When you see an opportunity to make things better, do you seize it? Vertica Resident Services is a Property Management company driven to change the way people think about apartment living. We are always interested in meeting people who have the drive to help us create a new level of customer service in the resident services market.
If your goal is to provide exceptional customer service and work for an industry leader then apply now to join the Vertica Resident Services Team.
We are currently seeking a Senior Property Accountant for our Head Office in Toronto. Candidates must have flexible working hours.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of monthly activities including cash distributions, and monthly reporting package
- Utilize budgets and other tools to analyze variances
Reconciliation and understanding of all Balance Sheet accounts
Review monthly Accounts Receivable, Last Month Rent Deposits reconciliations
Review revenue and vacancy loss calculation
Review monthly leasing reports
Review accuracy of monthly interest on LMR calculation and accrual
Review accurate records for commercial units and other ancillary revenue
Complete year end operating cost adjustments and commercial tenant billings for assigned properties within 90 days of operating year end
Responsible for completing Accounting portion of assigned budget files including revenue models within assigned deadlines
Follow up on status of budgets throughout the draft, revised, and final stages to ensure completion within the assigned deadlines and files integrity
Handle auditor queries at Year End audit
Supplementary reporting as required by the management
- Enrolled in CGA/CMA program or equivalent post secondary program.
- Minimum 4-5 years property accounting experience required including full cycle property accounting, financial statement preparation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; team player.
- Organizational/Multi-Tasking: ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities; ability to prioritize workload; ability to work at a detailed level; highly organized; willingness to learn in a dynamic environment that includes new ideas and change.
- Computer Skills: intermediate to advance skills in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of Yardi Voyager an asset.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume via e-mail at: careers @vertica.ca or by fax at: 416-552-6111. Please indicate the position you are applying for along with the location in the subject line.
Property management company Vertica Resident Services offers suites for rent in Edmonton, Calgary, Brampton, Montreal, Burlington, Milton, Oakville, Ottawa, Toronto and Halifax.
Vertica is about always working towards raising the bar on service for our residents. It's about continually taking important things like how we serve our customers, how we conduct our business and the quality of our rental properties to new heights.