Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great cow-workers, fun and safe work environment
Cons: not enough hours not a fair opportunity given to progres in the company
This is a great fun job to have while in college, there is a small opportunity for growth into management. The hours however do not come in abundance. The hourly pay based upon the job requirements are reasonable.
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free items
Cons: pressure to sell credit cards to customers
Great place to work because you get lots of free items. The co-workers are generally very friendly and the company encourages you to smile a lot. The have so much room to move up, and the frequent employee evaluation make sure all members are working toward the same successful goals.
Quality leadership and culture in the workplace have allowed me to work at my best and that is what I found in this job.
Cash Wrap- Part time (Current Employee), Friendswood, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: complimentary 15 min breaks
Cons: part-time hours
A typical day begins and ends with an insatiable drive anticipating and fulfilling customers desires.

I have learned passion leads to success.

At Victoria's Secret we are taught by management to pursue excellence, be emotionally, intellectually and spiritually engaged in our work and that makes talent.

Also, I have learned that inclusion makes us – more... stronger and by embracing others thoughts, experiences, hopes and dreams it makes our own more complete and connects us to the customer.

The hardest part of the job is the reality of success feeling intimidating here. I felt strange going forward because the possibilities of success with the organization didn't support my past experiences.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with management, coworkers and the customers because of the passion for what I do and the benefit it brings others as well as myself. – less
An amazing learning environment and amazing managment team that pushes you to be the best!!! Best company to work for!!
Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 12, 2014
I loved everything about my job as a Staffing Supervisor except the pay which was pretty low for me. I was surrounded by a team of managers that supported and pushed me to my full potential and beyond. Working as the Staffing Supervisor is was inspired me to change me career path and directed me towards a passion in HR Management.
Perfect job for a person who loves to work with people!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Aurora, IllinoisJuly 12, 2014
Pros: company offers nice perks for all it's emloyees.
Cons: hours are not consistent week to week.
A typical work day is welcoming customers into our store. Giving customers an enjoyable shopping experience is our number one priority. I have learned that I enjoy working with all kinds of people and making a genuine connection. Management is encouraging, positive in setting and reaching goals. I can't think of any part of this job that is difficult. – more... This job is enjoyable because of the friendly, welcoming environment. – less
Great workplace but very unreliable.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2014
Hardly ever scheduled. Not Reliable for income. Management and co workers were great and very helpful. The hardest part was trying to pick up shifts because I was only scheduled, if I was lucky, about once or twice a month. Since June, I have been scheduled to work 2 times.
A fun semi-productive workplace, but very little hours.
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2014
Pros: positive environment, flexible scheduling.
Cons: short break, short work hours, relatively low pay.
This is a great job for someone starting out in their younger, teenage years. The environment is always positive. The main downside to this job is that hours are based off direct sales. That is a negative thing when you are dependant on making more than $200 every two weeks. I have rent and other bills that must be paid and a job like this isn't worth – more... the time it takes to travel there more than half the time. – less
Only care about their credit card job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 11, 2014
Your hours depend on how many people you get to sign up for their credit card

Don't get paid for overtime

Send you home early if it's slow (sometimes after only an hr)
VS
Cashier (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 11, 2014
Love the company. I've been an employee off and on throughout my college years and it has never changed.
fun fun fun
Fashion representative (Former Employee), phoniex arizonaJuly 11, 2014
fast paced work place , get a lot of funny people who love to sample the products' learned some thing are beyond your control
Productive work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee), Brandon, MSJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: hourly salary
Victoria's Secret was an amazing place to work over holiday break from college. The managers and co-workers were very friendly and the work environment was very productive. I've learned a lot about working in retail. I gained excellent customer service skills.
Retail management boot camp
Brand Co-Manager, Sales Lead (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJuly 10, 2014
Great place to start a long term career in retail management. It can be both very trying and very rewarding. Get ready to work hard, and possibly be very frustrated. However if you can make it here, it looks good on a resume.
A fast paced enviornment, respectable company.
Brand Ambassador and Consultant (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: discount, gratis, company morals
Cons: policies, theft, sometimes managment
Victoria's secret is an on the fence experience for me. On one hand I love everything the company stands for and the standards they teach. I love the experiences I have with my customers and the ladies I work with. However some of the company policies make it hard to stay with the company. The return polices enables ridiculous opportunities for theft – more... and policy abuse. As employees we are their only defense against shrink. And we cannot do much besides scare them enough to drop our items and run. But the organized thieves will come in, pick up something on the way and walk right up to the cash register and return it, claiming they lost their receipt. I truly appreciate all of the knowledge I gained working for this company. There is so much I can take with me on my career journey. – less
Fun Relaxed Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 9, 2014
A typical day at work with Vittoria's Secret involves giving great customer service. Whether I am at the cash wrap or on the floor selling bras to customers, I wear a smile consistently. The hardest part about the job is the limited chances for growth. The most enjoyable part is the fun and friendly environment. Victoria's Secret is my home away from – more... home. I feel comfortable in talking to the managers if I have a problem in general or with someone in the store. They are awesome! – less
Comftorbale and fun.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New Hyde Park, NYJuly 8, 2014
Cons: not enough hours given.
Great environment to work in. I go in ask what I will be doing and am directed to my zone in the store and my task for the day. I have never had an issue with anyone.
Fun place to work, great teamwork
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 8, 2014
The team environment here makes this job fun and easy. Management is fair to all employees from full time to temporary hire. Definite perks with gratis items during promotions.
Challenging
Sales Support (Former Employee), Katy, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great employees
Cons: no full time, no benefits
Thriving in an almost always busy work environment, Victoria Secret stood out as a place where customer interaction was heavily applied. Hours were very flexible however however arbitrary at best as I often found myself doing morning shifts to closing ones. The opportunity for growth was mild at best and at times even stale with no openings to be found – more... for countless months. I did however find that there was a strong sense of unity among all employees that made it worth while to stay. Everyone was always positive, optimistic at all times. – less
Fun and pretty place to work!
Cashier/Customer Service associate (Former Employee), Friendswood, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: you get free and discounted stuff all the time. pay time and a half on all holidays.
Cons: very low pay for how professional you have to be and how much responsibilities you have, if you work at night your gonna be there really late.
Great job but the pay rate and some of the hours are just unrealistic. very low pay with a lot of responsibility and professionalism.
flexible, fun, fast
Cashier (Current Employee), Brea, CAJuly 7, 2014
I have worked for VS for 4 years. Overall I have enjoyed my time. It is a great job to have while in school because of the flexibility, but you better be ready to work QUICKLY and EFFICIECENTLY. This store is constantly with business so knowing how to work under pressure is a PLUS.
Enjoyable place to work as a side job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, different positions offered and discount is decent.
Cons: growth in the store/company is not easy.
It is a great place to work if you are looking for a job to make a little side money while at school or to occupy your time. You have to work your butt off in order to get moved up and even when you do, the salary increase is not that much.

About Victoria's Secret

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll – Read more

Victoria's Secret Photos