Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

My experience with the company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
The company offered many incentives to employees which made the job fun. I was able to get a hands on experience that I will carry out with me for the rest of my life
Seasonal Full Time Sales Associate
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJanuary 7, 2015
During a typical day of work I would either work on the sales floor or in the back room. I enjoyed the backroom because I got to work at my own pace and fold clothes and do the markdowns. I found this most relaxing and time flew by. But, most days I would be on the sales floor selling products to customers and maintaining and organizing the product. We had an incentive to sell $300 of product every hour so I found this more stressful. Overall management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Although,after this experience I learned that working in retail is not for me.
Pros
friendly co-workers and long hours.
Cons
slow days due to overbooking staff with not enough tasks to be done or customers in store.
Amazing job
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 23, 2016
typical day at work is to assist customers such as sizes, bra fittings, and letting customers in fitting rooms. Most enjoyable part of job is to interact with customers at a higher level.
Pros
amazing hours
The VS Life
Sales Support/Brand Guide Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at Victoria's Secret is filled with simple but multiple tasks that revolve around the lingerie and sleep culture. Unless it is Christmas time or you are a part of management, you won't be there for a very long day, 5 hours at most. This is helpful for your legs and back, not so much for your wallet. Unfortunately it is extremely part-time, and small amounts of hours are split between a mass of associates. It is mostly women working at Victoria's Secret, with the exception of a few males, so personalities can clash and you may not agree with everything everyone says or tells you to do; typical in most workplaces I find.
There isn't anything physically hard about working here, it can just be frustrating with 7 managers (especially when they are all there at the same time) because you get told several different things at one time and you don't want to disappoint any of them.
I enjoy the brand (merchandising) portion of my job at Victoria's Secret and, of course, the great deals and free-bees!
Pros
gratis
Cons
hours
Busy work place
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 6, 2015
Work was filled with assisting guests everyday, and finding the best of what they need. Tidying up the store before it gets too messy. At Victoria Secret i learned a lot about customer service and how to be the best at my job. I learned communication was very important. The management team was good and was always pushing us to achieve the best. My co workers were a bit older then me but were all very sweet. The hardest part of the job was closing because we had to clean the entire store. The most enjoyable was getting to just talk to guests and building new relationships.
Pros
30% off discount
Cons
closing, organizing the panties
n/a
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2016
went i work for victoria secret its was a nice experience that i really enjoy but like everything and everybody life changeand new opportunity.
Cons
Was a great place to work, everyone was close until new management came in.
Sales Specialist (Leadership role) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2016
Company tried to improve themselves but only left their dedicated employees to leave and be replaced with mindless workers.
Perfect!
Customer Service, Stock Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 11, 2015
Best and most well executed management team, every employee loves their job and truly know how to represent the VS brand. All around very well-manicured and professional.
Great company values but poor management
Operations and Staffing (Current Employee) –  TorontoApril 21, 2015
I loved the values this company trains their employees on. However if upper level management is not "by the book" it creates a a negative experience. Several rules were not followed which created conflict and confusion for elevated associates as well as sales associates.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance, management
Satisfactory worplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Satisfactory workplace. More communication from management would be an asset. Overall I'm glad for the experience but would not work for Limited Brands again
Great environment, Lots of fun and amazing employee gratis
Cash rep sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 18, 2015
Victoria is a great company with lots of great opportunities.
At the start of every shift your 'warmed' up by a manger who goes through all the saes and deals and what's happening in the store that day. Management was great overall but I feel that they don't take care of their employees. Training is very short and I found with my store manager she was very passive aggressive and rude towards the employees if they didn't make her money. The hardest part of the job is getting sales. You need to be efficient and able to multitask and communicate with multiple customers and deliver the best customer service experience in order to make a sale and create customers for life. The best part of the job was the employee gratis. Every month employees were able to get a free item or a discount on merchandise.
Pros
Pot lock lunches, great disounts, amazing oppertunities
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  toronto, onOctober 5, 2015
fun place to work, with supportive management
Store does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment
work
Pink, Sales Associate and Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  markvill mallMarch 22, 2015
show up to work on time get the beauty belt and head set ready
hit the sales floor
then immediately we are reminded about how much we need to sell per hour
which has now been pushed so much customers think we are commission
its lead to sales associates saying their name way too much and bombarding customers that have been already assisted by other associates

hardest part of the job is the selling culture
im great at multi tasking so i am able to keep my zone fully organized ie; ROYGBVd drawers panties in order and table tops stocked
while helping customers and preventing any unwanted angels from shop lifting
but the selling culture of name exchange can be awkward
and leads to loss of sales or stress of sales

i love the store environment
i love my managers
Pros
love the product and store
Cons
selling culture
Everyone was quite nice to me. Everyone who worked there always encouraged each other to better themselves.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova ScotiaMarch 20, 2015
Like most days in sales, you serve the customer as best as you can. Some days suck, maybe because you don't feel well or that just some customers literally are too much to handle. This was my first job in sales and all in all it was not bad. I got to learn how the sales industry works.

Managers were fine, but they are your boss so it's much more relaxed around your co-workers.

Hardest part was learning quickly so I can live up to the VS standards.

Overall, it was a nice experience, but if I every want to work sales again I think I want to go in my comfort zone of sporting goods.
Pros
benefits, every month there is an item that is either free or very cheap for the employees, and after three months of work you get a long list of items that you can have.
Cons
i mean it's sales, it's not everyones cup of tea.
Glad I got the experience, but I wouldn't recommend.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 17, 2015
Initially, I was very excited to start my new part-time job at Victoria's Secret, especially because it was a brand new store. I soon realized it wasn't all that people think it is.

A typical day at work consists of a typical day in retail. You must greet, help, and basically pester every customer in your view. (This gets bad on Saturdays when we are over-staffed and customers begin to get very annoyed). I have worked in customer service before, so this wasn't too new to me. What was new was the pressure by the management and company, and a $200 per hour average sales goal. Which if you do not reach three months in a row you are fired.

The management is only average, if not below average. Many people have quit solely on not liking our managers. They all know what they are doing, but almost all of them are condescending when it comes to something like our sales goals. Only one has made me feel genuinely good about myself and my progress. Besides the one; no encouragement, rarely any praise without a catch (wanting you to boost your sales), and more often than not they just become plain rude.
It is hard for people to get rid of or trade shifts, even for important things such as family weddings and other significant events. There have also been instances of being scheduled completely outside of availability.

Co-workers for me are not a problem at all. I love all the girls that I work with and it really is a fun but also productive atmosphere. We get things done and help each other. My coworkers, wage, and gratis are the only things keeping me at the store.

I will
  more... admit that I have learned a lot in the short time I have had this job, such as how to be a better sales associate, how to work on a team, and perspective on how management can be. All said, I'm glad I took the job and am still sticking at it, but I no longer recommend people try to apply here.  less
Pros
Good wage for part time, gratis and discounts, love the coworkers, many customers to help
Cons
Management, high pressure on sales goal
Enjoyable
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 4, 2015
Great workplace with amazing coworkers. The management team was very supportive and understanding. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
All of my coworkers were very genuine
Fun workplace environment with intense training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMay 4, 2015
This job was thoroughly enjoyable. The training was highly intensive so you learned the products really fast and you learned a lot from this job.
The management was a little bit too intense. They had unrealistically high expectations of sales goals without a true commission-based environment. The job would have been much more enjoyable without the harsh criticism and the feeling that management was always looking over your shoulder and judging your every move.
Pros
Perks, Friendly staff
Cons
Hours Vary, Harsh Management
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 17, 2015
Typical day at work: Service customers needs, build relationships, clean the store in between customers, reach sales goal of $250/hour

What I've learned: Finding out the need behind the need (ex: service their needs as to why they initially came into the store, as well with another need they may need it for that they never thought about)

Management: They coach you well on how to achieve your sales goals and how to better connect with your customers so that they leave the store having a memorable experience

Co-workers: very easy to get along with and connect with

Hardest part of the job: During the day on a weekday when business is slower, it's harder to reach your sales goal. Your weekly hours are based on your sales, hence if you don't maintain a SPAH of $250, you'll receive less hours for the following week.

The most enjoyable part of the job: fun/up beat vibes, able to be myself and transpire my personality through my work.
Victoria secrets
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 20, 2015
A typically day at Victoria secret was being on your feet and helping out in customer service. I learnt customer service, ordering, organizing the store and shipment. Staying after hours and getting the store ready for the next morning. The part enjoyable part of my job was organizing and making the store look presentable.
Fun and inclusive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 1, 2015
Working for Victoria's Secret has allowed me to encounter many different, inviting people that allowed me to join their team with friendly handshakes and "How do you do?"'s. Training to be a sales associate has been rewarding, considering all of the customer service and organizational skills I have learned and incorporated into my working.
The hardest part of the job is the memory component - specifically, remembering where all of the product (such as certain bras and perfumes) resides in the store. There are many different sections, and Victoria's Secret comes out with new lines of product often enough to slightly confuse their associates with placement of items.
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customers with their purchases and enriching their shopping experience overall. I enjoy helping the customers find exactly what they're looking for - not only does it benefit them, but it benefits the sales associate as well; it gives me a sense of reward and accomplishment.
Overall, working at Victoria's Secret has been a rewarding experience that I recommend highly to anyone who has some previous customer service background.
Pros
welcoming co-workers, organized management, rewarding environment
Cons
memorization of placement of product, unhappy customers