Versatility. Expertise. With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that they not only have all of the resources required to satisfy a customer’s needs, but also the skill to do so with the best possible results. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team please apply.
Vertex Resource Services Ltd (Vertex) is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to be based out of Calmar, AB. This position reports directly to the Vice President- Rentals & Oilfield Hauling and the Controller- Consulting and Engineering.
The successful candidate will provide financial and operational expertise, leadership and support to the Corporate Controller; playing a key role in overseeing all reports, financial functions and process improvement opportunities.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Managing and tracking of purchase orders
- Responsible for month end, journal entries, reconciliations and financial statement preparation
- Provide business analysis from data converted to information that allows key stakeholders to make strategic business decisions
- Assist with the year end audit process
- Oversee two direct reports in accounting
- Assist in budgeting, forecasting and support of operational planning processes
- Assist in improvement initiatives around internal system processes and controls in order to streamline and reduce inefficiencies of financial processes
- Assist with the implementation of an asset tracking and dispatch system
- Provide support to operations
- Other related responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- Working towards designation (e.g.: CA, CGA or CMA)
- Minimum 3-5 years of senior accounting role with supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge in financial, operational, cost reporting and analysis
- Experienced in budgeting, forecasting and business process’
- Strongly proficient with Accounting software and MSO, especially in Word and Excel (experience in Maestro is an asset but not required)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain strong relationships with vendors, agencies and various internal stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
The ideal candidate will be based out of our Calmar, AB Office.
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.