Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Good work environment but no hours.
Product display and management of inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
I enjoy my job but am unwilling to accept the hours. I need to contribute to my family and this position is not fulfilling those requirements. The position really caters to the young and not for those who have more responsibilities. The management and co-workers are good and I have enjoyed me employment with them.
Pros
I do have flexibility with the organization.
Cons
Short hours.
fast passed
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 September 2016
Love working with and meeting new people while assisting them, fast passed and always new things to learn everyday. Great way to build customer service skills.
productive and fun work environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2016
I always work as Cashier. what I am doing is handled all customer payment and reconciled of cash accounts. It is fun that you can talk with customers but sometimes you will work under pressure since there is line over the counter.
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
busy and work under pressure
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 August 2016
Learnt a lot through direct sales in and industry and environment of solely women. i loved it at Victorias Secret and as i said learnt a tonne
Bra Specialist At Victoria's Secret
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 August 2016
I am currently working as a bra specialist at Victoria's Secret, it is one of my favorite jobs so far. Working in the fitting rooms have been a challenge because I am dealing with all types of bodies which forces me to have an open mind and not discriminate. I have also gotten the courage and a lot of retail experience, reading customers cues and body language.
Great work place
Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick2 August 2016
A great company to work, everyone is really supportive and positive. It's always fun and every day is something different. Management is always super encouraging and there to help you learn and grow.
VS in a blurb
Merchandising Supervisor/Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 July 2016
Overall a great company to work for. They have provided me with excessive experience in my field of passion; visual merchandising. I have learned a lot about the success of the company and how I, as part of the management team, contribute to it in multiple ways. I love creating and executing floor ma[s and visual changes on a daily basis and Victoria's Secret gives you lots of practice and experience by molding and evolving visually as the brand continues to grow.
okay retail position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 July 2016
enjoyable to begin with hectic during sales management is alright culd be run better but the employees were great good playful atmosphere and funny customers
No hours. Hypocritical management. Competitive environment.
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 June 2016
Although I loved working with my customers to find exactly what they needed, the management was very poor and we were frequently told to do better and work harder by the manager even though we would work our hardest and she was stealing our sales. It's a very competitive place to work as you fight for sales and your bonus. As a cashier, we would only bonus if the store did well. We got a bonus check once the whole time I worked there. I asked to switch to sales so I could get a chance to sell more and because I was good at it. The manager said yes and never switched me. I stayed as a cashier. I asked 3 more times and she said yes each time but never bothered to change my position. Your hours will always be inconsistent and the "on call" concept, although a good idea for the company if someone calls in sick, is a terrible impact on your life outside of work. As for the amount of hours, good luck getting some. There are 2 full time staff and majority of the staff who wanted full time ended up having to find a second job because no one would be given hours. The ratio of staff to hours able to be given is very poor. The only couple perks I found with my job was the scattered coworkers who didn't act fake and the free/very large discounted items every month. But they select the free item for you.
Cons
Poor management and hours.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
a lot of measuring and shelf-organizing involved; some heavy lifting of merchandise in the back rooms. management and coworkers are amazing. hardest part would be cleaning up after the customers' mess. enjoyable part would be the discounts on products.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage

Want to know more about Victoria's Secret?

Ask a question
Great work environment with a outgoing, friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
Typical, there store was a fast-paced environment, but the job was enjoyable. I loved being able to assist customers into their desired products, as well as inspiring them to try new products.

I learned how to cater to the needs of other people while still being able to help them explore new options. I learned how to work at my best in my own unique way, which enabled me to work at my best potential.

My managerial staff was wonderful. They were approachable, and I felt comfortable asking them questions. They gave great constructive criticism and were very discrete and professional when it came to my performance.

I had friendly, supportive coworkers who quickly became workplace friends. I was able to rely on them, and we all worked well together as a team to ensure the store was running as smoothly as possible.

The hardest part of the job was to book days off. We were asked to book weeks to months in advance. And although we were often over-staffed, it was difficult to receive even a couple of days, and often times, it was denied. It was especially stressful when trying to book times off for school exams or for vacation time.
Pros
Awesome working environment with an equally wonderful team
Cons
Not really any cons. Just difficulty booking time off.
Productive and fun workplace
Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 June 2016
The most enjoyable part is working with such fun people, who never fail to make you smile, have fun but also work while your enjoying your time. Typical day includes helping customers with anything that they may need. While also replenishing the merchandise and help freshening up the store, and other various tasks that may need to be done.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
rude customers
Fun and Great atmosphere
Sales Specialist/Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 May 2016
Sales and Event Specialist for Victoria Secret part time.
Flexible work hours
great sales team
great support from collegues
Fun and productive place to work especailly if you need something simple
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB23 May 2016
A lot of standing, and interacting with people you wear all black so it's very slick but over all it can be a nice place to work
Pros
free or discounted appreal
Positive Environment, Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
great co workers,easy to get along with, great benefits and selling incentives, learned not only selling, but visual displays and stock and shipment as well
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
Positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2016
Great Company
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2016
Great people, hard working team and is a brand that refuses to settle or be complacent. Overall a great work environment.
productive and fun
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 April 2016
The staff are kind and easy to get along with, they all work as a team. management helps set goals for you and makes sure you reach them, they let you know where you are when trying to reach your overall goal and your daily sales goal.
Pros
some paid breaks
Cons
not a lot of hours, shipment shifts often get cancelled
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 April 2016
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
short or few hours of work
fun workplace
Part-Time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2016
There as always something to do.
I learned a lot about fitting bras with different shapes and sizes of women.
Management was a little unstable never kept one too long.
great co workers.
hardest part was when we didn't have a manger and had to learn thing which were not part of my position
Love helping people find the right sizes
Pros
great staff
Cons
change in management often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.