Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace
Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part is working with such fun people, who never fail to make you smile, have fun but also work while your enjoying your time. Typical day includes helping customers with anything that they may need. While also replenishing the merchandise and help freshening up the store, and other various tasks that may need to be done.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
rude customers
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 21, 2016
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
short or few hours of work
Productive and high performance environment
Sales & Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 30, 2016
I love my job at Victoria's Secret. My co-workers are enjoyable to work with and I love the high performance environment because I feel there is always something you can be doing and there are always goals to be met. The hardest part is probably dealing with "difficult" customers. There are always those types of customers at any job and it can be challenging figuring out how to handle it but also rewarding when you know you've done your best to rectify the situation. The most enjoyable part is getting acknowledged for all the work you've done. My manages are always recognizing good work and its rewarding and comforting knowing you're appreciated for doing a great job.
Pros
the environment/culture
Cons
piggy back shifts
fun workplace
Part-Time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
There as always something to do.
I learned a lot about fitting bras with different shapes and sizes of women.
Management was a little unstable never kept one too long.
great co workers.
hardest part was when we didn't have a manger and had to learn thing which were not part of my position
Love helping people find the right sizes
Pros
great staff
Cons
change in management often
Great Job
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Working for Victoria's secret instills a type of confidence in yourself. You feel secure, able to express yourself to management , able to apply for advancements and the benefits are great! I highly recommend this job if you are a people person , your co-workers and customers love to talk to you and get excited when you have a similar interest in Victoria Secret items.
Pros
discounts, competetive wages
Cons
hours are dsependant on your store
productive and fun
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 30, 2016
The staff are kind and easy to get along with, they all work as a team. management helps set goals for you and makes sure you reach them, they let you know where you are when trying to reach your overall goal and your daily sales goal.
Pros
some paid breaks
Cons
not a lot of hours, shipment shifts often get cancelled
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 21, 2016
a lot of measuring and shelf-organizing involved; some heavy lifting of merchandise in the back rooms. management and coworkers are amazing. hardest part would be cleaning up after the customers' mess. enjoyable part would be the discounts on products.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Excellent, supportive sales people. Very good training.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Burnaby B.C.February 21, 2016
A typical day at work was extremely fast paced and busy which I enjoyed.
There are a lot of different managers which always means someone is available to help when you are knew.
Hardest part of the job was poor floor training.
Also, when my term of employment ended I was simply removed from the schedule. Not one single manager spoke with me, called me or returned my calls. I simply received a thank you card in the mail.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and the other sales people.
Time Changes All
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Starting out at this establishment was wonderful, it was an upbeat, fun, and respectful place to work. In the span of my time with the company, it has unfortunately become a negative experience. I am loyal to the company, yet happiness is quite a large equation when it comes to career options. I feel it is time to move on to bigger and brighter things where I can put my skills and immense experience to good use.
I can't wait for a positive change.
Pros
Kind fellow employees, fun
Cons
Lack of hours, unsatisfactory pay, lack of raises or promotions
Fun Place to work with good products to sell
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 1, 2016
It is a busy, huge retail store, which is trying to be the best they can. I learned a lot about how a store works, how to deal with money and the issues faced in a big retail store. I also learned how customers are different and demand attention.
It is a good place to work however it is not my field. I am learning a lot and definitely will use a lot of the skills acquired there in my next job.
Pros
Fun, beautiful, a lot to learn as employee and as customer
Cons
Not my field, new managers
Interesting Place to Work
High Velocity Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
As far as first time jobs go, this one was decent. As a seasonal employee I spent most of my shifts fixing displays and doing go backs (putting products back on display after they have been in the change rooms). My only complaint is how isolated I felt while working there. Only a few coworkers would say hi or talk to me in the break room, everyone else already knew each other and had formed their "circles". So aside from feeling like there were cliques amongst my coworkers, it was a pretty easy and fun job.
Pros
employee discount, easy job, fun
Cons
coworkers
Fun and productive place to work especailly if you need something simple
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, ABMay 23, 2016
A lot of standing, and interacting with people you wear all black so it's very slick but over all it can be a nice place to work
Pros
free or discounted appreal
Qorking at Victoria Secret
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 6, 2016
Victoria’s Secret is an iconic specialty retail brand that needs no introduction. Thename is equivalent to all things feminine and sexy including our intimate apparel, sleepwear and beauty products.
Pros
They discount is decent. The management is supper understanding.
Cons
A lot of information to know and it requires you to be able to think on your feet and fast.
Uplifting Work Enviorment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 11, 2016
It is a great work place.
The individual experiences you create for guests is memorable, it feels very rewarding to have the chance to make a woman love her body.
The girls I work with and have meet through this job have become amazing friends, it became more than a workplace, it has become a home. Management was easy to approach in any situation, each have their strong points but they are always there to talk.
The environment is a judge-free zone. We are there to create an uplifting experience and we end up lifting up each other at the same time.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a guest the way you would like too, it takes more than a pretty piece of lingerie to get your confidence back-it takes your whole mind before your whole body to feel beautiful. So when a woman is in that mindset sometimes it is hard to get her to come out of it.
Positive Environment, Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
great co workers,easy to get along with, great benefits and selling incentives, learned not only selling, but visual displays and stock and shipment as well
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
A busy but yet fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmotnon, ABJanuary 18, 2016
I would start at 6am and we would get right to doing a shipment, usually like 12 boxes of panties had to go out and then later on we would push all the bras to the floor. I learned how to work in a big company, that it takes effort and time to communicate to management because my job has over 100 employees. I never had a problem with a single co-worker, I have made many new friends since starting this job. The hardest part would be my one manager, she's a little harsh and very pushy and likes to yell at us a lot but besides that that I love all the managers. Standing on my feet for 10 hours is pretty tough sometimes. The most enjoyable would be helping customers and especially women find something that they feel comfortable in and that fits their bodies right and also helping them gain confidence with their bodies.
Pros
Flexible hours-free stuff-buy in's-great environment
Cons
Long days-harsh boss-call in's
okay retail position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 5, 2016
enjoyable to begin with hectic during sales management is alright culd be run better but the employees were great good playful atmosphere and funny customers
Positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
Stay away!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 16, 2016
Working at Victoria's Secret may seem like a dream job for the mean time, but I would stay away from working at Vaughan Mills mainly because there is a lot of favouritism from the managers. They will also tell you not to gossip but they will do it with their office doors wide open or even with the employees. They'll also bully you, especially in front of customers but then turn around and do the same thing (if not worse) and not get any backlash for it. They're on a power trip and are extremely hypocritical. They yell at you for low sales when they don't know how to sell themselves. They've also gone into the lunch room and yelled out how b*tchy and annoying their customers are and talk to customers like they're stupid when they don't know much English. In the beginning, they'll usually got paid to SIT AND GOSSIP in their offices when they should've been on the floor helping with put backs and sales. It has even gotten to the point where over 20 employees have reported them but nobody has gotten fired. That's how you know you're screwed either way haha.
Pros
Discounts and you make a lot of good friends
Cons
Managers are bullies
It was an amazing pay, experience but no advancement
"Full-time Sales Specialist" (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
it was good but no room for growth and advancement.
It was amazing getting free products when you're an employee there. Sometimes, it is a "buy-in" where it is priced for cheap for thei employees. The management is awesome.
The only downside of this is it is commissioned. So, often times, the girls fight for sales.
Pros
free products/bras, buy-in for lowered prices for employees, commission is great
Cons
associates fight for sales all the time since it is commissioned.