Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Only part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 September 2017
Great place to work. Management is great a is very flexible with schedules great work students or someone not able to work full time lots of perks like free bras
Good workplace, but working with only woman can be bit of a challenge
Sales Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
I worked seasonal at Victoria Secrets for 3 months. The workplace itself was a nice place, big mall, and lots of new faces. Everyone was nice, however once you get use to the place you see their true personalities (not everyone, but a good handfull.)
Abusive Work enviornment
Sales & Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
Work is easy, and your co-workers can be nice, but the managers made me hate this job. They were verbally abusive, catty, condescending and fake. They made working there uncomfortable and I felt anxious working with certain managers. Horrible company that needs to really pay attention to who they're hiring. Some managers should've gotten fired a long time ago for their behavior towards employees. completely disgusting and I wouldn't suggest this job to anyone.
Do not work for this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 September 2017
I worked at Victoria's Secret for about 6 months and opened a new location. They have extremely unrealistic expectations of their minimum wage employees, you are expected to sell a certain amount of product without being given any commission. On call shifts are used and you have to call in 3 hours before to see if you are actually working. Overall it was an awful experience, do not work for this company. Management are rude and honestly awful people; they make you feel bad about yourself. Personally, I quit because it was a toxic work environment and hated the job. I would not recommend anyone work for Victoria's Secret, honestly an awful experience.
Pros
The discount
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB1 September 2017
a typical day: can range from busy to dead

what i learned: the different kids of bras, how to measure peoples bra sizes, how every type of bra in there is completely different, whats inside every bra, how every bra sits and feels

Management: management was usually pretty good i will admit that they were always understanding if you had issues going on in your life.

hardest part of the job: handling a flood of customers coming in at the same time wanting their questions answered first

most enjoyable part: the discount, the people you work with
Pros
had a potluck every now and then
Cons
load music blaring in your ears and the perfume headache you'd get
Love it
Sales support generalist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2017
I love working at vs and don't see myself leaving anytime soon. The company really cares about their employee's and it really shows! Very fairly compensated for the work that I do and I always have fun doing it!
Pros
Great environment, benefits, pay.
Cons
Trained very fast
great place to work for
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
A great place to work for. There are a lot of perks. The discount is great. Staff are wonderful. A day at victoria secret consisted of making daily staff schedule. Training new employees. Downside is no place to move up.
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service and Stock Checker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 August 2017
My manager was verbally abusive and very racist towards me. She did not train me and immediately put me out on the sales floor and expected me to do huge sales. she would not give me breaks that i was entitled to and would verbally degrade me in front of the other co workers. After quitting i found out that 6 of the other 10 girls had also quit because of her. overall i would not recommend working here unless you are very desperate!
Pros
Cons
long unreasonable hours, no training, racist manager
Fun Place to Work
SALES/STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 August 2017
Employees and management team are all knowledgeable about the products sold at the store. Service is always good and customers are always greeted once arriving at the entrances.
nice work
Cashier, stock (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2017
Work environment was great, its a typical job stocking inventory and help a few customers. I enjoyed working everyone was friendly, it was great helping the customers and meeting new people
The job itself is fulfilling
Sales Support/Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 August 2017
Love the company itself but when you get a bunch of girls together in a place it can get very dramatic and catty.
The on call hours were awful.
Would tell you you'd have 15+ hours but 11 of them were on call hours which you'd never get the shift.
Fun learning environment
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
Got the chance to experience new skills and work well with others. Management and coworkers made it a fun environment. Stayed long term. Great way to practice customer service skills.
Victoria secret was terrible
Temp (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
The managers were constantly stressed around holiday season and were very unprofessional in the way they handled the seasonal hires. I witnessed one of them purposely try to frame a coworker for stealing even though she didn't in order to illustrate a point about keeping lockers locked and not open.
Great pay but competitive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 July 2017
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the workplace but there was too much pressure. The management lacked encouragement, which I need to succeed at my job. The pay was really good but the employees were competitive for you not to take their customers, and management expects you to sell a certain amount a shift.
its alright
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  vancouver, bc24 July 2017
it is an alright place to work part time while you are in school because they are very accommodating. However they are also very disorganized as managers and will schedule you outside your availability because they can't keep track of their employees and will not train you well if you are seasonal. The co workers and managers are pretty nice though and overall is is an ok place to work.
productive
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2017
Costumers know how to keep you stay in your feet. Managers would be happy to help as much as they can during the day. However some costumers are just different. The company offers a lot of stuff for the employees so they can offer a good feedback and reviews for the costumers when they have questions around our items. But the flexibility of the workplace is what is good about the company
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
certain managers and costumers
Productive and fun retail workplace
ON- Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 July 2017
Victoria's Secret is an incredibly informative place to work. There is constant updates and training to keep staff up to date with new trends and general information.
It was a somewhat hostile environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 July 2017
My experience at Victoria's Secret was somewhat marred by the people working there--depending on who you worked with (and how they felt about you based off of first impressions alone), you could either have a good experience or a bad one.
inconsistent
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  montreal30 June 2017
Disorganized work environment. Management changes constantly. The company changed the bonus system. The team works very well together, and there is a strong sense of coaching on sales techniques.
Productive and fun place to work
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  upper canada mall28 June 2017
Very friendly environment, management is helpful and wants to see co-workers to succeed . gives good hours, offers promotions, feels like a second family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval