Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 17, 2015
Typical day at work: Service customers needs, build relationships, clean the store in between customers, reach sales goal of $250/hour

What I've learned: Finding out the need behind the need (ex: service their needs as to why they initially came into the store, as well with another need they may need it for that they never thought about)

Management: They coach you well on how to achieve your sales goals and how to better connect with your customers so that they leave the store having a memorable experience

Co-workers: very easy to get along with and connect with

Hardest part of the job: During the day on a weekday when business is slower, it's harder to reach your sales goal. Your weekly hours are based on your sales, hence if you don't maintain a SPAH of $250, you'll receive less hours for the following week.

The most enjoyable part of the job: fun/up beat vibes, able to be myself and transpire my personality through my work.
busy and fun workplace
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 7, 2015
seasonal position with lots of hours worked.
had lots of customer interaction and cashier experience.
This job was from November 2013 to January 2014 for the busy Christmas season.
Good Company, great atmosphere
Seasonal Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, OnJanuary 29, 2015
While working at PINK, I learned many interpersonal and communication skills while dealing with customers. My co-workers were always very accepting and friendly, as well as the management. Not too easy going with schedule changes, but not a big deal. The hardest part of the job was meeting the company sales goals per segment, and the most enjoyable would be socializing and meeting new people all day. Typically during a day at work I would greet and socialize with customers, help ring people through on cash, stock shelves, maintain sales floor standards, etc.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
non-paid lunches
productive, great work environment
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 25, 2015
fast paced, customer service oriented. coworkers were most helpful as they had much product knowledge. the hardest part of the job was scheduling your day around a call-in shift that would most likely not be activated yet you were instructed that you had to keep that time free for the slim chance that it would be activated.
Pros
knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
call in shifts
Very cool place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2015
It was an awesome experience. It is very fast paced for the position I had held. The company has a unique story and I liked the fact that you basically worked how you saw fit.
Great Brand....Store Manager Ruins the Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pointe Claire, QuebecApril 4, 2015
Typical day is seriving custmers, replacing stock and sell...sell...sell!
When the store opened it was great but the store manager sarted to show her true colors of showing favorites, showing her lack of competence and her genral lack of concern for her staff including th other managers. Some employees do not get shifts and it is always the same paople closing. We always have to stay at least 2 hours after closing to ut things back in place while the manager sits in the back and does not help.
Pros
The discounts and the brand
Cons
The store Manager and the general working conditions
Motivating and early hours
Cash Wrap Lead (Current Employee) –  Surrey, B.CFebruary 25, 2015
The environment at Victoria Secret is very enjoyable because our team gets along very well. We've all bonded over time and it has become somewhat of a second family. Some days we start as early as 5am for floor sets and go as late as 1am.
Management has been a struggle for the past couple months, as turnover is quite high in retail.
The most enjoyable part about my job is seeing the new collections pre hand and being able to try everything on and giving customers my personal testimony.
Fun, Fast Paced, Interesting!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2015
My typical day at work consists of working hard to hit hourly sales goals, create lasting impressions on customers, and educating the customers on our product.

I learned many of my sales skills within this position along with how to approach customers in a very open manner to find the root of their visit in a limited time.

Management at first was phenomenal! I didn't think it was possible to have such a perfectly working yet diverse staff of managers until they came into my life! Since then the management team has done a full turn over and it isn't running as smoothly as it was, but they are trying their best!

I personally find that the hardest part of my job is "killing customers with kindness". There have been a couple times where I have been screamed at, cussed at, threatened by, and belittled by customers and the hardest part is to continue to smile through it and apologize for upsetting them.

The most enjoyable part of my job hands down is creating lasting customer connections, hearing that customers are asking specifically for me, seeing them come in months later and remembering my name because I made such a real impression on them as an associate.
Normal Day at VS
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
Go in, get self prepared for day of work. Call my manager and get a summary of what should happen today and my goal for the day. My manager would guide me in where i was station and continue to check on me during the day
Very fun, enthusiastic, busy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2015
Each shift began with a one minute meeting, showing everyone the new promos and sales pitches and a coaching method which told us how we were going to reach and go above our sales goals that day. Usually I would be on the sales floor approaching every customer with a smile and promos. I would share product knowledge with anyone that needed it. Occasionally when it needed to be done and I wasn't busy helping anyone I would recover shelves and make sure everything looked nice and presentable.
Pros
everyone was always very reliable, and the discount was very useful.
Cons
the job was seasonal.
Very organized work place and great management
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke,ONJuly 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they need according to their own personal style and also meeting new people along the way.
Fun environment with people who make you feel like family
Lingerie Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 10, 2015
Great people to work with and for. Very encouraging when set to meet a goal, given all the resources and support you need.

- work closely with customers to ensure they get what they need

- I learned the proper technique when sizing a woman and how their garments should fit to provide them with optimal comfort
Neat experience, wouldn't do it again
Victoria Secret Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day is stressful and long. I've learned how to deal with difficult customers. Management was nice yet noticeably stressed. Co-workers are nice. Hardest part of the job is the amount of pressure they apply on the SPH.
Pros
good communication
Cons
long, stressful, busy, messy, repetitive music, difficult clients, tedious work
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, QCApril 16, 2014
Overall, my experience at Victoria's Secret was really good.
I had a really fun time working there at first but unfortunately, the management is horrible. They don't know what they're doing.
The company used up all their money when the store opened back in December 2013, so now there are over 100 girls working there and I can honestly say that at least 60-70 of them are getting 0 hours weekly. I have not work in a few weeks. I also did not work for the whole month of February. For a student, I really cannot afford that. Other than the fact that I get no hours, I loved my job. I loved having the knowledge of under garments.
Pros
free bras every once in a while
Cons
no hours
Great team building environment, New Management
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 15, 2015
I didn't work at Victoria's Secret for a long time, however while I was there I learned quite a bit. I wasn't impressed by how the managers treated there staff but I made a lot of great friends through this job!
Productive place with new faces to meet everyday
Sales Support & Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 4, 2013
With a stock associate usually shifts start at six in the morning or you have a closing shift. Usually as a team we do a full push of all our shipment that came in that morning and make sure the store is up to standards. For the almost two months I've been there, I've learned the many types of bras for her, and how to reinforce the sale by connecting with her and making sure she is satisfied. Management is a great team, very approachable just like the co-workers I work with.
Hardest part of the job is most likely when the store is really busy and we have to maintain the drawers and stands so that they are neat for customers to shop in. The most enjoyable part of my job is the new people I get to meet everyday, co-workers and customers.
Victoria Secret not so glam
Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work was pretty hectic the store was brand new to Toronto and could be very over whelming with the amount of people that would be in the store at once. I learned to be more aware of my surroundings and to be able to talk to different kinds of people and customers. I also learned to balance work and school at the same time. The management was not great here as the store was brand new and policies and values were not yet clearly defined.They were rude to their employees and were also condescending to staff. There were over 200 employees when I started and they were all very different, some very down to earth others very outspoken, I also learned to handle intense situations with calmness and kindness not to escalate things.
Fun retail job, great perks, and team atmosphere
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 19, 2015
As a bra specialist, you work in the fitting room, one-on-one with customers. Great way to meet new customers and get to know them!
Pros
gratis outfits
Cons
hours of work, work life balance
Fun work place
o Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
Its a fun place to work and be as long as you make it fun. The hardest part is having to deal with customers who are not satisfied. I have learned a lot of different working curves within the company.
Pros
gratices
Cons
long hours sometimes
Productive working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 10, 2015
Working a typical day is mostly customer services, helping customers look for what they want and need. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people (customers) everyday. The workplace have a great diversity of workers, a lot of culture in one place.
Pros
friendly co-workers and discounts
Cons
stressful environment