Junior Geotechnical Engineer
Vertex is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Junior Geotechnical Engineer to support our growing team of professionals in geotechnical investigations, design and tender package preparation. The successful candidate must be someone with project management, client communication and operational experience in the environmental field.
This position will be a home based position, working out of our Sherwood Park office.
- Geotechnical site investigations (including drilling and coring);
- Assist in geotechnical analysis and design assignments under the supervision of professional engineers;
- Prepare and coordinate the implementation of laboratory testing programs
- Report preparation and proposal writing;
- Tender package preparation;
- Site inspection/supervision; and
- Construction QA/QC inspections
- Promote corporate, safety and environmental policies
- Other geotechnical/environmental related projects for clients as directed
Education and Experience:
- All candidates must also be eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Alberta.
- The ideal candidate will be a demonstrated leader with a Bachelor degree in civil and/or geotechnical engineering and < 1-2 years of experience.
- Excellent organizational ability and communication skills.
- Environmental experience in Western Canada within the Oil and Gas, Energy, and Infrastructure industries.
Competitive salary - Benefit package - Training and Development - Potential Career Opportunities
The ideal candidate would be home based in Sherwood Park, Alberta
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an exciting and fast paced environment, then we are inviting you to forward your resume, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.