Victoria's Secret

3K reviews

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Place to work with good products to sell
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Fun, beautiful, a lot to learn as employee and as customer
Cons: Not my field, new managers
It is a busy, huge retail store, which is trying to be the best they can. I learned a lot about how a store works, how to deal with money and the issues faced in a big retail store. I also learned how customers are different and demand attention.
It is a good place to work however it is not my field. I am learning a lot and definitely will use a lot of the skills acquired there in my next job.
Interesting Place to Work
High Velocity Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: employee discount, easy job, fun
Cons: coworkers
As far as first time jobs go, this one was decent. As a seasonal employee I spent most of my shifts fixing displays and doing go backs (putting products back on display after they have been in the change rooms). My only complaint is how isolated I felt while working there. Only a few coworkers would say hi or talk to me in the break room, everyone else already knew each other and had formed their "circles". So aside from feeling like there were cliques amongst my coworkers, it was a pretty easy and fun job.
A busy but yet fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee), Edmotnon, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours-free stuff-buy in's-great environment
Cons: Long days-harsh boss-call in's
I would start at 6am and we would get right to doing a shipment, usually like 12 boxes of panties had to go out and then later on we would push all the bras to the floor. I learned how to work in a big company, that it takes effort and time to communicate to management because my job has over 100 employees. I never had a problem with a single co-worker, I have made many new friends since starting this job. The hardest part would be my one manager, she's a little harsh and very pushy and likes to yell at us a lot but besides that that I love all the managers. Standing on my feet for 10 hours is pretty tough sometimes. The most enjoyable would be helping customers and especially women find something that they feel comfortable in and that fits their bodies right and also helping them gain confidence with their bodies.
Uplifting Work Enviorment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 11, 2016
It is a great work place.
The individual experiences you create for guests is memorable, it feels very rewarding to have the chance to make a woman love her body.
The girls I work with and have meet through this job have become amazing friends, it became more than a workplace, it has become a home. Management was easy to approach in any situation, each have their strong points but they are always there to talk.
The environment is a judge-free zone. We are there to create an uplifting experience and we end up lifting up each other at the same time.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a guest the way you would like too, it takes more than a pretty piece of lingerie to get your confidence back-it takes your whole mind before your whole body to feel beautiful. So when a woman is in that mindset sometimes it is hard to get her to come out of it.
Qorking at Victoria Secret
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: They discount is decent. The management is supper understanding.
Cons: A lot of information to know and it requires you to be able to think on your feet and fast.
Victoria’s Secret is an iconic specialty retail brand that needs no introduction. Thename is equivalent to all things feminine and sexy including our intimate apparel, sleepwear and beauty products.
It was an amazing pay, experience but no advancement
"Full-time Sales Specialist" (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: free products/bras, buy-in for lowered prices for employees, commission is great
Cons: associates fight for sales all the time since it is commissioned.
it was good but no room for growth and advancement.
It was amazing getting free products when you're an employee there. Sometimes, it is a "buy-in" where it is priced for cheap for thei employees. The management is awesome.
The only downside of this is it is commissioned. So, often times, the girls fight for sales.
Great experience for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, if you're a good worker you get raises
Cons: Call-in shifts, co-workers are rude, everyone for themselves
A typical day would be showing up for you shift, signing in and meeting with the manager to discuss your position on the floor.
Once assigned a room ie room 1, 2 or 3 or being placed in fitting rooms you go to work.
Fun, fast paced
Temporary Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: great discount, free merchandise
Cons: long hours, some very difficult management
Fun place to work, with some supportive management.
Recently became a high selling environment, with some unrealistic expectations for new employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up new displays with colleagues and helping customers find comfortable, supportive, and exciting product. The company is always growing and expanding. You're always learning something new every day. There was a lot of variety in what I did every day, from small tasks, to large and sometimes challenging take down and set ups.
Fun place to work.
SALES AND SUPPORT GENERALIST (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Very friendly co-workers
Cons: Unstable management team
Fun place to work alongside my colleagues. A lot of support from the team which made it easy to learn & grow. Management needs a lot more improvement. My favourite part of the job was being able to work with such great people & also being able to connect with customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was being able adjust with all the changes the company was going through.
Victoria secrets
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 20, 2015
A typically day at Victoria secret was being on your feet and helping out in customer service. I learnt customer service, ordering, organizing the store and shipment. Staying after hours and getting the store ready for the next morning. The part enjoyable part of my job was organizing and making the store look presentable.
Perfect!
Customer Service, Stock Replenishment (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 11, 2015
Best and most well executed management team, every employee loves their job and truly know how to represent the VS brand. All around very well-manicured and professional.
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), toronto, onOctober 5, 2015
fun place to work, with supportive management
Store does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment
Satisfactory worplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 21, 2015
Satisfactory workplace. More communication from management would be an asset. Overall I'm glad for the experience but would not work for Limited Brands again
Retail experience
Generalist Cash Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Great working team on the floor
Cons: Call ins
Maintaining cash and doing all duties as a cashier/generalist. Helping customers in beauty and bra salon. As well picking up calls for managers.
Great people, frustrating environment.
Bra Fitting Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, supportive management, amazing company values, safe and clean environment.
Cons: Bullies, incentive makes everyone greedy, lack of customer service, favoritism of associates, unrealistic worklife expectations.
I love everything the company stands for. I really enjoy the people who I have had the pleasure of working with for the last 4 years. I have seen a lot of changes in the time I have been with the company. The managers are all amazing people and I admire and look up to al of them. However, there is quite a lot of disconnect from what they preach to how they act. Certain members of the team get 'special' treatment and for those of us who have worked our butts off since our store has opened are fed up with the favoritism. Personally I really didn't see the harm in it, but then it started effecting myself and the stress and work life balance I can maintain. The newer changes and introduction of the incentive program has taken away sufficiently from the customer experience within the store. It has feeded to very greedy and unpersonable people working within the store. These associates bully other associates and do a lot of blaming when they can't get sales. Associates are not genuinely helping people they are just trying to get a number on a screen so they can make a decent amount of money for themselves. They don't care much if the store makes plan or if we as a team make our bra goals, then everyone in the store will get an incentive, they only care about themselves. And the managers don't do anything to change how they act.
busy and fun workplace
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 7, 2015
seasonal position with lots of hours worked.
had lots of customer interaction and cashier experience.
This job was from November 2013 to January 2014 for the busy Christmas season.
Enjoyable
Sales Support (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: All of my coworkers were very genuine
Great workplace with amazing coworkers. The management team was very supportive and understanding. I enjoyed going to work every day.
Very cool place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2015
It was an awesome experience. It is very fast paced for the position I had held. The company has a unique story and I liked the fact that you basically worked how you saw fit.
Very organized work place and great management
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Etobicoke,ONJuly 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they need according to their own personal style and also meeting new people along the way.
Normal Day at VS
Sales Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
Go in, get self prepared for day of work. Call my manager and get a summary of what should happen today and my goal for the day. My manager would guide me in where i was station and continue to check on me during the day
Headquarters