Versatility. Expertise. With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that they not only have all of the resources required to satisfy a customer’s needs, but also the skill to do so with the best possible results. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team please apply.
Vertex is currently looking for an experienced Project Accountant to be based out of the Sherwood Park Office. This position will be working closely under the guidance and direction of the Assistant Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all steps of project full cycle accounting activities are complete.
Specific Responsibilities of Positions
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare invoices as per district activities and contract requirement
- Responsible for job set up, control and maintenance activities.
- Month end and quarter end closing activities including open PO analysis, cost accruals, vendor reconciliations and variance investigation.
- Research and respond to queries on job related financial matters.
- Reconcile completed jobs, ensuring accuracy of costs and revenues.
- Analysis of Accounts Payable for key vendor accounts
- Maintain accounting records for individual projects and equipment.
- Prepare, analyze, and report project financial information relating to revenue and costs.
- Participate in operations meetings to provide guidance and feedback to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Coordinate efforts with accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll to resolve project related issues as they arise.
- Posting deposits regularly
- Report and monitor actual costs against project budgets
- On-going communication with Project Managers, Site Staff, and Head office regarding projects
- Provide project status and analysis information to Project Manager and Controller
- Main point of contact between Accounting department and Project Management in regards to all aspects of related project specific budgets, variance analysis, forecast, trends, commitments, actual cost, cost / profitability analysis and reporting
- Document management for such things as drawings, contract, emails, administration of subcontract and correspondence from original quotes to end project
- Analysis monthly unbilled (WIP) results; percent of completed calculations to summary of forecast costs of completion
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Designation or working towards designation (e.g.: CA, CGA or CMA) is an asset
- 3 to 5 years of project accounting experience
- Strongly proficient with Accounting software and MSO, especially in Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi task effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with vendors, agencies and various internal stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 30+ days ago