35 hrs/week until March 31, 2015 with the possibility of renewal
- Provide assistance, support and referrals to victims of crime or tragic circumstances; perform follow-up and case management duties
- Liaise with OPP, Cornwall Community Police Service, Akwesasne
Mohawk Police and other community agencies to assist victims
- Coordinate and perform tasks related to the B&E Project; the Victim Quick Response Program and the Mobile Tracking System Program
- Assist with the day to day operations of Victim Services including public education and fundraising activities
- Attend crisis calls as needed
- Degree/Diploma in the Social Services field
- Experience in performing victim services and/or crisis response work
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Internet); ability to design/work with spreadsheets
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to maintain good working relationships with police officers, emergency personnel, volunteers and a broad range of social service providers
- Bilingual (French and English)
Apply to: Victim Services of S.D.G. & A.
Diane Plourde, Executive Director
707 A Rosemount Avenue
Cornwall, ON K6J 3E5
Closing date: February 6, 2014 at 4:00pm
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Victim Services of Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry & Akwesasne is a community-based service, which assists emergency personnel in providing...