Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Day
Cashier (Current Employee), YorkdaleMarch 30, 2015
My shifts consist of evenings, where I assist customers with questions. I am part of the cash team, so I do basic duties of a cashier. I also maintain cleanliness. I answer phone calls and attend to customers on the phone lines.
Fast paced and a lot to learn
Associate/Stock associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 30, 2015
Other people will have a different view of the job, but it is just not for me. I currently do not feel like I fit in with this environment, nor do I feel like the management even likes me and it is ruining my entire experience with my job.

You have to have knowledge about the company, the products in which you have to work with. If you're on the floor, you have to keep everything organised as well as greet every customer. Make sure you match every customer with what they need. I mostly worked in the back and there is always LOTS of work. It wouldn't be so bad if some of my coworkers were knowledgeable as well, it's hard to find products if they don't know what they're describing for a backstock check.

Management is pretty good except for when it comes to me. I personally feel attacked pretty much every day and it ruins my perception of what it would be like if I was an outsider.

The hardest part of my job is honestly dealing with people constantly telling me what I'm doing isn't good enough. Ha.

And the best part would be the benefits for sure.
work
Pink, Sales Associate and Cash Lead (Current Employee), markvill mallMarch 22, 2015
Pros: love the product and store
Cons: selling culture
show up to work on time get the beauty belt and head set ready
hit the sales floor
then immediately we are reminded about how much we need to sell per hour
which has now been pushed so much customers think we are commission
its lead to sales associates saying their name way too much and bombarding customers that have been already assisted by other associates

hardest part of the job is the selling culture
im great at multi tasking so i am able to keep my zone fully organized ie; ROYGBVd drawers panties in order and table tops stocked
while helping customers and preventing any unwanted angels from shop lifting
but the selling culture of name exchange can be awkward
and leads to loss of sales or stress of sales

i love the store environment
i love my managers
Everyone was quite nice to me. Everyone who worked there always encouraged each other to better themselves.
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits, every month there is an item that is either free or very cheap for the employees, and after three months of work you get a long list of items that you can have.
Cons: i mean it's sales, it's not everyones cup of tea.
Like most days in sales, you serve the customer as best as you can. Some days suck, maybe because you don't feel well or that just some customers literally are too much to handle. This was my first job in sales and all in all it was not bad. I got to learn how the sales industry works.

Managers were fine, but they are your boss so it's much more relaxed around your co-workers.

Hardest part was learning quickly so I can live up to the VS standards.

Overall, it was a nice experience, but if I every want to work sales again I think I want to go in my comfort zone of sporting goods.
Productive working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers and discounts
Cons: stressful environment
Working a typical day is mostly customer services, helping customers look for what they want and need. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people (customers) everyday. The workplace have a great diversity of workers, a lot of culture in one place.
Fun and friendly working environment
Sales Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Victoria Secret is a great place to work. They offer flexible shifts and have a fun and friendly working environment. I learned a lot about the value of paying close attention to detail.
An Amazingplace to work
Beauty Area Category Manager Full-time (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2015
An amazing company to work for, I recommend the company to everyone. Great management, and an amazing discount. Love vs and all my lovely LADIES!!
Fun work place
o Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: gratices
Cons: long hours sometimes
Its a fun place to work and be as long as you make it fun. The hardest part is having to deal with customers who are not satisfied. I have learned a lot of different working curves within the company.
Neat experience, wouldn't do it again
Victoria Secret Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good communication
Cons: long, stressful, busy, messy, repetitive music, difficult clients, tedious work
A typical day is stressful and long. I've learned how to deal with difficult customers. Management was nice yet noticeably stressed. Co-workers are nice. Hardest part of the job is the amount of pressure they apply on the SPH.
Motivating and early hours
Cash Wrap Lead (Current Employee), Surrey, B.CFebruary 25, 2015
The environment at Victoria Secret is very enjoyable because our team gets along very well. We've all bonded over time and it has become somewhat of a second family. Some days we start as early as 5am for floor sets and go as late as 1am.
Management has been a struggle for the past couple months, as turnover is quite high in retail.
The most enjoyable part about my job is seeing the new collections pre hand and being able to try everything on and giving customers my personal testimony.
Very fun, enthusiastic, busy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: everyone was always very reliable, and the discount was very useful.
Cons: the job was seasonal.
Each shift began with a one minute meeting, showing everyone the new promos and sales pitches and a coaching method which told us how we were going to reach and go above our sales goals that day. Usually I would be on the sales floor approaching every customer with a smile and promos. I would share product knowledge with anyone that needed it. Occasionally when it needed to be done and I wasn't busy helping anyone I would recover shelves and make sure everything looked nice and presentable.
Organized company, with effective management guidelines to attract top talent
Category Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: company demonstrates investment in their employees, frequent training and management education workshops, competitive salary, positive work environment
Cons: company communication
A typical day in this role, and in this company, requires you to wear many different hats. I spend most of my scheduled time on the salesfloor, overseeing daily activities and ensuring maximum productivity from all team members. I take ownership of assigned categories and their metrics, creating and executing compelling visual merchandising strategies and leading effective salesfloor behaviors to drive optimum store results. I am responsible for merchandise flow, and execute floor moves as needed. The hardest part of my job is working within and managing a large, and diverse team, but it is also one of the most rewarding aspects of the role. The company overall is highly invested in their employees, with frequent workshops dedicated to management team members to further enhance their skills. There is clear succession planning, and frequent opportunity for advancement.
great company
District Manager (Former Employee), ABFebruary 17, 2015
great values, great tools, focus on employee, fantastic product, effective procedures, very good career opportunities and internal growth, honored good work ethics
Fun, Fast Paced, Interesting!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2015
My typical day at work consists of working hard to hit hourly sales goals, create lasting impressions on customers, and educating the customers on our product.

I learned many of my sales skills within this position along with how to approach customers in a very open manner to find the root of their visit in a limited time.

Management at first was phenomenal! I didn't think it was possible to have such a perfectly working yet diverse staff of managers until they came into my life! Since then the management team has done a full turn over and it isn't running as smoothly as it was, but they are trying their best!

I personally find that the hardest part of my job is "killing customers with kindness". There have been a couple times where I have been screamed at, cussed at, threatened by, and belittled by customers and the hardest part is to continue to smile through it and apologize for upsetting them.

The most enjoyable part of my job hands down is creating lasting customer connections, hearing that customers are asking specifically for me, seeing them come in months later and remembering my name because I made such a real impression on them as an associate.
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: managers
Cons: call in shifts
It was a great experience working here. The environment feels great at all times. The managers are lovely people that are always willing to help.
The VS Life
Sales Support/Brand Guide Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: gratis
Cons: hours
A typical day at Victoria's Secret is filled with simple but multiple tasks that revolve around the lingerie and sleep culture. Unless it is Christmas time or you are a part of management, you won't be there for a very long day, 5 hours at most. This is helpful for your legs and back, not so much for your wallet. Unfortunately it is extremely part-time, and small amounts of hours are split between a mass of associates. It is mostly women working at Victoria's Secret, with the exception of a few males, so personalities can clash and you may not agree with everything everyone says or tells you to do; typical in most workplaces I find.
There isn't anything physically hard about working here, it can just be frustrating with 7 managers (especially when they are all there at the same time) because you get told several different things at one time and you don't want to disappoint any of them.
I enjoy the brand (merchandising) portion of my job at Victoria's Secret and, of course, the great deals and free-bees!
Great Team no room to move up in company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great training, and free products
Cons: no room to further my assets within the company
Victorias Secret is a great company to work for, although i felt there was no room for growth and nothing pushing me to move up in the company.
Good pay and nice team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts, gratisis, intensives
Cons: boring, retail, can be unfair
I enjoy working there completive but fun! Just need to be motivated to sell and have tough skin so you don't get annoyed by the management and sales specialist.
It was fun and exciting to work with the merchandise we loved
Lead Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee), EdmontonJanuary 19, 2015
It was a great place to work and learn. A lot of training for sales and customer service. I used to put to practice everyday marketing, managing girls to keep people for longer, solving problems quickly, adjusting to the market, fixing tills, re-arranging the floor, always training girls to make sure they could be used in different areas of the store.
It was always fun, selling stuff that I liked was the best part of the job.
The hardest part was that I didn't make enough to stay there longer and I had to move on.
Fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2015
I love working here , I loved this job this is what I enjoy. Sometimes it becomes competitive to reach sales goals because that's what everyone is working for to reach their sales goals. Co workers are amazing. they are friendly. Its more like a big working family

1 2 3 4

About Victoria's Secret

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll – Read more

Victoria's Secret Photos