VF Corporation

VF Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work, you spend more money on items in store!
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Queenstown, MDMay 22, 2014
Pros: nice employees
Cons: some management members need to treat employees at their worth.
Daily busy work environment, good customers and plenty of work to do. Product is for everyone and I Love the store. Worked their before part-time and the quality of merchandise is better now.
Friendly Atmosphere
Dealer Service Representative / Supply Chain (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMay 20, 2014
VF is a great company to work for. We can wear casual attire as we represent the brands we own.
Challenging but rewarding experience
Sourcing Coordinator (Current Employee), PanamáMay 17, 2014
Pros: vf day, little activities, field trips
Cons: unflexible schedule (time in/time out), no breaks in the schedule, hr not communicating internal postings to candedates at the office
I have grown both personally and professionally thanks to my time at VF. Every day was a challenge and learning experience. I was able to get a behind the scenes look into the complex world of manufacturing apparel. After years working in design/development/buying it has been a complementary experience to work in this side of the business. Improving – more... my strategic planning experience and understanding cost negotiation as well as the ebb and flow of the development process.

VF is a place that not only challenged me daily but provided cohesive and productive feedback throughout my time at the company. – less
Law Enforcement
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAMay 14, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: non
managing customs, ICE, Border Patrol, U.S. Marshals...etc
more about what our agencies do to protect our country
management team is the best
co-workers are awesome to work with
hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy agents
most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with a happy agent
Multicultural environment all over
Credit Controller (Former Employee), ENGMay 14, 2014
Pros: great sales discounts
Cons: high employee turnover
Nice co-workers from all different national backgrounds, unique multicultural flair, friendly atmosphere, training available for all relevant aspects of the job.
Job/Work life balance is great!
Ecommerce Merchandise Planner (Current Employee), Alameda, CAMay 8, 2014
Great job culture with advancement opportunities. Job/Work life balance is great!
Productive Work Environment
Machinist (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCMay 4, 2014
Great people with a great managment team. Wonderful opportunity
Fun and very work oriented place.
Utilities Worker (Former Employee), Visalia, CaliforniaApril 29, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work was getting boxes loading up with merchandise and putting them on conveyer.
Down to earth place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 27, 2014
Pros: worked at our own pace
Cons: very little hours
Pretty simple
Learned to drive a forklift
Good manegment
Lazy Co-workers
Very hot in summer
Long comfortable breaks
Analyst (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 25, 2014
VF is a great place to work. There are so many perks of working for this company.
fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Tucson, AZApril 25, 2014
fun and easy job easy to get along with co workers no complaints
Great company to work for
Technical Design Manager, Earl Jean (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2014
Pros: great discounts on all the brands in the company umbrella.
Cons: lack of loyalty to their employees.
The management is strong and people centered. Great company culture
Okay job, but very poor management
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 21, 2014
Pros: casual dress
Cons: poor management, pay, benefits, promotion opportunities
It'a an okay place to work if you're just starting out. If you can get in the right department with a good boss you'll learn a lot. Sadly, the good bosses are few and far between in recent years. Recommend avoiding half of Accounting, almost all of Customer Service, and definitely avoid Credit.

Pay is lower than industry standard, benefits aren't the – more... best, but you get a casual work environment and nice coworkers. Advancement doesn't much exist, or rather it isn't based on performance. A lot of childish games and favoritism among certain managers and supervisors. I often felt it was positively surreal how often the poorest performing employees were promoted while the smartest and most qualified employees were pushed out the door. I saw a lot of great people passed over; eventually they'd get frustrated and move on to another company offering bigger and better. – less
just a job never a career
assitant manager (Former Employee), ontario, caApril 21, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: no advancement
Went into the job with a low ball wage. People were cool, corporate expects a lot but doesn't give you tools or training to succeed. Just okay good discount
critically understaffed, good benefits, good work enviornment,
Customs Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Alameda, CaliforniaApril 11, 2014
Pros: own campus with gym and cafeteria, great benefits and good pay
Cons: insufficient staffing, lack of support from hr, poor management
The corporation as a whole pays well and handles the business effectively. The corporation values the advancement of its employees and is more than willing to work with them in getting the proper education and/or training.

The individual departments are as strong as their leaders. Often departments and personnel are put under the leadership of individuals – more... that are clueless to the job and the requirements. Having worked in a department that must always function not just by corporate policies but by external government laws I saw how easily the leadership could move away from regulation and the word of the Director was always taken to be Gospel without regard to risks involved to the Corporation.

Co-workers followed the direction of the Director and never questioned him even when they knew that the laws or corporate policies said otherwise. The Director lacked conviction and the ability to communicate his goals for the department. Generalization is not a good means of leadership, Very poor leadership.

The most enjoyable part of the job was always the work itself and the complexity of researching projects - there was a lot to be said for the accomplishment in resolving complex problems and providing assistance to other departments in meeting regulatory compliance. Each day was a learning and growing experience.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the leadership of my department. Handling the workload that increased three fold without hiring additional people and working with a Director that knew less yet never provided the accolades. – less
good work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 11, 2014
It is a good work environment. The management is fair. The co-workers are nice. The job really isn't that hard
Top of the line machines, and they have air conditioning
Sewing machine operator (Former Employee), Was in Bangor, Pa. They have moved to Easton, PaApril 5, 2014
Pros: starting early and ending early afternoon
Cons: the rush orders
You have bundles of work that must go out. You sew whatever job you have. In a day you usually do hundreds of pants or shirts. I learned that if it wasn't for our accuracy, the teams wouldn't have uniforms. When you see the major league baseball teams on T.V. you have a sense of pride. Our supervisors and floor persons were the most helpful. Always – more... a kind word and told you when you did a job well. We were like a family, shared in tales of our own families and they listened and gave some advice. A shoulder if you needed it. Hardest part of the job is a rush order that needs to go out same day on the truck. Most enjoyable, our two vacations. They were two weeks in summer and two weeks at Christmas. – less
Productiv
Maintenance (Current Employee), Hackleburg, ALApril 4, 2014
fix and maintain conveyors throughout the plant on a daily basis. Also make sure sustainability is up to date throughout the plant
fun and easygoing
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Visalia, CAApril 3, 2014
fun and easygoing, I enjoyed working in the factory environment. easy fast pace work ethic
Great place to work at
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 31, 2014
I would still be at this job if the economy had not dipped down. would love to return.

About VF Corporation

The movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High put Vans sneakers on the map, but the company owes its current popularity to the fashion – Read more

VF Corporation Photos