Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free bra's
Cons: not enough hours
It was my first retail job and I loved it. I was hired when the store first opened in Halifax, everyone was very excited and we had a dynamic work team. The managers are laid back and the company in general motivates their employees alot! If like to have fun with a bunch of girls then you should definitely work here!
always tons of work to be done
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), CanadaFebruary 2, 2014
good place to work, unfortunately doesn't pay very well and has some management issues
fun-loving
Sales Support (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: they give you free product so that you can give your customers your personal testimony, everyone that worked there were kind hearted people.
Cons: you only get a week notice for your work schedule.
Victoria's Secret was the best job I have had so far!. It was fun and I did not feel stressed about going into work. Even though you were able to have fun and be yourself the work still got done. If you ever had a problem you just had to go talk to the manager and they would do everything they could to solve it.
great at first, then management changed...
Beauty and Sales Associate (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 21, 2014
It became very difficult to work for this company once the management changed, due to the fact that my work shifts became 80% call ins.
Productive company
Beauties Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Being able to deliver the customer satisfaction the reputable company already holds.
Productive place with new faces to meet everyday
Sales Support & Stock Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 4, 2013
With a stock associate usually shifts start at six in the morning or you have a closing shift. Usually as a team we do a full push of all our shipment that came in that morning and make sure the store is up to standards. For the almost two months I've been there, I've learned the many types of bras for her, and how to reinforce the sale by connecting with her and making sure she is satisfied. Management is a great team, very approachable just like the co-workers I work with.
Hardest part of the job is most likely when the store is really busy and we have to maintain the drawers and stands so that they are neat for customers to shop in. The most enjoyable part of my job is the new people I get to meet everyday, co-workers and customers.
Last place i would work for again
Cashier/Beauty (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 4, 2013
it was very organized and the managers at the time were very caddy and played favouritism.. it just wasn't an enjoyable place to be. EVER
fun work place with right team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2013
Pros: 10 dolla bras
Cons: call in shifts
management needs to be worked on but is a perfect job with the right team
Victoria Secret not so glam
Bra Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work was pretty hectic the store was brand new to Toronto and could be very over whelming with the amount of people that would be in the store at once. I learned to be more aware of my surroundings and to be able to talk to different kinds of people and customers. I also learned to balance work and school at the same time. The management was not great here as the store was brand new and policies and values were not yet clearly defined.They were rude to their employees and were also condescending to staff. There were over 200 employees when I started and they were all very different, some very down to earth others very outspoken, I also learned to handle intense situations with calmness and kindness not to escalate things.
Great environment, most of the time.
Bra Specialist (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioAugust 12, 2013
For the most part, it is an amazing place to work; great discounts, a diverse group of employees.
All work places have their faults... VS included.
the environment of the store is nice and its great to communicate with people, help them, and smile.
Sales Stocker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2013
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: seasonal only
Working in Victoria Secret its a fun experience for me. Even its a short time. I enjoy tidying up clothes and putting them back whenever it needed to be. I enjoy being with people and helping them. Greetings them saying hello. The experience is great.
A Fun Environment
Sales Support (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2013
The company poorly managed their resources by hiring too many employees. Many employees lacked hours, due to the surplus of individuals that work for them. Job security seemed to be an issue at the specific location I was employed at. Other than that it was a fantastic experience!
Victoria Secret
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: fun people
Cons: short breaks
Typical day at work is to clock in and check in with sales manager. Take inventory and make sure it is in its sorted order for efficient sales on the floor. Coworkers were awesome.
Upbeat fun place to work with supportive team environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 29, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: schedule issues
When I first started at PINK was when the store first opened. Everyone was super friendly and willing to make new friends!
The managers were very supportive and approchable and taught me many things.
The experience working with the general public has helped me integrate into the university life by making me confident about meeting new people and helping people succeed.
Goal driven environment with good training
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 10, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: very early mornings, sometimes made to stay late after shift.
I benefitted from the high level of training that the company gives. They ensure that you are given the product knowledge and information to succeed. I hate met lots of great coworkers and appreciate the experiences I have gained through worker at VS. A lot is expected from employees which is good, but still am only making minimum wage.
Productive, fun.
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Toronto ON - Yorkdale MallApril 6, 2013
I would re-stock the shelves and manage the stock room. I learned how to be organized and I learned a lot about lingerie, the hardest part of the job was telling the slight difference between certain shades of the same color, the most enjoyable part of the job we're the satisfied customers.
Easy going and accommodating fun workplace
Beauty Consultant and Bra Specialist (Current Employee), London, OntarioApril 2, 2013
It is a fantastic job whilst achieving my educational goals. It is easy going but still provides enough responsibility to feel challenged and occupied during a shift. The managers are outgoing, fun and motivating and ultimately I enjoy my experience and time while working at Victoria's Secret.
Wonderful people to work with and great positive environment
Cash (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2013
Pros: great environment, great people, fast paced
Cons: not enough pay
During the week is not very busy, thursday to sunday is super busy and yet you don't really feel any stress that's how good working at Victoria's Secret is. Fast paced environment with support from management in many different ways. Management is very comprehensive, friendly and caring for the well being of all of their employees. Customers are always happy and excited about the brand and products. Everything is great... except for the pay.
Fun workplace, great staff.
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Polo Park Shopping Center, Winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2013
Pros: the employee discount on their lovely feminine product.
Cons: working til 12am on a sunday or getting one shift a week.
A typical day at work would be checking for stock. Put away any new shipment and organizing everything by size, color, and collection. The managers are all wonderful and really look out for you and for you to do your best. The hardest part of the job is working til 12am on certain days and you have to be available to work til 12am at least 3 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting out onto the floor, helping the customer with whatever they need. Seeing that customer purchase the items you personally helped them with.
this is an amazing place to work at. will truly boost your self confidence.
Sales Support (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 18, 2013
happy place to work with the shipments with the co workers singing and dancing makes working so happy and faster to finish.

About Victoria's Secret

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll – Read more

Victoria's Secret Photos