Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Inspirational Work Place
Operations and Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee), USAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare, benefits
Cons: pay, communication, advancement
My typical day consisted of general office duties (i.e. answering and making phone calls, making copies of things needed for weekly meetings or conference calls, etc). I was responsible for creating, editing and publishing our store schedule. I assisted my store manager in creating our management schedule to reflect the needs of our business.

What – more... I learned while working at Victoria's Secret is how to effectively lead a team. While I may not have had a team under me, I took the initiative to constantly learn and grow to become a better leader. Victoria's Secret offers great leadership workshops that are taught at the store level. The company empowers you to be the best you can be.

My management team and co-workers work well together in most aspects. We struggle to communicate to the right people 100% of the time, which is understandable when you have 10 managers that want to be involved in everything. I respect and admire each manager I work with because each on brings value to the team.

The hardest part of my job at Victoria's Secret is having a work/life balance. Some things are more demanding and have unrealistic deadlines. It is hard to enjoy your life if you are constantly worrying about work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers feel beautiful. Most people think that selling bras and panties are just that, selling. But there is so much more to it then that. You gain customers for life and customers that come back to see you because of the connection you built with them. It is so rewarding. – less
Productive Work Environment
Shipment Processing (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: inventory with new product, reasonable lunch breaks, free merchandise.
Cons: early and late night inventory and display setup
Day of Work includes: unpacking shipment, tagging and preparing for floor display. Display setup and preparation for store opening. Greeting and Assisting customers with needs and questions.

Management was friendly, easy-going, persistent with time-management. Co-workers were fast-paced, enjoyable and knowledgeable of the store's products.

The hardest – more... part of the day was making sure that all the product was ready and out on the floor in time for the store to be opened and displayed properly. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting to know more about the product we sell, learning about the company and more about the employees I worked with. – less
Great Co-workers!
Bra Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 20, 2014
Pros: discounts or even free products for employees to sample the products ourselves!
After 3 years with the company, I have made some close friends. Everyone is very cheerful and willing to support one another. This creates a family-like environment in the workplace. You don't find many places like this.
Long hours, very physical, low pay
Sales support/ Stock Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: no advacement oppertunities, low pay/high load
Typically you lift heavy boxes, restock the floors and show customers a good service experience for minimum wage, except instead of normal hours i would work until about 2am to 4am.
A lot of pressure to get customers to open credit cards
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Peabody, MAJuly 19, 2014
It would have been an awesome place to work if there wasn't so much pressure to open credit cards. The hours were alright, but they consistently forgot if an employee put in that they couldn't work certain hours/days.
very good customer service
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee), dadeland floridaJuly 19, 2014
very long days but you barely notice because the business and the people employees and customers to are very nice and down to earth
Productive and fun work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rancho CucamongaJuly 17, 2014
Victoria's Secret is a wonderful place to work. The management team was amazing, and the warm-ups given to each employee as shifts started are always motivating to reach goals. Customers are usually happy, I mean which lady doesn't love shopping for bras and panties with such fun colors and patterns. There is a 30% discount for employees and the Limited – more... Brand discount works at Bath and Body Works as well! Employees also get certain products for a heavily discounted price or even free during launches. The hardest part is learning where everything is located and the benefits of each bra. Depending on your location, some of the employees can be very clique-like, but at other locations (like Ontario Mills) all the staff is very friendly and empowering toward one-another. – less
decent entry level job
sales associate (Former Employee), Edison, NJJuly 16, 2014
i found victoria's secret to be decent, but at times frustrating. you really have to be a team player to prevent LP since the stores policy is really about preventing but not chasing or prosecuting. management can be a little unorganized. there is a lot of items that you have to know the information on.
High energy, fast paced workplace focused on customer experience and sales results.
Bra Expert, Lingerie Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORJuly 16, 2014
Working for this company I completed ample on boarding training as well as specific department training. I learned involved procedures geared towards educating associates including myself around current product categories and on going training to provide valuable growth opportunities. I'm regularly observed by my direct manager and provided with feedback – more... as to how I'm performing and areas for opportunity. A typical day at this job includes use of headset to communicate with other associates as well as a live warm up at the start of each shift. My shifts usually include viewing company educational video exercises, being on the sales floor, recovering product, assisting customers, working in the fitting rooms and cashiering. – less
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 16, 2014
Learn how to color assort clothing. My managers are great people to work with very understanding, everyone is very helpful
Fun and high energy work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 15, 2014
Over all, I had a wonderful experience working at Victoria's Secret over the last two summers. While working there I learned to listen to everything the customer has to say. Where it be a compliment or a complaint, every opinion matters and what matters more is how I deal with it. This is one of the biggest lessons I learned. By being a cashier, I am – more... the last person to impact a customers experience at the store and it is up to me to make sure it was positive and enjoyable. This is why every conversation I have with a customer is personal and important. While working there, I was encouraged by a strong management team. They were always there if I had an issue and never made me feel bad or unimportant. They were definitely a "one of a kind" management team that always stayed positive even when were weren't making sales. One of my most enjoyable parts of the job was working with my fellow co-workers. We always seems to have a good time and work together. – less
Fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great cow-workers, fun and safe work environment
Cons: not enough hours not a fair opportunity given to progres in the company
This is a great fun job to have while in college, there is a small opportunity for growth into management. The hours however do not come in abundance. The hourly pay based upon the job requirements are reasonable.
Fun Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free items
Cons: pressure to sell credit cards to customers
Great place to work because you get lots of free items. The co-workers are generally very friendly and the company encourages you to smile a lot. The have so much room to move up, and the frequent employee evaluation make sure all members are working toward the same successful goals.
Quality leadership and culture in the workplace have allowed me to work at my best and that is what I found in this job.
Cash Wrap- Part time (Current Employee), Friendswood, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: complimentary 15 min breaks
Cons: part-time hours
A typical day begins and ends with an insatiable drive anticipating and fulfilling customers desires.

I have learned passion leads to success.

At Victoria's Secret we are taught by management to pursue excellence, be emotionally, intellectually and spiritually engaged in our work and that makes talent.

Also, I have learned that inclusion makes us – more... stronger and by embracing others thoughts, experiences, hopes and dreams it makes our own more complete and connects us to the customer.

The hardest part of the job is the reality of success feeling intimidating here. I felt strange going forward because the possibilities of success with the organization didn't support my past experiences.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with management, coworkers and the customers because of the passion for what I do and the benefit it brings others as well as myself. – less
An amazing learning environment and amazing managment team that pushes you to be the best!!! Best company to work for!!
Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 12, 2014
I loved everything about my job as a Staffing Supervisor except the pay which was pretty low for me. I was surrounded by a team of managers that supported and pushed me to my full potential and beyond. Working as the Staffing Supervisor is was inspired me to change me career path and directed me towards a passion in HR Management.
Perfect job for a person who loves to work with people!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Aurora, IllinoisJuly 12, 2014
Pros: company offers nice perks for all it's emloyees.
Cons: hours are not consistent week to week.
A typical work day is welcoming customers into our store. Giving customers an enjoyable shopping experience is our number one priority. I have learned that I enjoy working with all kinds of people and making a genuine connection. Management is encouraging, positive in setting and reaching goals. I can't think of any part of this job that is difficult. – more... This job is enjoyable because of the friendly, welcoming environment. – less
Great workplace but very unreliable.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2014
Hardly ever scheduled. Not Reliable for income. Management and co workers were great and very helpful. The hardest part was trying to pick up shifts because I was only scheduled, if I was lucky, about once or twice a month. Since June, I have been scheduled to work 2 times.
A fun semi-productive workplace, but very little hours.
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2014
Pros: positive environment, flexible scheduling.
Cons: short break, short work hours, relatively low pay.
This is a great job for someone starting out in their younger, teenage years. The environment is always positive. The main downside to this job is that hours are based off direct sales. That is a negative thing when you are dependant on making more than $200 every two weeks. I have rent and other bills that must be paid and a job like this isn't worth – more... the time it takes to travel there more than half the time. – less
Only care about their credit card job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 11, 2014
Your hours depend on how many people you get to sign up for their credit card

Don't get paid for overtime

Send you home early if it's slow (sometimes after only an hr)
VS
Cashier (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJuly 11, 2014
Love the company. I've been an employee off and on throughout my college years and it has never changed.

About Victoria's Secret

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll – Read more

Victoria's Secret Photos