The Procurement Clerk is responsible for the expediting of supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the organization. The individual coordinates his/her efforts with the purchasing manager in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory with the assistance from the Inventory Coordinator. This individual will utilize his/her knowledge to assist with purchasing goods and, while maintaining relationships with key suppliers.
- Maintain rental equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Maintain and expedite delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Analyze inventory needs based on sales trends and inventory levels.
- Place purchase orders ensuring the flow of inventory.
- Maintain database for all orders that is up to date.
- Provide product, storage and order information to all internal departments as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Post-Secondary Diploma.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a procurement chain role preferred.
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Resourceful and flexible.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- PMAC or Supply Chain designation or working towards is a definite asset
- Interacts with employees, various management levels and the public at large.
- Travel to storage yard/suppliers will be required.
- Overtime may be required.
The candidates will be based out of our Sherwood Park office.
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.