
Pros
Awesome working environment with an equally wonderful team
Cons
Not really any cons. Just difficulty booking time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.