Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Motivating and early hours
Cash Wrap Lead (Current Employee), Surrey, B.CFebruary 25, 2015
The environment at Victoria Secret is very enjoyable because our team gets along very well. We've all bonded over time and it has become somewhat of a second family. Some days we start as early as 5am for floor sets and go as late as 1am.
Management has been a struggle for the past couple months, as turnover is quite high in retail.
The most enjoyable part about my job is seeing the new collections pre hand and being able to try everything on and giving customers my personal testimony.
Very fun, enthusiastic, busy and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: everyone was always very reliable, and the discount was very useful.
Cons: the job was seasonal.
Each shift began with a one minute meeting, showing everyone the new promos and sales pitches and a coaching method which told us how we were going to reach and go above our sales goals that day. Usually I would be on the sales floor approaching every customer with a smile and promos. I would share product knowledge with anyone that needed it. Occasionally when it needed to be done and I wasn't busy helping anyone I would recover shelves and make sure everything looked nice and presentable.
Organized company, with effective management guidelines to attract top talent
Category Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: company demonstrates investment in their employees, frequent training and management education workshops, competitive salary, positive work environment
Cons: company communication
A typical day in this role, and in this company, requires you to wear many different hats. I spend most of my scheduled time on the salesfloor, overseeing daily activities and ensuring maximum productivity from all team members. I take ownership of assigned categories and their metrics, creating and executing compelling visual merchandising strategies and leading effective salesfloor behaviors to drive optimum store results. I am responsible for merchandise flow, and execute floor moves as needed. The hardest part of my job is working within and managing a large, and diverse team, but it is also one of the most rewarding aspects of the role. The company overall is highly invested in their employees, with frequent workshops dedicated to management team members to further enhance their skills. There is clear succession planning, and frequent opportunity for advancement.
great company
District Manager (Former Employee), ABFebruary 17, 2015
great values, great tools, focus on employee, fantastic product, effective procedures, very good career opportunities and internal growth, honored good work ethics
Fun, Fast Paced, Interesting!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2015
My typical day at work consists of working hard to hit hourly sales goals, create lasting impressions on customers, and educating the customers on our product.

I learned many of my sales skills within this position along with how to approach customers in a very open manner to find the root of their visit in a limited time.

Management at first was phenomenal! I didn't think it was possible to have such a perfectly working yet diverse staff of managers until they came into my life! Since then the management team has done a full turn over and it isn't running as smoothly as it was, but they are trying their best!

I personally find that the hardest part of my job is "killing customers with kindness". There have been a couple times where I have been screamed at, cussed at, threatened by, and belittled by customers and the hardest part is to continue to smile through it and apologize for upsetting them.

The most enjoyable part of my job hands down is creating lasting customer connections, hearing that customers are asking specifically for me, seeing them come in months later and remembering my name because I made such a real impression on them as an associate.
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: managers
Cons: call in shifts
It was a great experience working here. The environment feels great at all times. The managers are lovely people that are always willing to help.
The VS Life
Sales Support/Brand Guide Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: gratis
Cons: hours
A typical day at Victoria's Secret is filled with simple but multiple tasks that revolve around the lingerie and sleep culture. Unless it is Christmas time or you are a part of management, you won't be there for a very long day, 5 hours at most. This is helpful for your legs and back, not so much for your wallet. Unfortunately it is extremely part-time, and small amounts of hours are split between a mass of associates. It is mostly women working at Victoria's Secret, with the exception of a few males, so personalities can clash and you may not agree with everything everyone says or tells you to do; typical in most workplaces I find.
There isn't anything physically hard about working here, it can just be frustrating with 7 managers (especially when they are all there at the same time) because you get told several different things at one time and you don't want to disappoint any of them.
I enjoy the brand (merchandising) portion of my job at Victoria's Secret and, of course, the great deals and free-bees!
Great Team no room to move up in company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great training, and free products
Cons: no room to further my assets within the company
Victorias Secret is a great company to work for, although i felt there was no room for growth and nothing pushing me to move up in the company.
Good pay and nice team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts, gratisis, intensives
Cons: boring, retail, can be unfair
I enjoy working there completive but fun! Just need to be motivated to sell and have tough skin so you don't get annoyed by the management and sales specialist.
It was fun and exciting to work with the merchandise we loved
Lead Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee), EdmontonJanuary 19, 2015
It was a great place to work and learn. A lot of training for sales and customer service. I used to put to practice everyday marketing, managing girls to keep people for longer, solving problems quickly, adjusting to the market, fixing tills, re-arranging the floor, always training girls to make sure they could be used in different areas of the store.
It was always fun, selling stuff that I liked was the best part of the job.
The hardest part was that I didn't make enough to stay there longer and I had to move on.
Fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2015
I love working here , I loved this job this is what I enjoy. Sometimes it becomes competitive to reach sales goals because that's what everyone is working for to reach their sales goals. Co workers are amazing. they are friendly. Its more like a big working family
Seasonal Full Time Sales Associate
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers and long hours.
Cons: slow days due to overbooking staff with not enough tasks to be done or customers in store.
During a typical day of work I would either work on the sales floor or in the back room. I enjoyed the backroom because I got to work at my own pace and fold clothes and do the markdowns. I found this most relaxing and time flew by. But, most days I would be on the sales floor selling products to customers and maintaining and organizing the product. We had an incentive to sell $300 of product every hour so I found this more stressful. Overall management and co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. Although,after this experience I learned that working in retail is not for me.
Team Based Environment
CASHIER, SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 5, 2015
- Worked as a team to ensure sale quotas were met
- Constant communication through walkie devices
- Learned how to engage and connect with customers to ensure they had a great buying experience
- Great, team based and friendly work environment
Fun and inclusive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: welcoming co-workers, organized management, rewarding environment
Cons: memorization of placement of product, unhappy customers
Working for Victoria's Secret has allowed me to encounter many different, inviting people that allowed me to join their team with friendly handshakes and "How do you do?"'s. Training to be a sales associate has been rewarding, considering all of the customer service and organizational skills I have learned and incorporated into my working.
The hardest part of the job is the memory component - specifically, remembering where all of the product (such as certain bras and perfumes) resides in the store. There are many different sections, and Victoria's Secret comes out with new lines of product often enough to slightly confuse their associates with placement of items.
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customers with their purchases and enriching their shopping experience overall. I enjoy helping the customers find exactly what they're looking for - not only does it benefit them, but it benefits the sales associate as well; it gives me a sense of reward and accomplishment.
Overall, working at Victoria's Secret has been a rewarding experience that I recommend highly to anyone who has some previous customer service background.
Customer consultations in fast-paced environment
Consultant/Bra Specialist (Former Employee), Square OneJanuary 1, 2015
inviting and welcoming customers to the store
ensuring customers find the exact item they are looking for
ensuring customers leave with the correct fit
sizing
visual merchandising must be done according to planogram
fast paced sales environment
handling cash registers
upselling
Everyday is different, nothing is ever boring.
Product Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 3, 2014
As a product manager, it is my responsibility to make sure the sales floor looks full and abundant. To hold my stock associate accountable to their daily task and to consistently coach them. I also have to be on the sales floor with a certain amount of sales goal weekly that i have to achieve. Being on the sales floor also helps me gain knowledge what is moving quickly with my products and what needs to change due to lack of sale. My brightest time of the day is making my staff laugh! We can still work and and play hard at the same time. Not forgetting to laugh once and awhile.
Fast paced and friendly work place.
Sales support staff (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day involves shipment processing and pushing the product onto the floor. Many early mornings that require you being ready to go at 6am. The management was very encouraging and would always be around to answer questions. Involves team work as well as being able to drop what you are doing to put the customer first. It has an enjoyable staff team.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/ Stylist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2014
I learned about detailed customer assistant and getting customers to feel very comfortable with their bodies and flaws. I created new needs and ideas for customers, expanding their wants. I was knowledgeable in products to give customers a feeling of confidence and satisfaction.
Convienient retail job
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 6, 2014
I am a cashier and I have enjoyed my time at Victorias Secret Canada but I am looking for more of a challenge and would love to move on to something different for a job.
I have learned how to deal with customer problems and help solve them as best as I can before needing further help from management
Salary Great
Category Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2014
Pros: discount, gratis, and buy ins
Cons: sometimes can feel just like an associate and not a manager
Upper Management does not get to know any of management team.
great coaching direction.

1 2 3

About Victoria's Secret

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll – Read more

Victoria's Secret Photos