VERTO Labour Services Inc. is a Social Enterprise, started by YOUCAN Youth Services,focusing on assisting young people in gaining meaningful work experience. We have a strong organizational culture where learning, personal experience, leading with values, and having a deep investment in being relentless are essential to achieving courageous goals with young people. We are in the business of helping young people between the ages of 16-22 ‘learn to work, while working’.
At VERTO Labour Services we offer supervised labour crews in a variety of different areas such as: General Labour, Production Plant Cleanup, Construction Site Cleanup, Warehouse Cleanup, Parking Lot Cleanup, Loading Dock Cleanup, Road Construction Labour, Light Maintenance, Landscaping Assistance, Event Mobilizing and Demobilizing, Moving (Office/Company). All our crew members are trained in First Aid, WHMIS and CSTS. Our crews are transported to and from the job site on time and our supervisors are experienced in both industry and youth work.
The General Manager position is unique in that you will be utilizing your skills, expertise and experiences in many different areas. The General Manager will work in areas of Human Resources Management, Project Management, Marketing and Public Relations, as well as Financial Management, Planning and Strategizing, and Administrative Management. A key responsibility of this position will be ongoing development of relationships with prospective customers in different industry areas in order to increase future business opportunities. You will also be responsible for recruiting and building the work crews that will deliver our services. You are self-directed, a natural leader and understand true customer service. You have computer literacy, and are familiar with Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4-6 years experience working in a management role and proven skills in business, process improvement, strategic management and decision-making. Previous experience within the construction industry and/or working with youth is a definite asset.
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- 5-8 years minimum in a Management Role
- Effectiveness in recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, and leading youth (16-22 yrs old) work crews (Human Resources and Logistics)
- Ongoing development of relationships with prospective customers in order to increase future business opportunities (Sales and Logistics)
- Employee development and training
- Policy development and documentation
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Alberta Employment Standard compliance to regulatory concerns
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Oversee preparation of annual budget and monitor regular variance statements
- Provide vision regarding overall financial health of the company
- Provide recommendations regarding effective utilization of long and short term cash flow
- Ensure client and vendor file integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of people especially at-risk youth
- Excellent proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a staff team
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills
- Proficiency with office computer equipment and software
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast -paced environment
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations
- Analyzing, updating and preparing quarterly reports for the Board of Directors
- Other responsibilities and duties as required
Salary Range is starting at $58,000-$64,000/year depending on experience.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume in confidence.Visit our website at www.vertolabour.ca. Click on 'News' for more information on this posting. We thank all applicants for their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.