Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Very enjoyable work enviroment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 April 2016
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
short or few hours of work
Great experience for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2015
A typical day would be showing up for you shift, signing in and meeting with the manager to discuss your position on the floor.
Once assigned a room ie room 1, 2 or 3 or being placed in fitting rooms you go to work.
Pros
Fun place to work, if you're a good worker you get raises
Cons
Call-in shifts, co-workers are rude, everyone for themselves
Fast paced and a lot to learn
Associate/Stock associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 March 2015
Other people will have a different view of the job, but it is just not for me. I currently do not feel like I fit in with this environment, nor do I feel like the management even likes me and it is ruining my entire experience with my job.

You have to have knowledge about the company, the products in which you have to work with. If you're on the floor, you have to keep everything organised as well as greet every customer. Make sure you match every customer with what they need. I mostly worked in the back and there is always LOTS of work. It wouldn't be so bad if some of my coworkers were knowledgeable as well, it's hard to find products if they don't know what they're describing for a backstock check.

Management is pretty good except for when it comes to me. I personally feel attacked pretty much every day and it ruins my perception of what it would be like if I was an outsider.

The hardest part of my job is honestly dealing with people constantly telling me what I'm doing isn't good enough. Ha.

And the best part would be the benefits for sure.
Everyone was quite nice to me. Everyone who worked there always encouraged each other to better themselves.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia20 March 2015
Like most days in sales, you serve the customer as best as you can. Some days suck, maybe because you don't feel well or that just some customers literally are too much to handle. This was my first job in sales and all in all it was not bad. I got to learn how the sales industry works.

Managers were fine, but they are your boss so it's much more relaxed around your co-workers.

Hardest part was learning quickly so I can live up to the VS standards.

Overall, it was a nice experience, but if I every want to work sales again I think I want to go in my comfort zone of sporting goods.
Pros
Benefits, every month there is an item that is either free or very cheap for the employees, and after three months of work you get a long list of items that you can have.
Cons
I mean it's sales, it's not everyones cup of tea.
Organized company, with effective management guidelines to attract top talent
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 February 2015
A typical day in this role, and in this company, requires you to wear many different hats. I spend most of my scheduled time on the salesfloor, overseeing daily activities and ensuring maximum productivity from all team members. I take ownership of assigned categories and their metrics, creating and executing compelling visual merchandising strategies and leading effective salesfloor behaviors to drive optimum store results. I am responsible for merchandise flow, and execute floor moves as needed. The hardest part of my job is working within and managing a large, and diverse team, but it is also one of the most rewarding aspects of the role. The company overall is highly invested in their employees, with frequent workshops dedicated to management team members to further enhance their skills. There is clear succession planning, and frequent opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Company demonstrates investment in their employees, frequent training and management education workshops, competitive salary, positive work environment
Cons
Company communication
Bra Specialist At Victoria's Secret
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 August 2016
I am currently working as a bra specialist at Victoria's Secret, it is one of my favorite jobs so far. Working in the fitting rooms have been a challenge because I am dealing with all types of bodies which forces me to have an open mind and not discriminate. I have also gotten the courage and a lot of retail experience, reading customers cues and body language.
productive and fun work environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2016
I always work as Cashier. what I am doing is handled all customer payment and reconciled of cash accounts. It is fun that you can talk with customers but sometimes you will work under pressure since there is line over the counter.
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
busy and work under pressure
Great work place
Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick2 August 2016
A great company to work, everyone is really supportive and positive. It's always fun and every day is something different. Management is always super encouraging and there to help you learn and grow.
Fun and productive place to work especailly if you need something simple
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB23 May 2016
A lot of standing, and interacting with people you wear all black so it's very slick but over all it can be a nice place to work
Pros
free or discounted appreal
Cons
Productive and high performance environment
Sales & Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 March 2016
I love my job at Victoria's Secret. My co-workers are enjoyable to work with and I love the high performance environment because I feel there is always something you can be doing and there are always goals to be met. The hardest part is probably dealing with "difficult" customers. There are always those types of customers at any job and it can be challenging figuring out how to handle it but also rewarding when you know you've done your best to rectify the situation. The most enjoyable part is getting acknowledged for all the work you've done. My manages are always recognizing good work and its rewarding and comforting knowing you're appreciated for doing a great job.
Pros
the environment/culture
Cons
piggy back shifts
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
a lot of measuring and shelf-organizing involved; some heavy lifting of merchandise in the back rooms. management and coworkers are amazing. hardest part would be cleaning up after the customers' mess. enjoyable part would be the discounts on products.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
fast passed
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 September 2016
Love working with and meeting new people while assisting them, fast passed and always new things to learn everyday. Great way to build customer service skills.
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 August 2016
Learnt a lot through direct sales in and industry and environment of solely women. i loved it at Victorias Secret and as i said learnt a tonne
okay retail position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 July 2016
enjoyable to begin with hectic during sales management is alright culd be run better but the employees were great good playful atmosphere and funny customers
Fun, fast paced
Temporary Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 November 2015
Fun place to work, with some supportive management.
Recently became a high selling environment, with some unrealistic expectations for new employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up new displays with colleagues and helping customers find comfortable, supportive, and exciting product. The company is always growing and expanding. You're always learning something new every day. There was a lot of variety in what I did every day, from small tasks, to large and sometimes challenging take down and set ups.
Pros
great discount, free merchandise
Cons
long hours, some very difficult management
Productive and fun workplace
Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 June 2016
The most enjoyable part is working with such fun people, who never fail to make you smile, have fun but also work while your enjoying your time. Typical day includes helping customers with anything that they may need. While also replenishing the merchandise and help freshening up the store, and other various tasks that may need to be done.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
rude customers
Fun and inclusive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 January 2015
Working for Victoria's Secret has allowed me to encounter many different, inviting people that allowed me to join their team with friendly handshakes and "How do you do?"'s. Training to be a sales associate has been rewarding, considering all of the customer service and organizational skills I have learned and incorporated into my working.
The hardest part of the job is the memory component - specifically, remembering where all of the product (such as certain bras and perfumes) resides in the store. There are many different sections, and Victoria's Secret comes out with new lines of product often enough to slightly confuse their associates with placement of items.
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customers with their purchases and enriching their shopping experience overall. I enjoy helping the customers find exactly what they're looking for - not only does it benefit them, but it benefits the sales associate as well; it gives me a sense of reward and accomplishment.
Overall, working at Victoria's Secret has been a rewarding experience that I recommend highly to anyone who has some previous customer service background.
Pros
Welcoming co-workers, Organized Management, Rewarding environment
Cons
Memorization of placement of Product, Unhappy customers
Uplifting Work Enviorment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 January 2016
It is a great work place.
The individual experiences you create for guests is memorable, it feels very rewarding to have the chance to make a woman love her body.
The girls I work with and have meet through this job have become amazing friends, it became more than a workplace, it has become a home. Management was easy to approach in any situation, each have their strong points but they are always there to talk.
The environment is a judge-free zone. We are there to create an uplifting experience and we end up lifting up each other at the same time.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a guest the way you would like too, it takes more than a pretty piece of lingerie to get your confidence back-it takes your whole mind before your whole body to feel beautiful. So when a woman is in that mindset sometimes it is hard to get her to come out of it.
Great work environment with a outgoing, friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
Typical, there store was a fast-paced environment, but the job was enjoyable. I loved being able to assist customers into their desired products, as well as inspiring them to try new products.

I learned how to cater to the needs of other people while still being able to help them explore new options. I learned how to work at my best in my own unique way, which enabled me to work at my best potential.

My managerial staff was wonderful. They were approachable, and I felt comfortable asking them questions. They gave great constructive criticism and were very discrete and professional when it came to my performance.

I had friendly, supportive coworkers who quickly became workplace friends. I was able to rely on them, and we all worked well together as a team to ensure the store was running as smoothly as possible.

The hardest part of the job was to book days off. We were asked to book weeks to months in advance. And although we were often over-staffed, it was difficult to receive even a couple of days, and often times, it was denied. It was especially stressful when trying to book times off for school exams or for vacation time.
Pros
Awesome working environment with an equally wonderful team
Cons
Not really any cons. Just difficulty booking time off.
A busy but yet fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmotnon, AB18 January 2016
I would start at 6am and we would get right to doing a shipment, usually like 12 boxes of panties had to go out and then later on we would push all the bras to the floor. I learned how to work in a big company, that it takes effort and time to communicate to management because my job has over 100 employees. I never had a problem with a single co-worker, I have made many new friends since starting this job. The hardest part would be my one manager, she's a little harsh and very pushy and likes to yell at us a lot but besides that that I love all the managers. Standing on my feet for 10 hours is pretty tough sometimes. The most enjoyable would be helping customers and especially women find something that they feel comfortable in and that fits their bodies right and also helping them gain confidence with their bodies.
Pros
Flexible hours-free stuff-buy in's-great environment
Cons
Long days-harsh boss-call in's