Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

Great environment, Lots of fun and amazing employee gratis
Cash rep sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 18, 2015
Victoria is a great company with lots of great opportunities.
At the start of every shift your 'warmed' up by a manger who goes through all the saes and deals and what's happening in the store that day. Management was great overall but I feel that they don't take care of their employees. Training is very short and I found with my store manager she was very passive aggressive and rude towards the employees if they didn't make her money. The hardest part of the job is getting sales. You need to be efficient and able to multitask and communicate with multiple customers and deliver the best customer service experience in order to make a sale and create customers for life. The best part of the job was the employee gratis. Every month employees were able to get a free item or a discount on merchandise.
Pros
Pot lock lunches, great disounts, amazing oppertunities
Everyone was quite nice to me. Everyone who worked there always encouraged each other to better themselves.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaMarch 20, 2015
Like most days in sales, you serve the customer as best as you can. Some days suck, maybe because you don't feel well or that just some customers literally are too much to handle. This was my first job in sales and all in all it was not bad. I got to learn how the sales industry works.

Managers were fine, but they are your boss so it's much more relaxed around your co-workers.

Hardest part was learning quickly so I can live up to the VS standards.

Overall, it was a nice experience, but if I every want to work sales again I think I want to go in my comfort zone of sporting goods.
Pros
benefits, every month there is an item that is either free or very cheap for the employees, and after three months of work you get a long list of items that you can have.
Cons
i mean it's sales, it's not everyones cup of tea.
Very organized work place and great management
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke,ONJuly 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they need according to their own personal style and also meeting new people along the way.
Neat experience, wouldn't do it again
Victoria Secret Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day is stressful and long. I've learned how to deal with difficult customers. Management was nice yet noticeably stressed. Co-workers are nice. Hardest part of the job is the amount of pressure they apply on the SPH.
Pros
good communication
Cons
long, stressful, busy, messy, repetitive music, difficult clients, tedious work
Good Company, great atmosphere
Seasonal Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, OnJanuary 29, 2015
While working at PINK, I learned many interpersonal and communication skills while dealing with customers. My co-workers were always very accepting and friendly, as well as the management. Not too easy going with schedule changes, but not a big deal. The hardest part of the job was meeting the company sales goals per segment, and the most enjoyable would be socializing and meeting new people all day. Typically during a day at work I would greet and socialize with customers, help ring people through on cash, stock shelves, maintain sales floor standards, etc.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
non-paid lunches
It was fun and exciting to work with the merchandise we loved
Lead Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJanuary 19, 2015
It was a great place to work and learn. A lot of training for sales and customer service. I used to put to practice everyday marketing, managing girls to keep people for longer, solving problems quickly, adjusting to the market, fixing tills, re-arranging the floor, always training girls to make sure they could be used in different areas of the store.
It was always fun, selling stuff that I liked was the best part of the job.
The hardest part was that I didn't make enough to stay there longer and I had to move on.
Productive working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 10, 2015
Working a typical day is mostly customer services, helping customers look for what they want and need. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people (customers) everyday. The workplace have a great diversity of workers, a lot of culture in one place.
Pros
friendly co-workers and discounts
Cons
stressful environment
Seasonal Full Time Sales Associate
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 7, 2015
During a typical day of work I would either work on the sales floor or in the back room. I enjoyed the backroom because I got to work at my own pace and fold clothes and do the markdowns. I found this most relaxing and time flew by. But, most days I would be on the sales floor selling products to customers and maintaining and organizing the product. We had an incentive to sell $300 of product every hour so I found this more stressful. Overall management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Although,after this experience I learned that working in retail is not for me.
Pros
friendly co-workers and long hours.
Cons
slow days due to overbooking staff with not enough tasks to be done or customers in store.
Everyday is different, nothing is ever boring.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2014
As a product manager, it is my responsibility to make sure the sales floor looks full and abundant. To hold my stock associate accountable to their daily task and to consistently coach them. I also have to be on the sales floor with a certain amount of sales goal weekly that i have to achieve. Being on the sales floor also helps me gain knowledge what is moving quickly with my products and what needs to change due to lack of sale. My brightest time of the day is making my staff laugh! We can still work and and play hard at the same time. Not forgetting to laugh once and awhile.
Working at Victoria's Secret
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2015
Challenging, fast-paced, sales-oriented, accommodating managers, one 15-minute break for 5 hour shifts, learned how to appeal to customers from all walks of life, co-workers were very supportive, tired feet but enjoyed speaking to different people
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 17, 2015
Typical day at work: Service customers needs, build relationships, clean the store in between customers, reach sales goal of $250/hour

What I've learned: Finding out the need behind the need (ex: service their needs as to why they initially came into the store, as well with another need they may need it for that they never thought about)

Management: They coach you well on how to achieve your sales goals and how to better connect with your customers so that they leave the store having a memorable experience

Co-workers: very easy to get along with and connect with

Hardest part of the job: During the day on a weekday when business is slower, it's harder to reach your sales goal. Your weekly hours are based on your sales, hence if you don't maintain a SPAH of $250, you'll receive less hours for the following week.

The most enjoyable part of the job: fun/up beat vibes, able to be myself and transpire my personality through my work.
Customer consultations in fast-paced environment
Consultant/Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Square OneJanuary 1, 2015
inviting and welcoming customers to the store
ensuring customers find the exact item they are looking for
ensuring customers leave with the correct fit
sizing
visual merchandising must be done according to planogram
fast paced sales environment
handling cash registers
upselling
Fast paced and friendly work place.
Sales support staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2014
A typical day involves shipment processing and pushing the product onto the floor. Many early mornings that require you being ready to go at 6am. The management was very encouraging and would always be around to answer questions. Involves team work as well as being able to drop what you are doing to put the customer first. It has an enjoyable staff team.
Pros
people
Cons
not enough hours
Great store opening experience
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 24, 2014
Everyday was great you knew exactly what to do when you came in for the evening shifts many times there are no managers in the stock from so it was up to you and the other back room associates to get individual jobs done. It wasn't high pressure and the brand team leaders (in the other sections ) knew they could count on us for getting our tasks done. Hardest part of that job was there were so many "managers" that it could have been confusing on the main manager. They didn't always have a grasp of who everyone was even on first name bases.
Pros
laid back
Cons
managers are distant
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, QCApril 16, 2014
Overall, my experience at Victoria's Secret was really good.
I had a really fun time working there at first but unfortunately, the management is horrible. They don't know what they're doing.
The company used up all their money when the store opened back in December 2013, so now there are over 100 girls working there and I can honestly say that at least 60-70 of them are getting 0 hours weekly. I have not work in a few weeks. I also did not work for the whole month of February. For a student, I really cannot afford that. Other than the fact that I get no hours, I loved my job. I loved having the knowledge of under garments.
Pros
free bras every once in a while
Cons
no hours
Good place to start working, but not for long term
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 9, 2014
The people who work at this location are good people but there is a very high turn over rate with both associates and management staff. The best part about working here is the friendships that you make with the people you work with.
One of the hardest parts is it is VERY hard to advance within the company and you are rarely rewarded for hard work and the company does not recognize the commitment that some employees have made to the company.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor pay
fun-loving
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 22, 2014
Victoria's Secret was the best job I have had so far!. It was fun and I did not feel stressed about going into work. Even though you were able to have fun and be yourself the work still got done. If you ever had a problem you just had to go talk to the manager and they would do everything they could to solve it.
Pros
they give you free product so that you can give your customers your personal testimony, everyone that worked there were kind hearted people.
Cons
you only get a week notice for your work schedule.
Fun workplace, great staff.
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Polo Park Shopping Center, Winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2013
A typical day at work would be checking for stock. Put away any new shipment and organizing everything by size, color, and collection. The managers are all wonderful and really look out for you and for you to do your best. The hardest part of the job is working til 12am on certain days and you have to be available to work til 12am at least 3 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting out onto the floor, helping the customer with whatever they need. Seeing that customer purchase the items you personally helped them with.
Pros
the employee discount on their lovely feminine product.
Cons
working til 12am on a sunday or getting one shift a week.
Victorias secret was a good job, I loved the people I worked with.
Cash Lead/ temporary store supervisor (holiday) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 14, 2012
A typical day at work would include, depending on opening or closing. Counting the tills and ensuring all of the funds match, or at night ensuring that the bank deposit is completed as it should be. Being promoted for the holidays running the sales floor, scheduling breaks, answering customer complaints.

I learned that communication is key in retail, between management and sales associates, the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. My co-workers are the reason Im currently staying at this location.
Wonderful people to work with and great positive environment
Cash (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2013
During the week is not very busy, thursday to sunday is super busy and yet you don't really feel any stress that's how good working at Victoria's Secret is. Fast paced environment with support from management in many different ways. Management is very comprehensive, friendly and caring for the well being of all of their employees. Customers are always happy and excited about the brand and products. Everything is great... except for the pay.
Pros
great environment, great people, fast paced
Cons
not enough pay