When you see an opportunity to make things better, do you seize it? Vertica Resident Services is a Property Management company driven to change the way people think about apartment living. We are always interested in meeting people who have the drive to help us create a new level of customer service in the resident services market.
If your goal is to provide exceptional customer service and work for an industry leader then apply now to join the Vertica Resident Services Team.
We are currently seeking an Apartment Rental Agent for our residential building in Edmonton. Any exciting opportunity a sales professional to assist us to "lease up" our brand new apartment building which does not yet have occupancy. Candidates must have flexible working hours and be available evenings and weekends.
The primary function of the Apartment Rental Agent is to professionally qualify prospective residents and follow-up with them for the ultimate purpose of renting suites. In fulfilling this function, as a front line employee, it is imperative that the Apartment Rental Agent provide both existing and potential residents with a superior level of service.
- Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns.
- Consistently focus on providing superior customer service.
- Meet and interact with residents and prospective residents in a courteous and professional manner.
- Encourage appointments or viewings with all prospective resident phone calls, emails or walk-ins.
- Ask open-ended questions to determine the needs of prospective residents.
- Secure appointments and property tours with all prospective residents.
- Ensure all prospective walk-ins are provided with a property tour, including suite showings: an appointment is not required.
- Sell the property to prospective residents in order to obtain a commitment to lease. While specific property features and attributes should be highlighted, the focus should be on selling the benefits of living at the property.
- Follow-up with all prospective residents in order to overcome any objections, with an overall focus on obtaining a signed lease.
- These calls should be conducted within 24 hours of the initial contact.
- Negotiate leases to achieve optimum value for the property.
- Inspect all vacant units daily to ensure suites are in optimal condition for showings/appointments
- Hold open houses and actively promote referral programs
- Create and post advertisements on websites (e.g. Craigslist, Kijiji etc.)
- Generate leads through a variety of avenues (e.g. telemarketing, distributing flyers etc.)
- Conduct monthly market surveys and have a thorough understanding of competing properties and current market conditions
Administration and Reporting;
- Complete rent collection, striving for zero arrears each month. Ensure rents are forwarded to the Property Administrator or deposited in the property account on a timely basis. Record all transactions according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the property by issuing and tracking work orders.
- Enter work orders into Yardi for existing residents.
Enter rent deposits into Yardi on a timely basis.
- Utilize the property management system to record transactions and run various operating reports.
- Review and submit changes to the availability report each week or as directed.
- Complete and maintain a consistent and accurate traffic report and submit on a weekly basis.
- Register all prospective residents using a Guest Registration Card.
- Collect and complete all pertinent information on the Application Form. according to established policy and procedure, and forward to the (Senior) Property Manager for approval.
- Personally notify all applicants of the Property Manager’s decision (approved or declined) with respect to rental applications.
- Serve all legal documentation pertaining to non-payment of rent and/or further landlord/tenant process or litigation as directed.
- Assemble and provide move-in packages to new residents.
- Coordinate reservations of elevators for move-ins and move-outs.
- Promote accepted applicants to join the Pre-Authorized-Payment program (PAP), or post-dated cheques for payment of rent.
- Assist with the completion of incoming and outgoing suite inspections and document as required.
- Actively monitor deficiencies in suites and common areas and produce work orders as required.
- Ensure the voicemail greeting is clear, enthusiastic and scripted according to company policy.
- Update the resident directory as required.
- Be flexible with lunch hours and breaks to be available to prospective residents and appointments.
- Maintain an orderly office area, including proper filing of all documentation and correspondence.
- Perform other duties related to leasing, marketing, and administration as required.
- Sales experience a requirement
- A passion for excellence in customer service delivery.
- Post Secondary education preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented; able to resolve problems using facts, sound reasoning and common sense.
- Self starter with high degree of initiative, creativity and flexibility.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume via e-mail at: careers @ vertica.ca or by fax at: 416-552-6111. Please indicate the position you are applying for along with the location in the subject line.
Property management company Vertica Resident Services offers suites for rent in Edmonton, Calgary, Brampton, Montreal, Burlington, Milton, Oakville, Ottawa, Toronto and Halifax.
Vertica is about always working towards raising the bar on service for our residents. It's about continually taking important things like how we serve our customers, how we conduct our business and the quality of our rental properties to new heights.