Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Great Job
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Working for Victoria's secret instills a type of confidence in yourself. You feel secure, able to express yourself to management , able to apply for advancements and the benefits are great! I highly recommend this job if you are a people person , your co-workers and customers love to talk to you and get excited when you have a similar interest in Victoria Secret items.
Pros
discounts, competetive wages
Cons
hours are dsependant on your store
Time Changes All
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Starting out at this establishment was wonderful, it was an upbeat, fun, and respectful place to work. In the span of my time with the company, it has unfortunately become a negative experience. I am loyal to the company, yet happiness is quite a large equation when it comes to career options. I feel it is time to move on to bigger and brighter things where I can put my skills and immense experience to good use.
I can't wait for a positive change.
Pros
Kind fellow employees, fun
Cons
Lack of hours, unsatisfactory pay, lack of raises or promotions
Productive and a fun environment to work in
Pink Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 3, 2016
This company is a very upbeat environment with great benefits and opportunities of bonuses. It is also a competitive atmosphere which is fun at first.
Fast Paced
Sales Specialist and New Hire Mentor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
Fun job all-in-all.
Management makes a good point of ensuring that you're coached for performance
They put a lot of time and money into training
Advancement in the company is scarce, most of the management is recruited externally.
The way they choose salary is unexplainable, as many people with little experience will make more than others.
Pros
Team environment, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Salary, Advancement
Great experience for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
A typical day would be showing up for you shift, signing in and meeting with the manager to discuss your position on the floor.
Once assigned a room ie room 1, 2 or 3 or being placed in fitting rooms you go to work.
Pros
Fun place to work, if you're a good worker you get raises
Cons
Call-in shifts, co-workers are rude, everyone for themselves
Productive and high performance environment
Sales & Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 30, 2016
I love my job at Victoria's Secret. My co-workers are enjoyable to work with and I love the high performance environment because I feel there is always something you can be doing and there are always goals to be met. The hardest part is probably dealing with "difficult" customers. There are always those types of customers at any job and it can be challenging figuring out how to handle it but also rewarding when you know you've done your best to rectify the situation. The most enjoyable part is getting acknowledged for all the work you've done. My manages are always recognizing good work and its rewarding and comforting knowing you're appreciated for doing a great job.
Pros
the environment/culture
Cons
piggy back shifts
Stay away!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 16, 2016
Working at Victoria's Secret may seem like a dream job for the mean time, but I would stay away from working at Vaughan Mills mainly because there is a lot of favouritism from the managers. They will also tell you not to gossip but they will do it with their office doors wide open or even with the employees. They'll also bully you, especially in front of customers but then turn around and do the same thing (if not worse) and not get any backlash for it. They're on a power trip and are extremely hypocritical. They yell at you for low sales when they don't know how to sell themselves. They've also gone into the lunch room and yelled out how b*tchy and annoying their customers are and talk to customers like they're stupid when they don't know much English. In the beginning, they'll usually got paid to SIT AND GOSSIP in their offices when they should've been on the floor helping with put backs and sales. It has even gotten to the point where over 20 employees have reported them but nobody has gotten fired. That's how you know you're screwed either way haha.
Pros
Discounts and you make a lot of good friends
Cons
Managers are bullies
VS in a blurb
Merchandising Supervisor/Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 30, 2016
Overall a great company to work for. They have provided me with excessive experience in my field of passion; visual merchandising. I have learned a lot about the success of the company and how I, as part of the management team, contribute to it in multiple ways. I love creating and executing floor ma[s and visual changes on a daily basis and Victoria's Secret gives you lots of practice and experience by molding and evolving visually as the brand continues to grow.
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 21, 2016
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
short or few hours of work
Good work environment but no hours.
Product display and management of inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoy my job but am unwilling to accept the hours. I need to contribute to my family and this position is not fulfilling those requirements. The position really caters to the young and not for those who have more responsibilities. The management and co-workers are good and I have enjoyed me employment with them.
Pros
I do have flexibility with the organization.
Cons
Short hours.
Uplifting Work Enviorment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 11, 2016
It is a great work place.
The individual experiences you create for guests is memorable, it feels very rewarding to have the chance to make a woman love her body.
The girls I work with and have meet through this job have become amazing friends, it became more than a workplace, it has become a home. Management was easy to approach in any situation, each have their strong points but they are always there to talk.
The environment is a judge-free zone. We are there to create an uplifting experience and we end up lifting up each other at the same time.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a guest the way you would like too, it takes more than a pretty piece of lingerie to get your confidence back-it takes your whole mind before your whole body to feel beautiful. So when a woman is in that mindset sometimes it is hard to get her to come out of it.
Holiday season hiree
Cashier/Sales/Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 20, 2016
I didn't find the management to be encouraging or helpful. I felt like another number that didn't matter. When I struggled and asked for help in understanding I was treated like I bothered them or I was stupid. My hours were barely existent to pay bills and when I did work people were unfriendly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unfriendly staff and management with no hours available.
Bra Specialist At Victoria's Secret
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 21, 2016
I am currently working as a bra specialist at Victoria's Secret, it is one of my favorite jobs so far. Working in the fitting rooms have been a challenge because I am dealing with all types of bodies which forces me to have an open mind and not discriminate. I have also gotten the courage and a lot of retail experience, reading customers cues and body language.
A busy but yet fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmotnon, ABJanuary 18, 2016
I would start at 6am and we would get right to doing a shipment, usually like 12 boxes of panties had to go out and then later on we would push all the bras to the floor. I learned how to work in a big company, that it takes effort and time to communicate to management because my job has over 100 employees. I never had a problem with a single co-worker, I have made many new friends since starting this job. The hardest part would be my one manager, she's a little harsh and very pushy and likes to yell at us a lot but besides that that I love all the managers. Standing on my feet for 10 hours is pretty tough sometimes. The most enjoyable would be helping customers and especially women find something that they feel comfortable in and that fits their bodies right and also helping them gain confidence with their bodies.
Pros
Flexible hours-free stuff-buy in's-great environment
Cons
Long days-harsh boss-call in's
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
I was a bra specialist so my role was to be in charge of the fitting rooms, and provide bra fittings, with exceptional customer service. I have learned how to gain more confidence, and the company providing me with a lot of workshop classes to learn how to become a better selling associate. My management was especially friendly and always treated us associates as family, yet knew when to give constructive feedback. My co-workers were a huge part of the joyof my job; we all worked as a team/family, and we were successful together, and made the company a better place to work, with the excellence of amazing co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not giving a customer what they needed because we ran out of stock, or they didn't fit our product. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customer so happy that she returned as a customer for life, and when we change her life,
Pros
Flexible, management, co-workers, company.
Cons
Getting in tiffs with co-workers, some management, inconsistency.
Fun, fast paced
Temporary Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 4, 2015
Fun place to work, with some supportive management.
Recently became a high selling environment, with some unrealistic expectations for new employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up new displays with colleagues and helping customers find comfortable, supportive, and exciting product. The company is always growing and expanding. You're always learning something new every day. There was a lot of variety in what I did every day, from small tasks, to large and sometimes challenging take down and set ups.
Pros
great discount, free merchandise
Cons
long hours, some very difficult management
Productive and fun workplace
Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part is working with such fun people, who never fail to make you smile, have fun but also work while your enjoying your time. Typical day includes helping customers with anything that they may need. While also replenishing the merchandise and help freshening up the store, and other various tasks that may need to be done.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
rude customers
productive and fun work environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 31, 2016
I always work as Cashier. what I am doing is handled all customer payment and reconciled of cash accounts. It is fun that you can talk with customers but sometimes you will work under pressure since there is line over the counter.
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
busy and work under pressure
Fast paced and a lot to learn
Associate/Stock associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 30, 2015
Other people will have a different view of the job, but it is just not for me. I currently do not feel like I fit in with this environment, nor do I feel like the management even likes me and it is ruining my entire experience with my job.

You have to have knowledge about the company, the products in which you have to work with. If you're on the floor, you have to keep everything organised as well as greet every customer. Make sure you match every customer with what they need. I mostly worked in the back and there is always LOTS of work. It wouldn't be so bad if some of my coworkers were knowledgeable as well, it's hard to find products if they don't know what they're describing for a backstock check.

Management is pretty good except for when it comes to me. I personally feel attacked pretty much every day and it ruins my perception of what it would be like if I was an outsider.

The hardest part of my job is honestly dealing with people constantly telling me what I'm doing isn't good enough. Ha.

And the best part would be the benefits for sure.
No hours. Hypocritical management. Competitive environment.
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 26, 2016
Although I loved working with my customers to find exactly what they needed, the management was very poor and we were frequently told to do better and work harder by the manager even though we would work our hardest and she was stealing our sales. It's a very competitive place to work as you fight for sales and your bonus. As a cashier, we would only bonus if the store did well. We got a bonus check once the whole time I worked there. I asked to switch to sales so I could get a chance to sell more and because I was good at it. The manager said yes and never switched me. I stayed as a cashier. I asked 3 more times and she said yes each time but never bothered to change my position. Your hours will always be inconsistent and the "on call" concept, although a good idea for the company if someone calls in sick, is a terrible impact on your life outside of work. As for the amount of hours, good luck getting some. There are 2 full time staff and majority of the staff who wanted full time ended up having to find a second job because no one would be given hours. The ratio of staff to hours able to be given is very poor. The only couple perks I found with my job was the scattered coworkers who didn't act fake and the free/very large discounted items every month. But they select the free item for you.
Cons
Poor management and hours.