Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 June 2016
The most enjoyable part is working with such fun people, who never fail to make you smile, have fun but also work while your enjoying your time. Typical day includes helping customers with anything that they may need. While also replenishing the merchandise and help freshening up the store, and other various tasks that may need to be done.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
rude customers
Great experience for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2015
A typical day would be showing up for you shift, signing in and meeting with the manager to discuss your position on the floor.
Once assigned a room ie room 1, 2 or 3 or being placed in fitting rooms you go to work.
Pros
Fun place to work, if you're a good worker you get raises
Cons
Call-in shifts, co-workers are rude, everyone for themselves
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 August 2016
Learnt a lot through direct sales in and industry and environment of solely women. i loved it at Victorias Secret and as i said learnt a tonne
Challenging, fast pace and very high sales expectancy
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
Victoria's Secret is a great place to work if you are up for a challenge. A typical day at VS requires you to have a certain amount of transactions per hour as well as target, it is very fast paced and requires you to know your products as well as connecting with your customers and making sure that they are satisfied. Working at VS has taught me to step outside of comfort zone and push myself beyond my limits seeing that prior to working there I was in a very relaxed environment where I had my clientele built and attracted others by using the techniques that I learned from my present clients. The team environment is great, meanwhile it is competitive , we all work together for one common goal. The most challenging part of the job is achieving and maintaining the transactions per hour expectations, meanwhile it is possible to achieve it is very challenging because many customers come in just wanting to check out the store or are just in to grab something that they've already gotten. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when a customer is satisfied with me, knowing that I go above and beyond to make sure that she gets exactly what she is looking for while adding my own suggestions is something I thrive to achieve each shift.
Pros
The manager is very encouraging
Cons
Not enough hours
Wonderful place to learn about female products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 March 2016
Typical retail experience with its ups and downs with customers not getting what they want, or complaining that product was too expensive, or cheap in material. It was a brand new store that opened up just before Christmas season. It was a minimum wage if you were seasonal, and you got about 13-14 an hour if you were a regular employee. We were slammed with customers, and it was usually a sink or swim situation, and we had to constantly call on the managers. Managers would take a long time to speak with customers, and then it would make us look bad. Apparently, the managers also had a tendency to gossip about their employees, and they had their favorite sales associate, where they would give them more shifts than others. There was an issue with the store and it was never solved with me. So I don't know if it would be a good idea for me to reapply to that location. Co-workers were fun to work with that I was able to relate to, even though I never talked to a lot of them. Got a 30% discount but I never really used it since I'm plus sized. If there was a special sale going on, we were only allowed to either use our discount on regular products or we had to buy the discounted products at the current moment. Overall I loved the environment of this store and I would love to work in this store again.
Pros
Learning about female lingerie
Cons
Management bad mouthing employees
Not awful
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2016
Was a good place to work at first and then they cut hours so I was getting 2 shifts a month when I was promised 22 hours a week. Management was okay, but acted as if they were better than you and definitely picked favorites.
Seasonal Full Time Sales Associate
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 January 2015
During a typical day of work I would either work on the sales floor or in the back room. I enjoyed the backroom because I got to work at my own pace and fold clothes and do the markdowns. I found this most relaxing and time flew by. But, most days I would be on the sales floor selling products to customers and maintaining and organizing the product. We had an incentive to sell $300 of product every hour so I found this more stressful. Overall management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Although,after this experience I learned that working in retail is not for me.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and long hours.
Cons
Slow days due to overbooking staff with not enough tasks to be done or customers in store.
Fast paced and a lot to learn
Associate/Stock associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 March 2015
Other people will have a different view of the job, but it is just not for me. I currently do not feel like I fit in with this environment, nor do I feel like the management even likes me and it is ruining my entire experience with my job.

You have to have knowledge about the company, the products in which you have to work with. If you're on the floor, you have to keep everything organised as well as greet every customer. Make sure you match every customer with what they need. I mostly worked in the back and there is always LOTS of work. It wouldn't be so bad if some of my coworkers were knowledgeable as well, it's hard to find products if they don't know what they're describing for a backstock check.

Management is pretty good except for when it comes to me. I personally feel attacked pretty much every day and it ruins my perception of what it would be like if I was an outsider.

The hardest part of my job is honestly dealing with people constantly telling me what I'm doing isn't good enough. Ha.

And the best part would be the benefits for sure.
Qorking at Victoria Secret
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2016
Victoria’s Secret is an iconic specialty retail brand that needs no introduction. Thename is equivalent to all things feminine and sexy including our intimate apparel, sleepwear and beauty products.
Pros
They discount is decent. The management is supper understanding.
Cons
A lot of information to know and it requires you to be able to think on your feet and fast.
The VS Life
Sales Support/Brand Guide Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 February 2015
A typical day at Victoria's Secret is filled with simple but multiple tasks that revolve around the lingerie and sleep culture. Unless it is Christmas time or you are a part of management, you won't be there for a very long day, 5 hours at most. This is helpful for your legs and back, not so much for your wallet. Unfortunately it is extremely part-time, and small amounts of hours are split between a mass of associates. It is mostly women working at Victoria's Secret, with the exception of a few males, so personalities can clash and you may not agree with everything everyone says or tells you to do; typical in most workplaces I find.
There isn't anything physically hard about working here, it can just be frustrating with 7 managers (especially when they are all there at the same time) because you get told several different things at one time and you don't want to disappoint any of them.
I enjoy the brand (merchandising) portion of my job at Victoria's Secret and, of course, the great deals and free-bees!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Hours
Fun place to work.
SALES AND SUPPORT GENERALIST (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2015
Fun place to work alongside my colleagues. A lot of support from the team which made it easy to learn & grow. Management needs a lot more improvement. My favourite part of the job was being able to work with such great people & also being able to connect with customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was being able adjust with all the changes the company was going through.
Pros
Very friendly co-workers
Cons
Unstable management team
Excellent, supportive sales people. Very good training.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Burnaby B.C.21 February 2016
A typical day at work was extremely fast paced and busy which I enjoyed.
There are a lot of different managers which always means someone is available to help when you are knew.
Hardest part of the job was poor floor training.
Also, when my term of employment ended I was simply removed from the schedule. Not one single manager spoke with me, called me or returned my calls. I simply received a thank you card in the mail.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and the other sales people.
Fun and Great atmosphere
Sales Specialist/Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 May 2016
Sales and Event Specialist for Victoria Secret part time.
Flexible work hours
great sales team
great support from collegues
Would like it better if management stuck to policies.
Cash Wrap (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2015
Management will NEVER back you up when it comes to a customer giving an associate a hard time. I work cash, which is where all of the angry customers come to in order to get their way, and of course, they always do. After having argued with a customer over promotions, or if they demand a gift with purchase when they are under the limit, management will always give the customer what they want and make you look like an idiot for enforcing the proper policies and promotions. When it comes to the weekly schedule, it is always LATE. The schedule is supposed to be posted on Monday, but at my store, it isn't posted until Wednesday or Thursday. Today is Wednesday and it is no surprise that the schedule isn't posted for next week yet. On top of that, booking time off is literally like sacrificing a limb for them. They give you such a hard time when you have an event on a weekend or a doctors appointment during the week. Management has even threatened to start writing employees up for taking time off. WE ARE ENTITLED TO VACATION DAYS. The only good thing about this job are my fellow co-workers, the discount, and the fact that it pays my tuition. Other than that, VS is only good place to shop.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 February 2016
hours sucked along with management. customers were usually very rude because the sales we had werent as good as other bra and pantie shops.
Interesting Place to Work
High Velocity Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 January 2016
As far as first time jobs go, this one was decent. As a seasonal employee I spent most of my shifts fixing displays and doing go backs (putting products back on display after they have been in the change rooms). My only complaint is how isolated I felt while working there. Only a few coworkers would say hi or talk to me in the break room, everyone else already knew each other and had formed their "circles". So aside from feeling like there were cliques amongst my coworkers, it was a pretty easy and fun job.
Pros
employee discount, easy job, fun
Cons
coworkers
Great Company
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2016
Great people, hard working team and is a brand that refuses to settle or be complacent. Overall a great work environment.
Fun Place to work with good products to sell
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2016
It is a busy, huge retail store, which is trying to be the best they can. I learned a lot about how a store works, how to deal with money and the issues faced in a big retail store. I also learned how customers are different and demand attention.
It is a good place to work however it is not my field. I am learning a lot and definitely will use a lot of the skills acquired there in my next job.
Pros
Fun, beautiful, a lot to learn as employee and as customer
Cons
Not my field, new managers
Good company to work for
Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 January 2016
Good company to work for. Learn a lot about luxury item selling. Very fast paced, expect to be running around a lot to assist customers.
Pros
good knowledge, perks
Cons
Great company values but poor management
Operations and Staffing (Current Employee) –  Toronto21 April 2015
I loved the values this company trains their employees on. However if upper level management is not "by the book" it creates a a negative experience. Several rules were not followed which created conflict and confusion for elevated associates as well as sales associates.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance, management