Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

vs review
Sales Support Generalisr (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 October 2017
Depending on the stores needs for the day a typical day at work could consist of completing a floor-set following a brand guide for direction, or could be processing shipment, doing markdowns, setting up marketing or other merchandising tasks. Working here taught me a sense of urgency when I work, as well as time management and organizational skills.
I enjoyed it
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 October 2017
It was a seasonal position during Christmas, but I learned a lot. The other employees were great to work with. Very helpful. It's a great place to earn some extra money.
Fun workplace
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 September 2017
Great place to work, upbeat environment. Management is great and understanding and other employees are friendly and comfortable. Gratis is really good.
Awesome work staff and environment
Generalist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 September 2017
Days were pretty good.
Shifts are long, but that's the way it goes so no real complaints.
Tough learning everything but once you get the hang of it everything goes pretty smoothly!
Greeting customers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
I enjoyed working there as a sale associate. My clients were mostly men, and they were easygoing about every product I suggested them to get for their partners.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Great benefits
Bra Fitting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2017
Working for Victoria's Secret was great. I was very happy with my position, the benefits, the monthly gratice, and pay. The only downfall was the controlling management and bullying on the sales floor.
Only part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 September 2017
Great place to work. Management is great a is very flexible with schedules great work students or someone not able to work full time lots of perks like free bras
Good workplace, but working with only woman can be bit of a challenge
Sales Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
I worked seasonal at Victoria Secrets for 3 months. The workplace itself was a nice place, big mall, and lots of new faces. Everyone was nice, however once you get use to the place you see their true personalities (not everyone, but a good handfull.)
Abusive Work enviornment
Sales & Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
Work is easy, and your co-workers can be nice, but the managers made me hate this job. They were verbally abusive, catty, condescending and fake. They made working there uncomfortable and I felt anxious working with certain managers. Horrible company that needs to really pay attention to who they're hiring. Some managers should've gotten fired a long time ago for their behavior towards employees. completely disgusting and I wouldn't suggest this job to anyone.
Do not work for this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 September 2017
I worked at Victoria's Secret for about 6 months and opened a new location. They have extremely unrealistic expectations of their minimum wage employees, you are expected to sell a certain amount of product without being given any commission. On call shifts are used and you have to call in 3 hours before to see if you are actually working. Overall it was an awful experience, do not work for this company. Management are rude and honestly awful people; they make you feel bad about yourself. Personally, I quit because it was a toxic work environment and hated the job. I would not recommend anyone work for Victoria's Secret, honestly an awful experience.
Pros
The discount
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB1 September 2017
a typical day: can range from busy to dead

what i learned: the different kids of bras, how to measure peoples bra sizes, how every type of bra in there is completely different, whats inside every bra, how every bra sits and feels

Management: management was usually pretty good i will admit that they were always understanding if you had issues going on in your life.

hardest part of the job: handling a flood of customers coming in at the same time wanting their questions answered first

most enjoyable part: the discount, the people you work with
Pros
had a potluck every now and then
Cons
load music blaring in your ears and the perfume headache you'd get
Love it
Sales support generalist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2017
I love working at vs and don't see myself leaving anytime soon. The company really cares about their employee's and it really shows! Very fairly compensated for the work that I do and I always have fun doing it!
Pros
Great environment, benefits, pay.
Cons
Trained very fast
great place to work for
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
A great place to work for. There are a lot of perks. The discount is great. Staff are wonderful. A day at victoria secret consisted of making daily staff schedule. Training new employees. Downside is no place to move up.
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service and Stock Checker (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 August 2017
My manager was verbally abusive and very racist towards me. She did not train me and immediately put me out on the sales floor and expected me to do huge sales. she would not give me breaks that i was entitled to and would verbally degrade me in front of the other co workers. After quitting i found out that 6 of the other 10 girls had also quit because of her. overall i would not recommend working here unless you are very desperate!
Pros
Cons
long unreasonable hours, no training, racist manager
Fun Place to Work
SALES/STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 August 2017
Employees and management team are all knowledgeable about the products sold at the store. Service is always good and customers are always greeted once arriving at the entrances.
nice work
Cashier, stock (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 August 2017
Work environment was great, its a typical job stocking inventory and help a few customers. I enjoyed working everyone was friendly, it was great helping the customers and meeting new people
The job itself is fulfilling
Sales Support/Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 August 2017
Love the company itself but when you get a bunch of girls together in a place it can get very dramatic and catty.
The on call hours were awful.
Would tell you you'd have 15+ hours but 11 of them were on call hours which you'd never get the shift.
Fun learning environment
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
Got the chance to experience new skills and work well with others. Management and coworkers made it a fun environment. Stayed long term. Great way to practice customer service skills.
Victoria secret was terrible
Temp (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
The managers were constantly stressed around holiday season and were very unprofessional in the way they handled the seasonal hires. I witnessed one of them purposely try to frame a coworker for stealing even though she didn't in order to illustrate a point about keeping lockers locked and not open.
Great pay but competitive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 July 2017
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the workplace but there was too much pressure. The management lacked encouragement, which I need to succeed at my job. The pay was really good but the employees were competitive for you not to take their customers, and management expects you to sell a certain amount a shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.