Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Sales Specialist and New Hire Mentor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2015
Fun job all-in-all.
Management makes a good point of ensuring that you're coached for performance
They put a lot of time and money into training
Advancement in the company is scarce, most of the management is recruited externally.
The way they choose salary is unexplainable, as many people with little experience will make more than others.
Pros
Team environment, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Salary, Advancement
Fun place to work.
SALES AND SUPPORT GENERALIST (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2015
Fun place to work alongside my colleagues. A lot of support from the team which made it easy to learn & grow. Management needs a lot more improvement. My favourite part of the job was being able to work with such great people & also being able to connect with customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was being able adjust with all the changes the company was going through.
Pros
Very friendly co-workers
Cons
Unstable management team
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2016
I was a bra specialist so my role was to be in charge of the fitting rooms, and provide bra fittings, with exceptional customer service. I have learned how to gain more confidence, and the company providing me with a lot of workshop classes to learn how to become a better selling associate. My management was especially friendly and always treated us associates as family, yet knew when to give constructive feedback. My co-workers were a huge part of the joyof my job; we all worked as a team/family, and we were successful together, and made the company a better place to work, with the excellence of amazing co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not giving a customer what they needed because we ran out of stock, or they didn't fit our product. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customer so happy that she returned as a customer for life, and when we change her life,
Pros
Flexible, management, co-workers, company.
Cons
Getting in tiffs with co-workers, some management, inconsistency.
Amazing job
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 February 2016
typical day at work is to assist customers such as sizes, bra fittings, and letting customers in fitting rooms. Most enjoyable part of job is to interact with customers at a higher level.
Pros
amazing hours
Great experience for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2015
A typical day would be showing up for you shift, signing in and meeting with the manager to discuss your position on the floor.
Once assigned a room ie room 1, 2 or 3 or being placed in fitting rooms you go to work.
Pros
Fun place to work, if you're a good worker you get raises
Cons
Call-in shifts, co-workers are rude, everyone for themselves
My experience with the company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2016
The company offered many incentives to employees which made the job fun. I was able to get a hands on experience that I will carry out with me for the rest of my life
Was a great place to work, everyone was close until new management came in.
Sales Specialist (Leadership role) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2016
Company tried to improve themselves but only left their dedicated employees to leave and be replaced with mindless workers.
Fast-paced work environment.
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 September 2016
A typical day at work consists of replenishing the store folding panties, doing go-backs, and connecting with multiple costumers. Working as part time sales support generalist you have to work hard so that management notices your initiate to the store that way they give you more hours. However I found that the management do have favourites. Full time associates are treated better than part time associates. Shifts as a part time support generalist often range from 3 hour shifts to 5 hour shifts and you would be given less than 20 hours a week. Sometimes you would even be given 3 hours a week which is extremely un-easy and left me feeling hopeless and not knowing if I would be able to pay for upcoming bills.Besides inconsistent hours what I enjoyed the most working here was helping costumers on their bra journey and working together as a team with my co-workers to make the selling environment a great place to work. Another downside I would say is that management does take advantage of associates, most of the time recognition of hard work is un-seen on a constant basis which management really needs to work on to make sure every associate feels well respected throughout the store. Overall the love and support from my co-workers made me stay around for as long as I did which was the only thing that made me enjoy working at Victoria's Secret.
Pros
Buy-ins, Friendly close-knit co-workers.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, shifts getting cancelled, unsatisfactory pay.
Victoria secrets
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 October 2015
A typically day at Victoria secret was being on your feet and helping out in customer service. I learnt customer service, ordering, organizing the store and shipment. Staying after hours and getting the store ready for the next morning. The part enjoyable part of my job was organizing and making the store look presentable.
Great work environment with a outgoing, friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
Typical, there store was a fast-paced environment, but the job was enjoyable. I loved being able to assist customers into their desired products, as well as inspiring them to try new products.

I learned how to cater to the needs of other people while still being able to help them explore new options. I learned how to work at my best in my own unique way, which enabled me to work at my best potential.

My managerial staff was wonderful. They were approachable, and I felt comfortable asking them questions. They gave great constructive criticism and were very discrete and professional when it came to my performance.

I had friendly, supportive coworkers who quickly became workplace friends. I was able to rely on them, and we all worked well together as a team to ensure the store was running as smoothly as possible.

The hardest part of the job was to book days off. We were asked to book weeks to months in advance. And although we were often over-staffed, it was difficult to receive even a couple of days, and often times, it was denied. It was especially stressful when trying to book times off for school exams or for vacation time.
Pros
Awesome working environment with an equally wonderful team
Cons
Not really any cons. Just difficulty booking time off.
Busy work place
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 July 2015
Work was filled with assisting guests everyday, and finding the best of what they need. Tidying up the store before it gets too messy. At Victoria Secret i learned a lot about customer service and how to be the best at my job. I learned communication was very important. The management team was good and was always pushing us to achieve the best. My co workers were a bit older then me but were all very sweet. The hardest part of the job was closing because we had to clean the entire store. The most enjoyable was getting to just talk to guests and building new relationships.
Pros
30% off discount
Cons
closing, organizing the panties
No hours. Hypocritical management. Competitive environment.
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 June 2016
Although I loved working with my customers to find exactly what they needed, the management was very poor and we were frequently told to do better and work harder by the manager even though we would work our hardest and she was stealing our sales. It's a very competitive place to work as you fight for sales and your bonus. As a cashier, we would only bonus if the store did well. We got a bonus check once the whole time I worked there. I asked to switch to sales so I could get a chance to sell more and because I was good at it. The manager said yes and never switched me. I stayed as a cashier. I asked 3 more times and she said yes each time but never bothered to change my position. Your hours will always be inconsistent and the "on call" concept, although a good idea for the company if someone calls in sick, is a terrible impact on your life outside of work. As for the amount of hours, good luck getting some. There are 2 full time staff and majority of the staff who wanted full time ended up having to find a second job because no one would be given hours. The ratio of staff to hours able to be given is very poor. The only couple perks I found with my job was the scattered coworkers who didn't act fake and the free/very large discounted items every month. But they select the free item for you.
Cons
Poor management and hours.
productive, great work environment
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 June 2015
fast paced, customer service oriented. coworkers were most helpful as they had much product knowledge. the hardest part of the job was scheduling your day around a call-in shift that would most likely not be activated yet you were instructed that you had to keep that time free for the slim chance that it would be activated.
Pros
knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
call in shifts
Fun workplace environment with intense training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 May 2015
This job was thoroughly enjoyable. The training was highly intensive so you learned the products really fast and you learned a lot from this job.
The management was a little bit too intense. They had unrealistically high expectations of sales goals without a true commission-based environment. The job would have been much more enjoyable without the harsh criticism and the feeling that management was always looking over your shoulder and judging your every move.
Pros
Perks, Friendly staff
Cons
Hours Vary, Harsh Management
Good company to work for
Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2016
Good company to work for. Learn a lot about luxury item selling. Very fast paced, expect to be running around a lot to assist customers.
Pros
good knowledge, perks
n/a
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2016
went i work for victoria secret its was a nice experience that i really enjoy but like everything and everybody life changeand new opportunity.
Great Brand....Store Manager Ruins the Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe Claire, Quebec4 April 2015
Typical day is seriving custmers, replacing stock and sell...sell...sell!
When the store opened it was great but the store manager sarted to show her true colors of showing favorites, showing her lack of competence and her genral lack of concern for her staff including th other managers. Some employees do not get shifts and it is always the same paople closing. We always have to stay at least 2 hours after closing to ut things back in place while the manager sits in the back and does not help.
Pros
The discounts and the brand
Cons
The store Manager and the general working conditions
Motivating and early hours
Cash Wrap Lead (Current Employee) –  Surrey, B.C25 February 2015
The environment at Victoria Secret is very enjoyable because our team gets along very well. We've all bonded over time and it has become somewhat of a second family. Some days we start as early as 5am for floor sets and go as late as 1am.
Management has been a struggle for the past couple months, as turnover is quite high in retail.
The most enjoyable part about my job is seeing the new collections pre hand and being able to try everything on and giving customers my personal testimony.
Very fun, enthusiastic, busy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2015
Each shift began with a one minute meeting, showing everyone the new promos and sales pitches and a coaching method which told us how we were going to reach and go above our sales goals that day. Usually I would be on the sales floor approaching every customer with a smile and promos. I would share product knowledge with anyone that needed it. Occasionally when it needed to be done and I wasn't busy helping anyone I would recover shelves and make sure everything looked nice and presentable.
Pros
Everyone was always very reliable, and the discount was very useful.
Cons
The job was seasonal.
Good Company, great atmosphere
Seasonal Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, On29 January 2015
While working at PINK, I learned many interpersonal and communication skills while dealing with customers. My co-workers were always very accepting and friendly, as well as the management. Not too easy going with schedule changes, but not a big deal. The hardest part of the job was meeting the company sales goals per segment, and the most enjoyable would be socializing and meeting new people all day. Typically during a day at work I would greet and socialize with customers, help ring people through on cash, stock shelves, maintain sales floor standards, etc.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Non-Paid lunches