Our client is a young, well-funded, venture-backed tech company who is already the leader in their industry. Their innovative technology helps retailers capture mobile and online consumers, and their clients include some of the largest retailers in North America. They are currently seeking a Controller to work from their West End Toronto office.
If you are currently working as a Controller for a small company, or you’re currently working as a CA or CGA for a large accounting firm, then we want to talk to you!
You will be responsible for leading key initiatives for our clients Finance Team including but not limited to external and internal financial and tax reporting. The role reports to the VP of Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete accurate and timely month end/ quarterly/ year end closes
- Prepare consolidated financial statements following US GAAP filing requirements
- Complete required tax filings
- Work with the senior management team on budget and financial planning
- Administration of the accounting system to confirm accuracy and compliance with accounting standards and internal controls
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports for internal/external reporting for investors
- Be point of contact for external auditors
- Minimum 5 yrs experience working in a similar role and/or experience working for a large accounting firm
- CA or CGA Designation
- Must have experience preparing statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Must have experience compiling, preparing and reviewing company financial statements including consolidated balance sheets, income statements, statement of cash flow, department reports, and management and investor reports.
- Experience preparing audits and working with external auditors
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products, including expert knowledge of Excel.
- Superior communication skills - you have to be able to communicate effectively with the finance team and senior management.
Our client is offering a lucrative salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive medical and dental plans, cell phone, laptop, stock options, a fully stocked kitchen, company paid lunches on Fridays, flexible hours and team events and socials.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work in a fun, open and friendly environment with energetic and passionate people who love what they do.
We'd like to thank all applicants, however only those under serious consideration will be contacted.
Verus was established to provide a fresh perspective and a fresh approach to recruitment. To this end, we see our mission as connecting people in a more meaningful way.