Victoria's Secret Employee Review

View all Victoria's Secret reviews

Fun and unique workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CA; Hayward, CA19 February 2013
Victoria's Secret was an enjoyable place to work. Most co-workers are friendly and management is encouraging. I learned to work in the fitting rooms, perform bra fittings, and how to recover clothing. The hardest part was recovering the underwear on a busy day. You could fold them all day and leave with them still looking like a storm hit them. The most enjoyable part of my job there was working with the customers and working in the fitting room. The one on one time with customers help you get to know them a little better and learn what there needs are. You are able to suggest things they may not have looked twice at and they end up loving it. Very few hours for most associates and if they are not busy enough they start sending people home. This wasn't so bad in Visalia, but the Hayward store did it almost every time I worked, therefore working me only 2 hours a week if that. Most employees are very nice, but there are "groups" or "cliques" which make it hard for some people to make actual friends. When I transferred to Hayward, a more expensive place to live than Visalia, they did not raise my pay which was definitely a bummer. In Hayward, there was a lot of theft. I witnessed a large one myself within the first week or so of working there(the second or third day).
Pros
complimentary items and discounts, the occasional $10-$20 bras, and the customers
Cons
few hours, little pay, theft

Other Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Co-workers on the floor were sweet
GENERALIST CASH SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2018
Co-workers were nice, the environment was decent. But the company itself does not care about their employees depending on who is managing the company.
Pros
Free Lunches once and a while
Cons
Supervisor treating employees like
Great
Generalist Employee (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 February 2018
Great job experience.Good management, some issues. Good team of people. Great hours. Sometimes have very tiresome days, however well worth it. Great pay and benefits if permanent.
Pros
great benefits/discounts
Cons
sometimes hard shifts during busy days, such as lots of cleaning and customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K