Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great Job
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Pros: discounts, competetive wages
Cons: hours are dsependant on your store
Working for Victoria's secret instills a type of confidence in yourself. You feel secure, able to express yourself to management , able to apply for advancements and the benefits are great! I highly recommend this job if you are a people person , your co-workers and customers love to talk to you and get excited when you have a similar interest in Victoria Secret items.
Time Changes All
Cash Lead (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Kind fellow employees, fun
Cons: Lack of hours, unsatisfactory pay, lack of raises or promotions
Starting out at this establishment was wonderful, it was an upbeat, fun, and respectful place to work. In the span of my time with the company, it has unfortunately become a negative experience. I am loyal to the company, yet happiness is quite a large equation when it comes to career options. I feel it is time to move on to bigger and brighter things where I can put my skills and immense experience to good use.
I can't wait for a positive change.
Fun, fast paced
Temporary Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: great discount, free merchandise
Cons: long hours, some very difficult management
Fun place to work, with some supportive management.
Recently became a high selling environment, with some unrealistic expectations for new employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up new displays with colleagues and helping customers find comfortable, supportive, and exciting product. The company is always growing and expanding. You're always learning something new every day. There was a lot of variety in what I did every day, from small tasks, to large and sometimes challenging take down and set ups.
It was an amazing pay, experience but no advancement
"Full-time Sales Specialist" (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: free products/bras, buy-in for lowered prices for employees, commission is great
Cons: associates fight for sales all the time since it is commissioned.
it was good but no room for growth and advancement.
It was amazing getting free products when you're an employee there. Sometimes, it is a "buy-in" where it is priced for cheap for thei employees. The management is awesome.
The only downside of this is it is commissioned. So, often times, the girls fight for sales.
Productive and high performance environment
Sales & Support Generalist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: the environment/culture
Cons: piggy back shifts
I love my job at Victoria's Secret. My co-workers are enjoyable to work with and I love the high performance environment because I feel there is always something you can be doing and there are always goals to be met. The hardest part is probably dealing with "difficult" customers. There are always those types of customers at any job and it can be challenging figuring out how to handle it but also rewarding when you know you've done your best to rectify the situation. The most enjoyable part is getting acknowledged for all the work you've done. My manages are always recognizing good work and its rewarding and comforting knowing you're appreciated for doing a great job.
Uplifting Work Enviorment
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 11, 2016
It is a great work place.
The individual experiences you create for guests is memorable, it feels very rewarding to have the chance to make a woman love her body.
The girls I work with and have meet through this job have become amazing friends, it became more than a workplace, it has become a home. Management was easy to approach in any situation, each have their strong points but they are always there to talk.
The environment is a judge-free zone. We are there to create an uplifting experience and we end up lifting up each other at the same time.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a guest the way you would like too, it takes more than a pretty piece of lingerie to get your confidence back-it takes your whole mind before your whole body to feel beautiful. So when a woman is in that mindset sometimes it is hard to get her to come out of it.
A busy but yet fun workplace
sales associate (Current Employee), Edmotnon, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours-free stuff-buy in's-great environment
Cons: Long days-harsh boss-call in's
I would start at 6am and we would get right to doing a shipment, usually like 12 boxes of panties had to go out and then later on we would push all the bras to the floor. I learned how to work in a big company, that it takes effort and time to communicate to management because my job has over 100 employees. I never had a problem with a single co-worker, I have made many new friends since starting this job. The hardest part would be my one manager, she's a little harsh and very pushy and likes to yell at us a lot but besides that that I love all the managers. Standing on my feet for 10 hours is pretty tough sometimes. The most enjoyable would be helping customers and especially women find something that they feel comfortable in and that fits their bodies right and also helping them gain confidence with their bodies.
Productive and a fun environment to work in
Pink Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2016
This company is a very upbeat environment with great benefits and opportunities of bonuses. It is also a competitive atmosphere which is fun at first.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Flexible, management, co-workers, company.
Cons: Getting in tiffs with co-workers, some management, inconsistency.
I was a bra specialist so my role was to be in charge of the fitting rooms, and provide bra fittings, with exceptional customer service. I have learned how to gain more confidence, and the company providing me with a lot of workshop classes to learn how to become a better selling associate. My management was especially friendly and always treated us associates as family, yet knew when to give constructive feedback. My co-workers were a huge part of the joyof my job; we all worked as a team/family, and we were successful together, and made the company a better place to work, with the excellence of amazing co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not giving a customer what they needed because we ran out of stock, or they didn't fit our product. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customer so happy that she returned as a customer for life, and when we change her life,
Great experience for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work, if you're a good worker you get raises
Cons: Call-in shifts, co-workers are rude, everyone for themselves
A typical day would be showing up for you shift, signing in and meeting with the manager to discuss your position on the floor.
Once assigned a room ie room 1, 2 or 3 or being placed in fitting rooms you go to work.
Challenging, fast pace and very high sales expectancy
Bra Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: The manager is very encouraging
Cons: Not enough hours
Victoria's Secret is a great place to work if you are up for a challenge. A typical day at VS requires you to have a certain amount of transactions per hour as well as target, it is very fast paced and requires you to know your products as well as connecting with your customers and making sure that they are satisfied. Working at VS has taught me to step outside of comfort zone and push myself beyond my limits seeing that prior to working there I was in a very relaxed environment where I had my clientele built and attracted others by using the techniques that I learned from my present clients. The team environment is great, meanwhile it is competitive , we all work together for one common goal. The most challenging part of the job is achieving and maintaining the transactions per hour expectations, meanwhile it is possible to achieve it is very challenging because many customers come in just wanting to check out the store or are just in to grab something that they've already gotten. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when a customer is satisfied with me, knowing that I go above and beyond to make sure that she gets exactly what she is looking for while adding my own suggestions is something I thrive to achieve each shift.
Qorking at Victoria Secret
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: They discount is decent. The management is supper understanding.
Cons: A lot of information to know and it requires you to be able to think on your feet and fast.
Victoria’s Secret is an iconic specialty retail brand that needs no introduction. Thename is equivalent to all things feminine and sexy including our intimate apparel, sleepwear and beauty products.
Fun place to work.
SALES AND SUPPORT GENERALIST (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Very friendly co-workers
Cons: Unstable management team
Fun place to work alongside my colleagues. A lot of support from the team which made it easy to learn & grow. Management needs a lot more improvement. My favourite part of the job was being able to work with such great people & also being able to connect with customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was being able adjust with all the changes the company was going through.
Wonderful place to learn about female products
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Learning about female lingerie
Cons: Management bad mouthing employees
Typical retail experience with its ups and downs with customers not getting what they want, or complaining that product was too expensive, or cheap in material. It was a brand new store that opened up just before Christmas season. It was a minimum wage if you were seasonal, and you got about 13-14 an hour if you were a regular employee. We were slammed with customers, and it was usually a sink or swim situation, and we had to constantly call on the managers. Managers would take a long time to speak with customers, and then it would make us look bad. Apparently, the managers also had a tendency to gossip about their employees, and they had their favorite sales associate, where they would give them more shifts than others. There was an issue with the store and it was never solved with me. So I don't know if it would be a good idea for me to reapply to that location. Co-workers were fun to work with that I was able to relate to, even though I never talked to a lot of them. Got a 30% discount but I never really used it since I'm plus sized. If there was a special sale going on, we were only allowed to either use our discount on regular products or we had to buy the discounted products at the current moment. Overall I loved the environment of this store and I would love to work in this store again.
Very enjoyable work enviroment
Generalist (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: short or few hours of work
I have learned a lot being able to work in this retail business. Connecting and selling to customers has taught me a lot, and how to deal with people walking into the store, and how to approach them. As well remaining calm when the lines get very busy at cash and there is a constant flow of customers and dealing with people that may be impatient. Hardest part of my job is closing cash and dealing with the bank deposits and money, but I work hard and make sure that I succeed. My most enjoyable part of my job is being able to sell to customers that have a very positive attitude, and are grateful they make my overall experience at work more enjoyable.
Not awful
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
Was a good place to work at first and then they cut hours so I was getting 2 shifts a month when I was promised 22 hours a week. Management was okay, but acted as if they were better than you and definitely picked favorites.
Excellent, supportive sales people. Very good training.
SALES (Former Employee), Burnaby B.C.February 21, 2016
A typical day at work was extremely fast paced and busy which I enjoyed.
There are a lot of different managers which always means someone is available to help when you are knew.
Hardest part of the job was poor floor training.
Also, when my term of employment ended I was simply removed from the schedule. Not one single manager spoke with me, called me or returned my calls. I simply received a thank you card in the mail.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and the other sales people.
Organized company, with effective management guidelines to attract top talent
Category Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: company demonstrates investment in their employees, frequent training and management education workshops, competitive salary, positive work environment
Cons: company communication
A typical day in this role, and in this company, requires you to wear many different hats. I spend most of my scheduled time on the salesfloor, overseeing daily activities and ensuring maximum productivity from all team members. I take ownership of assigned categories and their metrics, creating and executing compelling visual merchandising strategies and leading effective salesfloor behaviors to drive optimum store results. I am responsible for merchandise flow, and execute floor moves as needed. The hardest part of my job is working within and managing a large, and diverse team, but it is also one of the most rewarding aspects of the role. The company overall is highly invested in their employees, with frequent workshops dedicated to management team members to further enhance their skills. There is clear succession planning, and frequent opportunity for advancement.
Interesting Place to Work
High Velocity Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: employee discount, easy job, fun
Cons: coworkers
As far as first time jobs go, this one was decent. As a seasonal employee I spent most of my shifts fixing displays and doing go backs (putting products back on display after they have been in the change rooms). My only complaint is how isolated I felt while working there. Only a few coworkers would say hi or talk to me in the break room, everyone else already knew each other and had formed their "circles". So aside from feeling like there were cliques amongst my coworkers, it was a pretty easy and fun job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
hours sucked along with management. customers were usually very rude because the sales we had werent as good as other bra and pantie shops.
Headquarters