Vertex Resource Services Ltd. is currently looking for an energetic Project Accountant to work closely under the guidance and direction of the Assistant Controllers in our Sherwood Park office. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all steps of project full cycle accounting activities are complete.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare invoices as per district activities and contract requirement
- Responsible for job set up, control and maintenance activities
- Month end and quarter end closing activities including open PO analysis, cost accruals, vendor reconciliations and variance investigation
- Research and respond to queries on job related financial matters
- Reconcile completed jobs, ensuring accuracy of costs and revenues
- Analysis of accounts payable for key vendor accounts
- Maintain accounting records for individual projects and equipment
- Prepare, analyze, and report project financial information relating to revenue and costs
- Bank reconciliations, balance sheet account reconciliations
- Participate in operations meetings to provide guidance and feedback to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Participate in the development and maintenance of monitoring and reporting procedures
- Coordinate efforts with accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll to resolve project related issues as they arise
- Posting deposits regularly
- Report and monitor actual costs against project budgets
- On-going communication with Project Managers, Site Staff, and Head office regarding projects
- Provide project status and analysis information to Project Manager and Controller
- Main point of contact between Accounting department and Project Management in regards to all aspects of related project specific budgets, variance analysis, forecast, trends, commitments, actual cost, cost / profitability analysis and reporting
- Document management for such things as drawings, contract, emails, administration of subcontract and correspondence from original quotes to end project
- Analysis monthly unbilled (WIP) results; percent of completed calculations to summary of forecast costs of completion
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience
- Relevant post-secondary education
- 3 to 5 years of project accounting experience
- Designation or working towards designation (e.g. CA, CGA or CMA) is an asset
- Strongly proficient with computers, specifically with Accounting software and MSO, and especially in Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi task effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with vendors, agencies and various internal stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and in a fast pace environment
The position will be based out of our Sherwood Park Office.
Vertex offers Competitive salary - Benefit package - Training and Development - Growth Opportunities - Potential Career Opportunities.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an exciting and fast paced environment, then we invite you to forward your resume, in confidence, by email.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vertex is a diversified company that provides solutions primarily to the growing Energy, resources, and many other sectors and projects throughout Western Canada, North Dakota and internationally. Vertex provides land, environmental and safety services, building systems, industrial insulation, scaffolding, well site accommodations and waste management services, to name just a few. Vertex’s service offering continues to grow to serve our client’s requirements.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides an environment where people thrive. Opportunities and career changes come from within our growing divisions and from one division to another. From recent graduates to professionals with many years of experience, Vertex’s entrepreneurial culture of success welcomes all. Vertex is a team environment where individuals as team members are encouraged to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. Vertex’s family values promote a culture of flexibility and encourage a good work/life balance.
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -