Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good pay and nice team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts, gratisis, intensives
Cons: boring, retail, can be unfair
I enjoy working there completive but fun! Just need to be motivated to sell and have tough skin so you don't get annoyed by the management and sales specialist.
It was fun and exciting to work with the merchandise we loved
Lead Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee), EdmontonJanuary 19, 2015
It was a great place to work and learn. A lot of training for sales and customer service. I used to put to practice everyday marketing, managing girls to keep people for longer, solving problems quickly, adjusting to the market, fixing tills, re-arranging the floor, always training girls to make sure they could be used in different areas of the store.
It was always fun, selling stuff that I liked was the best part of the job.
The hardest part was that I didn't make enough to stay there longer and I had to move on.
Fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2015
I love working here , I loved this job this is what I enjoy. Sometimes it becomes competitive to reach sales goals because that's what everyone is working for to reach their sales goals. Co workers are amazing. they are friendly. Its more like a big working family
Seasonal Full Time Sales Associate
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers and long hours.
Cons: slow days due to overbooking staff with not enough tasks to be done or customers in store.
During a typical day of work I would either work on the sales floor or in the back room. I enjoyed the backroom because I got to work at my own pace and fold clothes and do the markdowns. I found this most relaxing and time flew by. But, most days I would be on the sales floor selling products to customers and maintaining and organizing the product. We had an incentive to sell $300 of product every hour so I found this more stressful. Overall management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Although,after this experience I learned that working in retail is not for me.
Team Based Environment
CASHIER, SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 5, 2015
- Worked as a team to ensure sale quotas were met
- Constant communication through walkie devices
- Learned how to engage and connect with customers to ensure they had a great buying experience
- Great, team based and friendly work environment
Fun and inclusive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: welcoming co-workers, organized management, rewarding environment
Cons: memorization of placement of product, unhappy customers
Working for Victoria's Secret has allowed me to encounter many different, inviting people that allowed me to join their team with friendly handshakes and "How do you do?"'s. Training to be a sales associate has been rewarding, considering all of the customer service and organizational skills I have learned and incorporated into my working.
The hardest part of the job is the memory component - specifically, remembering where all of the product (such as certain bras and perfumes) resides in the store. There are many different sections, and Victoria's Secret comes out with new lines of product often enough to slightly confuse their associates with placement of items.
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customers with their purchases and enriching their shopping experience overall. I enjoy helping the customers find exactly what they're looking for - not only does it benefit them, but it benefits the sales associate as well; it gives me a sense of reward and accomplishment.
Overall, working at Victoria's Secret has been a rewarding experience that I recommend highly to anyone who has some previous customer service background.
Customer consultations in fast-paced environment
Consultant/Bra Specialist (Former Employee), Square OneJanuary 1, 2015
inviting and welcoming customers to the store
ensuring customers find the exact item they are looking for
ensuring customers leave with the correct fit
sizing
visual merchandising must be done according to planogram
fast paced sales environment
handling cash registers
upselling
Everyday is different, nothing is ever boring.
Product Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2014
As a product manager, it is my responsibility to make sure the sales floor looks full and abundant. To hold my stock associate accountable to their daily task and to consistently coach them. I also have to be on the sales floor with a certain amount of sales goal weekly that i have to achieve. Being on the sales floor also helps me gain knowledge what is moving quickly with my products and what needs to change due to lack of sale. My brightest time of the day is making my staff laugh! We can still work and and play hard at the same time. Not forgetting to laugh once and awhile.
Fast paced and friendly work place.
Sales support staff (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day involves shipment processing and pushing the product onto the floor. Many early mornings that require you being ready to go at 6am. The management was very encouraging and would always be around to answer questions. Involves team work as well as being able to drop what you are doing to put the customer first. It has an enjoyable staff team.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/ Stylist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2014
I learned about detailed customer assistant and getting customers to feel very comfortable with their bodies and flaws. I created new needs and ideas for customers, expanding their wants. I was knowledgeable in products to give customers a feeling of confidence and satisfaction.
Convienient retail job
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2014
I am a cashier and I have enjoyed my time at Victorias Secret Canada but I am looking for more of a challenge and would love to move on to something different for a job.
I have learned how to deal with customer problems and help solve them as best as I can before needing further help from management
Salary Great
Category Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2014
Pros: discount, gratis, and buy ins
Cons: sometimes can feel just like an associate and not a manager
Upper Management does not get to know any of management team.
great coaching direction.
Not productive nor fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
a typical day at work sucked, it wasn't positive and i didn't like going there. You could say i dreaded working there
ljkm
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 5, 2014
It was very good. learned alot great experience
great co workers
nice staff
i liked being on cash
Great company, but management can make or break your experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: employee discount/gratis, making woman feel great by finding them the perfect fit, hours are great if your sales & availablility are great
Cons: management, crazy customers, unhygienic customers
I have worked with Victoria's Secret since October 2013. I opened with my team in November and I was so excited! Training was awesome, we trained at another store where we were able to experience first hand with experienced associates. In the beginning I thought things were great, we had a great team but when we opened our store things started to go down hill. Management was very unorganized, the STORE was unorganized, and associates and managers started quitting. The turnover rate of our store was ridiculous. We were without a store manager for several months after we opened, then we had a store manager join us for a few months, then SHE left, another few months went by without a store manager and things were chaotic. Overall, it may just be our store that is complete unorganized, not to company standards but yet whenever the district manager tells us what is wrong with our store the problems never seem to get fixed. We have category managers who are transferred from other stores that reassure us that this is not how our company is. There really is no room to grow, and the experience hasn't been the best and the only reason I'm staying is because I still need a job to pay the bills until I find another one.
Great store opening experience
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: managers are distant
Everyday was great you knew exactly what to do when you came in for the evening shifts many times there are no managers in the stock from so it was up to you and the other back room associates to get individual jobs done. It wasn't high pressure and the brand team leaders (in the other sections ) knew they could count on us for getting our tasks done. Hardest part of that job was there were so many "managers" that it could have been confusing on the main manager. They didn't always have a grasp of who everyone was even on first name bases.
Customer Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), VancouverMay 20, 2014
-I learned how to use an efficiently strategies of marketing with customer service
-Leadership
-Cultural shopping tendency
Face Paced
Sales Support, helped customers (Former Employee), West Edmonton MallMay 9, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: long hours of standing
It's really fun! Asides from the LOOOONG lines and hours, it's fun and you feel fabulous just working there.
An amazing place to work
Beauty Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2014
-Getting the makeup set up, getting things put out and counters filled like the perfume and mist counters
- I learned about how to apply different types of perfume and different ways to make her happy
- Management is great
- Co-workers are easy to get along with
- no hard part
- Co workers, discounts, great place to work
not desirable
supervisor (Current Employee), bcFebruary 20, 2014
micro managers, not satisfactory, outsourced to states and getting anything done takes forever

About Victoria's Secret

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll – Read more

Victoria's Secret Photos