Veterans Affairs Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Records Management Clerk completed file accession re archive and/or storage
Records Management Clerk (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSNovember 27, 2013
Contract position - special project

Under guidance of the Records Chief a typical day involved completing required file control for files to be archived or sent for specific storage, as well as, daily filing to client's files. Other than the specific project, if time allowed, I assisted co-workers with daily maintenance of files and assisted in the – more... department's mail service.

I learned the life cyle of maintaining files/records in determining whether records should be sent for storage vs archiving following department requirements and policies/procedures. Previous accuracy in filing records was found to be an issue when completing the futher storage of these files.

As I previously worked with this department, Management relied on my accuracy and dedication of maintaining specified instructions for this project. Management was available for any queries.

Co-workers were good in this registry section as each individual had specified daily work guidelines and everyone was available to assist if problems occurred.

Hardest part of the job was the locating of misfiled material in clients' files. These had to be refiled no matter how old the file was.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of completion of each alotment grouping being forwarded to new storage or sent to archive centre. Also, the daily working with these employees/co-workers. – less
good management and co-workers
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 17, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Learned a lot about veterans who served for Canada and photocopying their documents.
providing support
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 29, 2013
Pros: amazing coworkers
 providing site support to multiple members of Management and staff on various tasks and requests.
 clerical duties; switch board, emailing, filing, MS Word, MS Excel, faxing, photo coping, research.
 Distributing and organizing related Veteran documentation to appropriate Management personnel and other staff members.
 providing front line information – more... to the Veteran clients, by determining the nature of their inquiry (lost cheque, request for forms, etc) by screening, responding and/or referring them to the appropriate staff member.
 initiating and completing work independently.
 confidentiality was paramount within Veterans Affairs Canada organization. – less
Veterans Affairs Canada
Records Clerk (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 12, 2013
I would photocopy medical records for people who applied for disability pension
Veterans Affairs Canada was a great learning experience and I would love to work in a setting like this agian.
Client Service Team Support Officer (Former Employee), Mississauga, Ontario CanadaDecember 7, 2012
Pros: very good manager to work with, mentoring and leading is one thing that was really great about working at this company.
A typical day at work would be helping Client service Agents with their daily assisting to the Elderly veterans and their widows in the Community. I would Help the Clients with their assistance benefits and programs and would ensure they were getting all they needed in care from Veterans Affairs. I Learned a lot about the Public sector and Government – more... settings.

I also gained a lot of my office support experience from veterans Affairs and It was A great Opportunity to work with so many helpful and kind co- workers. The most enjoyable part about working at veterans Affairs was Knowing that I was able to help people in need and get a better understanding of what a social worker is and how things are done in this field.

My Managers and Mentors were all very motivated and Strong individuals who seem to really care about the people in the office as well as the war veterans who are in need.

Experience – less
Flexible assignments, excellent work environment, Friendly
Patient Care Manager (Former Employee), severalOctober 28, 2012
Pros: flexible
Primary duty is to carry out patient assessments at their residences.
Fast paced place to work
Junior Personnel Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2012
Was fun to work at and had a great work environment, got laid off.