When you see an opportunity to make things better, do you seize it? Vertica Resident Services is a company driven to change the way people think about apartment living. We are always interested in meeting people who have the drive to help us create a new level of customer service in the resident services market.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager for our Head Office in Toronto. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the overview of the Accounts Payable and Revenue Accounting departments of assigned multi-residential properties using the applicable generally accepted accounting principles.
If your goal is to provide exceptional customer service and work for an industry leader then apply now to join the Vertica Resident Services Team.
- Oversee functions performed by Revenue Accountants and ensure revenues are properly accounted for and timeliness of rent roll reconciliations and control accounts reconciliations;
- Coordination of Above Guideline Increase applications;
- Responsible for monthly Leasing Reports;
- Responsible for all quarterly reporting;
- Responsible for availability reports;
- Review Revenue Models for annual Budgets;
- Review government reporting prior to submission (T5, MPAC, Releve Quebec);
- Review all leases for ancillary revenue and follow up on status of lease expirations;
- Oversee functions performed by Accounts Payable and ensure invoices are processed timely, the status of work orders older than three months is investigated and discrepancies addressed;
- Ensure Work Orders and Purchase Orders systems are operating in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Review all Purchase Orders accruals for Capital work and Periodic R&M;
- Review AP coding for appropriateness, accuracy and authorization;
- Review all departmental, disbursements and internal invoices prior to submission;
- Coordinate quarterly vendor statement reconciliations;
- Review petty cash disbursements and ensure policies are followed;
- Update the policies and procedures for payable and revenues and ensure they are followed by Head Office/site staff;
- Coordinate site staff audits;
- Coordinate set up of new or transition properties set up in Voyager;
- Responsible for verification and submission of consolidated monthly Electronic Funds Transfer files;
- Ensure all monthly accounting deadlines are met;
- Review of collection reports and collection procedures and advise management of any collection issues;
- Special projects and implementations as assigned;
- Handle all aspects of training, development, and continuous improvement of AP and AR staff, process and procedures.
- University Degree
- CGA/CMA designation
- Minimum 5 years experience in Management Accounting in a property management company.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Highly organized, and detail oriented.
- Able to solve problems independently and results oriented.
- Ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of Yardi a must
- Microsoft Office products: Advanced skills in Excel & Word.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume via email to: careers @ vertica.ca.
Property management company Vertica Resident Services offers suites for rent in Edmonton, Calgary, Brampton, Montreal, Burlington, Milton, Oakville, Ottawa, Toronto and North York.
Vertica is about always working towards raising the bar on service for our residents. It's about continually taking important things like how we serve our customers, how we conduct our business and the quality of our rental properties to new heights.