Vertica Resident Services

Vertica Resident Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I started with Vertica on a contract for one year. I did a good job and as a result they did hire on as a full time employee.
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2015
Pros: Conveniently located, close to home. A great area to work in
Cons: No recognition from Managment for a job well done
I started with Vertica on a contract for one year. I did a good job and as a result they did hire me on as a full time employee. I learned so much in the five years that I was there. The company is well organized. The upper management team were very opinionated and they came to quick conclusions which were detrimental to job advancement. There was a lot of stress in my position but as a result I did learn to work well under stress. My communication skills improved greatly and I had a great support system from fellow staff members. The site was very close to home so it is very convenient for me to get to work very quickly. The most challenging part of my job was to resolve issues with residents in a professional manner, especially due to the fact that the residents were very difficult. I headed five major capital projects and although it was very difficult as I did not have previous experience in this my superior was very supportive and gave me the tools to deal with these projects well. A typical day in my job was to deal with day to day operations of the site. I had to oversee them maintenance team as well as the administrative team to ensure that the site was running smoothly.
Productive and professional environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 21, 2013
My co-workers are fantastic to work with. I enjoy meeting new people on a daily basis.
Administrative Assistant and Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2012
Pros: something new and exciting everyday
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work - extremely busy,
hardest part is to make sure all tenants are satisfied with overall living situation at the building,
most enjoyable is talking with different people/ tenants everyday
Great people but too unorganised!
Resident Manager Couple (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 15, 2012
Pros: good pay, nice people
Cons: too much work in maintenance for one person, not enough support when needed and when others are sick.
I enjoyed most of my work and most of the residents and loved most of my colleagues but management is too unorganised. It was too much work and not enough staff. I understand that health issues happen, including with myself, but there should be something in place to take up the slack when others are unable to work for extended time and there wasn't. My spouse was over worked, kept asking for help, but never got it. He ended up with serious issues with his heart and had to stop altogether or end up with serious damage. He had stress leave on doctors orders over a month before he had to quit, told management what was going on and still didn't get any help with his work. He ended up completing 8 turnovers and maintenance on his own again at end of month. Doctor warned if he kept it up he would have permanent damage as all the stress and physical activity was too much for his heart. As he was facing 18 more turnovers again as well as regular daily maintenance requests of 6-10 a day with no help he couldn't do it. For his health he had to leave. When we notified management we were leaving, they said they were getting help for end of month, but as that was told the month before, we couldn't take that chance.