Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

pretty bad management was rushed and unsteady hours
Seasonal Part- time (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 January 2017
In the beginning I quite loved the working environment. However it had bad management( rude Customer Service Leads, unsteady hours per week and sometimes on call. You get forced to listen to people order you around when they are not even your supervisor.... I bared with it for 3 months but that was it .I wouldn't recommend even though it is $11.25/hour. If the management is stressful then you will be stressed out as well.
Pros
11.25/hour
Cons
poor management, bossy colleges, rude CSL
Friendly and fast-paced
Cashier, Beauty Associate & Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2016
In my short time with Victoria's Secret, I was surprised with the incredible team I had the pleasure of working with. The manager's were honest with you, they followed up constantly in regards to inquiries of growth and assistance.

Minimum wage is expected for employees on the floor but have heard good things of positions higher. At the end of the day, I resigned from the Store due to hours as their hours are based on product sales, however it is a corrupt system as those who do not get the hours to work, cannot stabilize their sales skills.
Pros
Fast paced, Confident Environment, Gender Friendly, Happy Customers
Cons
Corrupt scheduling, Pay rate
Great Place to work for advancement and training
Full-Time Generalist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 January 2017
Most enjoyable part of this job for me was learning about the product, as well as the floor sets. The Victoria Secret team is fantastic and all very friendly. Management wants to see you succeed and do their best to help you achieve high sales and great customer service. The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours and working holidays.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Working holidays
Exciting company to work for
Associate/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
I was the setting up for grand opening and it was amazing! The staff and management had put their hearts into creating that beautiful store and it was so fun to work there. I was named one of the first bra specialists in Canada and it is something I will always cherish. I moved up quickly in the company and was trained to do so many different things it was a great experience. Management changed and the uncertainty of all the changes was very unsettling. The essence of what the president of the company believed and wanted in thenstorea was noi what we were experiencing as employees.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Uncertainty under new management
Productive, Yet Redundant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2016
A typical day at work includes folding, sorting, and putting away lingerie. I learned how manipulative time can be. It either slows down or speed up and in this case, it slows down. I think the hardest part of my job is working with time because work is predictable and one will find oneself doing the same thing over and over again, and which makes it difficult to look forward to going to work. However, my friendly co-workers make the long hours bearable.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Redundant tasks
Good work environment but no hours.
Product display and management of inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
I enjoy my job but am unwilling to accept the hours. I need to contribute to my family and this position is not fulfilling those requirements. The position really caters to the young and not for those who have more responsibilities. The management and co-workers are good and I have enjoyed me employment with them.
Pros
I do have flexibility with the organization.
Cons
Short hours.
Holiday season hiree
Cashier/Sales/Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2016
I didn't find the management to be encouraging or helpful. I felt like another number that didn't matter. When I struggled and asked for help in understanding I was treated like I bothered them or I was stupid. My hours were barely existent to pay bills and when I did work people were unfriendly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unfriendly staff and management with no hours available.
Amazing!
Victoria's Secret Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Troy, ON11 January 2017
Overall best job I have had so far. Great benefits / gratis, great motivation and management, awesome friendships and literally no drama or gossip - there is no time or room for drama in a fast paced higher fashion elite environment like VS. Thats why I loved it so much.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
unorganized , uncertainty about hours you work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 December 2016
hours are not stable , shifts are call in , management is unorganized ,there are not benefits and they are not understanding of your situation. Good coworkers are the only pro
Pros
Discount, good coworkers
Cons
Unstable hours, disorganized
Bra Specialist At Victoria's Secret
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 August 2016
I am currently working as a bra specialist at Victoria's Secret, it is one of my favorite jobs so far. Working in the fitting rooms have been a challenge because I am dealing with all types of bodies which forces me to have an open mind and not discriminate. I have also gotten the courage and a lot of retail experience, reading customers cues and body language.
VS in a blurb
Merchandising Supervisor/Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 July 2016
Overall a great company to work for. They have provided me with excessive experience in my field of passion; visual merchandising. I have learned a lot about the success of the company and how I, as part of the management team, contribute to it in multiple ways. I love creating and executing floor ma[s and visual changes on a daily basis and Victoria's Secret gives you lots of practice and experience by molding and evolving visually as the brand continues to grow.
seasonal hire
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2017
Hired as a seasonal associate, received a good amount of shifts during the holiday season, It was very busy I was mostly on cash and had some early morning shipment shifts. Didn't really like the management team. My co workers were pretty friendly though.
Amicable Workplace
Generalist Position, Victoria's Secret (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2016
It was a comfortable environment, although the management was not always excellent, everyone kept a positive mind and worked to reach a desirable result.
I gained a different perspective of what teamwork is about, and organizational tips.
productive and fun work environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2016
I always work as Cashier. what I am doing is handled all customer payment and reconciled of cash accounts. It is fun that you can talk with customers but sometimes you will work under pressure since there is line over the counter.
Pros
coworkers are nice
Cons
busy and work under pressure
High Performance Selling Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada5 January 2017
If you are passionate and driven to succeed, Victoria's Secret is a the perfect place for you. Very competitive wages and strong incentive program. Demands a lot of time and does not support work/life balance.
Productive and fun workplace
Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 June 2016
The most enjoyable part is working with such fun people, who never fail to make you smile, have fun but also work while your enjoying your time. Typical day includes helping customers with anything that they may need. While also replenishing the merchandise and help freshening up the store, and other various tasks that may need to be done.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
rude customers
event staff
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Cross iron mills Balzac Alberta11 January 2017
cleaning the change rooms
closing the store
opening the store
changing signs
color coding the clothes
Pros
free clothes
Cons
not much hours
Productive workplace
Seasonal Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Extremely clean environment and outstanding employees. Management was also excellent and overall it was a fun environment to work in.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2016
a lot of measuring and shelf-organizing involved; some heavy lifting of merchandise in the back rooms. management and coworkers are amazing. hardest part would be cleaning up after the customers' mess. enjoyable part would be the discounts on products.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 April 2016
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
short or few hours of work