Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Walk Sales 2017
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 February 2018
I remember this day; it's was the walk sales day on St-Catherine street. Almost all the stores were outside trying to attract clients. This was one of the best days at work, we had a DJ and pizza for the whole staff. Victoria's Secret is a big family, and we all had fun trying to help clients. It was also very nice because I had the opportunity to help my colleagues whenever they needed me. I was in charge of a certain amount of people and I had to be alert of everything happening in my designated zone. I was able to handle all the pressure while giving the best customer service. As my team says, All in We win!
Pros
free lunch, amazing energy
Cons
temperature
good
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 February 2018
pretty good management was good and the people that worked there were really nice the job was really physical and demanding but usually worth it with lots of perks
Co-workers on the floor were sweet
GENERALIST CASH SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2018
Co-workers were nice, the environment was decent. But the company itself does not care about their employees depending on who is managing the company.
Pros
Free Lunches once and a while
Cons
Supervisor treating employees like
Great
Generalist Employee (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 February 2018
Great job experience.Good management, some issues. Good team of people. Great hours. Sometimes have very tiresome days, however well worth it. Great pay and benefits if permanent.
Pros
great benefits/discounts
Cons
sometimes hard shifts during busy days, such as lots of cleaning and customers
good
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2018
I loved working at Victoria's Secret, literally loved my co-workers. it was a good experience, management does need to improve communication skills amongst themselves.
Good Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job would've been the free items we would get and the fun videos/meetings! I was a sales representative and I enjoyed being able to talk to certain customers (most didnt want to talk though.)
Gratis were the best part!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Canada2 February 2018
I wouldn't recommenced the bra specialist position unless you actually have a discussion about the position with management, especially about pay. Only making minimum wage in the position where you do more then the average sales associate is not right. Management can be shady about pay and contracts, so protect your self.
Pros
free or discounted product
Cons
horrible pay for doing more work
good place to learn/ start off your career
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2018
I 've learned many skills throughout two years while I was working at V.S as a sales specialist.

My location was at the flagship store where has strong management and leadership, because most of my leaders were fully experienced in the management/customer service/retail .

Learned how to do multi-tasking, gained strong interpersonal & communication skills because you need to deal with the total of more than 50+ customers per shift.

If you have an outgoing personality or professional attitude, you will succeed achieving high net sales, but if you are not, you will not get any incentives. You must hit $250 Selling Per hour(SPH) to get extra $$ in your pay cheque.
Pros
Discounts/ Hiring gratis/ monthly gratis
Cons
SSG/ no incentitive/ little pressure/ too much work
time of my life
shipment (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 January 2018
when I was working there I met so many new people and made so many friends, one whom I now live with and others I still keep in contact with. working there it was like a great big family and would honestly recommend to anyone
Hard work but good experience.
Store Setup Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2018
This was a very hard job considering the people were not the nicest. They were a little controlling but it gave me a good example of how hard jobs are and how to effectively put yourself to work no matter what the circumstances.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Mean people

Want to know more about Victoria's Secret?

Ask a question
Good!
Sales & Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 January 2018
I love the merchandising aspect of Victoria's Secret. Was there for a short time but amazing people to work with, everyone was very welcoming and the team supported each other, even though we each had individual goals. Fast-paced environment with big store goals. Be ready to deal with a large volume of customers.
Sales Generalist
Sales Generalist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
- Always on your feet
- Teaches you to be organized
- Strict about tardiness
- Very strict about cleanliness
- Always learning more
- Goal oriented
- Easy to develop great relationships with coworkers
Toxic, catty, high school-like environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 January 2018
Management is too busy contributing to gossip and/or locked in the office to actually manage the place.Fake people. Inconsistent hours.Declining sales
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Catty girls, catty girls with too much ego because VS culture, poor unobservant unskilled management
fun experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 January 2018
it's really nice . comfortable environment with very nice colleagues though some days it's abit crazy with sales but generally it's very ok establishment
horrible management
Visual/Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 January 2018
The company is good, however the management was the worst. They were rude and unprofessional. They expected us to work 24/7 and disregarded the fact we all had lives outside of work. They were constantly budding their heads in to our personal life and threaten us all the time about coming in to work. We had managers call us on our day off to yell at us why we were not at work even though they did scheduale us off that day. It was a very unhealthy, stressful place to be at. Terrible environment!
I really enjoyed working at Victoria Secret
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 January 2018
I love the other employees, the teamwork, the clothing and the hours offered, however it was seasonal. I would have enjoyed staying on and working full time hours but I was so thankful for the opportunity.
Pros
The clothing and discount
Cons
Fun workplace and a fast pace environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC3 January 2018
Experienced favouritism and discrimination with one of the managers. She fortunately no longer works there. Coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with.
Catty Work Environment
Sales Special (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 December 2017
Sales associates are catty with one another and there is always drama. The majority of the managers are so full of themselves and have obvious favorites that the job is not enjoyable. The hours are crazy. I was constantly overworked. I work full time to overtime while I was a part-time employee. The perks made it worth it and the few awesome managers.
Pros
Discount, monthly products, pay
Cons
Management, Drama, long hours, limited breaks
fun place to work, good discounts
Brand Guide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2017
I worked there a long time ago, opened the Kingway location. Store was full of great managers and staff was friendly. great working environment. Staff seem to be less helpful when I go in to the location now.
Not enough hours, too much staff, mean managers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2017
The managers are rude, they don't give you enough hours due to the amount of staff there is, don't recommend. You barely get to know management, its like a different world and the girls that work there are mean.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K