When you see an opportunity to make things better, do you seize it? Vertica Resident Services is a company driven to change the way people think about apartment living. We are always interested in meeting people who have the drive to help us create a new level of customer service in the resident services market.
The Administrative Assistant is important to the successful operation of a residential building and is responsible for the overall performance of the property. This includes effective administration and leasing of the community. The Administrative Assistant must have a service-oriented approach, excellent communication skills, and work flexible hours including month-end requirements. A positive attitude within a learning environment is essential, and participation in company training and development workshops/seminars will be necessary for continued development.
If your goal is to provide exceptional customer service and work for an industry leader then apply now to join the Vertica Resident Services Team.
- Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns.
- Maintain an overall focus on enhancing the customer experience.
- Welcome and assist all residents and visitors to the office;
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls in a courteous, professional manner;
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail services – including courier requirements;
- Monitor and place orders for office stationery supplies;
- Responsible for coding invoices;
- Ensure office area is kept tidy and well organized;
- Arrange for maintenance of office equipment;
- Assist property manager as required including typing, photocopying, formatting documents, telephone calls, and preparing various reports from a wide variety of materials;
Administration and Reporting:
- Assist in rent collection, striving for zero arrears each month. Ensure rents are forwarded to the Property Administrator or deposited in the property account on a timely basis. Record all transactions according to established policy and procedure.
- Assist residents with their work orders
- Ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the property by issuing and tracking work and purchase orders, and monitoring expense to budget as directed by the Property Manager
- Review all in-suite repairs to ensure resident satisfaction and external contractors are compliant to work order requests.
- Utilize the property management system to record transactions and run various operating reports.
- Assist with completion of incoming and outgoing suite inspections and document as required. Welcome new residents and provide a full orientation when possible.
- Carry out other duties and/or procedures related to marketing, rental and administration of suites as may be assigned.
- Maintain an orderly office area, including proper filing of all hard and soft copy documentation and correspondence.
- Follow up with all work orders to ensure resident satisfaction
Marketing and Leasing:
- Assist in appointments or viewings with all prospective resident callers or walk-ins as required
- Qualify prospective residents to determine their needs and suitability as candidates.
- Conduct viewings of the property and suites with prospective residents.
- Create work orders of any deficiencies or problems noted in the building or on property that require attention.
- Administrative experience a requirement.
- Sales experience a requirement.
- A passion for excellence in customer service delivery.
- Post Secondary education preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented; able to resolve problems using facts, sound reasoning and common sense.
- Self starter with high degree of initiative, creativity and flexibility
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume via email to: careers @ vertica.ca.
Property management company Vertica Resident Services offers suites for rent in Edmonton, Calgary, Brampton, Montreal, Burlington, Milton, Oakville, Ottawa, Toronto and Halifax.
Vertica is about always working towards raising the bar on service for our residents. It's about continually taking important things like how we serve our customers, how we conduct our business and the quality of our rental properties to new heights.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of GWL Realty Advisors, Vertica Resident Services is a multi-residential property management company with an...