Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Opportunity to work for global brand
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
Opportunity to further develop retail and management knowledge in a high volume fast paced environment. Provided me the opportunity to deal with a diverse range of clients.
Difficult and uncomfortable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
The work itself was very straightforward, but I felt as if the other employers were not very accepting, and not able to let me be alone to do my job. Instead, they hovered and watched my every move not trusting that I could do what I was told, which made me very uncomfortable. The group of people that were already working there when I went in were not very accepting of new employees and made me feel out of place.
Seasonal
Clothing Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 February 2017
Went for the bring your friend to work week, I wasn't really told what to do except fold clothes and no one told me what I needed to submit to get paid.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Wasn't told process for getting paid
Fun and friendly work environment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2017
A typical day at Victoria's secret for a generalist is a fun and joyful day, which consists of either working at the cash wrap, cleaning the drawers, putting away go backs and placing stock from shipment on the floor. The hardest part of this job could be the hours, because you could start as early as 6am or even do an overnight shift.
Great place to work so long as good managers.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2017
Really great company to work for. You receive regular free bras, panties, outfits, makeup, and perfume as titled as 'gratis'. The company also has numerous incentive programs that rewards workers who do their job well with monthly bonuses. Like any other retailer if the managers are bad then the store is bad. The store I worked at went through three different store managers in less than two years but now has a great one which makes the job much better. Getting good hours is next to impossible. You can never count on a consistent paycheque.
Pros
Gratis, incentive programs, high base rate.
Cons
Hours for pay not consistent
Unprofessional
Stock/ Sales support generalist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 January 2017
The management here was very unorganized and stressful to one as an employee. When hired, I was told that i would have proper training in all departments.That did not happen. I was told to fold panties and not taught anything about the job other than where to tag. When a customer asked me for help i would not know what to do due to the lack of training. I was felt like i could not ask due to the poor management. When
Pros
Good salary
productive and fun
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
Good place to work at you are always busy doing something, people are nice and helpful when you need it. everyone is nice. Training is good.
Pros
breaks and gratis
Cons
unreliable hours
seasonal hire
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2017
Hired as a seasonal associate, received a good amount of shifts during the holiday season, It was very busy I was mostly on cash and had some early morning shipment shifts. Didn't really like the management team. My co workers were pretty friendly though.
pretty bad management was rushed and unsteady hours
Seasonal Part- time (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 January 2017
In the beginning I quite loved the working environment. However it had bad management( rude Customer Service Leads, unsteady hours per week and sometimes on call. You get forced to listen to people order you around when they are not even your supervisor.... I bared with it for 3 months but that was it .I wouldn't recommend even though it is $11.25/hour. If the management is stressful then you will be stressed out as well.
Pros
11.25/hour
Cons
poor management, bossy colleges, rude CSL
Amazing!
Victoria's Secret Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Troy, ON11 January 2017
Overall best job I have had so far. Great benefits / gratis, great motivation and management, awesome friendships and literally no drama or gossip - there is no time or room for drama in a fast paced higher fashion elite environment like VS. Thats why I loved it so much.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
event staff
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Cross iron mills Balzac Alberta11 January 2017
cleaning the change rooms
closing the store
opening the store
changing signs
color coding the clothes
Pros
free clothes
Cons
not much hours
Great Place to work for advancement and training
Full-Time Generalist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 January 2017
Most enjoyable part of this job for me was learning about the product, as well as the floor sets. The Victoria Secret team is fantastic and all very friendly. Management wants to see you succeed and do their best to help you achieve high sales and great customer service. The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours and working holidays.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Working holidays
Productive workplace
Seasonal Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Extremely clean environment and outstanding employees. Management was also excellent and overall it was a fun environment to work in.
High Performance Selling Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada5 January 2017
If you are passionate and driven to succeed, Victoria's Secret is a the perfect place for you. Very competitive wages and strong incentive program. Demands a lot of time and does not support work/life balance.
unorganized , uncertainty about hours you work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 December 2016
hours are not stable , shifts are call in , management is unorganized ,there are not benefits and they are not understanding of your situation. Good coworkers are the only pro
Pros
Discount, good coworkers
Cons
Unstable hours, disorganized
Friendly and fast-paced
Cashier, Beauty Associate & Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2016
In my short time with Victoria's Secret, I was surprised with the incredible team I had the pleasure of working with. The manager's were honest with you, they followed up constantly in regards to inquiries of growth and assistance.

Minimum wage is expected for employees on the floor but have heard good things of positions higher. At the end of the day, I resigned from the Store due to hours as their hours are based on product sales, however it is a corrupt system as those who do not get the hours to work, cannot stabilize their sales skills.
Pros
Fast paced, Confident Environment, Gender Friendly, Happy Customers
Cons
Corrupt scheduling, Pay rate
Exciting company to work for
Associate/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
I was the setting up for grand opening and it was amazing! The staff and management had put their hearts into creating that beautiful store and it was so fun to work there. I was named one of the first bra specialists in Canada and it is something I will always cherish. I moved up quickly in the company and was trained to do so many different things it was a great experience. Management changed and the uncertainty of all the changes was very unsettling. The essence of what the president of the company believed and wanted in thenstorea was noi what we were experiencing as employees.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Uncertainty under new management
Productive, Yet Redundant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2016
A typical day at work includes folding, sorting, and putting away lingerie. I learned how manipulative time can be. It either slows down or speed up and in this case, it slows down. I think the hardest part of my job is working with time because work is predictable and one will find oneself doing the same thing over and over again, and which makes it difficult to look forward to going to work. However, my friendly co-workers make the long hours bearable.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Redundant tasks
Amicable Workplace
Generalist Position, Victoria's Secret (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2016
It was a comfortable environment, although the management was not always excellent, everyone kept a positive mind and worked to reach a desirable result.
I gained a different perspective of what teamwork is about, and organizational tips.
Fast-paced work environment.
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 September 2016
A typical day at work consists of replenishing the store folding panties, doing go-backs, and connecting with multiple costumers. Working as part time sales support generalist you have to work hard so that management notices your initiate to the store that way they give you more hours. However I found that the management do have favourites. Full time associates are treated better than part time associates. Shifts as a part time support generalist often range from 3 hour shifts to 5 hour shifts and you would be given less than 20 hours a week. Sometimes you would even be given 3 hours a week which is extremely un-easy and left me feeling hopeless and not knowing if I would be able to pay for upcoming bills.Besides inconsistent hours what I enjoyed the most working here was helping costumers on their bra journey and working together as a team with my co-workers to make the selling environment a great place to work. Another downside I would say is that management does take advantage of associates, most of the time recognition of hard work is un-seen on a constant basis which management really needs to work on to make sure every associate feels well respected throughout the store. Overall the love and support from my co-workers made me stay around for as long as I did which was the only thing that made me enjoy working at Victoria's Secret.
Pros
Buy-ins, Friendly close-knit co-workers.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, shifts getting cancelled, unsatisfactory pay.