Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Stock/ Sales support generalist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 January 2017
The management here was very unorganized and stressful to one as an employee. When hired, I was told that i would have proper training in all departments.That did not happen. I was told to fold panties and not taught anything about the job other than where to tag. When a customer asked me for help i would not know what to do due to the lack of training. I was felt like i could not ask due to the poor management. When
Pros
Good salary
Amazing!
Victoria's Secret Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Troy, ON11 January 2017
Overall best job I have had so far. Great benefits / gratis, great motivation and management, awesome friendships and literally no drama or gossip - there is no time or room for drama in a fast paced higher fashion elite environment like VS. Thats why I loved it so much.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
unorganized , uncertainty about hours you work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 December 2016
hours are not stable , shifts are call in , management is unorganized ,there are not benefits and they are not understanding of your situation. Good coworkers are the only pro
Pros
Discount, good coworkers
Cons
Unstable hours, disorganized
overall it enhanced my learning alertness
Sales and support generalist (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2017
I learnt so much hands on the job and i am pleased for this experience, I got good support from my managers and colleagues and this helped me grow and perform at my uttermost best whilst working here. a typical day at work required standing for long hours when scheduled, performing repitiive tasks some times
Pros
MONTHLY EMPLOYEE GIVEAWAYS
Cons
NO HOURS OUTSIDE FESTIVE PERIODS
Exciting company to work for
Associate/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
I was the setting up for grand opening and it was amazing! The staff and management had put their hearts into creating that beautiful store and it was so fun to work there. I was named one of the first bra specialists in Canada and it is something I will always cherish. I moved up quickly in the company and was trained to do so many different things it was a great experience. Management changed and the uncertainty of all the changes was very unsettling. The essence of what the president of the company believed and wanted in thenstorea was noi what we were experiencing as employees.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Uncertainty under new management
Great place to work so long as good managers.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2017
Really great company to work for. You receive regular free bras, panties, outfits, makeup, and perfume as titled as 'gratis'. The company also has numerous incentive programs that rewards workers who do their job well with monthly bonuses. Like any other retailer if the managers are bad then the store is bad. The store I worked at went through three different store managers in less than two years but now has a great one which makes the job much better. Getting good hours is next to impossible. You can never count on a consistent paycheque.
Pros
Gratis, incentive programs, high base rate.
Cons
Hours for pay not consistent
pretty bad management was rushed and unsteady hours
Seasonal Part- time (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 January 2017
In the beginning I quite loved the working environment. However it had bad management( rude Customer Service Leads, unsteady hours per week and sometimes on call. You get forced to listen to people order you around when they are not even your supervisor.... I bared with it for 3 months but that was it .I wouldn't recommend even though it is $11.25/hour. If the management is stressful then you will be stressed out as well.
Pros
11.25/hour
Cons
poor management, bossy colleges, rude CSL
Fun and Upbeat Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Working at Victoria Secret equipped me with the skills to engage and service different types of people. Each day new customers come into the store with completely different needs and as a sales associate it is my job to find out exactly what that need is. A typical day at work involves conversing with customers, both prospective and definite, and making sure that their style requests are being met to the best of the company's ability. Ringing through sales and engaging with customers at the cash wrap is also part of a typical day, as well as replenishing merchandise and keeping the store organized and tidy.

The management at Victoria Secret is very efficient and knowledgeable which makes for a very informed team. The managers are friendly and always take time to give feedback and offer support.

The hardest part of the job is overcoming styling barriers. It's not always that you are able to give someone the exact product that they want and so it can be a challenge finding them something similar that will fit their needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team of people who are driven and know their craft well.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Don't always finish at scheduled time
fun place with amazing coworkers full of energy
Setting up merchandise on the sales floor (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC23 February 2017
it was a pretty fun place to work giving people really good customer services is really their goal and they try to push that to every single one of their workers their management is flexible and conscious of students lives outside of work.
Pros
holidays will keep you busy and pockets flowing
Cons
dead season means less hours if you are not full time
High Performance Selling Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada5 January 2017
If you are passionate and driven to succeed, Victoria's Secret is a the perfect place for you. Very competitive wages and strong incentive program. Demands a lot of time and does not support work/life balance.
Pressurized job
Canada - Flagship Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
Senior management are manipulative. My SM listened to department managers and staff and often disciplined her ASMs without speaking to us first.

Culture was great though. Became really bought into the brand.

Hours are long and stressful as segments are high pressured.
Pros
good culture
Cons
manipulative
Great Job
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2016
Working for Victoria's secret instills a type of confidence in yourself. You feel secure, able to express yourself to management , able to apply for advancements and the benefits are great! I highly recommend this job if you are a people person , your co-workers and customers love to talk to you and get excited when you have a similar interest in Victoria Secret items.
Pros
discounts, competetive wages
Cons
hours are dsependant on your store
Great Place to work for advancement and training
Full-Time Generalist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 January 2017
Most enjoyable part of this job for me was learning about the product, as well as the floor sets. The Victoria Secret team is fantastic and all very friendly. Management wants to see you succeed and do their best to help you achieve high sales and great customer service. The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours and working holidays.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Working holidays
Productive, Yet Redundant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2016
A typical day at work includes folding, sorting, and putting away lingerie. I learned how manipulative time can be. It either slows down or speed up and in this case, it slows down. I think the hardest part of my job is working with time because work is predictable and one will find oneself doing the same thing over and over again, and which makes it difficult to look forward to going to work. However, my friendly co-workers make the long hours bearable.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Redundant tasks
Friendly and fast-paced
Cashier, Beauty Associate & Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2016
In my short time with Victoria's Secret, I was surprised with the incredible team I had the pleasure of working with. The manager's were honest with you, they followed up constantly in regards to inquiries of growth and assistance.

Minimum wage is expected for employees on the floor but have heard good things of positions higher. At the end of the day, I resigned from the Store due to hours as their hours are based on product sales, however it is a corrupt system as those who do not get the hours to work, cannot stabilize their sales skills.
Pros
Fast paced, Confident Environment, Gender Friendly, Happy Customers
Cons
Corrupt scheduling, Pay rate
Time Changes All
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2016
Starting out at this establishment was wonderful, it was an upbeat, fun, and respectful place to work. In the span of my time with the company, it has unfortunately become a negative experience. I am loyal to the company, yet happiness is quite a large equation when it comes to career options. I feel it is time to move on to bigger and brighter things where I can put my skills and immense experience to good use.
I can't wait for a positive change.
Pros
Kind fellow employees, fun
Cons
Lack of hours, unsatisfactory pay, lack of raises or promotions
Positive Environment, Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2016
great co workers,easy to get along with, great benefits and selling incentives, learned not only selling, but visual displays and stock and shipment as well
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
Difficult and uncomfortable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
The work itself was very straightforward, but I felt as if the other employers were not very accepting, and not able to let me be alone to do my job. Instead, they hovered and watched my every move not trusting that I could do what I was told, which made me very uncomfortable. The group of people that were already working there when I went in were not very accepting of new employees and made me feel out of place.
A super fun workplace with amazing people
Merchandising/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 October 2016
PINK was one of the best companies I have worked for. They are very very good to their employees and treat them very well. You always feel very importanbt there and that you are a huge contribution. The management is amazing as well as all of the staff, you feel like a team! The days were really fun, helping customers, changing the store around, inventory, doing stock. It was a great place to work at.
seasonal hire
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2017
Hired as a seasonal associate, received a good amount of shifts during the holiday season, It was very busy I was mostly on cash and had some early morning shipment shifts. Didn't really like the management team. My co workers were pretty friendly though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.