VF Corporation

VF Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Technical Design Manager, Earl Jean (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2014
Pros: great discounts on all the brands in the company umbrella.
Cons: lack of loyalty to their employees.
The management is strong and people centered. Great company culture
Okay job, but very poor management
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: casual dress
Cons: poor management, pay, benefits, promotion opportunities
It'a an okay place to work if you're just starting out. If you can get in the right department with a good boss you'll learn a lot. Sadly, the good bosses are few and far between in recent years. Recommend avoiding half of Accounting, almost all of Customer Service, and definitely avoid Credit.

Pay is lower than industry standard, benefits aren't the – more... best, but you get a casual work environment and nice coworkers. Advancement doesn't much exist, or rather it isn't based on performance. A lot of childish games and favoritism among certain managers and supervisors. I often felt it was positively surreal how often the poorest performing employees were promoted while the smartest and most qualified employees were pushed out the door. I saw a lot of great people passed over; eventually they'd get frustrated and move on to another company offering bigger and better. – less
just a job never a career
assitant manager (Former Employee), ontario, caApril 21, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: no advancement
Went into the job with a low ball wage. People were cool, corporate expects a lot but doesn't give you tools or training to succeed. Just okay good discount
critically understaffed, good benefits, good work enviornment,
Customs Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Alameda, CaliforniaApril 11, 2014
Pros: own campus with gym and cafeteria, great benefits and good pay
Cons: insufficient staffing, lack of support from hr, poor management
The corporation as a whole pays well and handles the business effectively. The corporation values the advancement of its employees and is more than willing to work with them in getting the proper education and/or training.

The individual departments are as strong as their leaders. Often departments and personnel are put under the leadership of individuals – more... that are clueless to the job and the requirements. Having worked in a department that must always function not just by corporate policies but by external government laws I saw how easily the leadership could move away from regulation and the word of the Director was always taken to be Gospel without regard to risks involved to the Corporation.

Co-workers followed the direction of the Director and never questioned him even when they knew that the laws or corporate policies said otherwise. The Director lacked conviction and the ability to communicate his goals for the department. Generalization is not a good means of leadership, Very poor leadership.

The most enjoyable part of the job was always the work itself and the complexity of researching projects - there was a lot to be said for the accomplishment in resolving complex problems and providing assistance to other departments in meeting regulatory compliance. Each day was a learning and growing experience.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the leadership of my department. Handling the workload that increased three fold without hiring additional people and working with a Director that knew less yet never provided the accolades. – less
good work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 11, 2014
It is a good work environment. The management is fair. The co-workers are nice. The job really isn't that hard
Top of the line machines, and they have air conditioning
Sewing machine operator (Former Employee), Was in Bangor, Pa. They have moved to Easton, PaApril 5, 2014
Pros: starting early and ending early afternoon
Cons: the rush orders
You have bundles of work that must go out. You sew whatever job you have. In a day you usually do hundreds of pants or shirts. I learned that if it wasn't for our accuracy, the teams wouldn't have uniforms. When you see the major league baseball teams on T.V. you have a sense of pride. Our supervisors and floor persons were the most helpful. Always – more... a kind word and told you when you did a job well. We were like a family, shared in tales of our own families and they listened and gave some advice. A shoulder if you needed it. Hardest part of the job is a rush order that needs to go out same day on the truck. Most enjoyable, our two vacations. They were two weeks in summer and two weeks at Christmas. – less
Productiv
Maintenance (Current Employee), Hackleburg, ALApril 4, 2014
fix and maintain conveyors throughout the plant on a daily basis. Also make sure sustainability is up to date throughout the plant
fun and easygoing
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 3, 2014
fun and easygoing, I enjoyed working in the factory environment. easy fast pace work ethic
Great place to work at
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 31, 2014
I would still be at this job if the economy had not dipped down. would love to return.
good money, hostile work environment
Special Ops Operator, Ring scan operator (Former Employee), Seminole, OKMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no consequence for bad behavior.
Piece rate pay. Very competitive free-for-all. Easy and fast paced.
factory workplace
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee), Whites Creek, TNMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: alot of unfairness and favortisim
i loved my job and what i did but there was alot of favortism which made the job stressfull
Productive and enjoyable company with a work life balance.
Web Merchandise Planner (Current Employee), Alameda, CAMarch 17, 2014
Productive and enjoyable company with a work life balance.
A layed back environment but expections are still very high
Embroidery Machine Operator (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 11, 2014
Pros: the supervisors are wonderful to work with and very helpful.
Cons: the compensation could be a little better.
This is a self motivated job. My supervisors are some of the best that I've had the privilege to work with. They and my coworkers have taught me about running the embroidery machine. For the most part the people that I work with make the shift go by quickly. The hardest part of this job is that I always work third shift.
Worst job of my life!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Corsicana, TXMarch 4, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: managment issues
A typical day at vf is going in and dreading the whole time your there. You will like it for the first month or so, but after that its a drag. The management is very poor & the head manager is the worst! She is not only rude & inconsiderate to the employees but as well as the customers! Once I remember a younger couple coming to me complaining how an – more... employee had rudely not price checked an item but told them it was the same as the others and then acted too good to help them any further. It wasn't a normal employee it was the manager! When first starting working there they didn't explain things as effective as they should. which caused ciaos all the time. The scheduling is very unorganized some days you will work mornings, next an evening, and next you'll work in the middle of the day. Not to mention the job is part time & some weeks you'll be scheduled for 25 hours and the next it'll be 10! The best part of it all was my coworkers and the discount (20%) which isn't a lot either. Not to mention if your looking for a decent paying job VF is NOT the way to go! Minimum wage is ridiculous for all the stuff you have to put up with there. Biggest waist of my time! – less
Good company to work for
Manager, Information Security (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: competitive salary
Good company that provides day to day challenges in a complex computing environment.
A Great Company
Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: my co workers
Cons: the tools available to do my job
The VF Outlet is a great company to work for. There are something that could be changed in the corporate way of thinking and doing things but it is that way with all companies. I enjoy working with the other associates and making the customers happy.
Great place to learn
ASM (Current Employee), TXFebruary 13, 2014
Great solid company. Great leadership, yet a little outdated in procedures.
Productive and simple
Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Would unload any new merchandise and put them out on the sales floor. Rest of the daily activities consisted in organization of the store and cleanliness, and would cashier when needed. I learned how to merchandise clothing and improved my attention to detail. Management was good and cared about the presentation of the store. Co-workers were diverse – more... but sometimes lacking motivation. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always something to do, so time never seemed to move too slow. – less
Very Friendly environment
Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee), Birch Run, MIJanuary 28, 2014
working with fellow employees as well as customers to get the task at hand done. I have learn that in retail, things change on a daily basis. Customer Service Is key in the retail industry. Coworkers and management get along well making it a friendly & fun environment to work & shop at.
Creative minds
Senior Materials Manager (Current Employee), Alameda, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Great company to work for, a typical day at VF, encounters challenging opportunities to leverage fabrics between North face and Lucy Activewear, managing the materials team, quality approvals and lab dips.

Constant contact with overseas partners and fabric and trims developments .

About VF Corporation

The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion – Read more

VF Corporation Photos