Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 21, 2016
a lot of measuring and shelf-organizing involved; some heavy lifting of merchandise in the back rooms. management and coworkers are amazing. hardest part would be cleaning up after the customers' mess. enjoyable part would be the discounts on products.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Productive and fun workplace
Generalist Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part is working with such fun people, who never fail to make you smile, have fun but also work while your enjoying your time. Typical day includes helping customers with anything that they may need. While also replenishing the merchandise and help freshening up the store, and other various tasks that may need to be done.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
rude customers
Fun and Great atmosphere
Sales Specialist/Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 26, 2016
Sales and Event Specialist for Victoria Secret part time.
Flexible work hours
great sales team
great support from collegues
Fun and productive place to work especailly if you need something simple
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, ABMay 23, 2016
A lot of standing, and interacting with people you wear all black so it's very slick but over all it can be a nice place to work
Pros
free or discounted appreal
Positive Environment, Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
great co workers,easy to get along with, great benefits and selling incentives, learned not only selling, but visual displays and stock and shipment as well
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
Positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
Great Company
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2016
Great people, hard working team and is a brand that refuses to settle or be complacent. Overall a great work environment.
productive and fun
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 30, 2016
The staff are kind and easy to get along with, they all work as a team. management helps set goals for you and makes sure you reach them, they let you know where you are when trying to reach your overall goal and your daily sales goal.
Pros
some paid breaks
Cons
not a lot of hours, shipment shifts often get cancelled
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 21, 2016
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
short or few hours of work
fun workplace
Part-Time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
There as always something to do.
I learned a lot about fitting bras with different shapes and sizes of women.
Management was a little unstable never kept one too long.
great co workers.
hardest part was when we didn't have a manger and had to learn thing which were not part of my position
Love helping people find the right sizes
Pros
great staff
Cons
change in management often
Productive and a fun environment to work in
Pink Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 3, 2016
This company is a very upbeat environment with great benefits and opportunities of bonuses. It is also a competitive atmosphere which is fun at first.
Productive and high performance environment
Sales & Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 30, 2016
I love my job at Victoria's Secret. My co-workers are enjoyable to work with and I love the high performance environment because I feel there is always something you can be doing and there are always goals to be met. The hardest part is probably dealing with "difficult" customers. There are always those types of customers at any job and it can be challenging figuring out how to handle it but also rewarding when you know you've done your best to rectify the situation. The most enjoyable part is getting acknowledged for all the work you've done. My manages are always recognizing good work and its rewarding and comforting knowing you're appreciated for doing a great job.
Pros
the environment/culture
Cons
piggy back shifts
Wonderful place to learn about female products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 20, 2016
Typical retail experience with its ups and downs with customers not getting what they want, or complaining that product was too expensive, or cheap in material. It was a brand new store that opened up just before Christmas season. It was a minimum wage if you were seasonal, and you got about 13-14 an hour if you were a regular employee. We were slammed with customers, and it was usually a sink or swim situation, and we had to constantly call on the managers. Managers would take a long time to speak with customers, and then it would make us look bad. Apparently, the managers also had a tendency to gossip about their employees, and they had their favorite sales associate, where they would give them more shifts than others. There was an issue with the store and it was never solved with me. So I don't know if it would be a good idea for me to reapply to that location. Co-workers were fun to work with that I was able to relate to, even though I never talked to a lot of them. Got a 30% discount but I never really used it since I'm plus sized. If there was a special sale going on, we were only allowed to either use our discount on regular products or we had to buy the discounted products at the current moment. Overall I loved the environment of this store and I would love to work in this store again.
Pros
Learning about female lingerie
Cons
Management bad mouthing employees
Challenging, fast pace and very high sales expectancy
Bra Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Victoria's Secret is a great place to work if you are up for a challenge. A typical day at VS requires you to have a certain amount of transactions per hour as well as target, it is very fast paced and requires you to know your products as well as connecting with your customers and making sure that they are satisfied. Working at VS has taught me to step outside of comfort zone and push myself beyond my limits seeing that prior to working there I was in a very relaxed environment where I had my clientele built and attracted others by using the techniques that I learned from my present clients. The team environment is great, meanwhile it is competitive , we all work together for one common goal. The most challenging part of the job is achieving and maintaining the transactions per hour expectations, meanwhile it is possible to achieve it is very challenging because many customers come in just wanting to check out the store or are just in to grab something that they've already gotten. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when a customer is satisfied with me, knowing that I go above and beyond to make sure that she gets exactly what she is looking for while adding my own suggestions is something I thrive to achieve each shift.
Pros
The manager is very encouraging
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Job
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Working for Victoria's secret instills a type of confidence in yourself. You feel secure, able to express yourself to management , able to apply for advancements and the benefits are great! I highly recommend this job if you are a people person , your co-workers and customers love to talk to you and get excited when you have a similar interest in Victoria Secret items.
Pros
discounts, competetive wages
Cons
hours are dsependant on your store
Not awful
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
Was a good place to work at first and then they cut hours so I was getting 2 shifts a month when I was promised 22 hours a week. Management was okay, but acted as if they were better than you and definitely picked favorites.
My experience with the company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
The company offered many incentives to employees which made the job fun. I was able to get a hands on experience that I will carry out with me for the rest of my life
Amazing job
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 23, 2016
typical day at work is to assist customers such as sizes, bra fittings, and letting customers in fitting rooms. Most enjoyable part of job is to interact with customers at a higher level.
Pros
amazing hours
Cons
Excellent, supportive sales people. Very good training.
SALES (Former Employee) –  Burnaby B.C.February 21, 2016
A typical day at work was extremely fast paced and busy which I enjoyed.
There are a lot of different managers which always means someone is available to help when you are knew.
Hardest part of the job was poor floor training.
Also, when my term of employment ended I was simply removed from the schedule. Not one single manager spoke with me, called me or returned my calls. I simply received a thank you card in the mail.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and the other sales people.
Time Changes All
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Starting out at this establishment was wonderful, it was an upbeat, fun, and respectful place to work. In the span of my time with the company, it has unfortunately become a negative experience. I am loyal to the company, yet happiness is quite a large equation when it comes to career options. I feel it is time to move on to bigger and brighter things where I can put my skills and immense experience to good use.
I can't wait for a positive change.
Pros
Kind fellow employees, fun
Cons
Lack of hours, unsatisfactory pay, lack of raises or promotions