Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Not an enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 May 2017
Staff is not friendly, a lot of cliques and gossip during work. Overall made it not a comfortable and accepting environment. Was difficult to book time off work and had very little to be happy about when working bad hours with little shifts per week.
average worplace
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
The job itself is often underestimated, as it is, in fact, a lot of hard work. Management was great except for HR/recruitment team. Time tends to go by very slowly, however music makes up for the long hours, and lastly, monthly benefits such as free mini perfumes, lotions and etc are always a catch, as well as company discount available to employees at all limited brands locations.
Pros
discount
Cons
annoying dress code
Good experience
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 May 2017
Victoria's Secret has a good environment. Co-workers are nice and very helpful. They're very open to helping you when you ask, and they offer as well if they see you struggling. The store gets quite busy during afternoon or evening and that's when things usually gets intense, however, the support of staff and management helps keep the pressure under control.
Negative Environment
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 May 2017
Mangers did not support the millennials, they would ask University and high school students to skip class to take shifts. They motivate through negative reinforcement. I worked there for two years and was top seller, yet rarely ever heard positive feedback. I went from being top seller, to the bottom real fast due to me being upset and losing motivation from how they treated me and others. They did not do a good job of supporting us. They would put me by myself on the sales floor to sell when I worked at the largest store in Canada. It was overwhelming and frustrating because so many customers needed my help but there was only one of me and then I had to deal with the customers getting upset. Overall you don't want to work here, the managers work you like a dog and put all this pressure on you when it's always for their benefit and never yours.
Pros
Discount, made good friends
Cons
Dealing with management, overworked
Okay place to work
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
Management could be a bit better in terms of treating everyone equally. The mall was fairly busy therefore you'll always be occupied with customers, which is great. Learned a lot in regards to the latest fashion trends and bettering my interaction with customers. Pacing from one customer to the next can be difficult but at the end, it's all worth it.
get
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
work is great i enjoy helping customers and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times. The people i work with are great, wouldn't trade working with the company at this point in my life as i an on the verge of getting my career in order.
not a good job. This job is good for a high schooler. poor pay
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
I don't recommend anyone to work for them. The pay is poor and they don't give you hours. They don't consider that you have bills to pay. They can do better.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours. management are not good. lie about getting commission
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 May 2017
It was a great place to work and everyone on the management team made me feel very welcomed. I only worked there for 3 months because I was on contract so I never learned as much as I wanted to about the company.
Great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 May 2017
This was a great company to work for. They offered a lot of flexible shifts that worked with my schedule. The team was also very nice and most people were always willing to take or swap shifts. I learned a lot about the company and grew an appreciation for the work the sales people put into making your shopping experience comfortable. The workplace culture was very inclusive and I had a lot of supportive co-workers. The hardest part about the job was learning the bra types, however you became more comfortable with time. The best part of the job was the ability to try out new products that launched and the perks of free gifts we received when a new product came out. It was a great way to provide customers with personal feedback.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Company is nor here, nor there
Cash Lead/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 May 2017
treats employees unfairly, somewhat of a helpful management, poor scheduling structure, poor incident handling techniques, fun physical environment, good incentives
customer service, great team
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2017
Such a great place to work with, awesome team awesome customers always ,i been learning having all type customer emotions handling all problems in a best way , all problems solving by team work , as you know there is awesome team behind you
Pros
free gratis
Friendly
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
It was a friendly environment that provided the opportunity to learn patience and multitasking. Folding items was the only downfall, but then again, thought patience.
Fun workplace however management was not the best
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 April 2017
Overall, Victoria Secret is a good company to work at it has many perks. However, the location that I worked at was not the best. Management at this certain location was not the best. Constantly told us to wear makeup to work and did not respect the fact that some of us had school and exams.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Great company to work for, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
Working for the company itself was great. They give you a gratis when you first start which includes a bunch of free merchandise, as well as free clothing items every couple of months for employees. The discount itself wasn't bad either. Although it's a great place to work and staff themselves are really friendly, the managers can be stuck-up and rude. You always feel watched and untrusted and as if they are talking down to you. They also cut hours, and when you ask for an explanation, they can't give you one.
Pros
Free clothes every few months, discount
Fast-paced
Costumer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
The work environment is extremely fast and you must always be "on" with customer service. Management is very selfish with employees time, and wants part-time employees to be completely devoted to the job.
Victoria Secret
Cashier/Sales & Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 April 2017
I worked at Victoria Secret for a year and a half in the beginning I found the other employees made it hard for me to feel comfortable but the pay and hours were great. Once the management changed you'd receive shifts based on your friendships rather then your performance which is why I'm looking for a new job at the moment. Overall good environment if you make the right friends.
Pros
Great store discount
Cons
Bias towards those who got shifts based on friendships
Management was micromanaging everybody
Cashier/Sales Associate/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 April 2017
The store has extremely strict procedures and policies regarding everything - floorsets, selling to customers and attitudes. The management was the worst part. They were strict, unclear with instructions and quick to anger and frustration. They liked to bully people around and make them feel little and powerless. I would not recommend this job.
Fun place to work, but takes itself too seriously
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2017
I really liked working here and the job attracts a lot of people who are really great. Unfortuantely, there is a lot of pressure around sales and the company never really seems to be satisfied with the work that is done.
Enjoyable Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 April 2017
Typical day shift at Victoria's Secret consists of:
Opening and Closing
Cleaning and re-organizing store merchandise (especially at cash)
Understanding how to properly size women and fit them into their desired bra.
Hardest part of the job is understanding not all women like fancy lingerie, therefore it is not in your best interest to start discussing pricey underwear and bras, as you may lose them at a customer.
Retail work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 April 2017
Nights and weekends..short shifts and split shifts.
Difficult area supervisors who over ride store managers..not sure who you work for. It probably is no different than any retail store.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
night shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.