When you see an opportunity to make things better, do you seize it? Vertica Resident Services is a company driven to change the way people think about apartment living. We are always interested in meeting people who have the drive to help us create a new level of customer service in the resident services market.
If your goal is to provide exceptional customer service and work for an industry leader then apply now to join the Vertica Resident Services Team.
We are currently seeking a Painter for all of our residential buildings in across the GTA. This position would require the individual travel within the downtown core and to surrounding properties (Brampton, Burlington, Milton, Oakville).
The Painter is important to the successful operation of a residential building and is responsible for the interior and exterior condition of the building(s) to the highest paint quality. The Painter must have a service-oriented approach, excellent communication skills and possibly work flexible hours including month-end requirements. A positive attitude within a learning environment is essential, and participation in company training and development workshops/seminars will be necessary for continued development.
- Professionally and courteously handle all feedback, complaints or concerns.
- Ensure a high level of resident relations is maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to resident needs.
- Consistently focus on providing superior customer service.
- Interact with residents in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contractors, service providers and colleagues.
- Preparation and painting interior and exterior areas such as corridors, stairwells, ceilings, rails, fencing, curbs, doors, gates, parking lots etc.
- Respond to all service requests related to cosmetic painting repairs.
- Responsible for placing “wet paint” signs to prevent damage or accidents.
- Knowledge of various paints (latex, oil, epoxy, lacquers) and chemicals (acids, thinners, reducers, etc.) for assigned duties.
- Color match paint and finishes as required for specific jobs.
- Conduct frequent inventory of materials and equipment to ensure there is adequate stock to perform specific jobs.
- Cover surfaces with appropriate material for protection during painting and post appropriate paint signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Ensure a complete knowledge and safe handling of cleaning materials (WHMIS), and ensure all contractors and vendors comply with safe handling guidelines.
- Ensure property, grounds and vacant suites are kept clean in accordance with company standards.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- A passion for excellence in customer service delivery.
- Requires a valid driver's license and own vehicle.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to lift, push and pull heavy objects, including garbage bins, furniture and appliances.
- Ability to complete minor insuite renovations an asset.
- Service properties within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Successful candidates will have a service-oriented approach, excellent communication skills, a strong understanding of building maintenance systems, painting and carpentry skills, and the ability to work flexible hours. We offer a competitive compensation package including accommodation and benefits.
Please send resumes to careers @ vertica.ca or via fax to 416-552-6111. Please indicate the position you are applying for along with the location in the subject line.
Property management company Vertica Resident Services offers suites for rent in Edmonton, Calgary, Brampton, Montreal, Burlington, Milton, Oakville, Ottawa, Toronto and North York
Vertica is about always working towards raising the bar on service for our residents. It's about continually taking important things like how we serve our customers, how we conduct our business and the quality of our rental properties to new heights.