Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Fun workplace however management was not the best
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 April 2017
Overall, Victoria Secret is a good company to work at it has many perks. However, the location that I worked at was not the best. Management at this certain location was not the best. Constantly told us to wear makeup to work and did not respect the fact that some of us had school and exams.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Great company to work for, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
Working for the company itself was great. They give you a gratis when you first start which includes a bunch of free merchandise, as well as free clothing items every couple of months for employees. The discount itself wasn't bad either. Although it's a great place to work and staff themselves are really friendly, the managers can be stuck-up and rude. You always feel watched and untrusted and as if they are talking down to you. They also cut hours, and when you ask for an explanation, they can't give you one.
Pros
Free clothes every few months, discount
Fast-paced
Costumer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
The work environment is extremely fast and you must always be "on" with customer service. Management is very selfish with employees time, and wants part-time employees to be completely devoted to the job.
Victoria Secret
Cashier/Sales & Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 April 2017
I worked at Victoria Secret for a year and a half in the beginning I found the other employees made it hard for me to feel comfortable but the pay and hours were great. Once the management changed you'd receive shifts based on your friendships rather then your performance which is why I'm looking for a new job at the moment. Overall good environment if you make the right friends.
Pros
Great store discount
Cons
Bias towards those who got shifts based on friendships
Management was micromanaging everybody
Cashier/Sales Associate/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 April 2017
The store has extremely strict procedures and policies regarding everything - floorsets, selling to customers and attitudes. The management was the worst part. They were strict, unclear with instructions and quick to anger and frustration. They liked to bully people around and make them feel little and powerless. I would not recommend this job.
Fun place to work, but takes itself too seriously
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2017
I really liked working here and the job attracts a lot of people who are really great. Unfortuantely, there is a lot of pressure around sales and the company never really seems to be satisfied with the work that is done.
Enjoyable Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 April 2017
Typical day shift at Victoria's Secret consists of:
Opening and Closing
Cleaning and re-organizing store merchandise (especially at cash)
Understanding how to properly size women and fit them into their desired bra.
Hardest part of the job is understanding not all women like fancy lingerie, therefore it is not in your best interest to start discussing pricey underwear and bras, as you may lose them at a customer.
Retail work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 April 2017
Nights and weekends..short shifts and split shifts.
Difficult area supervisors who over ride store managers..not sure who you work for. It probably is no different than any retail store.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
night shifts
Fun Workplace that continuously Teaches and Motivates Staff
Sales & Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 April 2017
Victoria's Secret is a fast paced environment with many aspects to the job. As a sales & support generalist you get to learn not only how to manage and work the floor but you are also taught sales, bank deposits, cash flow, inventory, shipment and customer service. Victoria's Secret has a wonderful staff and management team that makes working long hours much easier and is a fun atmosphere to be in. The company has wonderful values not only towards their customers but their employees as well, we are all treated with the upmost respect. Overall working here has taught me a lot about the retail industry, customer service and the importance of the consumer.
Pros
Great Staff and Workplace
Cons
Long Hours and Inconsistent Scheduling
Great staff and welcoming environment
Events team (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 March 2017
Managers were all amazing, other staff was super helpful, really enjoyed my time there. I would recommend this company to others looking for a job where they enjoy spending their time
Fun and fast paced place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 March 2017
Typical day at work was usually fast paced, cash almost always had a line up and fellow employees were more than happy to help new staff learn. It was a great work environment.
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
Over staffed
Fun and Upbeat Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Working at Victoria Secret equipped me with the skills to engage and service different types of people. Each day new customers come into the store with completely different needs and as a sales associate it is my job to find out exactly what that need is. A typical day at work involves conversing with customers, both prospective and definite, and making sure that their style requests are being met to the best of the company's ability. Ringing through sales and engaging with customers at the cash wrap is also part of a typical day, as well as replenishing merchandise and keeping the store organized and tidy.

The management at Victoria Secret is very efficient and knowledgeable which makes for a very informed team. The managers are friendly and always take time to give feedback and offer support.

The hardest part of the job is overcoming styling barriers. It's not always that you are able to give someone the exact product that they want and so it can be a challenge finding them something similar that will fit their needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team of people who are driven and know their craft well.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Don't always finish at scheduled time
I love it
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 March 2017
The job itself was the best, it was the regular associates who I feel have an issue with the seasonals. But I never let it bother me because the hours were great, and the pay was amazing!
Pros
environment is amazing.
Cons
It was like high school again
fun team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
It was a fun team to work with. Managment was not so easy going when it came top sales. After sales goals were introduced, managers were on you for making sure your personal sales goal was reached.
Pros
free bras
Typical Day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
A typical day at work involves conversing with costumer, learning their wants and needs, finding theproduct, handling cash& maintaining the store.....
overall it enhanced my learning alertness
Sales and support generalist (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 March 2017
I learnt so much hands on the job and i am pleased for this experience, I got good support from my managers and colleagues and this helped me grow and perform at my uttermost best whilst working here. a typical day at work required standing for long hours when scheduled, performing repitiive tasks some times
Pros
MONTHLY EMPLOYEE GIVEAWAYS
Cons
NO HOURS OUTSIDE FESTIVE PERIODS
fun place with amazing coworkers full of energy
Setting up merchandise on the sales floor (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC23 February 2017
it was a pretty fun place to work giving people really good customer services is really their goal and they try to push that to every single one of their workers their management is flexible and conscious of students lives outside of work.
Pros
holidays will keep you busy and pockets flowing
Cons
dead season means less hours if you are not full time
Opportunity to work for global brand
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
Opportunity to further develop retail and management knowledge in a high volume fast paced environment. Provided me the opportunity to deal with a diverse range of clients.
Difficult and uncomfortable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
The work itself was very straightforward, but I felt as if the other employers were not very accepting, and not able to let me be alone to do my job. Instead, they hovered and watched my every move not trusting that I could do what I was told, which made me very uncomfortable. The group of people that were already working there when I went in were not very accepting of new employees and made me feel out of place.
Seasonal
Clothing Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 February 2017
Went for the bring your friend to work week, I wasn't really told what to do except fold clothes and no one told me what I needed to submit to get paid.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Wasn't told process for getting paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval