Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

Not awful
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
Was a good place to work at first and then they cut hours so I was getting 2 shifts a month when I was promised 22 hours a week. Management was okay, but acted as if they were better than you and definitely picked favorites.
My experience with the company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
The company offered many incentives to employees which made the job fun. I was able to get a hands on experience that I will carry out with me for the rest of my life
Amazing job
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 23, 2016
typical day at work is to assist customers such as sizes, bra fittings, and letting customers in fitting rooms. Most enjoyable part of job is to interact with customers at a higher level.
Pros
amazing hours
Cons
Excellent, supportive sales people. Very good training.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Burnaby B.C.February 21, 2016
A typical day at work was extremely fast paced and busy which I enjoyed.
There are a lot of different managers which always means someone is available to help when you are knew.
Hardest part of the job was poor floor training.
Also, when my term of employment ended I was simply removed from the schedule. Not one single manager spoke with me, called me or returned my calls. I simply received a thank you card in the mail.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and the other sales people.
Time Changes All
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Starting out at this establishment was wonderful, it was an upbeat, fun, and respectful place to work. In the span of my time with the company, it has unfortunately become a negative experience. I am loyal to the company, yet happiness is quite a large equation when it comes to career options. I feel it is time to move on to bigger and brighter things where I can put my skills and immense experience to good use.
I can't wait for a positive change.
Pros
Kind fellow employees, fun
Cons
Lack of hours, unsatisfactory pay, lack of raises or promotions
n/a
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2016
went i work for victoria secret its was a nice experience that i really enjoy but like everything and everybody life changeand new opportunity.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
hours sucked along with management. customers were usually very rude because the sales we had werent as good as other bra and pantie shops.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
I was a bra specialist so my role was to be in charge of the fitting rooms, and provide bra fittings, with exceptional customer service. I have learned how to gain more confidence, and the company providing me with a lot of workshop classes to learn how to become a better selling associate. My management was especially friendly and always treated us associates as family, yet knew when to give constructive feedback. My co-workers were a huge part of the joyof my job; we all worked as a team/family, and we were successful together, and made the company a better place to work, with the excellence of amazing co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not giving a customer what they needed because we ran out of stock, or they didn't fit our product. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customer so happy that she returned as a customer for life, and when we change her life,
Pros
Flexible, management, co-workers, company.
Cons
Getting in tiffs with co-workers, some management, inconsistency.
Was a great place to work, everyone was close until new management came in.
Sales Specialist (Leadership role) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2016
Company tried to improve themselves but only left their dedicated employees to leave and be replaced with mindless workers.
Fun Place to work with good products to sell
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2016
It is a busy, huge retail store, which is trying to be the best they can. I learned a lot about how a store works, how to deal with money and the issues faced in a big retail store. I also learned how customers are different and demand attention.
It is a good place to work however it is not my field. I am learning a lot and definitely will use a lot of the skills acquired there in my next job.
Pros
Fun, beautiful, a lot to learn as employee and as customer
Cons
Not my field, new managers
Interesting Place to Work
High Velocity Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
As far as first time jobs go, this one was decent. As a seasonal employee I spent most of my shifts fixing displays and doing go backs (putting products back on display after they have been in the change rooms). My only complaint is how isolated I felt while working there. Only a few coworkers would say hi or talk to me in the break room, everyone else already knew each other and had formed their "circles". So aside from feeling like there were cliques amongst my coworkers, it was a pretty easy and fun job.
Pros
employee discount, easy job, fun
Cons
coworkers
A busy but yet fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmotnon, ABJanuary 18, 2016
I would start at 6am and we would get right to doing a shipment, usually like 12 boxes of panties had to go out and then later on we would push all the bras to the floor. I learned how to work in a big company, that it takes effort and time to communicate to management because my job has over 100 employees. I never had a problem with a single co-worker, I have made many new friends since starting this job. The hardest part would be my one manager, she's a little harsh and very pushy and likes to yell at us a lot but besides that that I love all the managers. Standing on my feet for 10 hours is pretty tough sometimes. The most enjoyable would be helping customers and especially women find something that they feel comfortable in and that fits their bodies right and also helping them gain confidence with their bodies.
Pros
Flexible hours-free stuff-buy in's-great environment
Cons
Long days-harsh boss-call in's
Uplifting Work Enviorment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 11, 2016
It is a great work place.
The individual experiences you create for guests is memorable, it feels very rewarding to have the chance to make a woman love her body.
The girls I work with and have meet through this job have become amazing friends, it became more than a workplace, it has become a home. Management was easy to approach in any situation, each have their strong points but they are always there to talk.
The environment is a judge-free zone. We are there to create an uplifting experience and we end up lifting up each other at the same time.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a guest the way you would like too, it takes more than a pretty piece of lingerie to get your confidence back-it takes your whole mind before your whole body to feel beautiful. So when a woman is in that mindset sometimes it is hard to get her to come out of it.
Qorking at Victoria Secret
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 6, 2016
Victoria’s Secret is an iconic specialty retail brand that needs no introduction. Thename is equivalent to all things feminine and sexy including our intimate apparel, sleepwear and beauty products.
Pros
They discount is decent. The management is supper understanding.
Cons
A lot of information to know and it requires you to be able to think on your feet and fast.
Good company to work for
Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Good company to work for. Learn a lot about luxury item selling. Very fast paced, expect to be running around a lot to assist customers.
Pros
good knowledge, perks
Cons
It was an amazing pay, experience but no advancement
"Full-time Sales Specialist" (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
it was good but no room for growth and advancement.
It was amazing getting free products when you're an employee there. Sometimes, it is a "buy-in" where it is priced for cheap for thei employees. The management is awesome.
The only downside of this is it is commissioned. So, often times, the girls fight for sales.
Pros
free products/bras, buy-in for lowered prices for employees, commission is great
Cons
associates fight for sales all the time since it is commissioned.
Great experience for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
A typical day would be showing up for you shift, signing in and meeting with the manager to discuss your position on the floor.
Once assigned a room ie room 1, 2 or 3 or being placed in fitting rooms you go to work.
Pros
Fun place to work, if you're a good worker you get raises
Cons
Call-in shifts, co-workers are rude, everyone for themselves
Fast Paced
Sales Specialist and New Hire Mentor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
Fun job all-in-all.
Management makes a good point of ensuring that you're coached for performance
They put a lot of time and money into training
Advancement in the company is scarce, most of the management is recruited externally.
The way they choose salary is unexplainable, as many people with little experience will make more than others.
Pros
Team environment, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Salary, Advancement
great job for a student
Associées en vente (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCNovember 5, 2015
was a part time job while i was in school studying for esthetics. learned how to engage with clients, sell products, work in groups.
Fun, fast paced
Temporary Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 4, 2015
Fun place to work, with some supportive management.
Recently became a high selling environment, with some unrealistic expectations for new employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up new displays with colleagues and helping customers find comfortable, supportive, and exciting product. The company is always growing and expanding. You're always learning something new every day. There was a lot of variety in what I did every day, from small tasks, to large and sometimes challenging take down and set ups.
Pros
great discount, free merchandise
Cons
long hours, some very difficult management