Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and productive place to work especailly if you need something simple
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Edmonton Mall, ABMay 23, 2016
Pros: free or discounted appreal
Cons: long hours
A lot of standing, and interacting with people you wear all black so it's very slick but over all it can be a nice place to work
Positive Environment, Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
Pros: Incentives
Cons: Long Hours
great co workers,easy to get along with, great benefits and selling incentives, learned not only selling, but visual displays and stock and shipment as well
Positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2016
Great Company
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2016
Great people, hard working team and is a brand that refuses to settle or be complacent. Overall a great work environment.
productive and fun
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee), London, ONApril 30, 2016
Pros: some paid breaks
Cons: not a lot of hours, shipment shifts often get cancelled
The staff are kind and easy to get along with, they all work as a team. management helps set goals for you and makes sure you reach them, they let you know where you are when trying to reach your overall goal and your daily sales goal.
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Generalist (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: short or few hours of work
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
fun workplace
Part-Time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
Pros: great staff
Cons: change in management often
There as always something to do.
I learned a lot about fitting bras with different shapes and sizes of women.
Management was a little unstable never kept one too long.
great co workers.
hardest part was when we didn't have a manger and had to learn thing which were not part of my position
Love helping people find the right sizes
Productive and a fun environment to work in
Pink Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2016
This company is a very upbeat environment with great benefits and opportunities of bonuses. It is also a competitive atmosphere which is fun at first.
Productive and high performance environment
Sales & Support Generalist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: the environment/culture
Cons: piggy back shifts
I love my job at Victoria's Secret. My co-workers are enjoyable to work with and I love the high performance environment because I feel there is always something you can be doing and there are always goals to be met. The hardest part is probably dealing with "difficult" customers. There are always those types of customers at any job and it can be challenging figuring out how to handle it but also rewarding when you know you've done your best to rectify the situation. The most enjoyable part is getting acknowledged for all the work you've done. My manages are always recognizing good work and its rewarding and comforting knowing you're appreciated for doing a great job.
Wonderful place to learn about female products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Learning about female lingerie
Cons: Management bad mouthing employees
Typical retail experience with its ups and downs with customers not getting what they want, or complaining that product was too expensive, or cheap in material. It was a brand new store that opened up just before Christmas season. It was a minimum wage if you were seasonal, and you got about 13-14 an hour if you were a regular employee. We were slammed with customers, and it was usually a sink or swim situation, and we had to constantly call on the managers. Managers would take a long time to speak with customers, and then it would make us look bad. Apparently, the managers also had a tendency to gossip about their employees, and they had their favorite sales associate, where they would give them more shifts than others. There was an issue with the store and it was never solved with me. So I don't know if it would be a good idea for me to reapply to that location. Co-workers were fun to work with that I was able to relate to, even though I never talked to a lot of them. Got a 30% discount but I never really used it since I'm plus sized. If there was a special sale going on, we were only allowed to either use our discount on regular products or we had to buy the discounted products at the current moment. Overall I loved the environment of this store and I would love to work in this store again.
Challenging, fast pace and very high sales expectancy
Bra Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: The manager is very encouraging
Cons: Not enough hours
Victoria's Secret is a great place to work if you are up for a challenge. A typical day at VS requires you to have a certain amount of transactions per hour as well as target, it is very fast paced and requires you to know your products as well as connecting with your customers and making sure that they are satisfied. Working at VS has taught me to step outside of comfort zone and push myself beyond my limits seeing that prior to working there I was in a very relaxed environment where I had my clientele built and attracted others by using the techniques that I learned from my present clients. The team environment is great, meanwhile it is competitive , we all work together for one common goal. The most challenging part of the job is achieving and maintaining the transactions per hour expectations, meanwhile it is possible to achieve it is very challenging because many customers come in just wanting to check out the store or are just in to grab something that they've already gotten. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when a customer is satisfied with me, knowing that I go above and beyond to make sure that she gets exactly what she is looking for while adding my own suggestions is something I thrive to achieve each shift.
Great Job
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Pros: discounts, competetive wages
Cons: hours are dsependant on your store
Working for Victoria's secret instills a type of confidence in yourself. You feel secure, able to express yourself to management , able to apply for advancements and the benefits are great! I highly recommend this job if you are a people person , your co-workers and customers love to talk to you and get excited when you have a similar interest in Victoria Secret items.
Not awful
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
Was a good place to work at first and then they cut hours so I was getting 2 shifts a month when I was promised 22 hours a week. Management was okay, but acted as if they were better than you and definitely picked favorites.
My experience with the company
Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2016
The company offered many incentives to employees which made the job fun. I was able to get a hands on experience that I will carry out with me for the rest of my life
Amazing job
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: amazing hours
Cons: none
typical day at work is to assist customers such as sizes, bra fittings, and letting customers in fitting rooms. Most enjoyable part of job is to interact with customers at a higher level.
Excellent, supportive sales people. Very good training.
SALES (Former Employee), Burnaby B.C.February 21, 2016
A typical day at work was extremely fast paced and busy which I enjoyed.
There are a lot of different managers which always means someone is available to help when you are knew.
Hardest part of the job was poor floor training.
Also, when my term of employment ended I was simply removed from the schedule. Not one single manager spoke with me, called me or returned my calls. I simply received a thank you card in the mail.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and the other sales people.
Time Changes All
Cash Lead (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Kind fellow employees, fun
Cons: Lack of hours, unsatisfactory pay, lack of raises or promotions
Starting out at this establishment was wonderful, it was an upbeat, fun, and respectful place to work. In the span of my time with the company, it has unfortunately become a negative experience. I am loyal to the company, yet happiness is quite a large equation when it comes to career options. I feel it is time to move on to bigger and brighter things where I can put my skills and immense experience to good use.
I can't wait for a positive change.
n/a
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2016
Pros: no
Cons: no
went i work for victoria secret its was a nice experience that i really enjoy but like everything and everybody life changeand new opportunity.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
hours sucked along with management. customers were usually very rude because the sales we had werent as good as other bra and pantie shops.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Flexible, management, co-workers, company.
Cons: Getting in tiffs with co-workers, some management, inconsistency.
I was a bra specialist so my role was to be in charge of the fitting rooms, and provide bra fittings, with exceptional customer service. I have learned how to gain more confidence, and the company providing me with a lot of workshop classes to learn how to become a better selling associate. My management was especially friendly and always treated us associates as family, yet knew when to give constructive feedback. My co-workers were a huge part of the joyof my job; we all worked as a team/family, and we were successful together, and made the company a better place to work, with the excellence of amazing co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not giving a customer what they needed because we ran out of stock, or they didn't fit our product. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customer so happy that she returned as a customer for life, and when we change her life,
Headquarters