VIAVI Solutions Employee Reviews

produtive, nice workplace
Operator & Tester (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 May 2016
very good manufactry and workplace, and nice management and co worker. it was a valuable experience work with this company. from here i learned the touble shooting skills and good people skills
Productive and challenging work environment
Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2016
I liked working at JDSU as a Senior Hardware Designer. The culture was good. I can see that there are lots of opportunities for growth there.
Pros
Good care about their people
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off
productive and Fun workplace
Shipping helper (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON22 September 2015
It was the best of the best workplace. there really saw that we were not just a number that we had to produce numbers. we were a team from the employee who cleans to the manager.we were all required to complete a job chain.
I leave with great sadness that work.There I met people from all over the world.
when JDS ceased to exist in Canada more than 4,000 people lost their jobs,and I was one of them
Pros
100 % in medical benefits, profits, stock, bonus etc
Cons
JDS is no longer in Canada
Very good place to work
Senior ASIC Front-End Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 October 2015
good management style. very good team work spirit.
I enjoyed my year contract a an ASIC consultant.
- very challenging project
- designers working hard to meet the schedule.
Pros
yiu can work from home
Cons
week-ends and night work
average
retire (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2016
Work environment was good, I learned more skill while I worked. Such as reading the blue print-outs, electronics. Basically, I enjoyed working in this company.
Not very secure job...
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON11 January 2015
• Black box testing of software application
• Development of verification test plans and test cases based on requirements, functional specifications, internal user documentation and established quality standards
• Development of test documentation (test procedure, test strategy and test summary reports)
• Entering defects using defect-tracking software and regression testing
This was a Manufacturing Plant
Fiber optic module assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Central Saanich5 September 2014
These were rotating 12 hour shifts.
We worked with Fibre Optics and made modules for tele-communication
Management was good
Co-workers were great, lots of us as the company ran 24 hours a day.
The hardest part of the job was when the company shut its Victoria office and plant.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when the quotas were met and everybody benefited.
Benefits
Cons
definitely long hours
Productive and friendly envirnment.
Assmbler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2013
Working with JDSU, was really a rich experince that I gained a lot. I worked as a an assmbler, testing microscopic devices. The team was really helpful and very friendly, my co-workers were really nice and fun to work with. The management was approachable most of the time to all workers. I learned how to work and meet deadlines all the time, coping with stress sometimes helped me being a better worker.
Pros
very good company with a fair treatment to all workers.
Cons
sitting for long hours.
Good company
IT Analyst Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintain and troubleshoot thousands of computers in JDSU, administrate Active Directory server, Exchange server.  Maintain and troubleshoot corporation network (routers and switches). Troubleshoot and support Cisco VOIP call center systems, including Cisco unified communications manager, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco IP Communicator etc.
Deploy, administrate and maintain various software and applications such as Lotus Notes, Oracle, VPN and many other systems is also a key component of this position. Closely work with the other teams such as Desktop service, transport, Messaging and coordinate the tasks which need multiple groups be involved. Do incidents management daily.
Production Control & Materials Manager-Centerpiece group
Production Control and Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON2 March 2015
Production Control & Materials Manager-Centerpiece group, responsible for a staff of 20 whose primary purpose was to ensure inventory levels (raw and finished goods) were maintained to meet production schedules/requirements.
Great support from coworkers and management
Senior Engineering Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2015
Although I was only there for a short period of time, the atmosphere and support from everyone was wonderful.
Sadly, the economic downturn meant mass layoffs and I was part of that.
Pros
Great support and atmosphere
Cons
Layoffs because of the economy.
Good opportunities for career advancement and excellent benefits
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2015
JDSU offered me good opportunities for career advancement and excellent benefits. I was fortunate to work within an IT team of highly skilled individuals where collaboration was valued.
Pros
Great benefits
Assembler/Operator (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON13 August 2012
Busy all the time. Learn how to handle the fiber optics carefully. How the fiber or where will be the fiber optics to be use for. Management are well organized. Interacted and worked well to co-workers with different cultures. The most enjoyable part of the job is the production that you have contribute at the end of the day.
Enjoyed very much working at JDS Uniphase
Assembler, Quality control, Document control (Former Employee) –  Nepean, Ottawa, ON, Canada26 August 2012
I did assembling and testing of products (fiber optics)
MRB- Material Report board with damaged or failled product report & did Quality control.The last year prior the layoff got the opportunity to work in Document Control wich I enjoyed very much. JDS gave me a lot of opportunities to explore & learn in manufacture facility...to understand to connection between each departement, able to collaborate with others to ensure sucessful accomplishments,strong analytical skill and the ability to see both the big picture and critical details....The hardest part of the job was learning new department process & expectation,but as time goes by it gets easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was the new challenge of the day & the people all around were very friendly, helpful & fun to interact with.
Pros
lots of activities, fun time for all employees, & good benefits
Cons
cant really find one
assembler
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2015
I did work different departments. the first I was an assembler on the line them got moved up to the stockroom and work in paperwork, filling and organised work order for the assembly floor
Pros
team work
very fun and good team work
Quality Control Inspector and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 February 2014
I enjoy working with many people and good team member. No pressure from Management as long as we finished our work. good benefit.
Pros
Lots of over time:-)
Cons
Most time you can't say no to Overtime;-)
nice people
Fibre Optic Assemble (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2015
easy to get along with the co-worker, let me know more about fiber optic, and enjoy to do that. supervisor is helpful. When you work there, just like a family.
The best place so far
Design and Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2014
COM DEV has been the best place with the best culture, people's relationship and engineering challenges. Great learning opportunities, work/life balance.
lens and connector
QUALITY CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2012
worked with different products and connectors that were used in the manufacture of humidifier systems and was responsible for training new employees.
Overall work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 May 2014
Well a typical day is building product, I've learn lots of hand and eye coordination and eye for details as well as working in a team environment.
Pros
benifits
Cons
lunch to short

2.9