Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very cool place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2015
It was an awesome experience. It is very fast paced for the position I had held. The company has a unique story and I liked the fact that you basically worked how you saw fit.
exfkjhfgriuedkjghveilruadskjghvukfdjhgv
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), nunavutJuly 28, 2015
exykj,r7,o87c,7d7fulug7v diylddddddddssssduifkjhdugfijkdhgudksjghiduskjgfhiusdjkghrfiujksdghbvfhjsdhfueijdkshfriundjksghverujfgdhbirjdkhgnrjkdghvn
Very organized work place and great management
CUSTOMER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Etobicoke,ONJuly 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they need according to their own personal style and also meeting new people along the way.
Normal Day at VS
Sales Support (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 2, 2015
Go in, get self prepared for day of work. Call my manager and get a summary of what should happen today and my goal for the day. My manager would guide me in where i was station and continue to check on me during the day
productive, great work environment
High Velocity Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 25, 2015
Pros: knowledgeable coworkers
Cons: call in shifts
fast paced, customer service oriented. coworkers were most helpful as they had much product knowledge. the hardest part of the job was scheduling your day around a call-in shift that would most likely not be activated yet you were instructed that you had to keep that time free for the slim chance that it would be activated.
Great team building environment, New Management
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 15, 2015
I didn't work at Victoria's Secret for a long time, however while I was there I learned quite a bit. I wasn't impressed by how the managers treated there staff but I made a lot of great friends through this job!
Good seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), torontoJune 2, 2015
Got good hours, really good coworkers and most managers were nice. Very busy location so time went by fast, always a lot of work to do.
Overall a stressful work environment
associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 20, 2015
Pros: Gratis' fre items, if you work in Pink a free outfit
Cons: Management with the exception of one, selling tactics, high unattainable sales goals
I worked at VS four maybe six months and found it very stressful. The sales goals are ridiculous especially when the store is always dead. I also covered shifts in the Pink side and their goals are even more ridiculous since no one shops in there. The breaks are nice, if you work 4 to 5.5 hours you get a 15 minute break, anything over 6 and you always get two 15s and a half hour. The difficult thing is having the MANY managers actually pay attention to peoples break time. I've missed many breaks even after asking because managers can't be bothered to pay attention.
I did learn a lot about selling and can take everything I've learned with me to other retail stores. Also if you make your sales goals for the month you get back a percentage of that money back as an added bonus.
The associates are all lovely and will miss them dearly, they were the best part of my job. Customers were great too when I did get any. Always willing to listen and let me help.
Management was not enjoyable, I understand we have to make goals but there was too much pressure and if you don't achieve goals they put everyone's results up in the back and highlight them to see who is failing.
All in all, it was a good experience to learn about customer service and selling techniques, the hours were great if you want to work they give them to you. The management and selling goals and having to harass customers say your name at least three times so they remember you was not my cup of tea.
Would like it better if management stuck to policies.
Cash Wrap (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
Management will NEVER back you up when it comes to a customer giving an associate a hard time. I work cash, which is where all of the angry customers come to in order to get their way, and of course, they always do. After having argued with a customer over promotions, or if they demand a gift with purchase when they are under the limit, management will always give the customer what they want and make you look like an idiot for enforcing the proper policies and promotions. When it comes to the weekly schedule, it is always LATE. The schedule is supposed to be posted on Monday, but at my store, it isn't posted until Wednesday or Thursday. Today is Wednesday and it is no surprise that the schedule isn't posted for next week yet. On top of that, booking time off is literally like sacrificing a limb for them. They give you such a hard time when you have an event on a weekend or a doctors appointment during the week. Management has even threatened to start writing employees up for taking time off. WE ARE ENTITLED TO VACATION DAYS. The only good thing about this job are my fellow co-workers, the discount, and the fact that it pays my tuition. Other than that, VS is only good place to shop.
Glad I got the experience, but I wouldn't recommend.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good wage for part time, gratis and discounts, love the coworkers, many customers to help
Cons: Management, high pressure on sales goal
Initially, I was very excited to start my new part-time job at Victoria's Secret, especially because it was a brand new store. I soon realized it wasn't all that people think it is.

A typical day at work consists of a typical day in retail. You must greet, help, and basically pester every customer in your view. (This gets bad on Saturdays when we are over-staffed and customers begin to get very annoyed). I have worked in customer service before, so this wasn't too new to me. What was new was the pressure by the management and company, and a $200 per hour average sales goal. Which if you do not reach three months in a row you are fired.

The management is only average, if not below average. Many people have quit solely on not liking our managers. They all know what they are doing, but almost all of them are condescending when it comes to something like our sales goals. Only one has made me feel genuinely good about myself and my progress. Besides the one; no encouragement, rarely any praise without a catch (wanting you to boost your sales), and more often than not they just become plain rude.
It is hard for people to get rid of or trade shifts, even for important things such as family weddings and other significant events. There have also been instances of being scheduled completely outside of availability.

Co-workers for me are not a problem at all. I love all the girls that I work with and it really is a fun but also productive atmosphere. We get things done and help each other. My coworkers, wage, and gratis are the only things keeping me at the store.

I will admit that I have learned a lot in the short time I have had this job, such as how to be a better sales associate, how to work on a team, and perspective on how management can be. All said, I'm glad I took the job and am still sticking at it, but I no longer recommend people try to apply here.
Fun environment with people who make you feel like family
Lingerie Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 10, 2015
Great people to work with and for. Very encouraging when set to meet a goal, given all the resources and support you need.

- work closely with customers to ensure they get what they need

- I learned the proper technique when sizing a woman and how their garments should fit to provide them with optimal comfort
Fun workplace environment with intense training
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Perks, Friendly staff
Cons: Hours Vary, Harsh Management
This job was thoroughly enjoyable. The training was highly intensive so you learned the products really fast and you learned a lot from this job.
The management was a little bit too intense. They had unrealistically high expectations of sales goals without a true commission-based environment. The job would have been much more enjoyable without the harsh criticism and the feeling that management was always looking over your shoulder and judging your every move.
Great environment, Lots of fun and amazing employee gratis
Cash rep sales associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 18, 2015
Pros: Pot lock lunches, great disounts, amazing oppertunities
Victoria is a great company with lots of great opportunities.
At the start of every shift your 'warmed' up by a manger who goes through all the saes and deals and what's happening in the store that day. Management was great overall but I feel that they don't take care of their employees. Training is very short and I found with my store manager she was very passive aggressive and rude towards the employees if they didn't make her money. The hardest part of the job is getting sales. You need to be efficient and able to multitask and communicate with multiple customers and deliver the best customer service experience in order to make a sale and create customers for life. The best part of the job was the employee gratis. Every month employees were able to get a free item or a discount on merchandise.
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2015
It's retail.
Management was really all over the place. Store manager was great but shift leads were terrible. Picking favorites and not letting people use the washroom or get a drink.
Working at Victoria's Secret
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2015
Challenging, fast-paced, sales-oriented, accommodating managers, one 15-minute break for 5 hour shifts, learned how to appeal to customers from all walks of life, co-workers were very supportive, tired feet but enjoyed speaking to different people
Great Brand....Store Manager Ruins the Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pointe Claire, QuebecApril 4, 2015
Pros: The discounts and the brand
Cons: The store Manager and the general working conditions
Typical day is seriving custmers, replacing stock and sell...sell...sell!
When the store opened it was great but the store manager sarted to show her true colors of showing favorites, showing her lack of competence and her genral lack of concern for her staff including th other managers. Some employees do not get shifts and it is always the same paople closing. We always have to stay at least 2 hours after closing to ut things back in place while the manager sits in the back and does not help.
Work Day
Cashier (Current Employee), YorkdaleMarch 30, 2015
My shifts consist of evenings, where I assist customers with questions. I am part of the cash team, so I do basic duties of a cashier. I also maintain cleanliness. I answer phone calls and attend to customers on the phone lines.
Fast paced and a lot to learn
Associate/Stock associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 30, 2015
Other people will have a different view of the job, but it is just not for me. I currently do not feel like I fit in with this environment, nor do I feel like the management even likes me and it is ruining my entire experience with my job.

You have to have knowledge about the company, the products in which you have to work with. If you're on the floor, you have to keep everything organised as well as greet every customer. Make sure you match every customer with what they need. I mostly worked in the back and there is always LOTS of work. It wouldn't be so bad if some of my coworkers were knowledgeable as well, it's hard to find products if they don't know what they're describing for a backstock check.

Management is pretty good except for when it comes to me. I personally feel attacked pretty much every day and it ruins my perception of what it would be like if I was an outsider.

The hardest part of my job is honestly dealing with people constantly telling me what I'm doing isn't good enough. Ha.

And the best part would be the benefits for sure.
work
Pink, Sales Associate and Cash Lead (Current Employee), markvill mallMarch 22, 2015
Pros: love the product and store
Cons: selling culture
show up to work on time get the beauty belt and head set ready
hit the sales floor
then immediately we are reminded about how much we need to sell per hour
which has now been pushed so much customers think we are commission
its lead to sales associates saying their name way too much and bombarding customers that have been already assisted by other associates

hardest part of the job is the selling culture
im great at multi tasking so i am able to keep my zone fully organized ie; ROYGBVd drawers panties in order and table tops stocked
while helping customers and preventing any unwanted angels from shop lifting
but the selling culture of name exchange can be awkward
and leads to loss of sales or stress of sales

i love the store environment
i love my managers
Everyone was quite nice to me. Everyone who worked there always encouraged each other to better themselves.
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits, every month there is an item that is either free or very cheap for the employees, and after three months of work you get a long list of items that you can have.
Cons: i mean it's sales, it's not everyones cup of tea.
Like most days in sales, you serve the customer as best as you can. Some days suck, maybe because you don't feel well or that just some customers literally are too much to handle. This was my first job in sales and all in all it was not bad. I got to learn how the sales industry works.

Managers were fine, but they are your boss so it's much more relaxed around your co-workers.

Hardest part was learning quickly so I can live up to the VS standards.

Overall, it was a nice experience, but if I every want to work sales again I think I want to go in my comfort zone of sporting goods.

1 2 3 4 5

About Victoria's Secret

VICTORIA'S SECRET STORES Visit one of the most powerful, sexy and glamorous stores in the world, Victoria's Secret, where you'll – Read more

Victoria's Secret Photos