Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

fun place with amazing coworkers full of energy
Setting up merchandise on the sales floor (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC23 February 2017
it was a pretty fun place to work giving people really good customer services is really their goal and they try to push that to every single one of their workers their management is flexible and conscious of students lives outside of work.
Pros
holidays will keep you busy and pockets flowing
Cons
dead season means less hours if you are not full time
Opportunity to work for global brand
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
Opportunity to further develop retail and management knowledge in a high volume fast paced environment. Provided me the opportunity to deal with a diverse range of clients.
Difficult and uncomfortable workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
The work itself was very straightforward, but I felt as if the other employers were not very accepting, and not able to let me be alone to do my job. Instead, they hovered and watched my every move not trusting that I could do what I was told, which made me very uncomfortable. The group of people that were already working there when I went in were not very accepting of new employees and made me feel out of place.
Seasonal
Clothing Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 February 2017
Went for the bring your friend to work week, I wasn't really told what to do except fold clothes and no one told me what I needed to submit to get paid.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Wasn't told process for getting paid
Fun and friendly work environment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 February 2017
A typical day at Victoria's secret for a generalist is a fun and joyful day, which consists of either working at the cash wrap, cleaning the drawers, putting away go backs and placing stock from shipment on the floor. The hardest part of this job could be the hours, because you could start as early as 6am or even do an overnight shift.
Great place to work so long as good managers.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2017
Really great company to work for. You receive regular free bras, panties, outfits, makeup, and perfume as titled as 'gratis'. The company also has numerous incentive programs that rewards workers who do their job well with monthly bonuses. Like any other retailer if the managers are bad then the store is bad. The store I worked at went through three different store managers in less than two years but now has a great one which makes the job much better. Getting good hours is next to impossible. You can never count on a consistent paycheque.
Pros
Gratis, incentive programs, high base rate.
Cons
Hours for pay not consistent
Unprofessional
Stock/ Sales support generalist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 January 2017
The management here was very unorganized and stressful to one as an employee. When hired, I was told that i would have proper training in all departments.That did not happen. I was told to fold panties and not taught anything about the job other than where to tag. When a customer asked me for help i would not know what to do due to the lack of training. I was felt like i could not ask due to the poor management. When
Pros
Good salary
productive and fun
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
Good place to work at you are always busy doing something, people are nice and helpful when you need it. everyone is nice. Training is good.
Pros
breaks and gratis
Cons
unreliable hours
seasonal hire
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2017
Hired as a seasonal associate, received a good amount of shifts during the holiday season, It was very busy I was mostly on cash and had some early morning shipment shifts. Didn't really like the management team. My co workers were pretty friendly though.
pretty bad management was rushed and unsteady hours
Seasonal Part- time (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 January 2017
In the beginning I quite loved the working environment. However it had bad management( rude Customer Service Leads, unsteady hours per week and sometimes on call. You get forced to listen to people order you around when they are not even your supervisor.... I bared with it for 3 months but that was it .I wouldn't recommend even though it is $11.25/hour. If the management is stressful then you will be stressed out as well.
Pros
11.25/hour
Cons
poor management, bossy colleges, rude CSL
Amazing!
Victoria's Secret Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Troy, ON11 January 2017
Overall best job I have had so far. Great benefits / gratis, great motivation and management, awesome friendships and literally no drama or gossip - there is no time or room for drama in a fast paced higher fashion elite environment like VS. Thats why I loved it so much.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
event staff
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Cross iron mills Balzac Alberta11 January 2017
cleaning the change rooms
closing the store
opening the store
changing signs
color coding the clothes
Pros
free clothes
Cons
not much hours
Love my workplace!
Sale and Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 January 2017
Excellent understanding my Deaf Culture.
Interactive and Social Skills with Customers and Co-Workers.
Customers give out my shoutout name and positive comments about me to cashiers.

Zero problems.
Pros
Understanding my needs
Cons
Great Place to work for advancement and training
Full-Time Generalist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 January 2017
Most enjoyable part of this job for me was learning about the product, as well as the floor sets. The Victoria Secret team is fantastic and all very friendly. Management wants to see you succeed and do their best to help you achieve high sales and great customer service. The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours and working holidays.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Working holidays
Productive workplace
Seasonal Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Extremely clean environment and outstanding employees. Management was also excellent and overall it was a fun environment to work in.
Pressurized job
Canada - Flagship Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
Senior management are manipulative. My SM listened to department managers and staff and often disciplined her ASMs without speaking to us first.

Culture was great though. Became really bought into the brand.

Hours are long and stressful as segments are high pressured.
Pros
good culture
Cons
manipulative
High Performance Selling Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada5 January 2017
If you are passionate and driven to succeed, Victoria's Secret is a the perfect place for you. Very competitive wages and strong incentive program. Demands a lot of time and does not support work/life balance.
unorganized , uncertainty about hours you work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 December 2016
hours are not stable , shifts are call in , management is unorganized ,there are not benefits and they are not understanding of your situation. Good coworkers are the only pro
Pros
Discount, good coworkers
Cons
Unstable hours, disorganized
Friendly and fast-paced
Cashier, Beauty Associate & Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2016
In my short time with Victoria's Secret, I was surprised with the incredible team I had the pleasure of working with. The manager's were honest with you, they followed up constantly in regards to inquiries of growth and assistance.

Minimum wage is expected for employees on the floor but have heard good things of positions higher. At the end of the day, I resigned from the Store due to hours as their hours are based on product sales, however it is a corrupt system as those who do not get the hours to work, cannot stabilize their sales skills.
Pros
Fast paced, Confident Environment, Gender Friendly, Happy Customers
Cons
Corrupt scheduling, Pay rate
Exciting company to work for
Associate/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
I was the setting up for grand opening and it was amazing! The staff and management had put their hearts into creating that beautiful store and it was so fun to work there. I was named one of the first bra specialists in Canada and it is something I will always cherish. I moved up quickly in the company and was trained to do so many different things it was a great experience. Management changed and the uncertainty of all the changes was very unsettling. The essence of what the president of the company believed and wanted in thenstorea was noi what we were experiencing as employees.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Uncertainty under new management