STATUS: Full-Time Employee – 6 month contract (with opportunity for extension)
REPORTING TO: Producer, ViaSport Productions
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
ViaSport Productions is the catalyst behind increasing the exposure, recognition and power of amateur-level sport on the provincial, national and international scenes. The broadcast arm of ViaSport British Columbia, the team behind bringing this initiative to life, is creating the business of amateur sport in B.C. by offering a wide-range of regular sport programming – live-streamed coverage, interviews, commentary and more – into every home across the province and beyond.
An essential member of the ViaSport Productions team, this energetic professional will have an opportunity to work directly with over 60 provincial sport organizations in British Columbia to generate an exciting live-stream broadcast schedule featuring the best of B.C.’s amateur sport sector. Under the supervision of the producer, the assistant will provide support in all phases of production: the coordination and scheduling of live-stream requests and meetings, managing the required resources and technology to execute on the established event schedule, and assisting with in-studio post-production work as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate partner services by managing relationships, responding to inquiries, soliciting feedback and booking meetings in a timely manner
- Assist producer and on-site broadcast crew with identified event requirements to ensure high quality coverage and partner experience
- Contribute ideas and expertise in daily operations including the review and development of ViaSport’s live-stream schedule and roster of production services
- Assist in editing audio, video and graphic production sessions using a range of program footage, photos, b-roll material and interview clips
- Participates and logs all production planning meetings internally and with partners
- Supports other general administrative duties as required including event preparation, updating of production manuals, managing the department asset library, research and other
- A passion to deliver on the vision behind ViaSport Productions
- Strong planning skills and excellent attention to detail
- Confident and organized, working under minimal supervision
- An interest and background in sport, including experience from grassroots to
- Strong working knowledge of the B.C. sport system and its components
- Willingness to work some irregular hours and weekends
- Must possess a valid B.C. driver’s license with some travel required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
An equivalent combination of the following education and experience will be considered:
- Post secondary education in journalism, television production, broadcasting or related field
- Minimum one (1) year working in a live-broadcast environment
- Experience working with local, provincial and/or national sport organizations
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to consistently meet project timelines and ensure partner expectations are met and exceeded
- Ability to thrive in a team and project-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize initiatives while managing expectations of multiple internal and external partners
- Ability to use a variety of software including the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.) considered an asset
- Ability to efficiently set up production equipment (cameras, lights, microphones etc.) and using a tricaster considered an asset
- A self-starter who can set and achieve goals while organizing and managing a high volume
- A strong communicator with the ability to listen, understand and respond to partner needs
- Shows initiative and has the ability to think critically and act logically
- Service-oriented with a proven ability to build relationships
- Ability to work in a small and large team environments, embracing new processes and ways
to improve the status quo
- Ability to identify, choose and promote ideas which add value to the organization
If you have a passion for broadcasting and are committed to the growth and excellence of sport in B.C., please apply online (www.viasport.ca/job-application-form) by the deadline of 4:00 pm PST on Friday, March 7, 2014.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago
ViaSport British Columbia is a not-for-profit organization established in 2011, responsible for providing strategic leadership to sport in...