Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

I hated working there with a passion.
Sales Associate (Seasonal Help) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
The fellow employees were stuck up snobs. They would give you something to do and then once you've almost completed the task they would run over and point out every single tiny mistake, such as: the bras aren't straight, the panties are bunches.
Pros
You get to work around beautiful bras and panties all day, every shift.
Cons
Snobby and ignorant co-workers.
fun
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 June 2017
Nothing hard to do when working at Victoira's secret. From cash up until stock it is all fun and fair. it does get really busy around sale days which does cause you to speed up
work
front work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2017
i couldnt really tell you a lot because i was there for only a month but from what i have learned it is a very professional place and very clean and people are rally nice and helpful
great seasonal job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2017
as i mentioned, it was a great holiday seasonal job where it eases you into the retail work. fun environment and great girls working there! I had a great time representing the brand
Fun and exciting place to work at
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
Working at Victoria's Secret is every girls dream as it is one place we all love to visit when we shop. It is never a boring job as everyday when you walk in is a different set up and it's a fabulous shift no matter what day it is! Love my job here and I'd come back in a heartbeat
Wonderful sense of community
BRA SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 June 2017
I loved coming to work every day. The women I worked with were always supportive and a pleasure to be around. They offered very good promotional discounts. Working in the fitting room allowed me to handle an array of intimate situations with respect and grace.
great pay at the beginning but constant changes
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eaton, ON6 June 2017
Started off with great commission but it lowered through the years, which provides very low job security. I started off thinking this would be my career but it is not the case
Flexible hours
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC6 June 2017
Part time work, good for students, will learn teamwork and organization skills as well as essential customer service. I would recommend this job to others.
Fast paced environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Maintaining the store is important. The way you look is important as well, you must look professional and approachable.
I learned how to appeal to customers and make the sales that were required of me.
Management sucks. They're very inconsiderate to most workers -- favoritism is obvious. Racism is huge there, the second an ethnic customer walks in, we are to follow them around because according to managers, they may steal. A lot of coworkers there are untrustworthy - i.e. they will steal your sales without the bat of an eyelash and although the managers are aware, they do nothing. In fact, they punish you for "not meeting up to sales requirements" although they know you did. The managers watch you through cameras all the time. Such an awful place. Only enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Sometimes we have Potlucks.
Cons
Very stressful, to the point where it's too much. Also a lot of untrustowrthy coworkers.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Robson, BC2 June 2017
Working here as a customer service associate allows for experience with a wide range of personalities in customers and coworkers. Their hours are quite long and you will need to put yourself out there to excel.
Isn't all glamour and gold
Cashier/Sales Associate (PT) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
The staff at this location was horrible to work with, very indecisive and unorganised which took away from the experience. Being pushed to haggle customers continuously takes away from their shopping experience, as well as the manager's telling you to only spend 2-3 mins with each customer.
nice place to work
Cashier, Sales Associate/ Generalist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2017
good discount
your body will killl
its hard to balance a life outside of school
its a lot of work
you meet a lot people
you learn things about people
you learn how to read people
Pros
discount
Cons
your gonna get worked so hard
Seasonal employee paid very little respect
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
The employees at this location were awfully unkind and very unwelcoming, and management paid no regard for work-life balance in regards to their employees. Minimum wage with no benefits or incentives.
Fun, engaging workplace with great coworkers and goals
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 May 2017
Victoria's Secret offers positions that allow individuals to work alone and as a team, doing fun, rewarding services for customers. We have set goals, and many ways to manage those goals. It is a social job, you meet many kinds of people, spend a lot of time cleaning/organizing. Management could use some work, however, company policy is always very strict, which is beneficial. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the public. The most enjoyable is helping women feel better about themselves, and working along some wonderful people.
Pros
Many breaks, discounts, incentives
Cons
Short shifts, odd hours
Not an enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 May 2017
Staff is not friendly, a lot of cliques and gossip during work. Overall made it not a comfortable and accepting environment. Was difficult to book time off work and had very little to be happy about when working bad hours with little shifts per week.
average worplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
The job itself is often underestimated, as it is, in fact, a lot of hard work. Management was great except for HR/recruitment team. Time tends to go by very slowly, however music makes up for the long hours, and lastly, monthly benefits such as free mini perfumes, lotions and etc are always a catch, as well as company discount available to employees at all limited brands locations.
Pros
discount
Cons
annoying dress code
Good experience
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 May 2017
Victoria's Secret has a good environment. Co-workers are nice and very helpful. They're very open to helping you when you ask, and they offer as well if they see you struggling. The store gets quite busy during afternoon or evening and that's when things usually gets intense, however, the support of staff and management helps keep the pressure under control.
Negative Environment
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 May 2017
Mangers did not support the millennials, they would ask University and high school students to skip class to take shifts. They motivate through negative reinforcement. I worked there for two years and was top seller, yet rarely ever heard positive feedback. I went from being top seller, to the bottom real fast due to me being upset and losing motivation from how they treated me and others. They did not do a good job of supporting us. They would put me by myself on the sales floor to sell when I worked at the largest store in Canada. It was overwhelming and frustrating because so many customers needed my help but there was only one of me and then I had to deal with the customers getting upset. Overall you don't want to work here, the managers work you like a dog and put all this pressure on you when it's always for their benefit and never yours.
Pros
Discount, made good friends
Cons
Dealing with management, overworked
Okay place to work
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
Management could be a bit better in terms of treating everyone equally. The mall was fairly busy therefore you'll always be occupied with customers, which is great. Learned a lot in regards to the latest fashion trends and bettering my interaction with customers. Pacing from one customer to the next can be difficult but at the end, it's all worth it.
get
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
work is great i enjoy helping customers and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times. The people i work with are great, wouldn't trade working with the company at this point in my life as i an on the verge of getting my career in order.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.