Vestas Employee Reviews

Wind Turbine Technician (Current Employee) –  O'Neill, NE23 April 2017
Managers know little to nothing about wind turbine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair etc. The pay is noncompetitive. Technicians at Vestas are among the lowest paid in the industry. Management is inexperienced and weak motivators who pay more attention to budget and production than technicians. By far this is the worst management I have ever worked for.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
In the long run you pay for good benefits.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CO6 April 2017
Worked on the assembly line building wind mill blades.
• Inspected blades for weak spots before sending to the finish stages.
• Managed a safe work environment for my co workers and my self.
Interesting Job
Tech II (Current Employee) –  Maine, ME29 March 2017
Overall I like it, however, its difficult to move up because its up to your manager what level tech you can achieve based on what your particular site needs. Once your site is up and running Travel is expected.
Great Place
Service Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma16 March 2017
Great place to work, however there are times that they think that the job is more important then your home/family time. I still think that is a really good place to work!
Pros
The View
Cons
Not enough family time
No work life balance
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mojave, CA11 March 2017
Vestas is a great company to work for but site management is poor and in need of improvement. there is a poor safety culture that cause employees to be placed in situations where they could be harmed due to their lack of knowledge and fear of back lash from management when they voice their opinion about how unsafe a conditions really is. There is no work life balance and we are required to work 65 to 70 hrs a week and if we tell management that we have made plans with our families on the weekend that we are supposed to be scheduled off they say that the only plans we should make are the plans to work.
Pros
Job Security and overall vestas is a great company to work for.
Cons
No work life balance, and poor site management
great
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CO7 March 2017
informative, and managed a team, build a lot of knowledge and prepared me for future endeavors. The work environment was pleasant and friendlily. great job
unstable job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CO24 February 2017
the benefits and pay are good but advancement isnt guaranteed like they tell you with my experience and from others that ive worked with if your looking to move up in a company this may not be the best place for that regardless of the type of work you put in.The management is very unorganized and your always going on and off with mandatory 6 day weeks and every year they clear house and fire large amounts of employees over minor mistakes
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
bad management, lack of training, no guarantee of advancement
fun
Production Worker- Finish (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CO23 February 2017
working at vestas was ok. they don't really care about their workers. Super strict policies that are a joke and super hazardous chemicals always in the air cause lung cancer to everyone
Good place to work great pay
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO21 February 2017
Great benefit and good pay for pueblo co job security is what u have at vestas work hard do good quality and you will have job security work a team ....
Challenging and fun place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Brighton, CO20 February 2017
My days are very busy at Vestas, this company is very fast paced. I have made many friends there. Moving up is easy with this company. They did change to a 40 hour work week, I did like doing the 3, 12 hour shifts, but the change has made work/life balance easier.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Long commute
OK place to work
BLADE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CO8 February 2017
No direction from supervisors, no job security. Complete attitude of apathy stemming from supervisors, trickling down to hourly employees. good cafeteria.
Vestas chews up people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Windsor colorado28 January 2017
Vestas pays great. But the pay is not worth loosing who you are. Management is like a snake. They are paid to fire. Vestas needs to get out of our country.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Vestas
It is just opening, management is amazing
Sous Chef/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY9 January 2017
Very excited about working for Vesta. The hiring manager is very friendly and a amazing place to start a amazing career. I'm not as knowledgeable as the more experienced chef but I'm willing to give 110% to learn.
Pros
Great management
Cons
I don't have alot of experience but willing to learn everything.
ok
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CO31 December 2016
Management sucks, trying to cut costs. Making employees clock on/off at times that are unrealistic.My co-workers are great and some of the leads are grounded
You could train a monkey
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO30 December 2016
I worked at vestas towers facility in Pueblo for 3 years and I can honestly say no amount of money is worth the trouble you'll get working there (my opinion). If you are looking to gain new skills look elsewhere (your a button pusher or a circle maker). I can only speak from working on the production side as a welder but the jobs were so easy you could train a monkey to do them (and I'm not even talking about a NASA monkey either) and yet it seemed production is always behind ... on to management ... now look most have places have a system in place that insures maybe you should have at least a high school reading level or some even marginal people skills to be a team lead but that' the opposite of what you'll find here(very weak form of leadership there). Look I quit after 3 years and I should have quit after 3 days of working there but money wasn't terrible for a small town and everyone working there tries to convince themselves it will get better but I'm here to tell you it won't move on and save yourself the headache.
Pros
Breakfast was decent
Cons
That's a very long list
good work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CO30 November 2016
Great kitchen for made to order breakfast lunch and dinner
Lots of fiber glass
Full body covering saftey suits
Rotating scheduals
Easy work
Not too much lifting
Pros
good benifits
Cons
rotating schedual
Managment is terrible
Welder (Current Employee) –  Pueblo co6 November 2016
Welder. Been there a long time. Seen too many changes. Team leads change yearly if not more. Always make you do different things. Mandatory overtime is constant, except in January. All upper management is bad, if they could realize they need good employees instead of master welders it would be a lot easier to keep people. Tacking is a hard job but requires little to no welding experience. This place could be awesome but for the last 5 years has been a total joke. Come here if you want a ton of money and no family life. If you are willing to bend over backwards for no benefit to yourself, Vestas Is for you. Unless you hug your team lead around the waist and smile lie a donut, prepare to be treated like sh!+. All in all this place was good as a Danish company before it was amreicanized.
Pros
Make as much $ as you want $50k-150k overtime is constant
Cons
No family life, decreased benefits, mandatory overtime, bad management
Sweatshop
Process Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CO4 November 2016
Was a 3 year employee of Vestas, avoid this place if you do not want to be run down to the ground as a human being. Works is fair management is probably the worst of it all. Safety is the biggest priority but all safety is cut off when production has to be met.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Good place to work if not in MED
Manager (Former Employee) –  Madrid13 October 2016
Vestas is a great company to work for unless you have to work in MED region, that is not aligned with the rest of the regions of Vestas.
Once you get there, you will know that life "below the Alps" is different, unfortunately.
Pros
People
Cons
Work is tough on your body, but it pays the bills
Blade Builder (Former Employee) –  Brighton, CO2 October 2016
the job is very strict. Quality is top priority. It is also can be quite hazardous. Fiberglass particles are continuously in the air and the vacuums system that removes this dust is working 60% of the time.
I personally where my respirator throughout the 12 hour shift.
supervisors are mostly there to keep you from taking longer on your brakes and know nothing about the actual job. You learn your job from trial and error because no one has been there longer than a year but eventually you will learn it.
Pros
healthcare is very cheap. 20 bucks for the most expensive
Cons
very short breaks. 30 min. for lunch and two 15 min. for breaks in a 12 hour shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vestas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8