Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, if you're a good worker you get raises
Cons: Call-in shifts, co-workers are rude, everyone for themselves
A typical day would be showing up for you shift, signing in and meeting with the manager to discuss your position on the floor.
Once assigned a room ie room 1, 2 or 3 or being placed in fitting rooms you go to work.
Fun, fast paced
Temporary Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: great discount, free merchandise
Cons: long hours, some very difficult management
Fun place to work, with some supportive management.
Recently became a high selling environment, with some unrealistic expectations for new employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up new displays with colleagues and helping customers find comfortable, supportive, and exciting product. The company is always growing and expanding. You're always learning something new every day. There was a lot of variety in what I did every day, from small tasks, to large and sometimes challenging take down and set ups.
Fun place to work.
SALES AND SUPPORT GENERALIST (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Very friendly co-workers
Cons: Unstable management team
Fun place to work alongside my colleagues. A lot of support from the team which made it easy to learn & grow. Management needs a lot more improvement. My favourite part of the job was being able to work with such great people & also being able to connect with customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was being able adjust with all the changes the company was going through.
Victoria secrets
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 20, 2015
A typically day at Victoria secret was being on your feet and helping out in customer service. I learnt customer service, ordering, organizing the store and shipment. Staying after hours and getting the store ready for the next morning. The part enjoyable part of my job was organizing and making the store look presentable.
Perfect!
Customer Service, Stock Replenishment (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 11, 2015
Best and most well executed management team, every employee loves their job and truly know how to represent the VS brand. All around very well-manicured and professional.
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), toronto, onOctober 5, 2015
fun place to work, with supportive management
Store does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment
Satisfactory worplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Satisfactory workplace. More communication from management would be an asset. Overall I'm glad for the experience but would not work for Limited Brands again
Retail experience
Generalist Cash Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Great working team on the floor
Cons: Call ins
Maintaining cash and doing all duties as a cashier/generalist. Helping customers in beauty and bra salon. As well picking up calls for managers.
Great people, frustrating environment.
Bra Fitting Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, supportive management, amazing company values, safe and clean environment.
Cons: Bullies, incentive makes everyone greedy, lack of customer service, favoritism of associates, unrealistic worklife expectations.
I love everything the company stands for. I really enjoy the people who I have had the pleasure of working with for the last 4 years. I have seen a lot of changes in the time I have been with the company. The managers are all amazing people and I admire and look up to al of them. However, there is quite a lot of disconnect from what they preach to how they act. Certain members of the team get 'special' treatment and for those of us who have worked our butts off since our store has opened are fed up with the favoritism. Personally I really didn't see the harm in it, but then it started effecting myself and the stress and work life balance I can maintain. The newer changes and introduction of the incentive program has taken away sufficiently from the customer experience within the store. It has feeded to very greedy and unpersonable people working within the store. These associates bully other associates and do a lot of blaming when they can't get sales. Associates are not genuinely helping people they are just trying to get a number on a screen so they can make a decent amount of money for themselves. They don't care much if the store makes plan or if we as a team make our bra goals, then everyone in the store will get an incentive, they only care about themselves. And the managers don't do anything to change how they act.
busy and fun workplace
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 7, 2015
seasonal position with lots of hours worked.
had lots of customer interaction and cashier experience.
This job was from November 2013 to January 2014 for the busy Christmas season.
Enjoyable
Sales Support (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: All of my coworkers were very genuine
Great workplace with amazing coworkers. The management team was very supportive and understanding. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Very cool place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2015
It was an awesome experience. It is very fast paced for the position I had held. The company has a unique story and I liked the fact that you basically worked how you saw fit.
Very organized work place and great management
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Etobicoke,ONJuly 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they need according to their own personal style and also meeting new people along the way.
Normal Day at VS
Sales Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
Go in, get self prepared for day of work. Call my manager and get a summary of what should happen today and my goal for the day. My manager would guide me in where i was station and continue to check on me during the day
productive, great work environment
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 25, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable coworkers
Cons: call in shifts
fast paced, customer service oriented. coworkers were most helpful as they had much product knowledge. the hardest part of the job was scheduling your day around a call-in shift that would most likely not be activated yet you were instructed that you had to keep that time free for the slim chance that it would be activated.
Great team building environment, New Management
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 15, 2015
I didn't work at Victoria's Secret for a long time, however while I was there I learned quite a bit. I wasn't impressed by how the managers treated there staff but I made a lot of great friends through this job!
Good seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), torontoJune 2, 2015
Got good hours, really good coworkers and most managers were nice. Very busy location so time went by fast, always a lot of work to do.
Overall a stressful work environment
associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 20, 2015
Pros: Gratis' fre items, if you work in Pink a free outfit
Cons: Management with the exception of one, selling tactics, high unattainable sales goals
I worked at VS four maybe six months and found it very stressful. The sales goals are ridiculous especially when the store is always dead. I also covered shifts in the Pink side and their goals are even more ridiculous since no one shops in there. The breaks are nice, if you work 4 to 5.5 hours you get a 15 minute break, anything over 6 and you always get two 15s and a half hour. The difficult thing is having the MANY managers actually pay attention to peoples break time. I've missed many breaks even after asking because managers can't be bothered to pay attention.
I did learn a lot about selling and can take everything I've learned with me to other retail stores. Also if you make your sales goals for the month you get back a percentage of that money back as an added bonus.
The associates are all lovely and will miss them dearly, they were the best part of my job. Customers were great too when I did get any. Always willing to listen and let me help.
Management was not enjoyable, I understand we have to make goals but there was too much pressure and if you don't achieve goals they put everyone's results up in the back and highlight them to see who is failing.
All in all, it was a good experience to learn about customer service and selling techniques, the hours were great if you want to work they give them to you. The management and selling goals and having to harass customers say your name at least three times so they remember you was not my cup of tea.
Would like it better if management stuck to policies.
Cash Wrap (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
Management will NEVER back you up when it comes to a customer giving an associate a hard time. I work cash, which is where all of the angry customers come to in order to get their way, and of course, they always do. After having argued with a customer over promotions, or if they demand a gift with purchase when they are under the limit, management will always give the customer what they want and make you look like an idiot for enforcing the proper policies and promotions. When it comes to the weekly schedule, it is always LATE. The schedule is supposed to be posted on Monday, but at my store, it isn't posted until Wednesday or Thursday. Today is Wednesday and it is no surprise that the schedule isn't posted for next week yet. On top of that, booking time off is literally like sacrificing a limb for them. They give you such a hard time when you have an event on a weekend or a doctors appointment during the week. Management has even threatened to start writing employees up for taking time off. WE ARE ENTITLED TO VACATION DAYS. The only good thing about this job are my fellow co-workers, the discount, and the fact that it pays my tuition. Other than that, VS is only good place to shop.
Glad I got the experience, but I wouldn't recommend.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good wage for part time, gratis and discounts, love the coworkers, many customers to help
Cons: Management, high pressure on sales goal
Initially, I was very excited to start my new part-time job at Victoria's Secret, especially because it was a brand new store. I soon realized it wasn't all that people think it is.

A typical day at work consists of a typical day in retail. You must greet, help, and basically pester every customer in your view. (This gets bad on Saturdays when we are over-staffed and customers begin to get very annoyed). I have worked in customer service before, so this wasn't too new to me. What was new was the pressure by the management and company, and a $200 per hour average sales goal. Which if you do not reach three months in a row you are fired.

The management is only average, if not below average. Many people have quit solely on not liking our managers. They all know what they are doing, but almost all of them are condescending when it comes to something like our sales goals. Only one has made me feel genuinely good about myself and my progress. Besides the one; no encouragement, rarely any praise without a catch (wanting you to boost your sales), and more often than not they just become plain rude.
It is hard for people to get rid of or trade shifts, even for important things such as family weddings and other significant events. There have also been instances of being scheduled completely outside of availability.

Co-workers for me are not a problem at all. I love all the girls that I work with and it really is a fun but also productive atmosphere. We get things done and help each other. My coworkers, wage, and gratis are the only things keeping me at the store.

I will – more... admit that I have learned a lot in the short time I have had this job, such as how to be a better sales associate, how to work on a team, and perspective on how management can be. All said, I'm glad I took the job and am still sticking at it, but I no longer recommend people try to apply here. – less
Headquarters