Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 February 2016
hours sucked along with management. customers were usually very rude because the sales we had werent as good as other bra and pantie shops.
My experience with the company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2016
The company offered many incentives to employees which made the job fun. I was able to get a hands on experience that I will carry out with me for the rest of my life
Amazing job
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 February 2016
typical day at work is to assist customers such as sizes, bra fittings, and letting customers in fitting rooms. Most enjoyable part of job is to interact with customers at a higher level.
Pros
amazing hours
Cons
Would like it better if management stuck to policies.
Cash Wrap (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2015
Management will NEVER back you up when it comes to a customer giving an associate a hard time. I work cash, which is where all of the angry customers come to in order to get their way, and of course, they always do. After having argued with a customer over promotions, or if they demand a gift with purchase when they are under the limit, management will always give the customer what they want and make you look like an idiot for enforcing the proper policies and promotions. When it comes to the weekly schedule, it is always LATE. The schedule is supposed to be posted on Monday, but at my store, it isn't posted until Wednesday or Thursday. Today is Wednesday and it is no surprise that the schedule isn't posted for next week yet. On top of that, booking time off is literally like sacrificing a limb for them. They give you such a hard time when you have an event on a weekend or a doctors appointment during the week. Management has even threatened to start writing employees up for taking time off. WE ARE ENTITLED TO VACATION DAYS. The only good thing about this job are my fellow co-workers, the discount, and the fact that it pays my tuition. Other than that, VS is only good place to shop.
Busy work place
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 July 2015
Work was filled with assisting guests everyday, and finding the best of what they need. Tidying up the store before it gets too messy. At Victoria Secret i learned a lot about customer service and how to be the best at my job. I learned communication was very important. The management team was good and was always pushing us to achieve the best. My co workers were a bit older then me but were all very sweet. The hardest part of the job was closing because we had to clean the entire store. The most enjoyable was getting to just talk to guests and building new relationships.
Pros
30% off discount
Cons
closing, organizing the panties
Was a great place to work, everyone was close until new management came in.
Sales Specialist (Leadership role) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2016
Company tried to improve themselves but only left their dedicated employees to leave and be replaced with mindless workers.
n/a
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2016
went i work for victoria secret its was a nice experience that i really enjoy but like everything and everybody life changeand new opportunity.
The VS Life
Sales Support/Brand Guide Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 February 2015
A typical day at Victoria's Secret is filled with simple but multiple tasks that revolve around the lingerie and sleep culture. Unless it is Christmas time or you are a part of management, you won't be there for a very long day, 5 hours at most. This is helpful for your legs and back, not so much for your wallet. Unfortunately it is extremely part-time, and small amounts of hours are split between a mass of associates. It is mostly women working at Victoria's Secret, with the exception of a few males, so personalities can clash and you may not agree with everything everyone says or tells you to do; typical in most workplaces I find.
There isn't anything physically hard about working here, it can just be frustrating with 7 managers (especially when they are all there at the same time) because you get told several different things at one time and you don't want to disappoint any of them.
I enjoy the brand (merchandising) portion of my job at Victoria's Secret and, of course, the great deals and free-bees!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Hours
Great environment, Lots of fun and amazing employee gratis
Cash rep sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 April 2015
Victoria is a great company with lots of great opportunities.
At the start of every shift your 'warmed' up by a manger who goes through all the saes and deals and what's happening in the store that day. Management was great overall but I feel that they don't take care of their employees. Training is very short and I found with my store manager she was very passive aggressive and rude towards the employees if they didn't make her money. The hardest part of the job is getting sales. You need to be efficient and able to multitask and communicate with multiple customers and deliver the best customer service experience in order to make a sale and create customers for life. The best part of the job was the employee gratis. Every month employees were able to get a free item or a discount on merchandise.
Pros
Pot lock lunches, great disounts, amazing oppertunities
Great company values but poor management
Operations and Staffing (Current Employee) –  Toronto21 April 2015
I loved the values this company trains their employees on. However if upper level management is not "by the book" it creates a a negative experience. Several rules were not followed which created conflict and confusion for elevated associates as well as sales associates.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance, management
Great people, frustrating environment.
Bra Fitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2015
I love everything the company stands for. I really enjoy the people who I have had the pleasure of working with for the last 4 years. I have seen a lot of changes in the time I have been with the company. The managers are all amazing people and I admire and look up to al of them. However, there is quite a lot of disconnect from what they preach to how they act. Certain members of the team get 'special' treatment and for those of us who have worked our butts off since our store has opened are fed up with the favoritism. Personally I really didn't see the harm in it, but then it started effecting myself and the stress and work life balance I can maintain. The newer changes and introduction of the incentive program has taken away sufficiently from the customer experience within the store. It has feeded to very greedy and unpersonable people working within the store. These associates bully other associates and do a lot of blaming when they can't get sales. Associates are not genuinely helping people they are just trying to get a number on a screen so they can make a decent amount of money for themselves. They don't care much if the store makes plan or if we as a team make our bra goals, then everyone in the store will get an incentive, they only care about themselves. And the managers don't do anything to change how they act.
Pros
Great co-workers, supportive management, amazing company values, safe and clean environment.
Cons
Bullies, incentive makes everyone greedy, lack of customer service, favoritism of associates, unrealistic worklife expectations.
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2015
Typical day at work: Service customers needs, build relationships, clean the store in between customers, reach sales goal of $250/hour

What I've learned: Finding out the need behind the need (ex: service their needs as to why they initially came into the store, as well with another need they may need it for that they never thought about)

Management: They coach you well on how to achieve your sales goals and how to better connect with your customers so that they leave the store having a memorable experience

Co-workers: very easy to get along with and connect with

Hardest part of the job: During the day on a weekday when business is slower, it's harder to reach your sales goal. Your weekly hours are based on your sales, hence if you don't maintain a SPAH of $250, you'll receive less hours for the following week.

The most enjoyable part of the job: fun/up beat vibes, able to be myself and transpire my personality through my work.
work
Pink, Sales Associate and Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  markvill mall22 March 2015
show up to work on time get the beauty belt and head set ready
hit the sales floor
then immediately we are reminded about how much we need to sell per hour
which has now been pushed so much customers think we are commission
its lead to sales associates saying their name way too much and bombarding customers that have been already assisted by other associates

hardest part of the job is the selling culture
im great at multi tasking so i am able to keep my zone fully organized ie; ROYGBVd drawers panties in order and table tops stocked
while helping customers and preventing any unwanted angels from shop lifting
but the selling culture of name exchange can be awkward
and leads to loss of sales or stress of sales

i love the store environment
i love my managers
Pros
love the product and store
Cons
selling culture
Fun workplace environment with intense training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 May 2015
This job was thoroughly enjoyable. The training was highly intensive so you learned the products really fast and you learned a lot from this job.
The management was a little bit too intense. They had unrealistically high expectations of sales goals without a true commission-based environment. The job would have been much more enjoyable without the harsh criticism and the feeling that management was always looking over your shoulder and judging your every move.
Pros
Perks, Friendly staff
Cons
Hours Vary, Harsh Management
Productive place with new faces to meet everyday
Sales Support & Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2013
With a stock associate usually shifts start at six in the morning or you have a closing shift. Usually as a team we do a full push of all our shipment that came in that morning and make sure the store is up to standards. For the almost two months I've been there, I've learned the many types of bras for her, and how to reinforce the sale by connecting with her and making sure she is satisfied. Management is a great team, very approachable just like the co-workers I work with.
Hardest part of the job is most likely when the store is really busy and we have to maintain the drawers and stands so that they are neat for customers to shop in. The most enjoyable part of my job is the new people I get to meet everyday, co-workers and customers.
Victoria Secret not so glam
Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2013
A typical day at work was pretty hectic the store was brand new to Toronto and could be very over whelming with the amount of people that would be in the store at once. I learned to be more aware of my surroundings and to be able to talk to different kinds of people and customers. I also learned to balance work and school at the same time. The management was not great here as the store was brand new and policies and values were not yet clearly defined.They were rude to their employees and were also condescending to staff. There were over 200 employees when I started and they were all very different, some very down to earth others very outspoken, I also learned to handle intense situations with calmness and kindness not to escalate things.
Good Company, great atmosphere
Seasonal Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, On29 January 2015
While working at PINK, I learned many interpersonal and communication skills while dealing with customers. My co-workers were always very accepting and friendly, as well as the management. Not too easy going with schedule changes, but not a big deal. The hardest part of the job was meeting the company sales goals per segment, and the most enjoyable would be socializing and meeting new people all day. Typically during a day at work I would greet and socialize with customers, help ring people through on cash, stock shelves, maintain sales floor standards, etc.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Non-Paid lunches
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, QC16 April 2014
Overall, my experience at Victoria's Secret was really good.
I had a really fun time working there at first but unfortunately, the management is horrible. They don't know what they're doing.
The company used up all their money when the store opened back in December 2013, so now there are over 100 girls working there and I can honestly say that at least 60-70 of them are getting 0 hours weekly. I have not work in a few weeks. I also did not work for the whole month of February. For a student, I really cannot afford that. Other than the fact that I get no hours, I loved my job. I loved having the knowledge of under garments.
Pros
Free bras every once in a while
Cons
No hours
Perfect!
Customer Service, Stock Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2015
Best and most well executed management team, every employee loves their job and truly know how to represent the VS brand. All around very well-manicured and professional.
Victoria secrets
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 October 2015
A typically day at Victoria secret was being on your feet and helping out in customer service. I learnt customer service, ordering, organizing the store and shipment. Staying after hours and getting the store ready for the next morning. The part enjoyable part of my job was organizing and making the store look presentable.