Victoria's Secret

Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Stock/ Sales support generalist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 January 2017
The management here was very unorganized and stressful to one as an employee. When hired, I was told that i would have proper training in all departments.That did not happen. I was told to fold panties and not taught anything about the job other than where to tag. When a customer asked me for help i would not know what to do due to the lack of training. I was felt like i could not ask due to the poor management. When
Pros
Good salary
Amazing!
Victoria's Secret Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Troy, ON11 January 2017
Overall best job I have had so far. Great benefits / gratis, great motivation and management, awesome friendships and literally no drama or gossip - there is no time or room for drama in a fast paced higher fashion elite environment like VS. Thats why I loved it so much.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
unorganized , uncertainty about hours you work
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 December 2016
hours are not stable , shifts are call in , management is unorganized ,there are not benefits and they are not understanding of your situation. Good coworkers are the only pro
Pros
Discount, good coworkers
Cons
Unstable hours, disorganized
High Performance Selling Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada5 January 2017
If you are passionate and driven to succeed, Victoria's Secret is a the perfect place for you. Very competitive wages and strong incentive program. Demands a lot of time and does not support work/life balance.
Exciting company to work for
Associate/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
I was the setting up for grand opening and it was amazing! The staff and management had put their hearts into creating that beautiful store and it was so fun to work there. I was named one of the first bra specialists in Canada and it is something I will always cherish. I moved up quickly in the company and was trained to do so many different things it was a great experience. Management changed and the uncertainty of all the changes was very unsettling. The essence of what the president of the company believed and wanted in thenstorea was noi what we were experiencing as employees.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Uncertainty under new management
pretty bad management was rushed and unsteady hours
Seasonal Part- time (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 January 2017
In the beginning I quite loved the working environment. However it had bad management( rude Customer Service Leads, unsteady hours per week and sometimes on call. You get forced to listen to people order you around when they are not even your supervisor.... I bared with it for 3 months but that was it .I wouldn't recommend even though it is $11.25/hour. If the management is stressful then you will be stressed out as well.
Pros
11.25/hour
Cons
poor management, bossy colleges, rude CSL
No hours. Hypocritical management. Competitive environment.
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 June 2016
Although I loved working with my customers to find exactly what they needed, the management was very poor and we were frequently told to do better and work harder by the manager even though we would work our hardest and she was stealing our sales. It's a very competitive place to work as you fight for sales and your bonus. As a cashier, we would only bonus if the store did well. We got a bonus check once the whole time I worked there. I asked to switch to sales so I could get a chance to sell more and because I was good at it. The manager said yes and never switched me. I stayed as a cashier. I asked 3 more times and she said yes each time but never bothered to change my position. Your hours will always be inconsistent and the "on call" concept, although a good idea for the company if someone calls in sick, is a terrible impact on your life outside of work. As for the amount of hours, good luck getting some. There are 2 full time staff and majority of the staff who wanted full time ended up having to find a second job because no one would be given hours. The ratio of staff to hours able to be given is very poor. The only couple perks I found with my job was the scattered coworkers who didn't act fake and the free/very large discounted items every month. But they select the free item for you.
Cons
Poor management and hours.
Great Place to work for advancement and training
Full-Time Generalist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 January 2017
Most enjoyable part of this job for me was learning about the product, as well as the floor sets. The Victoria Secret team is fantastic and all very friendly. Management wants to see you succeed and do their best to help you achieve high sales and great customer service. The hardest part of the job would have to be the hours and working holidays.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Working holidays
Fast-paced work environment.
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON26 September 2016
A typical day at work consists of replenishing the store folding panties, doing go-backs, and connecting with multiple costumers. Working as part time sales support generalist you have to work hard so that management notices your initiate to the store that way they give you more hours. However I found that the management do have favourites. Full time associates are treated better than part time associates. Shifts as a part time support generalist often range from 3 hour shifts to 5 hour shifts and you would be given less than 20 hours a week. Sometimes you would even be given 3 hours a week which is extremely un-easy and left me feeling hopeless and not knowing if I would be able to pay for upcoming bills.Besides inconsistent hours what I enjoyed the most working here was helping costumers on their bra journey and working together as a team with my co-workers to make the selling environment a great place to work. Another downside I would say is that management does take advantage of associates, most of the time recognition of hard work is un-seen on a constant basis which management really needs to work on to make sure every associate feels well respected throughout the store. Overall the love and support from my co-workers made me stay around for as long as I did which was the only thing that made me enjoy working at Victoria's Secret.
Pros
Buy-ins, Friendly close-knit co-workers.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, shifts getting cancelled, unsatisfactory pay.
Productive, Yet Redundant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2016
A typical day at work includes folding, sorting, and putting away lingerie. I learned how manipulative time can be. It either slows down or speed up and in this case, it slows down. I think the hardest part of my job is working with time because work is predictable and one will find oneself doing the same thing over and over again, and which makes it difficult to look forward to going to work. However, my friendly co-workers make the long hours bearable.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Redundant tasks
Good work environment but no hours.
Product display and management of inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2016
I enjoy my job but am unwilling to accept the hours. I need to contribute to my family and this position is not fulfilling those requirements. The position really caters to the young and not for those who have more responsibilities. The management and co-workers are good and I have enjoyed me employment with them.
Pros
I do have flexibility with the organization.
Cons
Short hours.
Stay away!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 July 2016
Working at Victoria's Secret may seem like a dream job for the mean time, but I would stay away from working at Vaughan Mills mainly because there is a lot of favouritism from the managers. They will also tell you not to gossip but they will do it with their office doors wide open or even with the employees. They'll also bully you, especially in front of customers but then turn around and do the same thing (if not worse) and not get any backlash for it. They're on a power trip and are extremely hypocritical. They yell at you for low sales when they don't know how to sell themselves. They've also gone into the lunch room and yelled out how b*tchy and annoying their customers are and talk to customers like they're stupid when they don't know much English. In the beginning, they'll usually got paid to SIT AND GOSSIP in their offices when they should've been on the floor helping with put backs and sales. It has even gotten to the point where over 20 employees have reported them but nobody has gotten fired. That's how you know you're screwed either way haha.
Pros
Discounts and you make a lot of good friends
Cons
Managers are bullies
Opportunity to work for global brand
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
Opportunity to further develop retail and management knowledge in a high volume fast paced environment. Provided me the opportunity to deal with a diverse range of clients.
seasonal hire
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2017
Hired as a seasonal associate, received a good amount of shifts during the holiday season, It was very busy I was mostly on cash and had some early morning shipment shifts. Didn't really like the management team. My co workers were pretty friendly though.
Great place to work so long as good managers.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2017
Really great company to work for. You receive regular free bras, panties, outfits, makeup, and perfume as titled as 'gratis'. The company also has numerous incentive programs that rewards workers who do their job well with monthly bonuses. Like any other retailer if the managers are bad then the store is bad. The store I worked at went through three different store managers in less than two years but now has a great one which makes the job much better. Getting good hours is next to impossible. You can never count on a consistent paycheque.
Pros
Gratis, incentive programs, high base rate.
Cons
Hours for pay not consistent
Great Job
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2016
Working for Victoria's secret instills a type of confidence in yourself. You feel secure, able to express yourself to management , able to apply for advancements and the benefits are great! I highly recommend this job if you are a people person , your co-workers and customers love to talk to you and get excited when you have a similar interest in Victoria Secret items.
Pros
discounts, competetive wages
Cons
hours are dsependant on your store
VS in a blurb
Merchandising Supervisor/Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 July 2016
Overall a great company to work for. They have provided me with excessive experience in my field of passion; visual merchandising. I have learned a lot about the success of the company and how I, as part of the management team, contribute to it in multiple ways. I love creating and executing floor ma[s and visual changes on a daily basis and Victoria's Secret gives you lots of practice and experience by molding and evolving visually as the brand continues to grow.
Friendly and fast-paced
Cashier, Beauty Associate & Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2016
In my short time with Victoria's Secret, I was surprised with the incredible team I had the pleasure of working with. The manager's were honest with you, they followed up constantly in regards to inquiries of growth and assistance.

Minimum wage is expected for employees on the floor but have heard good things of positions higher. At the end of the day, I resigned from the Store due to hours as their hours are based on product sales, however it is a corrupt system as those who do not get the hours to work, cannot stabilize their sales skills.
Pros
Fast paced, Confident Environment, Gender Friendly, Happy Customers
Cons
Corrupt scheduling, Pay rate
Holiday season hiree
Cashier/Sales/Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2016
I didn't find the management to be encouraging or helpful. I felt like another number that didn't matter. When I struggled and asked for help in understanding I was treated like I bothered them or I was stupid. My hours were barely existent to pay bills and when I did work people were unfriendly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unfriendly staff and management with no hours available.
Amicable Workplace
Generalist Position, Victoria's Secret (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2016
It was a comfortable environment, although the management was not always excellent, everyone kept a positive mind and worked to reach a desirable result.
I gained a different perspective of what teamwork is about, and organizational tips.