Part of the ViaSport Team, this energetic sport administrator will develop, administer and implement the necessary programming to help shape the strongest coaches and sport leaders in the country.
The coaching & sport coordinator will be responsible for supporting the delivery and promotion of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) throughout B.C. This includes coordinating the professional training and development of coach developers, and acting as the key contact for coach advocacy initiatives and issues.
The coaching & sport coordinator will have an understanding of the sport system and will work within ViaSport to coordinate various administrative tasks to ensure the smooth delivery of coaching and sport services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports coaching & leadership development manager in creating an effective NCCP delivery system in B.C. through coordination with MSOs, PSOs, sport hubs and other key partners (e.g. Aboriginal Sports, Recreation and Physical Activity Partners Council)
- Assists in the planning of professional development events in B.C. (eg. B.C. Coaches Week, Coach Developer Conference)
- Represents B.C. on the Provincial/Territorial Coaches Representatives Group (PTCR) and maintains a positive relationship with the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC)
- Manages NCCP course schedule on website and provides logistical support to organizations who host courses
- Maintains an activity log for all learning facilitators (LF) and evaluators
- Supports the administration of coach-related grants including the BC Games Canada Games Women in Coaching Program, Aboriginal Coach Apprentice Program and Coaching Association of BC Legacy Grant Program
- Promotes on-going development and use of the on-line coach evaluation tool for coaches and PSOs
- Coordinates the delivery and assessment of an effective Coach Developer Training Program
- Assists in the development of building coach and leadership capacity within and outside of the sport sector
- Maintain an activity log for all learning facilitators and develop and maintain the LF section on the website
- Handles inquiries related to NCCP, Locker, CC#’s, etc.
- A passion to take bold action and deliver on ViaSport’s vision
- Understanding of the B.C. sport system and its components
- Familiarity with the Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L) framework and with the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as customer relations experience
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
An equivalent combination of the following education and experience will be considered:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in sport or recreation (business administration, event management, sports administration, recreation management, etc.)
- Experience working with local, provincial and/or national sport organizations is an asset
- Facilitation experience in a multi-sport or sport-specific environment is an asset
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to promote and thrive in a team and project-oriented environment
- Ability to research, analyze and summarize data
- Ability to prioritize initiatives while managing expectations of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to collaboratively forge and steward partnerships
- Intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized software packages, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Customer service focused with proven ability to build relationships
- A self-starter who can set and achieve goals, organizing and managing a high volume workload with changing deadlines
- Detail and service-oriented with the ability to listen, understand and respond to client needs; ability to build credibility and trust in the process
- Shows initiative and has the ability to think critically and act logically, evaluating situations and generating steps to achieve success
- Ability to work in a small and large team environment, embrace new processes and look for ways to improve the status quo
- Ability to identify, choose and promote ideas which add value to the organization
If you have a passion for sport and are committed to excellence, please send your resume and cover letter, by 4:00pm PST on February 7, 2014. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard
ViaSport British Columbia is a not-for-profit organization established in 2011, responsible for providing strategic leadership to sport in...