Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2016
great co workers,easy to get along with, great benefits and selling incentives, learned not only selling, but visual displays and stock and shipment as well
Fast-paced work environment.
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 September 2016
A typical day at work consists of replenishing the store folding panties, doing go-backs, and connecting with multiple costumers. Working as part time sales support generalist you have to work hard so that management notices your initiate to the store that way they give you more hours. However I found that the management do have favourites. Full time associates are treated better than part time associates. Shifts as a part time support generalist often range from 3 hour shifts to 5 hour shifts and you would be given less than 20 hours a week. Sometimes you would even be given 3 hours a week which is extremely un-easy and left me feeling hopeless and not knowing if I would be able to pay for upcoming bills.Besides inconsistent hours what I enjoyed the most working here was helping costumers on their bra journey and working together as a team with my co-workers to make the selling environment a great place to work. Another downside I would say is that management does take advantage of associates, most of the time recognition of hard work is un-seen on a constant basis which management really needs to work on to make sure every associate feels well respected throughout the store. Overall the love and support from my co-workers made me stay around for as long as I did which was the only thing that made me enjoy working at Victoria's Secret.
Pros
Buy-ins, Friendly close-knit co-workers.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, shifts getting cancelled, unsatisfactory pay.
Opportunity to work for global brand
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
Opportunity to further develop retail and management knowledge in a high volume fast paced environment. Provided me the opportunity to deal with a diverse range of clients.
Good work environment but no hours.
Product display and management of inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
I enjoy my job but am unwilling to accept the hours. I need to contribute to my family and this position is not fulfilling those requirements. The position really caters to the young and not for those who have more responsibilities. The management and co-workers are good and I have enjoyed me employment with them.
Pros
I do have flexibility with the organization.
Cons
Short hours.
No hours. Hypocritical management. Competitive environment.
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 June 2016
Although I loved working with my customers to find exactly what they needed, the management was very poor and we were frequently told to do better and work harder by the manager even though we would work our hardest and she was stealing our sales. It's a very competitive place to work as you fight for sales and your bonus. As a cashier, we would only bonus if the store did well. We got a bonus check once the whole time I worked there. I asked to switch to sales so I could get a chance to sell more and because I was good at it. The manager said yes and never switched me. I stayed as a cashier. I asked 3 more times and she said yes each time but never bothered to change my position. Your hours will always be inconsistent and the "on call" concept, although a good idea for the company if someone calls in sick, is a terrible impact on your life outside of work. As for the amount of hours, good luck getting some. There are 2 full time staff and majority of the staff who wanted full time ended up having to find a second job because no one would be given hours. The ratio of staff to hours able to be given is very poor. The only couple perks I found with my job was the scattered coworkers who didn't act fake and the free/very large discounted items every month. But they select the free item for you.
Cons
Poor management and hours.
Productive and a fun environment to work in
Pink Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 April 2016
This company is a very upbeat environment with great benefits and opportunities of bonuses. It is also a competitive atmosphere which is fun at first.
Stay away!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 July 2016
Working at Victoria's Secret may seem like a dream job for the mean time, but I would stay away from working at Vaughan Mills mainly because there is a lot of favouritism from the managers. They will also tell you not to gossip but they will do it with their office doors wide open or even with the employees. They'll also bully you, especially in front of customers but then turn around and do the same thing (if not worse) and not get any backlash for it. They're on a power trip and are extremely hypocritical. They yell at you for low sales when they don't know how to sell themselves. They've also gone into the lunch room and yelled out how b*tchy and annoying their customers are and talk to customers like they're stupid when they don't know much English. In the beginning, they'll usually got paid to SIT AND GOSSIP in their offices when they should've been on the floor helping with put backs and sales. It has even gotten to the point where over 20 employees have reported them but nobody has gotten fired. That's how you know you're screwed either way haha.
Pros
Discounts and you make a lot of good friends
Cons
Managers are bullies
Fun and friendly work environment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2017
A typical day at Victoria's secret for a generalist is a fun and joyful day, which consists of either working at the cash wrap, cleaning the drawers, putting away go backs and placing stock from shipment on the floor. The hardest part of this job could be the hours, because you could start as early as 6am or even do an overnight shift.
Love my workplace!
Sale and Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 January 2017
Excellent understanding my Deaf Culture.
Interactive and Social Skills with Customers and Co-Workers.
Customers give out my shoutout name and positive comments about me to cashiers.

Zero problems.
Pros
Understanding my needs
Productive workplace
Seasonal Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Extremely clean environment and outstanding employees. Management was also excellent and overall it was a fun environment to work in.
Holiday season hiree
Cashier/Sales/Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2016
I didn't find the management to be encouraging or helpful. I felt like another number that didn't matter. When I struggled and asked for help in understanding I was treated like I bothered them or I was stupid. My hours were barely existent to pay bills and when I did work people were unfriendly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unfriendly staff and management with no hours available.
VS in a blurb
Merchandising Supervisor/Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 July 2016
Overall a great company to work for. They have provided me with excessive experience in my field of passion; visual merchandising. I have learned a lot about the success of the company and how I, as part of the management team, contribute to it in multiple ways. I love creating and executing floor ma[s and visual changes on a daily basis and Victoria's Secret gives you lots of practice and experience by molding and evolving visually as the brand continues to grow.
Amicable Workplace
Generalist Position, Victoria's Secret (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2016
It was a comfortable environment, although the management was not always excellent, everyone kept a positive mind and worked to reach a desirable result.
I gained a different perspective of what teamwork is about, and organizational tips.
Seasonal
Clothing Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 February 2017
Went for the bring your friend to work week, I wasn't really told what to do except fold clothes and no one told me what I needed to submit to get paid.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Wasn't told process for getting paid
productive and fun
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
Good place to work at you are always busy doing something, people are nice and helpful when you need it. everyone is nice. Training is good.
Pros
breaks and gratis
Cons
unreliable hours
Fast Paced
Sales Specialist and New Hire Mentor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2015
Fun job all-in-all.
Management makes a good point of ensuring that you're coached for performance
They put a lot of time and money into training
Advancement in the company is scarce, most of the management is recruited externally.
The way they choose salary is unexplainable, as many people with little experience will make more than others.
Pros
Team environment, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Salary, Advancement
fun team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
It was a fun team to work with. Managment was not so easy going when it came top sales. After sales goals were introduced, managers were on you for making sure your personal sales goal was reached.
Pros
free bras
event staff
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Cross iron mills Balzac Alberta11 January 2017
cleaning the change rooms
closing the store
opening the store
changing signs
color coding the clothes
Pros
free clothes
Cons
not much hours
Typical Day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
A typical day at work involves conversing with costumer, learning their wants and needs, finding theproduct, handling cash& maintaining the store.....
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 April 2016
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
short or few hours of work